New Ideas Thread 2.0

now that I was away on vacation for 3 days, and rested at home for 3 days exactly 3 new ideas just came to my head. Of course, it came to me because of other plots and I’m basically just robbing them of their ideas, but so many RPs were made as some sort of continuations of books and movies and such, I guess this will be okay.

Here, I’ll put a short description of the ideas so far, and you can vote which of them you’d like to see most.

First idea comes from The Royal Romance from the app called Choices. In the game TRR is a story of a woman from NY who somehow makes this prince fall for her in a night and one of the lords decides to bring her to his kingdom and let her be one of the contestants for his hand in marriage. The contest concludes of fun activities such as horseback riding, pie making, archery and such; to prove she’s fun, lovable but also serious and knowledgable and that she’ll be a good queen.
So I thought a story that includes fun challanges, a stern goal, abillity to include a lot of characters in a contest would be great for a RP so the plot of the RP doesn’t get boring and repetitive like most school based RPs, that has constant challanges to keep the people interested, to have a stern goal that’s flexible but still stern enough to keep the story going somewhere towards the direction it originally was meant to go. I even belive I’ll work around it a bit to make it accept people to join whenever they like. However, once the goal is reached there is nothing more to do except I make up another situation just like it inside the same story and I don’t know if repeating the same story would become boring and repetitive.

Second idea comes from the game whose ads I always get on the app Choices where there are zombies all around and there is one secured area with living healthy people there who have weapons and food and they have to survive with the resources they have while also killing of zombies in one area to add that zombie-free area to the secluded area by building a wall around it once it’s cleaned. It’s called Game of Survival and it’s a great idea, but I’ve been told the game is not that good so I’ve never played it, but I couldn’t help thinking the community on shannii would do so much better with this idea than the game developers becase they just wanted money.
I think this will be an amzing RP because it allows for different challanges to be introduced throught gameplay, it allows for people to join the RP even after the RP started for as long as they want, killing of your characters is possible and later playing them as zombies (a situation that can question the morale of each character) and since the goal is reachable but only after a very very long time in reality, this RP can be carried on for a very long time withouth having to change the plot. The goal to survive and to get more land, resources and guns to make survival in future possible, and I’m sure every person would like to reach that goal.

The third and last idea comes from the musical and a movie I just discovered today! Well I can’t possibly see a full version of the musical and I haven’t yet seen the movie, but it’s the idea I like, not the whole plot. In this story, there’s this character called Monty who realises he’s 8th or 7th in line to be a lord and to become a lord he start killing off the people before him so he could become a lord.

Now this isn’t the plot I’ll be making becuase there’s only space for once person who can go into a killing rampage and kill his family to get inheritance and a title and it would be silly if say … 20 people signed up for the RP and all their characters were n-th in line to a title and all of them decided to kill of people to get that title. It just wouldn’t be realistic nor fun.

However, It got me to thinking … I’m yet to see a RP that incorporates murder withouth having the victims become mad they got murdered, or withouth the murder plot being completely forgotten and the RP start being controlled by conversation between random characters and no plot is there to happen except banter between characters. I’ve also only seen murder plots on RP be portrayed as who-dun-its and no who done it RP I’ve ever been in has been good. The story would crumble before anything even happened, and I think it’s because people joined to see murder in a RP for once, but were rightfully angry when their characters were murdered leaving them with nobody to RP with.

So I propose this story, even though it’s not yet fully thought through. Ahem* In this story there would be characters who would have to kill of people for their own benefit. In the sign ups they would be able to put the amount of people they had to kill to reach they goal if they had a previously made out idea of how and why their character will turn to murder, but they could also make it up as they go along. People would make the characters they were going to kill off so they wouldn’t be angry if they were the ones to kill them, or if some other character kills them. The plot is that in this town there is a group of detectives and the people who play murderers would be able to explore many ways a character would kill somebody, while also learning about it. Now here come in the detectives and the police and … just law enforcement workers of any sort. If your character who is a murdere murders a victim and you explain in detail how he murdered a person, how he cleaned the murder scene, how he got rid of the body and how he made sure that nobody would quess it was him, the detectives come and check out the murder scene, or the house where a person dissapeared suddenly and things such as that, and you failed to mentioned to clean something or to hide something, there is a chance the detectives will find it and in that chance you will be caught. But be warned, the closer you get to your goal the more suspicious you will become to the detectives becuase up to this point it was like 1-5 people gone missing? And when theres too much people going missing or dying, and they find a patter, it will be harder for you to operate thru the game and get to your goal.

