Let Your Story Grow – Organic Writing

Here’s another @RainbowCat blog post. HEHE! This one is all about Organic writing! It was so interesting to read!

6 Likes

Hey @Bloggers and @Writers, do you know about organic writing? No? This blog will explain beautifully what it is. Take a read of this and tell me what you think!

Remember that if you really enjoyed this blog, feel free to recommend it (it’s similar to liking it). This will help with it being higher in the results of search engines too.

5 Likes

Oh this was very interesting! I think I’m an organic writer! This is more or less how I do my short stories. However, I didn’t fully think about it in terms of having the characters lead the plot!
But I’ve always gravitated towards this. I always start with a vague idea and then flesh it out as I go. Sometimes as I’m writing I think of the ending, or have an ending beforehand. I think I’m going to start thinking about/implementing that character aspect of it though! It’s not really something I considered until I saw this!

3 Likes

That’s awesome.
When I read this I was sure that I wasn’t one but definitely want to try it with a story. Though I believe the only way I could be considered one is by the scenes that play out in my head first, but that’s about it.

2 Likes

Like…a plant?

1 Like

ooooh i didn’t know that was the name!
organic writing seems very interesting, i’ve been wanting to try it out for a while now

3 Likes

Yeah, me neither, but I want to try it too.

2 Likes

This seems pretty interesting, honestly… organic writing.

Normally, when I write a story, I have a general idea/plot and then keep writing/developing everything else as I go along. (I feel like this is why I struggle to come up with titles lol.) For Deadly Nightshade, I already knew I wanted to write a story with a ghost haunting someone, and for it to be based on Macbeth. I also knew that I wanted to write a story with an evil protagonist. Literally everything else came after that, from the revenge, to the other villains, and the morally grey aspects of every character. (Including the similarities to Penthouse lmao)

Sometimes I do have ideas for an ending for each character, which is why I tend to have such a small cast (an exception being “Fairest Of Them All”- this story is based on a fairytale with a few twists to it, so it doesn’t count.) This is also so that I can have enough space to properly develop each character, depending on what their role is in the story. The victim seeking revenge? The cruel and heartless villain(s)? The cold company leader (often a chairperson lol)? The greedy traitor? The person who dies or has died, which kickstarts the whole plot? The savior of the protagonist who has a history with the villain? The love interest, if possible? Why are they in these roles? What are they beyond these “roles”? Can they be considered roles? The character aspect you mentioned really has me thinking. So I will make sure to use this article for some tips!

Thanks Shannii!

2 Likes

I’m thinking about writing another blog post on this topic :thinking: I just finished a novel with that method, just organic writing and I think I came up with some good tips and tricks along the way. I already mentioned some tips in that blog posts but now I could really write a whole list of them!

2 Likes

YES, YES, YES!

2 Likes

Hmmm… I’m not sure if you’re just excited or if you’re commanding me to do it faster :joy:

But if people are interested, I’ll ask Shannii if I can write another one! :smile_cat:

1 Like

Hehehe. Excited. I’d be interested to know more about the writing style.

2 Likes

Oh you wrote this- well then, thank you Cat!

2 Likes

Yep, I did :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

It’s a very informative article!

2 Likes

I’m glad you think so! I think it’s my favourite of the ones that I’ve written :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I loved it. ^-^

2 Likes

Re-read this and it’s pretty good still!

I think I do it this way, but everything I do writing-wise is changing. I can see how planning could be beneficial for me as well, but I don’t often do it. Writing is an incredibly long process for me and unless it’s a strange short story it could be years before I come out with a complete novel. There are just a lot of cycles of shame and thinking I’m a terrible writer, not liking what I wrote so changing it, I’ve learned I cannot move on if I know I don’t like how I’ve written something (something big like plot). It’s fun and enjoyable, but if I truly care about something I’m doing I can never rest until it is “perfect”.

2 Likes