Learn Greek pt2

Hey there : )
Wow, It’s been a while since we’ve done these lessons so I decided to bring them back after a vote that won in favor of the continuation of this series.
So let’s pick up where we left off.

You can revise on the previous lessons here if you can’t remember as it’s been a long time since our last lesson.

What do you want to learn next?

• Adjectives
  • Further explanation of ‘τόνος’
  • Rooms

0 voters

@GreekLessons

3 Likes

Hello, and welcome to another long awaited greek lesson. Today we’ll be learning the rooms based on the previous poll.

LESSON 1: Rooms

Δωμάτιo (doh-mah-tee-oh) = Room (Singular) / Δωμάτια (do-mah-tee-ah) = Rooms (Plural)
Yπνοδωμάτιο (eep-noh-doh-mah-tee-oh = Bedroom (Singular) / Yπνοδωμάτια (eep-noh-doh-mah-tee-ah) → (Plural)
Ξενώνας (Xeh-noh-nass) = Guest room (Singular) / Ξενώνες (Xeh-noh-ness) → (Plural)
Σαλόνι (sah-loh-nee) = Living room → (Singular) / Σαλόνια (sah-loh-nyah) → (Plural)
Mπάνιο (Bah-nyoh) = Bathroom → (Singular) / Mπάνια (Bah-nyah) → (Plural)
Kουζίνα (Coo-zee-nah) = Kitchen → (Singular) / Κουζίνες (Coo-zee-ness) → (Plural)
Διάδρομος (dee-ah-droh-moss) = Ηallway → (Singular) / Διάδρομοι (Dee-ah-droh-mee) → (Plural)
Τραπεζαρία (Trah-peh-zah-ree-ah) = Dining room
Mπαλκόνι (Bal-koh-nee) = Βalcony → (Singular) / Μπαλκόνια (Bal-koh-nyah) → (Plural)
Aυλή (Av-lee) = Yard → (Singular) / Αυλές (Αv-less) → (Plural)
Κήπος (Keep-oss) = Garden
Yπόγειο (ee-poh-yee-oh) = Basement
Σοφίτα (soh-fee-tah) = attic
Γκαράζ (Gah-razz) = Garage
Βιβλιοθήκη (Vee-vlee-oh-thee-kee) = Library

I think these are the rooms, let me know if I missed anything or if you have any questions.

What would you like to learn next?

• Adjectives
  • Further explanation of 'τόνος"

0 voters

@GreekLessons

1 Like

I love how you’ve added both the singular and plural of the words.

1 Like

Tags added.

And loving the lessons, by the way.

1 Like

Hello, and welcome to another greek lesson. Today we’ll be learning a few adjectives. I will split this in parts since there are limitless adjectives, but im gonna start with some basic ones. (This is gonna be a short one because my schedule is full currently so instead of making you wait, ill just release the first volume.)

LESSON 2: Adjectives Vol. 1

Μικρός (me-cross, male) = small → male / μικρή (me-kree) → female
Μεγάλος (meh-ga-loss) = big → male / μεγάλη (meh-ga-lee) → female
Ψηλός (psee-loss) = tall → male / ψηλή (psee-lee) → female
Κοντός (koh-dos) = short → male / κοντή (koh-dee) → female
όμορφος (o-mor-foss) = handsome / όμορφη (o-mor-fee) = pretty / όμορφο (o-mor-foh) = beautiful
χαριτωμένος (ha-ree-toh-meh-noss) = cute → male χαριτωμένη (ha-ree-toh-meh-nee) → female

*Note: The gender neutral form is the same as male without the ‘s’

@GreekLessons

2 Likes

question:
i don’t know if we’ve see this yet bc i wasn’t in the old thread but
are we gonna be learning declension?

2 Likes

Oh yes, this is quite important because nouns and adjectives have a lot of forms so this is coming soon.

2 Likes