Lets talk about life in the 1940s!

So, the 1940s was a very interesting period! The beginning of that decade was during WWII. At this point, people were divided on how they felt about the war going on. During the first 5 years of the decade, we started making items that were more about function than design at this point. Also, there were shortages of food, clothes, and many other items that normal citizens needed to get through the harsh war times. A lot of clothing changed into more simple but quaint designs for both men and women in America. After the war ended it seemed that the overhaul of making products for war started to lead to more interesting designs when it came to vehicles, boats and so much more. The same happened with clothing because tailors and clothing factories had a better understanding of what they could make without going overboard with extra pieces of cloth. They knew how to use every part of the fabric they had on hand. These are some of the interesting changes that happened during the 40s in America.

Here are some of the best movies from the 1940s! I do love Casablanca because the storyline is much different than some movies during that period. It centered around a forlorn romance that grips you throughout the show. Are there any movies that you think are the best from the 1940s?

What do you think of the 40s? Did your country go through a big change after the war? How did that change affect your country?

@Discussions

1940s was mainly just war and rebuilding the country here. The end of the war led to a baby boom tho :thinking:

2 Likes

A little bit of a moody period, but the Golden Age of Animation was still going on

1 Like

Yep, it was kind of the same for America until a couple of years after the war.

Very true, it was a stressful time for sure. I have to admit a lot of good movies came from this decade.

1 Like

In all honesty I can only imagine it was a pretty depressing time to be alive

1 Like

Same.