Now for the poll

• First idea
  • Second idea
  • Third idea
  • All these plots are stolen
  • None

0 voters

3 Likes

In the Nise Prefecture of Tokyo, there is a very special place; A place where all of the most talented gifted students, masters of their craft, come together to become Ultimates in their field. A place with all the most prestigious and technical education, care, and security. A place with countless numbers of rich, famous, and ground-breaking graduates. This place is Kibōyama Institute for Radically Adept, or K.I.R.A. for short. This year, you- Yes, you- are attending classes at the institute, ready to master your Ultimate Talent. But as soon as you enter the school’s doors, you know that something is wrong. You find yourself waking up in a classroom, barely able to remember your own name, and you are told that you will never be able to escape this school again.

Unless, of course, you can get away with murdering one of your classmates.

A remote mountaintop prison. Gruesome crimes. Cutthroat trials. Punishment by death. All of this and more awaits you within these walls. So will you be able to escape this school? Or will you end up as another body in the pile?

This’ll be fun. Un- bear -ably fun.

(Based on the Danganronpa series by Spike Chunsoft.)

More stuff:

This rp will be co-owned by @Daunt.

Here’s a basic summary of the rp: Kids are trapped in a school. To escape, they have to get away with murder. Once a murder is commited, a trial is held by all the kids to find out who did it. If the kids find the culprit, the murderer is executed. If they convict the wrong person, everyone but the murderer will be executed. Repate until only a few students are left.

Character creation will be slightly complex and the rules for this rp will be more strictly enforced than usual. I’d suggest not participating if you’re not a sufficiently advanced rper.

• I’m interested
  • I may be interested
  • I’m not interested

0 voters

• Tag me
  • Don’t tag me

0 voters

• I’d like to help with planning
  • I’d like to help with signups
  • I’d like to help with fcs
  • I’d like to help with locations

0 voters

3 Likes

WORLD OF AVATAR

tenor
Fire. Air. Water. Earth.

The four nations live together in harmony—a feat achievable with the help of the Avatar, master of all four elements. Days of war and threats are long over, and the only responsibility left for the next Avatar is to keep what his predecessors have done for the world as it is.

With the passing of the former Avatar, a new one is born. Following the cycle, the new Avatar will hail from the Earth Kingdom. People were already confident about the fact that peace is in their world, not taking immediate action to find the next Avatar. To replace his absence, the United Republic of Nations agreed to form a guild of diverse fighters who’ll take responsibility in protecting and maintaining peace and order across all of the four nations. Everything went well…

… until a group of rogue benders surfaced without any warning. Their motivations were unclear, but one thing was for sure—they were after the powers of the Avatar. Now, The Guild has yet another responsibility to do—to join the game of finding the Avatar first, and to prevent another war to happen before he is even fully realized.

Further Information

This roleplay is set in the world of Avatar: The Last Airbender and the Legend of Korra, presumably after Korra’s era. The United Republic of Nations formed a guild where benders and non-benders can join to be in the place of the unknown Avatar, who is just a toddler during this time. The conflict, as stated above, is that there are these rogue benders whose motivation is said to be the powers of the Avatar. The Guild will have to stop them and, if possible, find the avatar first before they do.

This RP will be co-owned by me and @_snowflake.

• I’m interested!
  • Maybe I’m interested, tag me.
  • Maybe I’m interested, but don’t tag me.
0 voters

Also, we are open and in need of ideas and plans! Click on this poll below if you’re interested in planning or have an awespme idea to add!

• I want to plan/I have ideas!
0 voters

Have a pleasant day!

6 Likes

Prologue

Dust falls to the ground as the grand hall shakes. The Magical energy that fills the room as the circle of mages continue their chant. The Kings faces shows that he may already be regretting the decision to use such a spell, but he cal ill afford regret.

