LOOKING FOR ADMINS to Friends&Talks community (operates here)

Hello :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I’m in a search of volunteer admins for a new community profile that would operate both here and on Wattpad. It is based on helping others, sharing positivity, and being friends with those who need them.

WHY

This community page would revolve around supporting people who feel they have no one else than themselves to rely on.

To be honest, most of us go through that at some point in their lives, but the journey is rarely easy. So I began to wonder if there was be something I could do for those who think they are absolutely alone.

Reality check :white_check_mark:: Our job wouldn’t be to save others because that is impossible; everyone has their own battles to fight and to solve, but the community could work in the background, assure its members they aren’t the only ones to go through tough times.

WHAT

I have named the community as Friends&Talks :hugs: I will do it its own account here as well as an account to Wattpad, but they will work together, it won’t be two separate communities but one big one (I keep dreaming) that operates in both sites (so you should have both to be a member or an admin).

This community won’t be just one of the many, that only discuss and has chats. For example, the community admins create small personal assignments (nothing to do with reading other’s books or turning in feedback to the admins) for the members (no one is required to do anything) to bring more positivity into their days. The admins would be interactive with the members, remind them they are appreciated in the community, and be there for them as friends.

Another reality check :white_check_mark:: We can’t be anyone’s therapists here and that is not this community’s goal, for many reasons. If anyone wants professional help we can steer them towards professionals.

ADMINS

Admins stand in a very important role in creating this community.

The first thing is: :exclamation:the applicant must be 18 :exclamation: to become an admin because they are granted a lot of responsibilities, which I think need mature decision making at the process. (this is not an insult to anyone under the age of 18. Everyone’s allowed to join the community, but this a decision I made based on my own life experiences.)

An admin’s job revolves around helping me manage the community, plan the community and do the tasks that come with it: some of there were mentioned in the earlier sections, but I am still planning it all out.

Some might question why should they participate and honestly, there’s nothing I can offer except a good feeling for helping those who need it. I’m doing this simply because I want to do more for others, and I hope to find that kind of admins by my side.

APPLY

Since this would be a community based on supporting others, I take choosing the admins very seriously. Therefore I will interview applicants (if there are any).

The interviews will be private and once I have interviewed everyone, I will pick my admins.

I will send the applicants a few questions through this channel/email/Discord/Wattpad DM (whichever pleases you the most) and you can answer the questions at your own pace. The answers to the questions will remain confidential, but not to sound too sketchy: I’m not asking your names or home addresses etc.

If you skimmed through that terrible ramble and are still thinking that wow, this super cool person wants to hire me for a super cool job, WITHOUT SALARY :rofl:, you’re right. Feel free to voice any questions that might arise or just comment if you’re interested.

And for those who think this isn’t your cup of tea, if you have a friend who would think otherwise, please let them know about this.

Have a good day :heart:

5 Likes

Added #wattpad tag

Salary is overrated

1 Like

Thanks! And oh yeah definitely

1 Like

Good luck with that it seems really nice!

1 Like

Thank you, again :slight_smile:!

I do hope other than I will want to be part of this, otherwise it might get a little tricky! :rofl:

1 Like

Closed on op request :dizzy: