Music discussion: Exo

Every week, we’ll present you with a musician and you can discuss their songs, music videos, life, style and whatever else comes to your mind! If you don’t know the presented musicians, share your first impressions, check out their music and let us know what you think! :smile:

This weeks it’s: Exo
Here’s their Wikipedia page
Here are some music videos:

And whoever put this suggestion into the form also added a bunch of links to pictures of their stage outfits. I’ll just post two here, so if that person wants to post the rest of them, you can do that! (some of the links also didn’t work :sweat_smile:)

Want to suggest a musician for next time? Please fill out this form.

6 Likes

Exo!!!

2 Likes

You guys might be interested @heavenbound @OhSumana

3 Likes

Yes, yes!!!

3 Likes

Okay, so EXO means a lottttt to me. EXO is the band that got me interested in Kpop , as the first kpop song I listened to and loved right away was Love Shot.

Concept :

The first song of EXO I listened to being “Love shot”, naturally my first impression was that EXO is a group of bad sme×y boys who seemed to be involved in mafia or bank heist or something. But I didn’t think their concept was so detailed, complicated, deep and just… Fantastic.

However, after LS, I soon became an EXO-L, and listened to Monster. This song’s lyrics, video, picturization and everything else got me thinking that there’s more to it that some mafia boys. After that I listened to Overdose, Lucky One, Ko Ko Bop, Mama, Power and so on. What did I learn? Except for a very few songs, All. Of. Their. Music. Videos. Are. Connected. In. Such. A. Way. That. It. Relates. A. Story!! The genre is fantasy , obviously.

I went through many theories and all of them made sense, but in a confusing way. Now I’m not gonna the whole thing here because that’ll just make it a loooooong post (I’m too lazy to type all of that), plus not everything is clear to me either. I can just give an idea about it. Since their story begins with OT12, I’m including them too.

So, if any of you have listened to Mama or Power, you’ll understand what a tree of life is. Outwardly, EXO members are from EXO planet and they have some cool powers. I’m listing them here -

EXO - M

Kris - Flight
Luhan - Telekinesis
Xiumin - Frost
Chen - Lightning
Lay - Healing
Tao - Time Suspension

EXO - K

Suho - Water
Baekhyun - Light
Chanyeol - Fire
D.O. - Strength
Kai - Teleportation
Sehun - Wind

So the villain here is Red Force, who wants to get the power of Tree of Life, EXO was the protector of. They ended up destroying their planet. So divided the heart of Tree of Life, one part was given to EXO-K and the other to EXO - M, before they landed on earth, but the two units are here in two different time lines, to hide from the red force. But the prophecy says that during a special solar eclipse, the power of Red Forces will grow stronger and they will be able to take over EXO by creating clones of them (X-EXO), which is shown in the music video OBSESSION.

Thanks for tuning in
stay tuned for more info

3 Likes

Ohhhh wowowowow omgg Exo :sob::sob: my fave underrated boy band group :dizzy:

2 Likes

Uhh @OhSumana explained it so well I don’t know what to sayy :sneezing_face::clap:t5:
Stan exo so much

Exo-l here :blue_heart::sunglasses::dizzy:

2 Likes

i have only heard Love Shot but i love the song

2 Likes

Nah it’s all so messy. I’m bad at explaining :astonished:

2 Likes

1 Like

I have never listened to any of their musiccccc

2 Likes

Aww. GO LISTEN

2 Likes

MAYBE

2 Likes

:pleading_face:

2 Likes

I remember how famous EXO was back in 2013. Most of my classmates back in grade school were obsessed with them, and I hear them playing Growl almost everywhere.

Up until now, I still stand to my opinion that EXO has one of the best debut songs ever.

Also, their main vocal trio (+Xiumin) have such angelic voices.

3 Likes

YESSSS

3 Likes

That’s my Bias :sob:

2 Likes

OMGG THAT MEANS YOU SHOULD DEFO LISTEN TO THIS!! REE… :star_struck:

2 Likes

Listen to more… you won’t be disappointed :brown_heart::wink:

3 Likes

Try Monster, Obsession, Tempo, Ko Ko Bop

Also the solo songs and sub unit songs like Candy, Hello, Amusement park, Kaching, 1 billion views don’t disappoint :wink:

2 Likes