King Carthian The Third is the last of his line, his son killed only a few days ago against the hordes of the north. There aggressiveness has only gotten worse lately, the rise of a Hero among them means that even his bravest knights cannot stand against them. Fort Mars is barely holding the line.

As such he turned to Mertic, the Duke of Kirkwall and an accomplished Mage. There were rumours of elven blood in his veins. Not that it mattered to the King, if he could summon them a Hero of their own who would he be to complain.

His mind was drawn back to the hall by a sudden flash of light engulfing the room. followed by an explosion.

“Your Majesty!” Duke Mertic grabbed him and seconds later they were back in the capital.

“What happened!” He exclaimed.

“It went wrong sire. I did say there was a risk. It is likely that Kirkwall is naught but a ruin.”

“Well send ships immediately. We must help the survivors, if there are any.” He shouts to guards who are barely able to keep up. “And see if the spell worked.”

Premise

The premise of this RP will be that of characters brought from our world to this world by a Sorcerer. Upon landing in this magical world your character will be granted an change of race, a class and the blessing of one of two gods. At that point you can seek to follow the main plot or perhaps go seeking another adventure.

This will be a DnD inspired RP.

Character Info:
Characters can be of any age, it is really up to you. Along with race, gender etc.

Fantasy Races are all welcome. Though if you want something really obscure just ask me I’ll see if it works or not. The natives to the world are as follows:

• Humans
  • Elves
  • Dwarves
  • Orcs
  • Goblins (Beast Race)
  • Satyr (Beast Race)
  • Centaur (Beast Race)

Anything marked with (Beast Race) is a member of the enemy faction and will mean that player will possibly not received the warmest of welcomes from the people of Avrice.

Basic Rules (May be expanded on)

• Keep if Friendly
  • Critisim always welcome, along with Ideas
  • Remember it is an RP and keep it that way, no taking it out of the RP.
  • Death is possible, though you will be granted way to avoid it.
  • Interested, Tag Me
  • Interested, I might have a look
  • Interested, but needs work
  • Not Interested, needs work
  • Not Interested
0 voters
3 Likes

Yeah, I know, I’ve got other RPs stating and going on, but I just have to suggest the new ideas I get.

All For One, One For All

It was a coincidence that they all met. Each one had first gone to the hospital for their own reasons, but that’s how they all met. Each one was in a fight for their life. Some had friends or family for support, while others didn’t, but they all had each other. They each knew that any of them could end up dying, but they all held onto the hope that they Would all make it through. Then the day came that the person in the group that brought them all together, no longer had anything to hope for. All that any of them could do was to be there for each other and make sure they all got to finish off their bucket lists.

Basically this RP would be more of a small group. Each of the characters have some sort of serious illness (cancer, etc.), but one of characters would have been recently diagnosed as being terminal with only a short while left to live. The (20-something I’m thinking) characters are all coming together to help their dying friend finish his bucket list.

• I’m Interested
  • I’m maybe interested
  • I’m not interested

0 voters

3 Likes

Okay, I know I have three SGs going at the moment, though I have just made a story post on one and the other two are to come this week. (fingers crossed) However, @Nil suggested for me to do this again (after being part of it on EF) and how could I say no to that cutie?! Even though I said I wasn’t going to be part of any more RPs this year, my role in what I’m about to suggest is more one of the SG persuasion, so yeah…

Sort of another adventure story, but more RP-based…

Your character is the “hero” of the story and is hired to basically stop an impending war, not that they know this until the RP starts. They are hired-adventurers known only for the tasks they do and not for who they were before this chosen career path. They receive the “mission” or “quest” at the start and will undergo many challenges in order to complete it. Something is missing, or was it stolen, and they have to get in back in time before war breaks out. Your character chooses the path, their weapon, clothing, and even how they interact and battle. Will they be successful or die trying?

Again, this will be similar to the old adventure books/stories, where you get to choose your own path, except this time it’s a story I have created and completely planned out. It will be an RP, though a little different in how it’s run. You play as your character but I SG along with you, giving you setting, creatures, and just general events.

I am willing to play out multiple versions of the adventure for RPers, whether 1x1s or small groups.

