Netflix Recommendation: The Queen’s Gambit

The Queen’s Gambit

Where do I begin… One of the best shows I highly recommend.
Netflix released The Queen’s Gambit on October 23, 2020. After four weeks it had become Netflix’s most-watched scripted miniseries! It received critical acclaim, with praise going towards Taylor-Joy’s performance as well as for the cinematography and production values. It has also received a positive response from the chess community and is claimed to have increased public interest in the game.

The Queen’s Gambit follows the life of an orphan chess prodigy, Beth Harmon, during her quest to become the world’s greatest chess player while struggling with emotional problems and substance abuse. The title of the series refers to a chess opening of the same name - The Queen’s Gambit.
The story begins in Lexington, Kentucky, where a nine-year-old Beth, having lost her mother in a car crash, is taken to an orphanage where she is taught chess by the building’s custodian, Mr. Shaibel. I don’t want to spoil much, it’s better if you watch it and see how the story unfolds!

• Have you seen this show? What do you think of the show?
  • If you haven’t would you watch it?
    @ ScreenSloths
4 Likes

One of my favorite chess prodigy shows! :heart_eyes_cat::nail_care:t2::dodo:
I really enjoyed the plot and the outfits were fcking amazing!

@idiot.exe rate from :business_suit_levitating:t2: To 70% pls

3 Likes

I haven’t seen it :partying_face:

Rate for me??

3 Likes

Defo a big

3 Likes

Wow :heart_eyes: can’t argue with that

2 Likes

Yasss queen u know it :heart::heart::heart::nail_care:t2:

2 Likes

I LOVED THIS SO MUCH DSIDJENSKXJDKD 100% WOULD RECOMMEND

EVEN IF YOU DONT LIKE CHESS

I DDINT LIKE CHESS BUT WHEN J STARTED WARFHING I WANTED TO START LEARNING HOW TO PLAY

3 Likes

SAME BUT I ALREADY FORGOT

2 Likes

I only watched the first episode, and I already liked it. I’ll return to it once I have time.

1 Like

I watched it in a day- maybe 2-

I thought I wouldn’t like it because it’s not what I usually watch- Lucifer :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:- but it was really good :eyes::eyes:

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity