Musical Instruments!

This is a thread to talk about our instruments, how we learned to play those instruments, how long we’ve played them etc.

I play bass and keyboard, I also count vocals as an instrument. I’ve always had a thing for music :joy:

5 Likes

I’ve played keyboard (my Englisch teacher always said not to call it that but :woman_shrugging:) since I was 8 but I stopped playing regularly when I was 15.
And I can play the drums, but I’m not allowed to at home :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It’s called a keyboard :joy: and I am English

Honestly some of the things that I’ve heard English teachers say on here is hilariously wrong

1 Like

We always had to say “electrical piano” and it just sounds really boring :joy:

1 Like

When I was younger I loved piano since my mother knew how to play and I wanted to learn too, so I started lessons and after two years of extreme pressure and anxiety I stopped because my teacher was awful. :pensive::new_moon::dizzy::black_heart:

I don’t remember how many years later, but I eventually started drums, at home, and I learned super quickly. Within a few months I knew more than a friend of mine who was doing drums lessons for three years. :sweat_smile::new_moon::dizzy::black_heart:

2 Likes

An electric piano and a keyboard are different things :joy:

Electrical Piano, note that it doesn't really have any settings

download.jpeg-6

Keyboard, plenty of buttons and settings to play with

download.jpeg-7

2 Likes

I wish I could go back and show that to my teacher :joy:

1 Like

Please do :joy: educate the educator

1 Like

I used to play the piano, I forgot how to play the guitar but I still have it and my trumpet got lost in my house. :joy:

I been playing piano for 10 years, and also have a keyboard in my room. I actually love learning about the composer too.
But I’m also learning how to play a Irish whistle.

I want to start playing guitar or harmonica because we already have both at home and I don’t want to sell them. But where can I buy the time to learn playing them? :joy:

2 Likes

Harmonica is definitely fun! I will sell you some time if you give me 50 gems :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I did some piano lessons as a young kid, but none of that really stuck with me. However I’ve taken voice years for several years (voice being my primary instrument) and have learned how to sight-read music (through choir) and how to play that on the piano (largely by myself). I really love singing, although I haven’t been doing much lately.

Vocals are definitely an instrument. They’re also spectacularly easy to mess up–colds, talking too much, sore throats, dehydration…

I adored playing piano, I really need to pick it back up again. Or at least keyboard, would be super rad.

I also need to pick up bass and electric guitar again. Love those sounds

1 Like

I initially pictured you lifting up a piano :eyes:

1 Like

I used to play keyboard but it was ages ago so I remember practically nothing
But I’m trying to learn guitar
I really really want to lear piano
And I play on people’s nurves :smiling_imp::blush:

1 Like

Big MOOD FAM

1 Like

I’ve only taken lessons in front facing flute and the flute on the side (not sure what they’re called in English). I love instruments though and can play the piano and guitar very, very poorly haha. Something to look forward to in the future.

2 Likes

:eyes:

I can play da flute, had to learn for school so I got my own :+1:

I can playyyyyyy the piano and I’m just getting back into learning how to play the guitar!

1 Like

Nice! Teach me!

My fingers don’t like the guitar hehe :(((

1 Like