Making a Witchy potion

Have you ever wanted to make a potion? I know I have, but I’ve never tired!
That was always the most interesting part to me whenever I would watch some magic-related films or tv shows.

So, I found some cool potions here that I wanted to share:

Simple Love Potion

This will not force someone to love you, but it will ease the way to their expressing it if love is there. This is based on an old, well known recipe.

Ingredients:

• 1 cup of milk
  • 3 drops of vanilla extract
  • 1 drop of rose or orange flavoring
  • 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
  • 2 teaspoons honey

Instructions:

1. Put your milk and honey in the cauldron, pot, or warmer.
  2. Give your intent to the coriander. It helps to hold it in your hand for a moment and speak to it.
  3. Add the vanilla and flavoring with intent.
  4. Stir and heat until hot, but not boiling.
  5. Serve this to your lover. It’s very nice to serve this in a drinking bowl or wide cup with a few fresh rose petals floating in it.
Cooling Potion

Sometimes in the summer or when they have a fever, people have a loss of appetite and upset stomach, or general discomfort from being too hot. This helps to cool them off and make their insides feel more comfortable. Be aware that it can make loose bowels worse, so don’t give it to someone who already has a problem with that. This is based on some well used Indian recipes. Start this the day before you want to serve it.

Ingredients:

• 1 teaspoon edible almond gum (badam pisin) powder
  • 2 cups of water
  • a few leaves of fresh mint
  • a half a lemon, sliced
  • honey or stevia herb to taste
  • an additional 2 cups of water, or well crushed ice

Instructions:

1. Mix the almond gum powder with 2 cups of water in a container, cover it and let it set for 24 hours.
  2. Put the lemon and mint in a large jar.
  3. Pour over enough boiling water to cover the lemon.
  4. Add enough honey or stevia to make it sweet enough.
  5. Let it cool.
  6. Strain the liquid into a tall glass.
  7. Get your almond gum and strain out the excess liquid.
  8. Add this to the lemonade, and stir.
  9. Refrigerate or add some crushed ice, and then serve it with your love.
Healing potion

This is a general healing potion that basically boosts the immune system and helps the body to heal or recover from illness faster. This is very old fashioned, but very effective.

Ingredients:

• a liter of vinegar
  • 1 entire head of garlic with the root end sliced off
  • a handful of dried helichrysum arenarum
  • a handful of non toxic pine needles

Instructions:

1. Put the herbs in a jar.
  2. Bring the vinegar to a rolling boil then turn it off and let it cool until it is warm but not cold-cold.
  3. Pour the vinegar over the herbs and cover it loosely while it cools completely.
  4. Tighten the cap and let it set in a cool, dark place for at least 6 weeks.

What do you think about them? Would you be willing to and try and make some potions? :sparkles:
If you know some more potions feel free to share them here! :sparkles:

5 Likes

Ew no

2 Likes

We drink that?!

3 Likes

Tbh I really wouldn’t reccomend doing these if you aren’t a witch or something. Witches do a lot of research before venturing into spells, reason for that being is that you have to know how to get rid of bad stuff if something goes wrong which can kinda easily happen. I’m not one tho, I just have known people that have been that have told me this.

3 Likes

This is so cool! Would definitely try if I had the time or materials :pleading_face:

2 Likes

I think pine needles are harmless. Pretty sure, at least. I’ve probably eaten a few, honestly. There’s pine trees all around me. They get in your food if you eat outside.

I would probably try some of these. The ingredients don’t seem that hard to find, though I have no idea what coriander powder is. I have no use for a love potion (blurg) but a healing potion on the other hand? Or I could use it as a way to find out who does and doesn’t have a crush on me so I can avoid them.

But… witchy spells :pleading_face:
Nah, you’re probably right. I can barely bake a cake. I don’t think I could make a very dangerous potion.

4 Likes

Yeah, but it would feel weird…I could probably taste them.

3 Likes

They just taste… piney. (wow, am I descriptive)
You don’t actually notice that much. They don’t taste terrible either.

4 Likes

I see.

2 Likes

Damn, I never knew that Witchy potions would work. :eyes: The cooling potion is perfect for the hot climate here!

@Foodies Is there any other potions that you know?

3 Likes

Not to my knowing, no
I never tried nor made any :thinking:

3 Likes

Hehe. Love this thread. Super cute.

There’s nothing wrong with coriander. particularly powder, which doesn’t have as strong a taste as a fresh coriander.

1 Like

Can’t relate
I hate that thing with every fibre of my being

1 Like

That’s a lot of hate.

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity!