Modest Clothing for Women: Feminist or Sexist?

I’ve seen that image before!

But I agree with several people here! I think that it’s a woman’s choice on what she wants to wear as long as it’s her own choice and not because someone is pressuring her to do so! (And I mean, there are some things that aren’t really acceptable to wear in public (depending on the occasion, like if it’s a funeral or something) in my opinion, but that goes for every gender)

3 Likes

I don’t think modest clothing has anything to do with feminism or sexism in general. But of course it is sexist for a husband/boyfriend/male family member to dresscode a fully grown woman because that’s straight up controlling!

Some women like to show skin, some women like to cover up. Different people, different taste!

Wearing revealing clothing has nothing to do with sexual assault. People need to stop being ignorant and stop victim blaming!

Also, I feel that the picture is pretty guilt trippy.

5 Likes

It depends on the women. Most women want to wear more revealing clothes and some want to cover their skin, it’s called fashion sense. Everyone can wear what they want, because looks don’t define your personality, your body, your choice. But if a man chooses what a woman should wear, it becomes sexist.

And nope, this one isn’t true, sexism is everywhere. Just as islam women have hijabs, nuns wear habits. Sexism doesn’t have to do with religion.

4 Likes

BUT HIJABS AREN’T SEXIST THO

4 Likes

If it gets forced on them to wear it just because they are a women, I would say it is, but if they do it because they want so themselves, there is nothing wrong with that at all!

4 Likes

I… sigh, nevermind.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s what i mean.

2 Likes

Why do you say nevermind, what is the thing I said you disagree with?

1 Like

It’s okay. You didn’t do anything, I’m just tired.

2 Likes

Okay, I just wanna expand myself a bit more on what I said cause I felt like I said it kinda without explaining enough!

If a woman chooses to wear a hijab because she wants to do it herself, if she feels like it’s part of her religion and it’s important to her it’s more than okay and she should totally do it, but if she gets forced to do so by people around her because they want her to wear it I see issues. So I definitely don’t think a hijab itself is sexist but it can in certain situations go hand in hand with power relations and mainly men forcing I don’t think that’s good, cause they should be able to make the decision themself.

5 Likes

Okay, there you go. I get it now.

2 Likes

That’s good, haha, guess I’m a bit tired as well tbh, cause it didn’t came out the first time how I wanted to :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I think that modesty is a feminist solution to a sexist problem, and I don’t think that’s a good ting

5 Likes

Modesty isn’t really inherently feminist or otherwise, tbf, it’s very situational.

1 Like

Bumping because I will comment later

Bump!

it’s not about what you wear, what matters is that you feel good in it
you shouldn’t give a damn what anyone else thinks

1 Like

Sweetheart wear what you want and f-ck everyone else’s opinions.

3 Likes

well said!!

1 Like

As a boy, I believe that a girl can wear want she wants. It’s just how the way people see things.

1 Like