So do you want to be part of this adventure?

• Yes, I wanna do a 1x1
  • Yes, I wanna be in a group of 3-4 people
  • I might be keen if you actually start it
  • Nah but I’ll read it
  • Nah, not my thing

0 voters

3 Likes

Would anyone be interested in some sort of slice-of-life university roleplay? There would only be a few events, mostly things like parties and midterms, so it would be very different from my other roleplays. I’ve just been feeling kinda down about not being able to go this fall, so I’m curious if anyone else would be interested in this or if I’m just weird.

• I’m interested, tag me!
  • I’m kinda interested, tag me!
  • I might join, no tag.
  • Not interested.

0 voters

Would you like to help out with the RP?

• I’d be willing to help with slides
  • I’d be willing to help with some events

0 voters

3 Likes

ahhh sorry i messed that up and didn’t make the first one public :pleading_face:

• Interested, tag
  • Kinda interested, tag
  • Kinda interested, no tag

0 voters

2 Likes

the revamp

The series follows two groups, a group of men and a group of women hoping to find love. For ten (rp) days in a speed dating format, the men and women date each other in different “pods” where they can talk to each other, but not see each other. Whenever they decided, they would be able to propose to the persom they want to marry.

After the proposal, and meeting face to face for the first time the next day, the engaged couples headed to a romantic couples retreat in Thailand. During this trip they spent time getting to know their partners and were able to meet the other couples participating in the experiment.

Following the couples retreat, the engaged couples moved to the same apartment complex. While at the apartments, they all met their partners’ families and explored their partners’ living conditions.

On the day of the wedding, the engaged couples carried out wedding ceremonies and needed to make their final decisions at the altar about whether to split up or get married, answering the question

8edbb9b49415c8b655f93930d8fe928e

• Yes! (Tag me)
  • Maybe (still tag me)
  • Maybe (don’t tag)
  • Not really my cup of tea sorry hun
0 voters

I was thinking of revamping this rp for a while now and I want to see if people actually want it I guess

Feel free to ask any questions my dms are open :sunglasses:

@LoveisBlind (Hey people that were in the original one maybe y’all are interested)

13 Likes

Based on the book the Grace Year by Kim Ligget

~This will be an SG~

In Garner County, teenage girls are told that they have the power to lure grown, married men from their beds and drive their wives mad with jealousy. They come into this magic in their seventeenth year, and so to rid themselves of this magic, the girls are sent into the woods for a year.

Every year, a group of seventeen-year-old girls go in and every year, not all of them come back. The lucky ones come back in jars and tubes, different pieces of their bodies being sold off to the people of Garner Country to try and retain their youth. The others are disappeared, their bodies nowhere to be found. These lost girls’ younger sisters take the brute of their punishment for not making it back, and they are banished to the Outskirts for the rest of their life.
Of the ones that return, they are not the same as when they leave. They are quiet, reserved; a broken husk of the girl they used to be, sporting new scars and missing limbs. The Grace Year is never spoken about between anyone—it is forbidden.

But every girl is aware of the approach of their Grace Year.

~

Innocence. Blood. Death.

~

The Grace Year is a year of survival. From the poachers who look to hunt their prey from the beasts hiding in the woods, there is danger lurking in every corner. However, the girls’ biggest threat, is each other.

further plot

The Grace Year will follow a group of seventeen-year-olds who will be doing their own grace year, which occurs right after the boys choose their wives from the group of girls. It will follow their quest for survival, exploration of their magic and chase/escape of the poachers that hunt them. Depending on interest, it’ll also follow some of the boys back home, some of the wives and some of the poachers.

• Ooh ouiii tag tag taggg
  • Hm, maybe, tag
  • Ehhhhhhhh, maybe, but no tag
  • No thanks ://
0 voters
8 Likes

Swapped

High school. A time to learn, socialize, and figure out who you are. High school is hard anyway, but doing it all in someone else’s life? That’s nearly impossible. Who would have thought that a regular day of school would lead to finding yourself swapping lives with another student. Waking up in someone else’s house, looking in the mirror at someone who isn’t you, all you know is that it must be because of Max Parker.

