Music discussion: Stray Kids

Every week, weโ€™ll present you with a musician and you can discuss their songs, music videos, life, style and whatever else comes to your mind! If you donโ€™t know the presented musicians, share your first impressions, check out their music and let us know what you think! :smile:

This weeks itโ€™s: Stray Kids
Hereโ€™s their Wikipedia page
Here are some music videos:

Want to suggest a musician for next time? Please fill out this form.

4 Likes

OMG I LOVE THEMMM

@anon63818055

4 Likes

theyโ€™re literally my favourite group ever-

2 Likes

Ooo theyโ€™re great!! Iโ€™m not extremely familiar w/ KPOP but my friend is trying to get me into itโ€” theyโ€™re my favorite group so far (:
I listen to Godโ€™s Menu on loop mostly for Felixโ€™s part!

2 Likes

you-

i-

TASTE :relieved::sparkles:

1 Like

Iโ€™ve only recently begun listening to them, and so far, I like All In, Back Door, and Godโ€™s Menu the most. >:D A lot of their songs slap thoughโ€” :new_moon_with_face::full_moon_with_face:

CAN WE TALK ABOUT THEIR DANCING FOR A SECOND THOUGH PLS LIKE DAMN

4 Likes

okay ngl i donโ€™t know much about them?
i do know that a friend loves them and from what theyโ€™ve told me, they seem like a nice group
and the songs iโ€™ve listened to are nice
i also know โ€œMy Paceโ€ helped me through a somewhat harsh time so that song has a special place in my heart

3 Likes
โ˜†ๅฝก

Stray Kids (์ŠคํŠธ๋ ˆ์ด ํ‚ค์ฆˆ) is special to me because theyโ€™re probably the only k-pop group I followed pre-debut. I remember crying when Felix got eliminated because they were such a close group that seemed like a family, and following their journey taught me how passionate they are about their music. Many of their songs helped me through some tough times but these are some that really stuck with me.

โ๐‘ฉ๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’Œ ๐’‡๐’“๐’†๐’† ๐’‡๐’“๐’๐’Ž ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’—๐’๐’Š๐’„๐’†๐’” ๐’Š๐’ ๐’Ž๐’š ๐’‰๐’†๐’‚๐’….โž

โ€˜Voicesสผ will always be one of my favourite SKZ songs. I heard it when I was struggling with my mental health during exams and it became a song that gave me the strength to push through that situation. Itโ€™s about battling your inner voices, something I can still relate to. Whether itโ€™s about the voice telling you youโ€™re not good enough, the voice feeding your biggest fears or so on is really up to our own interpretation but I think many people can relate to this song in their own way.

โ๋จธ๋ฆฟ์†์€ ๋Š˜ ๋ณต์žกํ•ด.โž / โThe thoughts inside my head are all tangled.โž

โ€˜Phobiaสผ is another of my favourites. Fan theorise this is about social anxiety (or sociophobia), something Iโ€™ve struggled with since a young age so the lyrics really hit close to home. The lyrics could be interpreted differently but the parts which say โ€˜I want to stay together with youโ€™ / โ€˜Stay with meโ€™ reminds me of when I didnโ€™t want to be separated from people I felt comfortable around in public. When it says โ€˜I canโ€™t get closerโ€™, it reminds me of how that fear often stopped me from getting closer to people I wanted to know better. Iโ€™ve also interpreted other parts of the song differently but Iโ€™m trying not to nerd here.

โ๐‘ฌ๐’š, ๐’”๐’Ž๐’‚๐’๐’ ๐’•๐’‰๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ๐’” ๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’Ž๐’‚๐’•๐’•๐’†๐’“.โž

โ€˜Get Coolสผ is one of my favourites because itโ€™s a feel-good song that lifts up my spirits. I donโ€™t usually listen to these type of songs but to me, itโ€™s a song about making the best of your day, appreciating what you have (as small or minimal as they may seem) or maybe just enjoying your life in the moment. Either way, itโ€™s fun and always puts a smile on my face.

๐ป๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐‘œ๐“‡๐’ถ๐’ท๐“๐‘’ ๐‘€๐‘’๐“ƒ๐“‰๐’พ๐‘œ๐“ƒ๐“ˆ
  • Easy
  • Godโ€™s Menu
  • Neverending Story
3 Likes

COOKING LIKE A CHEF, Iโ€™M A FIVE STAR MICHELIN :star_struck::dancer:t5::dancer:t5:
A whole vibeโ€ฆ his deep voice is dope

1 Like

I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve heard of this band.
And I definitely didnโ€™t know they were a K-Pop bandโ€ฆ

@Ana @OhSumana Have you heard of 'em? Do you like their songs?

3 Likes

Heard of them? Yes, many times

Do I like their songs? I have heard a couple maybe, but I donโ€™t really follow

2 Likes

Yeah and I do like few of their songs

2 Likes

Closed due to inactivity