Let's talk about football "culture"

Yeah I said it. There is sort of this culture around football and the entire association, whether that comes down to the beliefs of the players themselves or the people who indulge in watching or coaching, etc.

For what I’ve seen in highschool football “culture” is the boys and how they deal with women, now I don’t know if it’s still like this in real life today, but I know for a fact it’s been so nasty the way they speak about women in the movies and TV shows. The “training” the girls they have intercourse with. Or just their general view on women is just a great amount of disrespectful. The amount of importance they make football and the way coaches sometimes act when they find out one of their “hotshot” players have been accused and they are quickly defensive over their place in the team, not actually addressing the issue that they were involved in something illegal. I genuinely think football has it’s own sort of “culture” if you will that’s sort of sick, at least it started out that way.

What are some aspects of football or things they do you only see people who indulge in that sport do? What are some beliefs they have that just feel wrong? What are some things that are different and shouldn’t be when it comes to men’s football and women’s?

@Discussions ?

Pfft. Who gives a crap.

I think there’s some things wrong with the way they think. And should be addressed.

1 Like

I’m so sorry, that was so rude. I just think football is stupid, and I have a headache right now and am tired.

There are definitely some issues in this subculture

@Discussions wanna come discuss? :eyes:

Just to clarify, we’re talking about rugby or soccer? Because football is a different sport depending on our terms or the American terms.

1 Like

Rugby where I’m from is different from American Football

though tbh the cultures are largely the same in many areas

2 Likes

stares Sports are weird.

1 Like

fair. here football is soccer and I recently watched like 15 min of it, and all it was, was riots, people throwing firework at each other and the match being canceled.

as for rugby, can’t say much, I’ve done it once during gym and it was the only sport where the girls were more active than the guys, because we were allowed to tackle. :joy:

but I have never even seen a match of it.

1 Like

Nah, football is the English/European term and Soccer is its American equivalent. Rugby is a British game (that NZ dominates in. HAHA) and though American Football is a similar, it is a complete different game.

1 Like

can’t we just have universal terms for sports :rofl:
like golf, volleyball or swimming (though some call it gracefully drowning).

1 Like

I know, right? That’d make much more sense. Blame America for this. Hahaha

Closed due to inactivity