Ninth House | Official RP Thread

celestine beaumont

you keep me hangin’ on

━─━────༺༻────━─━

Twisting the edge of her heel as a way to kill time due to her growing disinterest in the conversation, she was left with little words to say but only a safe word used by many people from her circle as a way to reply to such questions, “Quite.” With a hidden smile slowly peeking from the hand she had placed upon her face, there were moments of wanting to politely go out of the way and simply have a drink of her choice: White Russian. As she sees it, she does deserve another set to ease herself from being too deep in a conversation as bland as unsalted potatoes.

With her interest piqued at the conversation of 60s fashion, she was slightly interested and pleased with the conversation as she had a certain form of appreciation and familiarity to the topic at hand—something that she had found interesting by herself and stuck as a way to differentiate herself from many others. If she has the money, why not choose something many struggle to even collect an immense amount at such a young age? In response to his quips, she had given him an appreciative smile, devoid of her usual boredom: “It’s not just love. Infatuation would be the proper word. I don’t know why the 60s has pulled me, something about the miniskirts or the colorful pallets future generations seems to dislike when incorporating in their wardrobes.” Her mind in deep thought as she looked down, playing on the rim of her glass, she uttered, “I truly dread to live in that time, but the way they styled themselves and the united agreement of the world wearing the style… it breathes a sense of timelessness that is not encapsulated by a little black dress or a white satin gown.” Drinking from the glass, she looked at Dante with a soft liveliness, she gave a sigh, not out of boredom but of relief and appreciation, “Timelessness is by state of mind, no? I guess I misuse my words at certain points. No, I don’t think I’m a standard as no one will look at me and become a part of their mood board, but I guess I mostly wear the way I wear out of pure fun. Not anyone is bothered to manicure their nails, do a wet set, tease their hair, wear toilet paper for preservation, wear a brassier and girdle, wear stockings everyday, do an ensemble dressing, and make a time to do their makeup and hair.” Celestine cleared her throat, drinking for the glass after listing her routine. “But… I like it, as much as it seems too much for everyone. But honestly, it is a form of control in… making an example. Like me. I’m sure they mostly do a blowout rather than a full on perm.”

Celestine shook her head in disbelief after his rejection in a suggestion of a rejuvenation in his style. Giving a small grin, she chortled. “I assure you, this isn’t a style overhaul. You already have components of what would be a style. I would guess you already dress like a rebel, no more than Marlon Brando or James Dean, so it wouldn’t be shocking for you to completely have some updates in your wardrobe. Just think of it having another collection in your leather jackets; its just now you have an authentic 1957 leather jacket from some greaser rather than some cheap plastic imitation of a leather.” Celestine came close to Dante as she whispered, desperately wanting to do something about his choices of clothing. Appreciating the bad boy look, she wants to shine a different light on a potential that could be tapped with the right stylist. “Even if you reject it, think of it as a gift from me; you wouldn’t want to reject a gift from a woman, right? I already have something planned for you, of course, if you are complacent to agree to a diamond offer.”

“You haven’t even offered a dance to me, I fear. I was only playing along if you knew what I was talking about. I was curious if you were even going to keep up with my charade. If you truly want a game, we can try and look around the guests here. See that young fellow?” Her eyes shifted to some random man, giving direction to what may happen if he truly wants to play a true game. “I heard an hour ago about some agreement with his family. Something about an oil business and setting it out straight. But I also heard from farther seats about taking care of a man with descriptions as close to him as… taking care of pests. Now, we could play guardian angel and subtly warn him about a certain drink he will be about to drink. Typical method, but in here would be inappropriate. I would bet that the concoction is an emetic, then the plan will take place.” Looking back at Dante, she gave a mischievous smirk, unlike her, a certain form of excitement that usually is seen when planning something grandiose. “I have a hunch that this oil agreement is a way to save his family from debt, probably finding an opportunity to raise their predicament. Or maybe that oil agreement is something more, exploiting workers so as to make a message, hence 'setting it straight’. But who knows, unless we interfere, it would just unfold us into an unnecessary chaos. Too much, but fun to look from afar.”

