Mental Health Getting Worse With Quarantine/Online School?

Trigger warning for anxiety

Lol thought I’d use the new @Psychologists tag for this one!

So… it may be hormones or something but when we first went into quarantine is when I first started actually noticing my anxiety and that’s when it started getting worse. Then we went to in-person school for a few months when we got back but it’s the second week of online school for me now and I’m starting to notice my anxiety getting worse.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Have you noticed your own mental health decline with quarantine or online?

3 Likes

Added some tags for you :sparkles:

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

It may just be hormones or just me being all over the place because last year when we went online I was relatively fine… I guess I’ll just have to take note of how I’m feeling and stuff.
But it’s just interesting cuz I was getting to a place with my anxiety where I didn’t really get it that much. Like maybe once a week. And now I’ve gotten it like every day of this week… Which only happened in the summer…

1 Like

My mental health’s been way worse with quarantine, and I think that’s just from being isolated

1 Like

Oh yeah. I haven’t been going out at all obviously. But before this week I went out occasionally for my birthday. And then this week I’ve only been with my family… but yeah idk.

1 Like

Mine got better because I didn’t have to deal with people- :eyes::eyes:

2 Likes

Welp, my mental health’s good. I mean, I spend more time with my family and all, come on the SWF, and it’s all pretty good. No complaints.

But my appetite did get smaller because of less activity and I really miss my friends and school a lot!

2 Likes

It’s same for me.

The first months of quarantine when we were in red were the worst for me because it was a total and complete isolation. I was depressed, anxious, angry, and bitter.
In June, we started having online classes. I still wish we could go back to in-person classes, but it isn’t safe enough, so for me, it’s better than nothing. At least I get to see the kids on the screen.
And I get to see my co-workers because we go to work to use the screens and computers for our online classes.
Plus, I have individual in-person classes with my neighbors.

However, I was feeling very burned out and ‘blah’ these last two weeks. It’s probably because winter break is approaching, but also because of the certification class that I don’t enjoy giving. But that’s an optional class, so I don’t think I will give it anymore after Thursday.

1 Like

Close due to inactivity :innocent: