Let’s talk about disabilities!

Hello! Ouija here. This week’s theme is disabilities, so let’s talk. Do you have any disabilities you want to talk about? Share your thoughts. I’m going to be busy from Thursday, so I’m doing my tasks from then in case I can’t do them. :)

4 Likes

I have Hydrocephalus, along with my boyfriend, Hypertonia, myopia, Nystagmus, Terry Syndrome and Asperger’s. What about you guys?

I am autistic, which encompasses a wide range of associated conditions for me :]
Such as:

• Auditory Processing Disorder (apd) - On bad days it’s difficult to understand or process any sounds going on around me, and often when people try talking to me they could be talking in ancient Russian for all I’d understand. Sounds can fizzle out randomly as far as I can tell at times, and I often need people to repeat things over five times :joy: It is also very easy for me to get overwhelmed by overlapping or loud/sudden noises. (I mention this one specifically because it’s a very prevalent one in my life. I often consider learning sign language, cus if I did, it’d probably be MUCH easier to understand stuff)

• Sensory processing disorder (spd) - Spd is quite like apd except it encompasses all my senses to varying degrees, including sight, smell, taste, texture, touch, balance, hearing and introception. I can easily get overwhelmed by too much stimulus in a sense, or find it difficult to function normally do to a hyposensitivity in a sense. For example, my balance is extremely bad, and I will often fall over for no reason at all, and lose my balance randomly. I easily trip or fall while walking, and usually hold onto a wall on bad days. It is very common for me to veer while walking, often walking into people. However, I use balance to stim by swinging on chairs and using swings. It is similar for all my other senses

• Chronic anxiety - This is more due to trying to mask constantly but ye

I rlly like talking ab autism and stuff, mostly bc it’s something ik a v large amount ab :sweat_smile:

@Health - Do any of you guys have anything to contribute?

Me too!

1 Like

yesss
infodump about autism because autism :joy:

1 Like

Yee.

1 Like

My mom told me about a youtuber called Aspieworld.

I really need to watch it. And Cory Singer.