Celestine was rather entertained by conversations such as these. The amount of mind games she had endured caused her to think slightly about the words she had to say. Despite the need to think, she was rather pleased to exercise what she had learned. With a sigh of amusement, she looked at him with such dignified confidence and said, “That is true. But shine is just appearance. We can argue that no one can tell, as it is just as luminous as gold. But let’s be real: fool’s gold is fool’s gold. It’ll flake and crumble, unlike gold, which will gouge and leave an indent. As they say, heavy is the head that wears the crown. Luminosity can’t compare to the weight gold has.” Tapping her head, she looked at him with some reassurance, “Besides, why defend comedy pyrite? Shouldn’t you be striving for gold? As I said, strive for quality, not quantity. Why settle for less when you can have more?”

“I can’t argue with that analogy. Our mind is as complex as the garden itself. Finding such beauty to the point of being entangled in a contraption made to be so complex as to perplex the knowledge of man. Admiration can spiral out of the mind to explore further, becoming prey to the gardens as they dug themselves too deep in the quest of finding pretty little flowers.” Such ideas made her mind numb in thinking of ways to reply to his questions. She had an agreement with all his interpretations, yet she found herself needing to defend what she had placed upon herself. Maybe it was by reflex, but a game of chess is not something you could leave unless one admits defeat. Continuing on, she gave the same thoughtful cadence she had brought out: “Of course, the gardens are still a place for admiration and serenity, even if you say that they will consume one with the secrets they hold. Even if you say it is inevitable for anyone to come out as safe from the gardens, one must never forget the purpose of the very same building they have been assigned to. If the gardens are a place for serenity and admiration, they have to comply with it, as betraying their purpose defeats their design. To be drawn to its beauty is part of the gardens; you usually come out clean once you stop by and admire the flowers.”

His tone irked Celestine a bit—such a playful tone, yet it was as if he hadn’t even stopped to think that she was slightly dejected from his viewpoint. Keeping up the ruse, she contained the same formal tone yet kept a weaker smile so as to make it seem less pressing for him and others to see. “Men usually do notice that first. What do they say? Do they like the look but not the personality? They like the makeup but want to see the real girl. To reiterate my point, is it only my style that is worth conversing about, or are you just here to ogle at it until you have an opportunity to slide it right off? It was fun to talk about my style, but we can move on to other topics like the weather or how am I doing after that quip of yours?” With the same tone of formality, she responded back, “That… is my point. Butterfly effects range from simple to big changes. There is nothing really to split hairs when a point is made.”

“Yes, yes, so that I can be the jovial piece of arm candy to compliment that sleek style of black you totally have.” Celestine rolled her eyes to respond back with such a playful manner. She wanted to maintain such energy, regaining an amount of energy she had so as to amp up the ruse. Keeping the dramatic elegance she flared, she looked back at him with glorious disbelief. "Besides, my mother’s imagination is not that vivid to make a statement. There is truth; she’s been one and many others. There may even be women from your generation once we go back to women not being allowed to vote. So are you implying that our plights and limited rights are simply our imagination? A woman’s hysteria? Fiend! "

The playfulness would soon end after a couple walks and a meltdown later on as the sound of silence consumed the place around them. There was a different energy that came out after everything had taken place. Thoughts ran through her mind as she made a fool of herself, running back to moments where she could’ve handled the situation differently from what she had already done. Still slumped on the hedges, she had heard a different tone from Dante that she had not heard before. Not the playful demeanor nor the insightful aura he had displayed a while back, yet a sound of worry—guilt, perhaps. Her back still turned to him, and she gave a weak, mocking chuckle. “Easy for you to say.” She had some strength to muster up words, yet she had felt a shiver in her voice if she would utter even an ounce from him. Despite her mind’s protest, she continued on with a struggling tone: “Says the one who mentioned my delightful rambles, my dear. Yeah, go on and forget everything you said and change the narrative of liking my f*cking company. I… don’t even know why… forget it.” Rubbing the droplets forming in her eyes, she saw her makeup from the gloves smudging around. In hurried frustration, she ripped out both gloves with a sense of loathing. Her mind wandered at the thought of why anyone would even want to be with her. She wasn’t great company, and she knew it. His concern and assurance of this rest gave her a certain form of frustration. She expected to be berated; even being violently thrown a piece of clothing at her as compensation for her attitude. Whatever it was, she felt miserable and grew angry looking at her manicured hands.

