Let's discuss Spotify

Okay, since a few days I’ve kinda fallen in love with using spotify. So it felt like a good time to discuss spotify as a platform.

Some questions if you use spotify:

• How long have you been using it?
  • How many songs do you have in your list of liked songs?
  • Do you listen to specific playlists that already exist or rather a playlist you made yourself?
  • How often do you use it?
  • What do you like most about it?
  • What do you think it’s the biggest disadvantage of it?
  • Would you advise spotify to other people, and why?

If you don’t use it I also have some questions:

• What’s holding you back from using spotify?
  • Would you consider getting spotify or is it not something you feel like you miss out on?

My answers if anyone is curious:
I’ve had a spotify account for a long time, but basically didn’t really use it often. Since I now have a new phone I wanted to start using it again, so 4 days ago I made a new account. I have almost 400 liked songs now, and I kinda listen to the liked songs playlist non stop. I don’t really like playing other playlists cause there are always songs you don’t like in there even thoughthe daily playlists are nice to explore music that might be your taste… What I like most is that you just have basically all the songs you could think of while it still feels really personalized and the artist pages are really interesting if you like an artist and easily want to browse some of their other songs. I haven’t really figured any disadvantages about it, but I’m sure I will as soon as my trial premium stops

5 Likes

Probably the fact I have amazon unlimited and if I didn’t have limited I’d have prime which still has quite alot of songs on it, my Mum gets that as part of her prime so she just pays the extra for unlimited but I do put the money in her account if she needs me to. I don’t mind doing that and I’ve never really felt the pull towards spotify. With that said, if I got it free for a year like my friend did then I wouldn’t turn my nose up :joy:.

Umm sometimes I do! Especially when there are things spotify has like the songs you listen to most frequently and those stat things at the end of the year, those look like fun but I can live without them.

2 Likes

Like two years I think? I don’t really keep count ngl

Currently 3,940

I don’t really like the pre made playlists I like my own better :sunglasses:
I know better what I want to hear than they do ngl

Pretty much all the time ngl

It’s rad af and I can listen to music with it

Spotify premium
Like it’s amazing but I hate it that I have to pay I don’t like paying for things that are on my phone I just want to listen to music in peace😂

Pretty much yeah
Go get it lads

2 Likes

Since 2016

Around 20 rn (I used to have over a hundred but I filtered them out :eyes:)

I make my own playlists because no one gets to tell me what to listen to

Pretty much everyday, whenever I feel like listening to music

Free music :sunglasses:

Ads :upside_down_face: like i get they need the money but still

Yes! I don’t I’ve come across a better music streaming service

About 1 month. It only became available here in July…

Depends! I do like my playlists but sometimes I like to look for new stuff

All the time! I always listen to something

I don’t know, everything? It has everything I need

That I can’t download music if I don’t have Spotify premium

Yes, it’s amazing

I listen to music on Youtube anyway

I don’t think I need it at the moment

I use Apple Music instead. My family has a shared subscription.

It’s been about 5 months since I installed it.

12 or 13 maybe…

I don’t like playlists created by others, cause sometimes they include songs that aren’t good/I don’t like, so I stick to my playlists.

Everyday :star_struck:

Um… I can listen to songs??

There are particular songs that I like, but they aren’t there on Spotify

Yep, because it’s rad :sunglasses:

I tried using it once and just didn’t really like it. I prefer just using YouTube.

No I don’t really want Spotify. I don’t really feel like I’m missing out that much.

Spotify rad

#spotify added :innocent:

Love Spoty :blue_heart:

I have Spotify, but the free version. It sucks because it doesn’t let you just listen to the song you want to at the moment (unless you have Spotify Premium), and you can only skip six songs per hour (I think?), which is annoying if you’re trying to find a particular song on your playlist, or if you’re playing a game with a group of people where you only want to play a few minutes of the song. Also, I can’t usually find clean versions of songs that I like which have swear words in them.

That’s why I listen to YouTube more often when I want something specific, and Spotify for long car rides.

Ooh I recently got spotify and it’s pretty rad.
Most of the song listen to are on there.
I also looked for Caribbean songs and I was surprised to see them there ouii.
It’s a good app.

When it comes to Spotify, here I would like to share a tip with you. For Spotify, it won’t let users to listen to listen to its music on other devices offline as you want. Thus, here you can use the tool DRmare Spotify Music Converter for Windows 10 to help you. With it, you can easily download music from Spotify for offline listening without any limit.

Very long time.

Dunno.

My own playlists.

Couldn’t estimate.

Well nothing when you have premium.

Nahh, I let people decide for themselves.

Spotify is great. Premium duo is great too, I love the stuff you can add onto it. It suits my needs when I wanna skip 100 songs to get the perfect one, if I even care enough to try lol. Oh, and no ads! Even better.

Speaking of, what do you think about Spotify subscriptions? Do you think it’s worth the cost?

1 Like

I think they’re rad, but the ads-
Oh gawd-

Hm… I don’t know.
7 rupees a day, so it’ll be 210 rupees a month… which is 2.81 dollars.
Ahhhhh I don’t know. But it’s a scam to pay 200 to just remove ads.

For premium a month is $10 where I’m at to listen to whatever song you want at the time with no ads and as many skips as you want. For premium duo it’s 12.99 a month for your s/o (or any other person you wanna pay for to be honest) to also have those options. I don’t know about family plans but for what it’s costing over here I’d say it’s worth it. Music is a lot for me so having the options is important. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

745 rupees-
What a scam smh

Well I don’t know how your money is valued over there.

For us, 10 is not much. I mean for the work Spotify does and all the stuff they gotta pay for just to play the music, keep it up, etc, I can see why it’s the minimum of 10.

Also there is an easy way around the whole not being able to choose what song you listen to on mobile if you go to a web browser on a computer or laptop, maybe even a console that can support it. Though you still have adds lol. Still, a slight upgrade similar to the premium you would have to pay for.

Dunno though, I’ve taken the whole process into consideration and that’s what I think.

1 Like