Netflix Recommendation: The Dragon Prince

Plot: In the magical land of Xadia, magic comes from six primal sources: the sun, moon, stars, sky, earth and ocean. When human mages create a seventh kind of magic – dark magic – they start capturing and harvesting the unique magical creatures they need as ingredients, which sparks a war between Xadia and the Human Kingdoms. Three kids from opposite sides of the conflict – two princes and an elven assassin sent to kill them – discover a secret that could change everything and decide to join forces and go on an epic journey. That trek could be their only hope of ending the war and restoring peace to both worlds.

My thoughts

Alright, this show is actually really good! It comes from the same writers who wrote Avatar: The Last Airbender. They have even brought in the LGBTQ+ characters which are interesting characters that bring in more information to the story. They did a great job bringing this world alive. I know people don’t count Avatar or this show as anime but I think they count. The art from the show is wonderful as well! I really recommend this show for anyone looking for shows similar to Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra. It does seem like the creators feel like they can bring certain aspects that were not condoned as appropriate like in Legend of Korra. If you saw the ending then you will know exactly what I’m meaning. I think it’s mainly because Netflix is in charge of the creation of the show so their guidelines are different. Also, it doesn’t play on a channel that is for children as the other two shows did. I will say this much I love Rayla in the show the most. Also, there is one character I like because the character is voiced by a voice actor from Star Wars: The Old Republic Game.

Have you seen this show? Do you have any thoughts about it? (Please Don’t Spoil Anything!)

@ Discussions
@ AnimeNerds
@ ScreenSloths

3 Likes

It’s cute. Entertaining. Has some good moments. The last season I wouldn’t say was nearly as good as the first two, and the first two were…cute. I wouldn’t call it a masterpiece but it had some moments that made me laugh and feel for the characters. I don’t feel the urge to rewatch it but I’ll put on the next season and see what happens.

1 Like

Ooooooo I know what I’m gonna binge after my Queen of Flow marathon. Thanks for sharing~

1 Like

Hmm… I feel i should give this a go.

Also, welcome to the forums, @Sammy00!

I been waiting for season 3 in forever.

Closed due to inactivity