Murders in Strangetown (Sign-Ups)

Strangetown is a town full of mystery- and murder! Can you and your fellow citizens find the killer before it’s too late? :eyes:

Hello lovelies! Welcome to my roleplay/forum game hybrid, Murders in Strangetown, also commonly called Mafia or Werewolf. I based the forum version off Murders in Thunderclan on Chicken Smoothie. Have fun ^^

Roles

The game starts when 9 (or more, but it has to be an odd number) people join the game. The Game Leader is then decided by which name is next in the queue, and he/she PMs the player roles out to the participating members. These roles include:

:: The Murderer ::
This player is the target of all the other players. During each round, before the Voting Stage, the Killer PMs their target to the game leader. Despite this, the Killer still votes during the voting stage. It’s recommended (and warned) that this person should and probably will try to remain anonymous in the group and act natural.

:: The Guard ::
The guard’s role is to protect a certain person. At any point in the round, the Guard cat can PM the Game Leader the person he/she wants to protect. The protected person is protected from the Killer’s attacks. However, if the Guard doesn’t PM the round leader before the Killer does, it’s effects are null.

:: The Witnesses ::
There are two witnesses. These people act like the citizens and don’t have an ability they can use to protect/kill another member, but witnessed a key event or has a key fact that points to the identity of the killer. They aren’t allowed to reveal their role nor their hint, but may accuse anyone as much as they want, and convince others to do the same.

:: Couple / Best Friends / Siblings ::
These people are very close, and are almost always together. If one person in the pairing dies, or is exiled, the other will leave the town. There will be two pairs of these.

:: Citizens ::
These people are completely regular. At least 60% of the players fall into this category. These players don’t do anything except for during the Voting Stage, when they post their vote in the thread on who they think the Killer is.

How Rounds Work

: Start Of The Round ::
The Guard has until the Killer sends in his PM to decide who to protect.

:: The Kill ::
The Game Leader writes a theatrical version of the kill and posts it in the thread after he receives the PM from the Killer. Whether or not there are any hints in the text pointing towards the killer is completely up to the writer; the text is mostly made to be enjoyed.

:: Voting Stage ::
All people post who they think the killer is in the thread. The killer also posts in the thread but tries to draw attention to someone else by voting for another person.

:: Banishment ::
The person with the most votes is banished from the town. The Game Leader also writes a theatrical version for this.

After the round ends and we start all over again till the Killer is finally caught.

These are the three ways the game can end!

– The Killer is voted off. [The town Wins!!]
– The Killer is left alone with a witness. [The town Wins!!]
– The Killer successfully kills all the other members.[The town Loses!]

Form to Join

Username –
Name –
Gender –
Job –
Short Description –

Characters for Current Round
Josalin Ruiz

Username – SilverRose

NameJosalin Ruiz

Gender – Female

Job – Photographer

Short Description – It is difficult to describe Josalin Ruiz in a few sentences… but what you must not forget to mention is her courage. Yes, Josalin is really brave. She is not afraid of anything and is able to take all the risks to get something she really wants and cares about. She is very athletic and knows how to fight (her uncle was her teacher), and besides, she is an excellent discussant, she can formulate arguments that cannot be beaten (all thanks to her grandmother Zaira). Josalin is very quiet and apathetic. She doesn’t like to talk about her emotions and rarely shares her problems with others. Josalin is also not interested in what others are experiencing, she can be as cold as an icicle, and her sensitivity is practically non-existent. Josalin is also a real sanctuary of peace… In addition, Josalin is intelligent, patient and makes conclusions from her mistakes. She can think quickly in the most extreme situations and makes logical decisions, even under pressure. Josalin is simply special. Period.

Sarah Stilton

Name – Sarah Stilton
Gender – Female
Job – Café
Short Description – enthusiastic, passionate and generous, But sometimes she may be a little arrogant. She often feel unhappy because they care too much about how others think of her

Jake Epping

Username@Eccentric
Name – Jake Epping
Gender – Male
Job – Data Analyst
Short Description – After going to college in a field he didn’t want to pursue, Jake is now stuck at his job as a data analyst. Jake has always sought out for a good thrill in his ordinary life, when he isn’t alone. Jake typically strays away from people into his own world, with a book. He aspires to become an author in the Horror/Thriller genre, but is lacking inspiration for his novel. He’s not what you’d call a crying man.

Joanne Wilson

Username – WhiteBlossom

Name – Joanne Wilson

Gender – Female

Job – Student Journalism (last year)

Short Description – Joanne is a very down to earth person and is very much a realistic person. Partially because of her education she thinks facts are more important than rumors, however she’s a very curious person and if she wants to research something she gives her 110% to get the truth out. She the definition of an ambivert person, not introvert nor extrovert, but she’s a social person who needs her own space and feel free. Freedom is probably one of the biggest drivers in her life and if she feels like that’s taken away she’s self sabotaging and becoming her own worst enemy.

Mirabella King

Username - Megan

Name - Mirabella KIng

Gender - Female

Job - Photographer/Coffee Barista

Short Description - Very enthusiastic and kind. She can sometimes be very uptight and anxious although that doesn’t stop her from being brave. Mirabella never liked her name so she went by Mia or Bella. Mirabella is never around many people aside from her jobs which always seem to keep her busy enough. Because of this, she has never really had an opportunity to be involved in a relationship but she always enjoyed school. She loves researching and that will never stop her from achieving what she wants. Although sometimes, she is very self concious of what people think of her.

Lily Thompson

Username – Blonde_Glasses_Girl
Name – Lily Thompson
Gender – Female
Job – Waitress at a busy restaurant.
Short Description – Lily is pretty kept to herself. Though she has been blessed with the pretty gene. She knows this (because of all of the guys that come into her restaurant and their cat calling) but ignores it. She is very opinionated but doesn’t like sharing them. She often has some trust issues. She also notices that she often has extreme, and horrid thoughts that come into her mind. She tells herself there normal, but deep down she likes thinking about them.

