Lockdown Hair Tips and Discussion

Hey there! With the lockdown, people aren’t able to go the hairdresser, which is leading some people to take matters into their own hands. Some are being responsible and only giving themselves small hair cuts. Others are being more drastic about their choices, choosing to cut themselves bangs, shave their heads, or dye their hair. Which is all cool, just make sure you know what you’re doing before you do it. That being said, does anyone have any hair tips for the lockdown?

7 Likes

I dont have any tips but atm my hair is a messssss. My roots are all messed up and i was supposed to have an appointment with a hairdresser on the 9th to dye my hair brown but now i cant and my hair looks stupid.
Also my older half brother got bored and brought hair dye and it went wrong (obviously) and now the top of his hair is yellow and my family makes fun of him for it its so funny.

4 Likes

I had one friend dye his hair, but it’s a normal occurance for him and he always does natural colours. Another one of my friends cut herself bangs in a TikTok, and another threatened to shave her head, but ultimately decided against it.

1 Like

I colored mine purple but that is not the first time I have colored my hair an unnatural color. My brother colored his purple as well but he is going to school for hair cosmetology so we did have a bit of an upper hand when we did it.

1 Like

I’m just leaving my hair alone and hoping that it won’t fall off :eyes::eyes::green_heart::joy:

2 Likes

I just braided my hair. I don’t wanna take any drastic measures and end up messing up my hair

So my hair somehow got shinier during the lockdown?? I guess washing it twice a week is healthier than washing it almost every day :eyes::eyes::green_heart:

Sooo… currently I been… Wait, actually, not so current since it has been happening for months and months now. Anyway, I’ve been finger-combing my hair, which is probably not good when I have REALLY long hair. Anyone have any tips to help motivate me to not be so lazy with my hair?!

1 Like

BRUSH YO HAIR

1 Like

Dye it

Lol that worked for me

1 Like

Don’t dye your hair at home people. I’ve laughed at too many videos of people doing that. They ended up having no hair. mWaHHH. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Omg :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

…that takes special effort

2 Likes

WHY? My hair gets brushed.

I usually do. Except, not since last year, 'cause after the last time it has had a really nice natural fade as it washed out. My hair is strawberry-blonde with a tint of ginger.

HAHA! I don’t see how people can f**k up so bad, it’s so easy to do at home.

4 Likes

My dye is wearing off and my Mum won’t let my box dye it because she said it would make my hairdressers life harder because my hairdresser said that some box dyes contain carpet dye which can react with the dye my hairdresser uses.

But if I start dying it myself wouldn’t that mean my hairdresser wouldn’t have to which saves us money :thinking:

1 Like

Shave your head. Simple.

For those with type 2b or 2c hair (or anyone else that’s just what I have):
Air dry your hair. Be sure to scrunch your hair. Don’t use too much product because then your hair which was once light and fluffy will now be a rock on your head. Be sure to try and train your hair to go out of your face. This prevents acne or at least helps. Usually the people who break out the most are the people who have greasy hair on their forehead.

Try tying it up so you can’t do that and only put it down when you plan to properly comb or brush it :eyes::sparkles::green_heart:

I usually don’t fingercomb my hair because it is usually more painful for me than combing it with a comb :eyes::sparkles:

1 Like

But tying it up is even more effort, 'cause I like brushing it when I put it up.

Ouchie. That sucks!

1 Like

But at least you’ll have more motivation to brush it :eyes::sparkles:

At least it keeps me from doing it :eyes::sparkles::green_heart::joy:

1 Like