Modest Clothing for Women: Feminist or Sexist?

This is very true. In a lot of people’s lifetimes, Judaism was the most persecuted religion. This whole Islamaphobia epidemic is a very recent thing – most people didn’t care so much before America and Russia meddled in the Middle East

7 Likes

People think that things like Hijabs automatically make Islam sexist. This is not true. That’s like saying Catholics are sexist for making Nuns wear Habits.

In Islam, Holy Figures have their faces hidden. The body of a woman is just as Holy. To hide a woman’s face is, at least in my eyes, the ultimate form of flattery, showing that a woman is worthy of being treasured and revealed to only those who can truly love her.

Honestly, Christians and Catholics are more sexist than Muslims. At least in Islam women aren’t the origin of all sin and evil.

4 Likes

My opinion is that you shouldn’t judge people based off what they wear. Whether “modest” or “revealing”. You shouldn’t use clothing as an excuse to stereotype a culture.

4 Likes

I think that’s a massive generalisation. There are sexist people of all religions, because religion can be used as an excuse for sexism.

Also, Catholics are Christians. Just a pet peeve of mine

5 Likes

EXACTLY! Everybody gives me crap when I say it, but it’s true! They’re the exact same religion!

1 Like

I mean, the people who claim Catholics aren’t Christians don’t know the history of their own religion xD

6 Likes

I’m sorry, where in the christian bible does it say this? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Adam and Eve, bro.

1 Like

Also isn’t there something in Islamic religion that homosexuality doesn’t exist?

It even says that the pain of childbirth and period pain are our punnishments

5 Likes

It does? :eyes:

Welp, I’ve never read the bible sooo

1 Like

I haven’t but I’ve seen Carrie

1 Like

Catholicism is a branch of Christianity as well as the Orthodox church, Protestant church etc. And all the Abrahamic religions are very similar but have evolved differently over time.

I find religion and history very interesting. I don’t see anything wrong in practice religion in general, there are just so many problematic people who justifies their actions with it.

Anyway, I think everyone should have the right to wear whatever they want as long as it is their own choice.

1 Like

Not all religions are perfect, bro. All I’m saying is that people shouldn’t automatically call out a religion’s customs without learning about the customs first. Being ignorant and uneducated doesn’t give you the right to be Islamophobic.

4 Likes

I’m not being islamaphobic, I’m just trying to point out some facts >.<

This is why I’m atheist :grinning:

Never said you were…

2 Likes

Atheist is Great-eist.

2 Likes

???

That wasn’t specifically directed at you lol

2 Likes

This part! There’s a difference between criticising a religion and being complicit in discrimination against a religious group. And some criticisms of Islam can be rooted in Islamophobia because some people talk about oppression against women in Islamic countries then trash feminism and justify the the victim blaming of assault victims in the same breath.

5 Likes