My Beef with Episode and Why I Left

Ok so I am about to give a longgg run down of what happened between me and Episode and why I have decided to part ways with them.

So basically about 2 months ago I tried going onto my app when I got this message I could not get past this screen into my app, so I immediately filed a support ticket having no clue what I did wrong.

After several conversations with different workers (note that I am not even talking with the same person throughout this entire scenario- the worker changes with each reply) I figured out what this may have been about (I honestly still don’t know if this is what they were talking about but I haven’t really done anything else so I assumed this is what happened)

In about February my friend told me that she no longer wanted the passes and diamonds she had bought and asked if I wanted them. I said sure and she took my phone and transferred them by changing my support/game ID. At the time I did not know that this was in violation of the TOS (which is 100% on me and I know I should have checked) << What I think they were talking about when they said I hacked the app (in case you were confused)

After I had figured out what this may have been about, I calmly and respectfully explained my side of the story and admitted that I was wrong for not thoroughly reading the community guidelines. I asked them if there was an alternate punishment I could take, and that was the end of our first conversation. I did not reply to their last email as I didn’t want to get myself into further trouble at the time.

A month passes and I send in another ticket (yesterday) to see if I could maybe talk to someone else about getting my mobile app back since I was an author on the platform and I constantly used the mobile viewer while I was coding. I yet again respectfully asked if I could have any other punishment other than “permanent suspension” as they had stated, asking if I could have my account reset so I lost anything my friend had purchased, and even said I would be willing to take a longer suspension from the app.

I got the same automated message as the last time saying that they “cArEfULlY ReViEWeD mY cASe” and all that bs. That is when I realized that they probably didn’t really read any of me emails since I didn’t even get more than 1 response from the same worker, and I literally got the exact same response as the last time. I’m serious. Word. For. Word.

After that I just went off, said my goodbyes on the forums, and started transerring to wattpad.

Also please keep in mind I have been an active member of the Episode communitieS (yes, plural) for 2-3 years. I have recommended the app to a few people online, have given them at least hundreds of dollars from the hours of episode stories I have read, and not to mention I have constantly given constructive advice when they needed it. I have been a reader, upcoming author and artist on Episode for a while now and the lack of respect I received was appalling.

So, I have picked up my bags and left. I am not too heated about the subject anymore since this has really widened my eyes and made me see that Episode just isn’t the place for me, which I’m grateful for. I don’t want to be there if I am going to be treated like nothing, and that’s that :woman_shrugging:

All I can do now is adjust and move on.

Screenshots of our conversations - in order

I have also blacked out the worker’s names for privacy reasons

^ My first support ticket

^ Their response

^ Me trying to find a calm resolution to the situation

^ An automated message as a response to my previous email, and the end of our first conversation.

^ The support ticket I sent in yesterday

^ The same automated response I had previously received. Without even talking with an actual employee first

^ Me just going off on their asses.

So there is the tea :tea:

idk if I am/was overreacting but having been a member of the community for such a long time the lack of respect/reasoning was horrendous

19 Likes

I freaked, because I thought you were leaving here.

2 Likes

no no no I love this place Episode was just being a b-word

3 Likes

Isn’t it always?

2 Likes

It is

2 Likes

Thinking about leaving Episode myself.

2 Likes

Me too, but I’m not really sure how I’d do it

2 Likes

You could ask them to delete your account if you no longer want to have an account on their forums. (although, it took them a really long time to delete El’s account)

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting on mine for 2 weeks now…

2 Likes

still waiting on the tea

2 Likes

hehe I’m writing it now~

3 Likes

I’ll be waiting~

4 Likes

lurks, waiting for the tea

@liyahsdiamond @ThePoeticRaven it’s up :joy: took a while haha

2 Likes

I’m honestly really proud of my last message ngl~

1 Like

Episode did the exact same thing to me when I tried to delete my account, they copy and pasted the same thing over and over :confused: The same thing to my friend and she still hasn’t no idea how she “hacked” Episode …

Your last message though was :100::100:

5 Likes

ugh they blow everything out of proportion or just make up random sh^t to ban accounts :joy:

2 Likes

It’s like they don’t even read the emails.

2 Likes

facts.

I am 100% sure they aren’t reading through any of these.

3 Likes

Hence why more people are leaving Episode.

3 Likes