Nice Funding Update!

Hi everyone!

For those of you who don’t know why I’d disappeared for basically a year, I have been studying to become a high school English teacher since September. As well as that, I have been able to secure about 15 hours of tutoring a week!

It’s been a gruelling process of 60+ hour work weeks and I am absolutely exhausted, but we’re almost at the end of this horrible time!

Come September, I will have a nice job that will be paying me about £600 a month more than I was earning at my previous workplace! I will be teaching 16-18 year olds English Literature and it’s going to be hard but amazing!

So basically, I will properly be able to afford the Forums in September because I will have a full-time, secure source of income and I won’t be on a poverty wage anymore!

FYI: the forums now cost about 200 a month and the website costs just over 500 a year. That means I spend around £250 per month on the Forums over all. I have help with that: about £50 a month from Patrons and donations on here, Ko-Fi and PayPal!

The next few months are going to be tricky, as the tutoring tends to dry up during the summer. However, once we get through that dry period, we’ll be in a good position and the Forums will no longer be at risk of underfunding! Then, the only real reason we’d close is lack of activity.

Thank you all for your support so far!

If you want to help me in June, July and August, feel free! Absolutely no pressure to do so, though!

If you would like to help but can’t afford a donation, please consider the following things:

• Read blog posts.
  • Promote Shani’s Tutoring on social media.

Thank you so much!

10 Likes

@Announcements thank you!

2 Likes

Woohoo! Congrats!

2 Likes

Congrats! You’ve worked so hard and you’re going to be an amazing teacher!

I’m about to begin my own journey in college toward being a teacher!

Quite honestly, I wish I could teach in the UK because it seems a little better to teach there than here in the US. Maybe in the future.

3 Likes