Let's Play Thread Choice Based Games!

Alright, so I’m setting up this for a let’s play thread. This thread is going to be debuting after I made my latest app review. Now, I can go over multiple different types of choice games on this thread. I will put the polls below so that you can decide which type of choice base games we should go over. I hope you enjoy this let’s play thread! I will post once to twice a week depending on the number of games when we actually start the whole process.

Which type of choice base game should we go with first?
  • Novel Choice-Based Games (Choice of Games, Delights Library, Standalone Apps etc)
  • Interactive Story-Based Games (Choices, Chapters, Spellcraft, etc)
  • Chat-Based Stories (Text Message Style Games)

0 voters

How many games should we go over?
  • 1 Game
  • 2 Games

0 voters

If Novel-Based games, Which ones should we go with?
  • Choice of Games
  • Delight Libraries
  • Hosted Games
  • Standalone Games

0 voters

If Interactive Stories, Which games should we go with?
  • Chapters: Interactive Stories
  • Choices: Stories You Play
  • Hearts Choice
  • Stories: Your Choice Matters
  • Moments: Choose your Story
  • Novels: Choose Your Story

0 voters

If Text based Games, Which games should we go with?
  • Texting Love Story: ChatLinx
  • KIMs Lifeline: Creepy texts travel text adventure
  • Seen
  • Left On Read - Texting Game
  • Sender Unknown: The Woods - Text Adventure
  • DEAD CITY - Choose Your Story
  • Scary Chat Stories - Addicted
  • The Sign - Interactive Ghost Horror

0 voters

Okay, this is a question poll on whether to add this choice to the list. I know I said no Episode stories but answer the poll to decide the choice. No Otome games will be picked.

Should we leave Episode out or Add it in for next time?
  • Yes, let’s add this to the mix for the next game choice.
  • No, I agree with leaving Episode stories out of the games on this thread.

0 voters

This is the only time during the picking process that I will use these tags. if you are interested in participating then please vote! After this, I will be tagging only the users who vote on the polls-plus the original poll.

@Gamers
@Bookworms

@CrazyCaliope @Some_Kid @taking0ver @elixr @Littlefeets @MichiTheThird

4 Likes

Poll Time

Alright, these are the polls to pick the first story to read. I have taken screenshots of the summaries for every book list except the vip stories which is only like two that is excluded. You get until Monday morning around 10am-11am CST when I get up to vote on the polls. It is almost midnight for me tonight. That gives you all over 24 hrs to vote.

Book Summaries

Sorry for the mess! There should be two pages of each except for Horror.

Categories

Which category should we go with?
  • Exciting Adventures
  • Romantic Comedy
  • Romantic Drama
  • Horror
  • Sci Fi and Fantasy
  • Suspenseful Mysteries
  • Young Adult
  • Steamy Stories
  • Vacation of a Lifetime
  • Trying the Knot
  • Heartwarming Holidays

0 voters

I’ll add the polls for the exact stories tomorrow.

@CrazyCaliope @Littlefeets @unsungcheerio @Some_Kid @taking0ver @MichiTheThird @elixr @Skyler2 @Ouijaloveletters

2 Likes

Uh… I saw two in your list of individual ones that said 17+ in the description. Well, I’m not too sure they’re really okay for the public (13+) part of the forums.

1 Like

Yeah, I forgot to leave those out last night. I’ll keep them out of the polls when I make the individual stories polls.

1 Like

I still need some of you to vote. I will give you until 7pm tonight to do so. It is 11:43am cst time for me right at this moment. That gives you a little over 7 hours.

@unsungcheerio @taking0ver @Littlefeets @Some_Kid @elixr @Ouijaloveletters

Poll TIme

We are on to the next part of the polls section for deciding which game to go with. Answer the poll below so that we can move forward to the actual story. Like I have said before, I will make one big post for the actual choice poll then two reminder posts so that you vote during that week. It’s okay if you miss a poll but try to keep up with the storyline though! I will have a few more questions in the form of polls below as well. Please vote on them because they will determine what type of setup I will need to go by for the Let’s Play.