Victoria West

Username – SkyWalker
Name – Victoria West
Gender – Female
Job – Currently looking for jobs
Short Description –
Victoria often changes her hobbies and can’t stay interested in one thing for a long time so she changes her job now and then. For now she’s looking for a new job, preferably something relaxed and not outdoors. She can’t stand the heat of the sun and will spend every second under the sun complaining. Horror movies interests her but if she’s in a situation similar to them, she’ll freak out.

Kim Sun-Hi

Username - @OhSumana
Name - Kim Sun-Hi
Gender - Female
Job - she’ll do any strange jobs if you give her sufficient money.
Short description -
Kim Sun-Hi is an orphan girl who was educated in the orphanage school. When she was 18, she was let off from the orphanage to live her life on her own. However, she didn’t get any jobs. So, she decides to create a new one. She’ll do anything, if one gives her money though the mission should not be illegal or she’ll turn down the offer.
Sun-Hi is brave and carefree and a bit crazy. She’s impulsive when taking decisions that may have an effect on her life but she thinks deeply about her missions.

Fernando DeKinz

Username – BrookieK
Name – Fernando DeKeinz
Gender – Male
Job – Hair Stylist & salesman
Short Description – Fernando grew up in the far east of Germany with his grandparents, his mother had left when he was born and hid father had died in a plane crash when Fernando was 5. As soon as he had the money, at age 19, Fernando left Germany for America. He spent some time doing small contracting jobs before eventually securing an internship and job at a hairstyling salon. After about 3 years he moved up to being a stylist, manager and main salesman at that specific salon. He has done that since and recently met his girlfriend Vernoa, a young lady from Michigan.

@RPers

21 Likes

Can I reserve a spot?

2 Likes

Yep ^^

Sounds cool :eyes::sparkles::+1: (I’ll maybe join but I still have to see if I have enough free time :sweat_smile::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:)

1 Like

I want to join!

1 Like

JOSALIN RUIZ

❤️

Username – SilverRose

NameJosalin Ruiz

Gender – Female

Job – Photographer

Short Description – It is difficult to describe Josalin Ruiz in a few sentences… but what you must not forget to mention is her courage. Yes, Josalin is really brave. She is not afraid of anything and is able to take all the risks to get something she really wants and cares about. She is very athletic and knows how to fight (her uncle was her teacher), and besides, she is an excellent discussant, she can formulate arguments that cannot be beaten (all thanks to her grandmother Zaira). Josalin is very quiet and apathetic. She doesn’t like to talk about her emotions and rarely shares her problems with others. Josalin is also not interested in what others are experiencing, she can be as cold as an icicle, and her sensitivity is practically non-existent. Josalin is also a real sanctuary of peace… In addition, Josalin is intelligent, patient and makes conclusions from her mistakes. She can think quickly in the most extreme situations and makes logical decisions, even under pressure. Josalin is simply special. Period.

1 Like

I’m in, posting my character after school

1 Like

Can I reserve the Murderer :smiling_imp:?

1 Like

Reserve for one ^^ (or two)

1 Like

The roles are chosen at random, so no, but you might get it :wink:

1 Like

Ooh, I might join this! I have to finish reading the whole description but from what I’ve read so far, it doesn’t seem like this takes up that much time right? Cause I’ll be busy for most of March so I don’t really have time for additional role plays

2 Likes

It doesn’t take much time at all, it’s more of a forum game with RP/SG elements. If you can’t roleplay, just put in your vote at the end of each round ^^

2 Likes

Bump :eyes:

Sarah Stilton

Username – @CelestialKitten
Name – Sarah Stilton
Gender – Female
Job – Café
Short Description – enthusiastic, passionate and generous, But sometimes she may be a little arrogant. She often feel unhappy because they care too much about how others think of her

1 Like

This is a really cool concept! :blush:

Jake Epping

Username@Mysteria
Name – Jake Epping
Gender – Male
Job – Data Analyst
Short Description – After going to college in a field he didn’t want to pursue, Jake is now stuck at his job as a data analyst. Jake has always sought out for a good thrill in his ordinary life, when he isn’t alone. Jake typically strays away from people into his own world, with a book. He aspires to become an author in the Horror/Thriller genre, but is lacking inspiration for his novel. He’s not what you’d call a crying man.

1 Like
Joanne Wilson

Username – WhiteBlossom

Name – Joanne Wilson

Gender – Female

Job – Student Journalism (last year)

Short Description – Joanne is a very down to earth person and is very much a realistic person. Partially because of her education she thinks facts are more important than rumors, however she’s a very curious person and if she wants to research something she gives her 110% to get the truth out. She the definition of an ambivert person, not introvert nor extrovert, but she’s a social person who needs her own space and feel free. Freedom is probably one of the biggest drivers in her life and if she feels like that’s taken away she’s self sabotaging and becoming her own worst enemy.

3 Likes

Do I need to reserve or can I just submit something??

2 Likes

You can just submit ^^

1 Like
Mirabella King

Username - Megan

Name - Mirabella KIng

Gender - Female

Job - Photographer/Coffee Barista

Short Description - Very enthusiastic and kind. She can sometimes be very uptight and anxious although that doesn’t stop her from being brave. Mirabella never liked her name so she went by Mia or Bella. Mirabella is never around many people aside from her jobs which always seem to keep her busy enough. Because of this, she has never really had an opportunity to be involved in a relationship but she always enjoyed school. She loves researching and that will never stop her from achieving what she wants. Although sometimes, she is very self concious of what people think of her.

1 Like

When is this RP expected to start?

1 Like