Its grim silence hummed across the fields as both of them took a good amount of silence. Her defeated attitude would soon be regained as she picked herself up using things that she had been taught and mastered through years of teaching. Despite her confidence sprinting back out, she still snickered at his tone of playfulness. With a tiny bit of annoyance in her tone, her eyebrows raised. “I could’ve slipped something in your drink if I wanted to, you twit. Even if I wanted to pry into your secrets, it’d only take a connection or two to know you front and back. But such matters are beneath me, and I prefer playing the long game.” Laughing at his overt confidence, she shook her head as she looked at him with utter disbelief. “Usually, bold means to make an intentional decision confidently. I don’t really define bold as obviously making a mistake to name me when I haven’t even introduced myself, but lets just support your delusions and move on from that.” As she tapped her heels with hearing his statements, she couldn’t help but mockingly laugh at him. “I am well aware of the dance that lingers around a masquerade. Don’t you forget, I have danced in the game so much that I could perform it in my sleep. Usually my boldness wouldn’t be this upfront had you not been so… openly confident in showing your true identity like a lunatic running around naked in the streets.”

As his statement began, the wait of this journey piqued her interest as she followed through every direction he had given her. With some confusion, she had wondered quite a lot of things, including why he was quite determined on this journey. Tapping on his shoulder, she looked at him with slight confusion and said, "And to whom are you referring to as ‘he’? I did not expect a third party to come, and I do not care that I look obvious. Who is he? I have my mask unfolded, and I could be implicated in whatever is happening! "

━─━────༺༻────━─━

@Jass - Dante

4 Likes

Atlas Theodore Alstone

⊱—⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅—⋅༻༺⋅—⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅—⊰

The girl began walking towards them without a skipping a beat, as if she’d sensed Atlas would wave to ask for help. That gesture, though it brought temporary reassurance, still left so much uncertainty concerning what would come next. Could she really help, or had she joined them out of curiosity? Atlas felt the tension in the air rising with each of her steps, watching as she navigated through the crowd. Tugging on the collar of his shirt again, his eyes darted between the stranger and Esther lying unconscious on the bench.

It wasn’t long until the girl arrived, and Atlas gave her a weak smile and a nod to confirm. He took a step back as she made her way to the sofa, but still close enough to look over her shoulder. As she caressed Esther’s face, Atlas held his breath in anticipation. Her hand began to glow gold, followed by a faint sound that resembled a song. The noise of the crowd and the music in the background muffled her voice, and Atlas found himself leaning closer, as if entranced by her ability. His eyes remained locked on the girl as she continued to sing, her angelic voice causing a calming wave to wash over him. Whatever she was doing it seemed to work, with the energy and glow emanating from Esther’s body.

As the girl’s spell faded and she returned to normal, Atlas blinked a few times to bring back his focus to reality. “Oh, uh, hi,” he returned her greeting, his mouth still slightly agape. He still felt like he wasn’t fully present, his thoughts occupied by Esther and this mysterious girl’s magic. “Thank you so much, I—” his speech was cut off as he saw a movement in the corner of his vision. His head snapped towards it. It was Esther, slowly getting up from the sofa.

“You’re okay!” Atlas shouted immediately after, stepping closer to kneel down beside her. “I don’t think it’s the best idea to get up so soon, maybe you should lay down,” he advised, his tone mostly calm though a hint of panic lied underneath. Their eyes met and he could see the unease hidden behind her mask. Atlas held back his next words, standing back on his feet and taking a step back. Esther jumped to her feet, and he put his hands forward as if to stop her, but froze in the process. His mouth hung open but he couldn’t speak, watching as she thanked the girl and turned on her heel right after. She ran before he could even react, and he was left standing in silence, unsure of what to do.

“Wait…!” he shouted weakly, his voice trailing off and blending in with the background. She didn’t turn back, didn’t even pause, only became a silhouette in the crowd the further she walked. Defeated, Atlas let out a sigh and lowered his arms. He thought, would it be wise to run after her when she’s in such a vulnerable state?

He turned towards the girl, looking into her eyes with an uncertain expression. “Is she going to be okay?” he asked, followed by a hollow laugh. “Your magic must’ve done wonders for her, if she could get up like nothing even happened.”

He shot a short glance into the crowd once more, letting out a sigh. “I want to go look for her, but…” He looked into the girl’s eyes, his brows clearly furrowed this time. Though he didn’t speak, he hoped the silence would betray his hesitation to ask for help.