This was originally an RP I created back on the Episode forums, but unfortunately didn’t survive, so I’ve been thinking about bringing it back, but this time as an SG. So, who would be interested?

• I’m interested!
  • Maybe…
  • I’m not interested.

0 voters

5 Likes

So, my parents got me Disney+ recently and I found WoWP and started binging it. I wanted to make a similar Rp on here and see if it was popular first. The ideas I had were:

• Have everyone be one big family and compete for the full wizard powers.

• Divide everyone up into different families and make a “Tri-wizard Tournament” type to determine who the final three wizards are from each family.

• To possibly use the Harry Potter wizard world map for the WoWP wizard world (Except Hogwarts would be Wiztech) because it looks like we don’t see much of the wizard world in the series.

Thoughts? I am also looking for someone to manage it, I’m just an idea guy.

• Awesome Idea! (Interested, tag me)
  • Not a good idea (Eh maybe, still tag)
  • Stupid Idea! (Not for me, don’t tag, ty)

0 voters

5 Likes

Amadeus Prison of Magic

It’s your friendly neighboorhood Anichu back with a lax and not too complicated RP :kissing:

The schools of Amat and Deus has lived in toil for years.

In the school Amat they played with magic of the central elements: Fire, Water, Air, Earth, Sun and Moon. They consider themselves the servants of the elements and exist to keep the balance of them, and because of such while they have an affiliation with one element they can perform the spells of the others with counterweights.

Meanwhile in the school of Deus they consider themselves the rulers of the elements and as such they’ve divided them into twenty. They exist to bend the elements to their will and use it to further their goals in the world. Unlike the school of Amat, they bind themselves to the magic which they are affiliated with, preventing the use of any other spell or magic with or without counterweights.

After a normal school day in which they went to sleep in a normal fashion, they awaken in a bare room. Trapped in a unfamiliar place where they are unable to leave and are guarded by wardens. They have to explore and find out what’s the cause of this situation and if both sides can get along to get through this situation.

In this RP you’ll make characters for either school, each has their own philosophy and approach to things. There will be clues and timed SG posts, etc for those who want to solve the mystery and engage in it. But the end of this RP and it’s events is determined by you guys, my idea is for this to be lax and less complicated than my other RPs :3

• I’m interested - Tag
  • Maybe - Tag
  • Maybe - No Tag
  • No - No Tag
0 voters
5 Likes

For everyone who’s seen my Adventures with Dungeons and Dragons RP around and wondering what that was about, wonder no more! It is being revamped currently and we will all be starting a new adventure shortly!

A technical disclaimer–this will be using the D&D 5e rules, although they will be loosely applied based on my own terrible memory and what makes sense for RPing purposes. It will not be combat-heavy, however this will mean that character creation will be annoying, and the RP will be more rules-oriented in that way than others. Your characters can try to do pretty much everything, but they may not succeed. That’s the fun of it!

Now for all those of you who actually care about the plot:

Two towns have been feuding for almost as long as they’ve existed. There’s a rare magical artifact hiding in the ancient labyrinth between the two towns, and they both claim that they should gain control of the items inside. Unfortunately, neither of the towns have enough strong adventurers to actually investigate the labyrinth themselves, and most of the villagers try to avoid the labyrinth at all costs, believing that it’s cursed. Their conflict is spreading, and the feud is starting to affect trade and violence between the towns is at an all-time high. While no one’s forcing you to do anything, perhaps investigating that labyrinth and searching for the treasure inside will help end the feud while still getting some nifty rewards for yourself in the process.

• I’m definitely interested in joining!
  • I’m kinda interested in joining
  • I plan on revamping one or more characters
  • Not my thing
0 voters
  • Tag me
  • Don’t
0 voters

@Dungeoneers :wink:

5 Likes

Married at first sight

In this experiment a minimum of 10 and maximum of 20 singles will get matched based on science. However, the first time they will see each other is at the isle, ready to say I do to a complete stranger.

After they get married a fabulous honeymoon is awaiting them. Will they be able to connect or was science wrong? If they make it through the honeymoon a new stage is awaiting them, where they live together. All the couples in the same apartment complex, free to go out or see other couples. Weekly dinners with the whole group and commitment ceremonies, in which they decide whether to continue another week or leave the experiment. Will love be found and the marriages grow into a strong relationship, or will it end in drama and heartbreak?

