Medication: Is Anyone Taking Any?

Don’t feel like you need to expose yourself here! If you wanna share your medication, though, then feel free to below!

You may want to answer the following questions, but don’t feel obligated to!

1. What kind of medication are you taking?
  2. What is it for?
  3. Does it have any weird side effects?
  4. Do you have to take it often? Or is it a situational thing?
  5. Is there anything you have to consider when taking your medication, like not being able to drive or taking it late in the day because it’s drowsy?
  6. Do you find that taking medication is a hassle to you? Or is it fine?
  7. Have you built a routine around taking your medication?
  8. Are you prone to forgetting?

Feel free to share as much or as little as you are comfortable with! I take lots of meds at the moment, so we can share together XD

@Discussions

4 Likes

Personally: I am taking lots of medication, all for different purposes:

• Citalopram – my antidepressant.

• Ventolin – only very rarely when my asthma flares up.

• I don’t know the name of my drowsy allergy medication, but I take it because I struggle to sleep and the doctor would rather prescribe me a non-addictive drowsy antihistamine rather than an addictive and potentially dangerous sleeping pill.

• Cerelle – not at the moment, but this is my contraceptive pill. I’m not on it right now, but I do use it when I’m active with my boyfriend. I’m not right now and I don’t know when I will be given the distance and COVID restrictions.

Most of my pills need to be taken once per day so I take them all together. I don’t use Ventolin often, but it’s important to have it around just in case of an asthma attack. As you all know, I’m experiencing severe mental health problems at the moment, which is why I’m taking the drowsy medication and the antidepressant. Hopefully it’s only temporary because I suck at remembering to take it :joy:

1 Like

I take… a total of zero medication. Unless you count Lutein which is not prescribed or necessary, it’s for my eyes.

Added tags.

Nah I don’t take medication except for Panadol multi-symptom if I’m getting a headache or I’ll just sleep it off.

I used to take medications back when I had absent seizures, but now, other than like daily vitamins and maybe the occasional cold medicine nah

I take Levothyroxine due to my thyroid homo level is ether too high or too low. Age 19 I was diagnose with thyroid disease.

Just last week I had a check up and have a needle in my arm so the doctor can check my blood but I used to needle in arm.

1 Like

Not on a regular basis. Whenever I have a migraine, I take these over-the-counter pills called Bio-Electro, and that usually works well. The only other times I take prescription medicine is when I’m sick, like back in February when I had the intestinal infection and had to take antibiotics.
But I don’t have any chronic illnesses other than migraines. I just started taking Vitamin D because although I am not diagnosed with clinical depression, sometimes I do feel depressed. A therapist told me that it’s most likely circumstancial.

Eh I don’t really care about giving this info out.

Verapamil - calcium blocker for my heart

Fluoxetine - my anti-depressant

Amitriptyline - the prescribed sleep aid that I take nightly but I also take two Benedryl and one 10 mg of melatonin to sleep daily too.

Intuitive - new non-stimulate add med that I am taking to help with focusing on everyday stuff

Tizanidine - muscle relaxer for when my shoulders and back start messing with me from working too hard. I have a mild case of scoliosis so the lower half of my spine is curved enough to bother me if I grab stuff in the wrong way.

The heart med really doesn’t have many side effects that affect me. The only big one is probably constipation but that doesn’t usually happen.

The antidepressant makes me very tired so I have to take it at night instead. Sometimes I might get a dry mouth but it’s not often enough to bug me. I keep a drink near me at all times anyway.

The sleep aid can give me headaches but they aren’t nearly as bad as the last sleep aid I was on which caused nose bleeds and a sore nose. The medicine is supposed to help me go to sleep but not knock me out to the point I can’t wake up during an emergency.

The ADD med does give me headaches plus knocks me out by midnight-1am at night when I take it earlier in the day. I’m having to work on my routine before work and after work. I don’t take it on my days off though.

