Making the Forums More Welcoming to LGBTQ+ People?

As some of you might know, I’ve recently come to the realisation that I am agender/gender non-conforming. I just don’t really get gender and it doesn’t sit well with me as a concept. I just feel like Shannii. Plus, I’m pansexual, so this topic is very close to my heart.

But writing a blog post about this and how it affected my own views of the LGBTQ+ community got me thinking… I want to make sure that I make the necessary steps to make the ShanniiWrites Forums an inclusive place that welcomes everyone from the LGBTQ+ community!

I am really happy that I added the pronouns, but I was wondering if there’s anything else I can do?

17 Likes

I thought you said that you’re bisexual :face_with_raised_eyebrow:(?)

5 Likes

Yeah because people understand bi more than pan :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

But as far as I know, there is a difference between bisexual and pansexual

3 Likes

Yeah! But the difference involves people needing an understanding of gender, so I avoid it at all costs so I don’t have to get into the “I identify as an attack helicopter” stupidity

5 Likes

I’ve added an LGBTQ tag

3 Likes

I could always do a thread on representing religious queer people? I’d love to help!

4 Likes

We could do something for pride

Like a pride party that lasts forever

4 Likes

I would love that!

3 Likes

I think having a like small pride party for whenever it’s their week… Like I’ve never had asexual pride party :spades: And we could have different sorts like Bisexual pride, pansexual pride… I also was wondering why we didn’t have the lgtbqia flags, something I’m used to from…the other place

9 Likes

That’s an awesome idea! :smiley: Do we know when they are gonna happen? :smiley:

3 Likes

We could add some LGBTQ+ emojis!

Here are examples from a discord server I’m in. We could do something different but similar :star2:

emojis
emoji1
emoji2
emoji4
eomji3

11 Likes

Ooh! I’ll see if there’s a way to add custom emojis!

5 Likes

Yay! :dizzy:

1 Like

We could abolish gender

3 Likes

But what about the people who like gender? :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

No, the conservatives won’t like that.

2 Likes

People who like gender hate children

2 Likes

That can be my 3AM thought