My Birthday Thread! (+a discussion of birthdays)

Hey! Welcome to my birthday party here on the forums. I decided to one-up the staff by creating my own birthday thread lmao. I mean, who knows me better than me?

Naturally, this is my birthday cake:

Not IRL- but can’t we just pretend for a day?

So um, I wanted to post this thread at exactly 12:00 so some stuff will need to be added in later and I’ll edit this post. (My wifi is kinda bad so the stuff I made isn’t uploading and what not)

Why I made this thread and a discussion on birthdays:

Click meh plz

Does anybody else feel like there’s this expectation for people to celebrate your birthday? This is what I always see in shows. It’s sad if a character is celebrating a birthday alone… But does it have to be sad? Can’t you eat cake by yourself in peace? Why can’t we do that?
I’ve always had that idea instilled in me that you can’t celebrate yourself because then you’d be vain. But like… we have to look out for ourselves don’t we? Why exactly is it wrong to celebrate ourselves?
I don’t think it is. I can’t really describe the feeling I get when I think about having a birthday alone… it isn’t a sad one. I’ve thought about it before. I’d get myself a cake (heck, maybe even make one) buy myself a few presents I know I’ll actually enjoy… And take that full day to appreciate myself. What if everyone thought that way? Like, not that they need to have a birthday by themselves or with friends but it just automatically was that way… then when friends did come to celebrate or family it would make it just more…
And… why do you guys think that the media pushes that view of you have to celebrate with friends?

13 Likes

Happy birthday Izzyyyy!

And yes, you should absolutely celebrate yourself.

3 Likes

Yay! Happy birthday!

3 Likes

Happy birthday!!! :partying_face: :birthday: :gift: :tada: :confetti_ball:

I think you should definitely celebrate yourself. I do that on my birthdays or I just do nothing. Birthday’s aren’t really a big deal to me. Kinda surreal when it comes though

3 Likes

Lol I edited the post! I still have to put something else in but I added a better description of what I was feeling on this but i basically said the same thing- thanks for all the kind words guys!

2 Likes

I also should add that it’s totally okay to not celebrate your birthday or feel nothing on it! As long as you’re taking time to value yourself in your life.

6 Likes

My birthday is kinda depressing for me.

2 Likes

I’d totally do this. Bake myself a cake, turn on some music, and just sing and dance while my dog stares sick of my sh-t :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I love your cake :partying_face:

And everyone should absolutely take some time to celebrate themselvesss

4 Likes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

3 Likes

Happy birthday! :birthday:

3 Likes

Happy birthday :birthday:

3 Likes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

3 Likes

HAPPYYYBIRTHDAYYAYAYAYYY

3 Likes

Happy Birthday Izzy :heart: :partying_face:

3 Likes

Happy birthday! :star_struck::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

I’ve added some tags for you :pleading_face::green_heart::eyes::sparkles:

3 Likes

Yeah for some reason I can’t add tags now… idk why.

3 Likes

no one except staff can noww

4 Likes

HAPPY BIRTHDAAAYY :tada::tada::star_struck:

You gave me an idea to throw my own party :eyes:

3 Likes

Happy birthday Izzy!!! :partying_face::partying_face::star_struck:

2 Likes