App: Choices: Stories You Play
Genre: Sci-fi and Fantasy
Amount of Stories: One Per-App & One App Per Let’s Play Game

Category Book List

Blades of Light & Shadow Summary

The Elementalists Summary

The Royal Masquerade Summary

The Crown & The Flame Summary

Perfect Match Summary

Endless Summer Summary

Across the Void Summary

It Lives In The Woods Summary

Which story should we go with?
  • Blades of Light & Shadow
  • The Elementalists
  • The Royal Masquerade
  • The Crown &The Flame
  • Perfect Match
  • Endless Summer
  • Across the Void
  • It Lives In The Woods

0 voters

Please NOTE this means we will be discussing what goes on in the videos so that we can make the Let’s Play more interactive! This means I need you to abide by one of the three choices below depending on which one is chosen. You are not obligated to answer each entire video post but I do hope at least 3 users cooperate with this guideline! Thank you!

How should we go by the discussion system of the game?
  • Pick from already made comments that goes over what happened in the video?
  • Let you comment on your own but put down questions for you to answer?
  • Let you freely talk about the video on your own accord with no questions?

0 voters

Should I make a secondary thread for the discussion part?
  • Yes, I think it will cause less clutter on this thread.
  • No, I think we should keep everything on this thread.

0 voters

@CrazyCaliope @Some_Kid @taking0ver @elixr @Littlefeets @MichiTheThird @unsungcheerio @Ouijaloveletters @Skyler2

1 Like

@Ouijaloveletters Can you vote on the other two polls, please?

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t see those.

1 Like

No worries! I figured that was the case since we were talking on another thread at the time.

1 Like

Just tagging some new faces and old faces as well! If you could vote on the post that is connected above that would be great! If you don’t feel like joining then don’t worry about it! Thank you!

@LoneWolf @katabasis @katabasis @Konix @bpalmer @Cadborosa @Blegar @Nave @Ecklerty @cyrusvaster @IsraelChristen @Ari101 @Raven.epy @Mia.episode.writes @Anna_Marie @Unknown_writer @schittwriter

3 Likes

Poll Time

We had a tie between two books! I need you to vote on which one you want to read the most. I will be posting between Tuesday to Thursday since those days are during the time I’m usually off from work. I will then remind you twice about the polls for those who have not voted during the week between the main poll post. I will be creating a poll with already made responses on top of letting you all discuss freely what you think about the book in the comments below. The discussion part is important since it will help with activity plus I like seeing everyone’s opinion on a topic that is discussed rather than just voting.

Book Summaries
The Crown & The Flame

The Elementalists

Which book should we go with?
  • The Crown & The Flame
  • The Elementalists

0 voters

If you do not want to be tagged please reply below otherwise I will not know.

@CrazyCaliope @Some_Kid @taking0ver @elixr @MichiTheThird @unsungcheerio @Ouijaloveletters @Skyler2 @Littlefeets @liyahsdiamond

4 Likes

@unsungcheerio you still have a chance to vote today.

Poll Time

Okay, we have now started with the actual book. This is a quick poll choice since I didn’t realize you could choose this. Oh, since this is a short story choice it doesn’t count towards the once-a-week post. I will make that post once I get past this part tomorrow.

Who should we play as in the story?
  • Kenna, the exiled queen.
  • Dom, the man with mysterious powers.

0 voters

What do I think so far?
I really don’t have much to go on when it comes to making the discussion poll at the moment but you can freely talk about what you expect to happen. Just by going over the screenshot summary of the story I see something about dragons. I can’t wait until we get to that part! I do like the fact it gives you the option to play either the queen or the man with mysterious powers. I’m not a big fan of the cinematic style but that is the style for the app Choices. I’m a sucker for fantasy stories, to be honest.

What do you think about the story so far?

@CrazyCaliope @Ouijaloveletters @Some_Kid @taking0ver @elixr @MichiTheThird @unsungcheerio @Skyler2 @Littlefeets @liyahsdiamond

4 Likes

Just saying this as someone who has read this already (and loves it) you do get plenty of time as both Kenna and Dom throughout. And both are really good characters

4 Likes

Okay cool! I was wondering about that since I didn’t remember much from checking the story out last year. I was trying to look for something similar to Episode at the time. I’m excited to read more of it!

2 Likes

I’m having fun so far. :smile:

2 Likes

This story really is a good one. I planned on rereading it at some point actually.
And the app is really good overall. Well done stories, and some truly lovable characters. (Especially in the ones such as this one where it has multiple books) A lot of gem choices are actually worthwhile too, unlike Episode…

4 Likes

Yes!! I love this one as well as Blades of Light and Shadow & The Elementalists!

1 Like

That’s great! I’m glad you are having fun!

Good to know! Well I guess this counts to rereading the story now!

Yeah, I can see that. Maybe reading this story will change my mind on it’s setup.

Those two really did sound interesting!

1 Like