Netflix Recommendation: Merlin

Plot:

The programme is a reimagining of the traditional legend, in which a skilled young sorcerer called Merlin is sent to the bustling kingdom of Camelot by his mother, and becomes personal servant to Prince Arthur Pendragon, the (slightly arrogant) son of the tyrannical King Uther.

Seasons: 5 total

My thoughts on the show!

This is one of my favorite shows! This is one of the better retellings of Legend of King Arthur. It follows Merlin who becomes Arthur’s manservant after he is sent to Camelot by his mother to work with Gaius the doctor as his apprentice for the palace and the kingdom. The show is really entertaining to watch because of the comedic element that resonates through the show. I highly recommend this show to anyone that loves the King Arthur legend! It even has Anthony Head who played Giles on Buffy the Vampire Slayer as Uther Pendragon! Also, if you do not know the King Arthur legend then please look it up before you watch the show!

Another Similar Recommendation: The discussion is closed but if you would like for me to open it up then let me know. If not, just read what the show is about since it’s on Netflix as well.

https://forum.shanniiwrites.com/t/netflix-discussion-cursed/13224

Have you watched Merlin before? Did you enjoy the show? If you haven’t seen it yet, then what are you expecting to see? Let us know if you check the show out on Netflix!

@ ScreenSloths
@ Discussions join the ScreenSloths tag to keep up with the latest news on films and tv shows!

2 Likes

Yes Merlin being sassy is amazing!

But you watch it for the humor, not the graphics tho because that dragon is so bad it’s almost nightmare fuel.

1 Like

So true!

I thought the dragon looked cool though. The graphics weren’t that bad especially considering it was the early 2010s.

1 Like

True, but I have a friend who does graphic design and 3d modelling and she made a better-looking dragon in year 2 of our study :joy:

1 Like

I just love those niddy comments like: “No there must be another Arthur because this one is an Ass”
(Adding this one because it doesn’t really give spoilers or stuff like that)

1 Like

Lol I understand whet you mean! Though recent CGI has come a long way since then. I’m not sure when you friend made the dragon so I can’t say just how much has changed. Although that sounds really cool, did it move around or was it a still 3D picture?

I love those parts too! I sometimes listen to the video compilations people have made of both Merlin and Arthur being sassy throughout the show.

1 Like

Yesss those are amazing!!!

I know right! I heard they were going to make the sixth season but I’m not sure how much I believe of that.

1 Like

I maybe love them arguing about his weight the most :joy:

1 Like

But the story has ended

Omg, that is one of the funniest parts of the show!

That’s exactly what I thought too. What would be the point of a sixth season? I’m going to keep my eye out for more information if this ends up true. I mean, they could do a spin-off series for the show. It’s not too late for that.

1 Like

Maybe the text gen or something

1 Like

Very true, that could be what is coming! I will post the updates on this thread when I get them.

1 Like

Haha sure.

1 Like

I watched this show when I was younger because it was on BBC1 on Saturdays, it’s a very good show, since it came to Netflix I’ve been meaning to watch it so yeah it’s definitely a recommendation

1 Like

man i was OBSESSED with this show as a young teen!
i may have to watch it again bc nostalgia kdfjbvhf

1 Like

THIS IS MY JAM

Happy Hailee Steinfeld GIF by Pitch Perfect

oK so my opinion be the CGI is kinda trash since we’re in 2021 but back then I thought the show is EVERYTHING. It is still too!! The plot is sooo good and I just loved the show sm omg (’:

1 Like

Ew

1 Like

Yeah, the CGI might not be the best but we do have to consider when it was made. I mean it falls into the same boat as Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Charmed technically.

1 Like

Alright.