Name a book from the past that was ahead of its time

What are some books you’ve read that you feel like was far improved philosophically than most?

I don’t really know any personally lol.

@Bookworms maybe you do?

3 Likes

Ummm… I’d say Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein was.
Maybe Nineteen Eighty-Four too.

1 Like

1984 or Animal Farm.

1 Like

So a book from my own country unfortently no English release. its a teen book called kære dødsbog (dear deathry, its a mix between death and diary, deathry)

it takes up many teen subjects most teen books dont, the book is from 2008, teen books release today dont dare talk about most of what it did, depression, suicide, sex, bullying, teen books dont talk about this subjects unleash its a dark story, which this isn’t, its a comedy, its funny to read. its an enjoyable read about a very serious topic,

The book is about a girl who is planning her suicide. because of being bullied. and we follow her last two weeks up to it,

wanna note at the end she doesn’t die, her mother discovers her in time. she gets in therapy and gets better.

same author also wrote a book teen book about sexuality, discovering your gay, and such, I havent read it though.

I agree! Also Fahrenheit 451. Do you know why it’s called that? I do, I’m just curious to see how many others know. @Bookworms, what other books were ahead of their time?

1 Like

What’s that about?

1 Like

It’s a book set in a dystopian future where books are banned. It follows Guy Montag, a firefighter. The thing is, they start the fires, not put them out. It was an amazing book. Ray Bradbury.

Jane Austen! Probably, I don’t know the whole history and such. But yeah definitely her. I just finished reading six of her completed novels!

Fixed a tag and an image