Let's talk about phones!

Someone already said that- :star_struck:

2 Likes

pouts

2 Likes

Yis

I think 12?

Calls, texts, social media, boredom

No I decline them super fast to show a message that I don’t want them calling me

Text. I find it dreadful to keep a phone call. I prefer in person if it’s going to be verbal, but text message if it’s going to me over a phone

Unless it’s emergencies of course

2 Likes
  • Yes, I have a samsung A20 as I genuinely do not trust apple products. I know this sounds like everyone who’s jealous of people that have apple products, though this is not the case. I’m not sure what it is about them that makes me not trust them. Maybe it’s the fact that they overcharge you for something that tends to only last for a year (this is based off of all of my friends who have apple phones and how they are constantly getting new ones because the screen breaks or the battery goes to sh*t), or a lot of the apple apps. Either way, I highly dislike apple products.
  • I think I was 8 or so. It was my mom’s old flip phone. I didn’t get my first useful phone until I was around 10.
  • YouTube and Spotify. Music is how I get through the day. There was a year where I listened to music everyday in class and successfully avoided talking to all of my classmates while still getting above average grades.
  • Of. Course! It is so much FUN! I once answered my phone to a number I didn’t recognize and a man said “Alice” and I just paused because I didn’t want to tell him my name was Skyler because he was a still a random stranger. So I paused and responded with “no.” While I was trying to think of something to say next he replied “Understood. Thought I’d try” and hung up. Now, I don’t know about you, but I have come up with many theories about what was going on in that relationship.
  • Calling, I guess. Only because I say a lot of things sarcastically or as a joke and it’s hard to convey that over text.
2 Likes

Yeah, I have a phone. I was 16 when I first got a phone. I use it mostly for everything, be it for calling, texting, video meetings, surfing Internet, listening music, making schedules, alarms, calculator, clicking pictures etc. Without it, I am completely lost :joy:

I do pick up calls from unknown numbers sometimes (when I am in the mood or have time to kill lol) otherwise I just stare at the phone until it stops ringing :eyes:

I prefer texting. Where I live, the connection gets dizzy in between calls. So I have to go outside at the balcony to get better connection and shout “HELLO?! HELLO?!” which scares the pigeons and senior citizens living nearby half to death. Texting also has its own cons, though. You never know when the person is going to see your text and you have to wait hours for them to look at it :triumph:

1 Like

Yes.

Twelve-Thirteen.

Dunno.

No.

Texting.

Oui!

Oh like

Literally everything :smiley:

Absolutely not :triumph:

Texting :smiley:

@Discussions

What’s a phone?
Almost 13
Forums when out and bored?
Not generally
Calling

• Do you have a phone?
    Yep
  • How old were you when you first got a phone?
    Depends… I shared one with my siblings since I was around 13-14 and I got my own phone either when I was 16 or 17.
  • What do you primarily use your phone for?
    Texting, checking stuff for school, my alarm clock, music
  • Do you pick up calls from numbers you don’t recognize?
    Not usually
  • Do you prefer calling or texting people?
    Texting. I don’t mind calling people I’m close with tho.

Yes

12 or 13, idk.

Music :woozy_face:

No, they go straight to voicemail cos I have my stuff to DND

Neither

Yep!

Pretty sure I was 10. A bright pink Sony phone too. :see_no_evil:

Research, texting, music.

Sometimes. :woman_shrugging:

Although sometimes I just ignore calls in general-

Texting definitely. I try avoid calls, and let’s not even mention Facetimes-

I only pick up the phone if its my mom (usually) or my bf. Other than that. Text

1 Like

Same.

Closed due to inactivity