⊱—⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅—⋅༻༺⋅—⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅—⊰

@Mouschi Esther Ruth Dubois
@raviola Desdemona Sevdaliza

2 Likes

Copy of Copy of Copy of Silas

𓆩⟡𓆪 𓆩⟡𓆪 𓆩⟡𓆪

“We could always talk about the sky, architecture or photography,” Thalia suggested awkwardly, “Actually let’s not talk about photography! I never really liked it anyways,” she chuckled nervously, realizing her own aversion. “Is it just me or has the sky started not to look as blue as before?” Thalia glanced upwards, only to remember they were indoors at a masquerade ball, her cheeks flushing red.

At least, she does not know who I am, Thalia thought, resting the urge to bury her face in her hands and cringe at herself physically. Maybe she really should not have drank so much, then told herself it was to honor Miles and Serafina, two people she did not even know very well, but had gone missing.

In her own defense, it was not like Thalia had intentionally set out to drink so much. She couldn’t even recall when she had downed three glasses of alcohol. She wished she had remembered to stop herself, considering she had classes the next day. But it seemed the world was never in her favor, was it?

Apparently not, as Thalia struggled against the haze threatening to cloud her mind, attempting to grasp onto the fraying threads of coherence. She straightened her posture, hoping to appear more composed despite almost losing her balance and staggering backward.

“I think you need to get out of here,”

Thalia blinked, flinching slightly at the woman’s abrupt declaration. In that moment, a fleeting sense of panic washed over her, but then a glimmer of realization sparked in her foggy mind. This could be her escape plan, a convenient excuse to avoid delving into the uncomfortable topic of the photograph she had taken of the girl.

"I couldn’t agree more, great minds think alike no~ " Thalia blurted out, seizing the opportunity to extricate herself from the situation. Thalia pointed in a direction that led to nowhere in particular as she said, “You know what, let me just… bye!” With that awkward farewell, she turned on her heel, intending to make a hasty exit on her own.

However, in her intoxicated state, Thalia’s exit was far from graceful. She stumbled forward, colliding with something solid and sharp. Pain shot through her nose, and she couldn’t help but let out a yelp of surprise. Her tan skin reddened with embarrassment as she staggered back, clutching her injured nose.

The girl’s firm grasp on her arm steadied her, pulling her outside the building. As they stumbled outside into the cool night air, Thalia felt a wave of relief wash over her as she touched her throobing nose. The oppressive atmosphere of the ballroom seemed to lift slightly, replaced by the quiet serenity of the outdoors. But the respite was short-lived, as the woman’s question pierced through the silence, pulling Thalia back into the harsh reality of their predicament.

"“My… my room?” she echoed, her thoughts spinning in a dizzying whirlwind. She racked her brain for a coherent response, "I’m a cipher!’ is all Thalia could muster, where was her room again even? It was room 134- no no that did not seem right, it was actually the room to the left as soon as you reached the Cipher campus and ventured inside, or was it too the far left or far right?

Wherever it was, Thalia couldn’t remember right now, especially as her stomach churned uncomfortably, fighting the urge to double over and retch. The combination of alcohol and disorientation left her feeling nauseous, her senses overwhelmed by the cacophony of sounds and sensations assaulting her.

She shot the woman a pleading look, her eyes wide with desperation . “Are… are there any available toilets?” Thalia managed to choke out, her voice trembling with uncertainty. “I think i’m going to-,”

@novella

3 Likes

Copy of Copy of Silas (1)

[౨ৎ]

Amani found herself wishing she had simply walked away, casting a glance down at the diminutive figure of Aurora, who, though not short, seemed small in comparison to her. But leaving abruptly was bound to cause a scene, and Amani worried she might be summoned by Aurora’s '‘lovingly’ creepy father with a seagull beak that acted as a replacement for a nose for allegedly ‘disrespecting his daughter and refusing to apologize,’ as perceived by onlookers. Amani had never been called to the principal’s office in her entire school life, having been a diligent student, and she preferred not to start now.

“That’s just ridiculous, why would I do that? Just apologize to me”

Amani would sooner leap off Mount Olympus, akin to baby Hephaestus, or perhaps as Aurora’s parents should have done upon hearing her cry, than apologize to Pippi Longstocking, especially for something Amani hadn’t even done. Even if Amani was going to fake apologize, she should have at least let her done it, instead of jumping to play whatever this game was.

“Aurora, it’s okay,” Amani began, her voice laced with what she hoped passed for genuine sympathy to the onlookers. “I understand you’ve been seeking revenge ever since you saw me kiss him, but the truth is, he kissed me, not the other way around. Despite our tense relationship, I’d never intentionally hurt you.” Except of course, when the urge to slam your face to a wall and pray you break your little nose, takes full control of Amani.

