Making the Forums More Welcoming to LGBTQ+ People?

… Because you don’t hate children :eyes:

This makes logical sense

1 Like

I go by she/her pronouns because that’s what I was taught, but it’s just noise to me really

2 Likes

It’s true, I don’t actually really know why I go by he/him. I play women in games and it doesn’t bother me when people say she/her when I know it seriously bothers other people :thinking:

But that’s different, too. Gender just isn’t real

4 Likes

How exactly would you abolish gender? :eyes::sparkles:

3 Likes

… By no longer having gender :thinking:

3 Likes

How? Would we just throw gender in the trash? :eyes::sparkles:

5 Likes

I mean yeah, why not

3 Likes

Okay, can we replace it with ducks? :eyes::sparkles::green_heart::duck:

6 Likes

Yes

3 Likes

I’m in :eyes::sparkles::+1::green_heart::duck:
We’re all ducks now :smile_cat::green_heart::duck::eyes::sparkles:

4 Likes

Will we all wear a uniform? Or just pants?

2 Likes

You are a duck now, wear whatever you want :eyes::sparkles::green_heart::duck:

5 Likes

So how I’ve understood it, gender is just a social construct so I guess we have to change how we think, our norms and habits. Whereas sex is biological.

I still get confused about gender and sex :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

This thread is so gay. :expressionless:

Just kidding! :hugs: :crazy_face: Honestly I think you’re doing a great job making these forums inclusive! Maybe there should be an option for listing your sexuality in your profile, though, so that people won’t really need to ask as much.

I’ve noticed that, in general, people on these forums are very inclusive. The RP community, especially, is very welcoming and actually quite lovely. My heart feels a little bit warmer every time I log on, and a large part of that is the ability to be myself.

If you don’t like my ideas, That’s fine. I just wanted to tell you…

:sparkles: :sparkles:You’re doing a great job!!! :sparkles: :sparkles:

9 Likes

Ok I’ll be naked.

4 Likes

Well without gender, clothes wouldn’t be gendered so wear anything you like :eyes:

It can be confusing, but you have it right. Gender is an enforced societal norm that doesn’t actually have any factual or scientific basis. Whereas sex is a bimodal spectrum between male and female dependant on certain sexual ‘characteristics’. It makes a lot of sense when you read into it a litte!

9 Likes

Wonderfully gay :eyes::sparkles:

This is wonderful to hear <3

6 Likes

Yay! :partying_face::yellow_heart::chocolate_bar:

5 Likes

You can currently wear whatever you like too though :eyes:

don’t listen to people who say differently

5 Likes

Please tell my family that :joy:

I don’t need to wear makeup and look cute everyday, some days I wanna wear a hoodie and jeans with an Afro and some cute boots :expressionless::yellow_heart::chocolate_bar:

6 Likes