The muscle relaxer kicks in in about 1 hour to 30 minutes when that happens I have to get into bed within the first 20 minutes of it. Otherwise, I will fall asleep on the couch. Something I usually don’t do. It does randomly make me sore when I take it sometimes.

Most of the meds except the ADD med and the muscle relaxer are all taken daily.

Yeah, I can’t go to work the next day if I take the muscle relaxer. So, I had to turn in a note for that actual issue. I was taking the anti-depressant during the day but it made me so tired I had to change it to nightly instead. There was something about the heart med but I can’t remember to be honest. I have debated about taking the ADD med during the night instead but I’m still sticking to daytime for now. I just need to wake up earlier than an hour before my shift. I don’t drive so I don’t really have to worry about that, to be honest.

Only when it’s a new medicine other than that no it’s not a hassle.

Yes, I have to take them before I go to bed and before work after I’ve eaten.

Yes, if I’m super tired I can accidentally forget. Other than those times, if I forget it’s because it’s a new medicine which I’ve done that to the ADD med.

Heyyyy I have thyroid disease too
But in my case I have hypothyroidism which means my thyroxine level is low

1 Like

Nice, although I’m used to needle in arm so the doctor can check the thyroid level. I wonder if anyone else has thyroid disease on here.

1 Like

my therapist and i are working to get me prescribed with anti depressants soon :d

Vitamin D, cod liver oil, anithestamine

vitamins per request of my mother
and hayfever

Occasionally triggers bad memories

Every morning

not rlly

ehhh

nope

yes
I actually need to go take mine now XD Thanks for le reminder

Small story time: TW - idek what to call it but f-cked up parental actions?

II used to be taking serotone, a herbal concoction that works as an antidepressant. The thing was, my mother never told me that. She said it would help me sleep. It did, but I also became dependant on them against my knowledge.
She then took me cold turkey off of the pills when they ran out.
I suffered two weeks of withdrawal symptoms, completely confused at what was happening. I was scared, honestly. It was not fun.
I only found out when my friend shared that they were taking the same pills, and she explained what they were for when I asked. I haven’t confronted my mother and it’s unlikely I ever will, but the entire situation has made me extremely cautious ab the stuff she gives me.

I used to take this :joy:
Then stuff happened and I was taken off of it again because the doctors thought it might be making me worse :man_shrugging: I am no longer on any antidepressants, which isn’t a great feeling cus my mum is scared of them (despite what she did in story time) but I hope to be able to talk with a therapist once I move out about starting again if my mental health hasn’t improved by then.

1 Like

That will be a good idea. Sorry your mom is acting like that about the medicine. It does help me out which is good.

1 Like

I take a lot of medications.

Hyzaar and Atenolol for hypertension
Lasix for excess fluids esp. in my lungs
Panteloc for GERD
Rinitadine for GERD
Gabapentin for diabetic nerve pain
Nortriptyline for sciatica
Insulin for diabetes
Vitamin D because I’m deficient
Percocet for pain
Melatonin for sleep

Most are once a day. Long acting insulin is once a day, short acting is at meals and bedtime, if needed. Percocet is as needed. Melatonin is before bedtime.

Gabapentin, I was taking twice a day, but a friend who is an MD said I was taking too much at a time, that the body can’t absorb that much so on his advice, I’ve divided it into 4 doses a day.

Vitamin D, I take in 3 doses a day.

I don’t get many side effects. Sometimes, dry mouth though I don’t know which one is causing it.

I feel like a walking pharmacy.

Lexapro, Focalin, Zyrtec and, uh, some vitamin, and Melatonin
Anxiety and depression, ADD, allergies and sleep. In that order.
Every day for the ones except for Focalin. That’s for school. I stopped taking the vitamin…
The vitamin gives me severe nausea, it’s huge and it tastes and smells horrible.
It’s fine!
Yep.
I forgot for two nights.

I take medication for my spring allergies and the only side effect is that it makes you sleepy so i take one every night. I also take vitamin D.

Now I take Xyzal instead of Zyrtec.

Closed due to inactivity