In this RP me, and possibly a co host, will be matching the characters as well as possible in the role of the relationship experts. Still not sure on all the final details, but I guess this should be enough information for now!

Who would join?

• Interesting, I would join
  • Maybe, I would consider joining
  • Nah, not my thing, good luck anyway!
  • I would join and would be open to co host
0 voters
6 Likes

Added tags. (wink)

1 Like

Good news for all the RWBY fans here! I have decided to start a RWBY Rp. Please keep in mind that this is my very first Rp that I’m starting, so cut mr some slack.
What do you think?

• Yeah, I’ll sign up!
  • I’ll sign up, but I know nothing about the show(don’t worry! I’ll help you)
  • No thanks, I don’t want to sign up
0 voters
2 Likes

coollogo_com-3611765

The small town of Foxwood lives in piece and harmony, enclosed from the Dark Woods by the mystical force known as the Veil. Nobody knows what lies beyond the Veil, though many speculate that it’s a land of wonder and whimsy, beyond even the wildest imagination.

The townsfolk can only dream, though- because those that go beyond the Veil never return.

Yes, there are those that can go beyond the Veil- The Bonded. They can summon fantastic creatures that guide them through the Veil, into the world beyond.

You are part of a group of young Bonded that venture beyond the Veil, to perhaps find what lies outside of the town. You will undergo many trials and tribulations, and some of you may not survive. You must bond with your spirit creature to have a chance to reach the world beyond the Dark Forest.

Do you have what it takes?

• Sounds cool, tag me!
  • Maybe, tag me anyways.
  • No thanks, don’t tag me.
0 voters
3 Likes

Some cultures believe birthmarks are good and can bring you luck and happiness; others say it’s a bad sign of where you were killed in a previous life. And those in Salem? Well, they believed it was a sign of magic, a sign of witchcraft. Only two of those of those are true for these teens.

Magic, seasons, astronomy, and numbers have all had a correlation throughout lore and superstition. Some of those who are marked have begun experiencing latent magical abilities or have shown to have knowledge of ancient crafts from long ago. There is an ancient law in magic that a warlock or witch must return to a place of power, by midnight on the 13th of All Hallows Eve. In the US, that place is Salem, a place they’re drawn to. If they don’t, their powers will disappear and they will be normal.

There’s a plot to revive the horrors of Salem and spread them all around the world, to fill mortals with fear and paranoia until they destroy themselves. What will you decide: revenge for your ancestors, or to stop the coming threat with belief people have changed for the better?

• Cool idea! (tag me)
  • Bubble bubble, toil and trouble (Maybe)
  • No, thanks (not for me)

0 voters

5 Likes

Once again, I’ve got another idea I’m thinking about making!
This is still mainly a rough idea that I got from an episode of a Star Trek, so it could still use some planning, but it could be interesting.

Space RP with no title yet…

In the 23rd century, everyone at some point wonders what it would be like to live and work on a starship. Some eventually choose to join Spacefleet. When envisioning working on a starship, roles such as the captain or first officer, or the head of a department come to mind, but few on the ship have those titles and the responsibilities that come with them. Most on the ship are civilians, or those in the lower positions on the crew. You have to work your way up the ladder if you want to be in charge and have the recognition.

On a starship, anything can happen. It is hard to predict what crisis could occur on the ship, what planet you could be sent to, or what species (friendly or not) you could encounter.

Basically this RP will focus on the regular crew and civilians (not the large roles like the captain and such) on a starship. Most will be human, but there will also be humanoid aliens as well on the crew. Anyone will be able to submit an alien species (allies to Spacefleet, or enemies) of their own creation. There will be events and times where crew members will be sent out on missions.

Would anybody be interested?

• I am interested
  • I’m maybe interested
  • I’m not interested

0 voters

Anybody want to help?

• I want to help plan/run the RP.
  • I have some ideas for missions/events, but I don’t want to help run things.
  • I want to help with planning some alien species, but not the rest of planning the RP.

0 voters

3 Likes