“I tried to explain, I even followed you, I did not know you were dating him, and I didn’t realize he had feelings for me. I knew you liked him, and that’s why, even though we weren’t friends, I rejected him for your sake.” Of course, there was no ‘him’; Amani preferred not to associate with the people associated with Aurora, and even if there was truly a him, Amani would not have turned him down if she knew Aurora liked him; Amani would have kissed him when she knew Aurora was watching, and made him tell her all the things Amani did better than Aurora, not to fuel Amani’s ego—because trust, Amani’s ego—was already high enough—but more so to wound Aurora’s ego.

“But you still blamed me, even when I tried to clarify things. It’s always the girl who gets blamed in situations like this,” Amani lamented, her expression carefully composed to convey sadness, though the mask helped conceal her true emotions. Turning to the crowd, she appealed to their sympathies. “It’s tough being a woman, constantly pitted against each other,” she declared, before directing her attention back to Aurora.

“I’ve always respected you for being thoughtful and kind, so I didn’t mind if you were angry with me. I understood you were just upset,” Amani continued, feigning compassion in her voice. “Being the headmaster’s daughter must be challenging, right?” she continued, “After all, when was the last time someone had asked you how you felt?” She added, layering on fake empathy, and biting the urge to add something else that will sound like obvious mockery. “But I never imagined you’d fully blame me for what happened, let alone try to throw a drink at me!” Amani said, her voice trembling, “And then when you slipped, you tried to blame it on me, when I just stopped back into the party from being in the bathrooms” She turned to an outlooker, giving her a look that Amani hoped presented itself as pleading through the mask, “You saw me right? I had disappeared and then I just recently came back.” The outlooker nodded, as if in deep thoughts and the crowd began to mummur.

Amani resisted the smile coming up her face. Amani has always been a good actress, after all she always portrayed the image of a ‘good warm loving girl’ in front of elders and her siblings, it was also the fact that she was lucky enough to have had someone seen her just entering back into the party.

“Be careful what you talk about.” Aurora had muttered, and Amani eyes brightened, amused. “Or what you will send daddy to me? Tell him to lock me up in a cage, like he did North and the other missing students.” Amani whispered back, only loud enough for Aurora to hear, and so quiet the others could not hear. “You’re not the only one with a powerful father, Beany, if Headmaster seagull tries something, my father will react” she whispered back, before she straightened herself, and smiled. “But it’s ok, I forgive you.” Amani said, it was more so directed at the crowd to hear, than for Aurora.

“I did what?” Amani asked, feigning a shocked expression, taking a step back. “Oh dear,” Amani said, her voice pitiful. “I’ve heard stress can make the mind wonder, but I never knew it was this bad.” She said, placing one hand on her heart and the other at her lips as she shook her head. “You shall thanking medications and stop playing whatever this game is, because you’re not going to win.” Amani whispered to Aurora, “You already stained your white dress, making yourself look like a clown, you’re quantum not an egnima, stop trying to play the circus freak.” She added, her voice going even lower.

Amani was already growing up, and thus she brought up Miles, loud enough for the whole crowd to hear., and loud enough to cause murmurs. Amani had not actually said his name of course, only that Aurora had told her something about someone whose name started with Mi. She had hoped that it would set Aurora off, and it had, just not in the way Amani had expected.

Amani stood there, stunned by Aurora’s unexpected move. The glass slipped from the unsuspecting student’s hand, and before Amani could react, Aurora had snatched it and deliberately spilled its contents onto her dress. A gasp escaped Amani’s lips as the cold liquid seeped into the fabric, soaking it through.

Fcking cunt , fck this game, Amani was going to-. No, no, Amani was not going to do anything right now. Yes, Amani’s first instinct was to lash out in anger, to hurl accusations and insults at Aurora for her reckless actions. But as she glanced around at the growing crowd, Amani realized that this was exactly what Aurora wanted – to draw attention away from something by having Amani react negatively, but to draw attention from what exactly? What had Amani missed.

Whatever she had missed or had not missed, Aurora seemed to have not known that Amani was not hot headed, she knew how to control her temper in front of crowds Amani took a deep breath, forcing herself to remain calm despite the surge of frustration coursing through her veins.

“It’s quite all right, Aurora,” Amani said through gritted teeth, her voice laced with forced politeness, “But if you simply wanted me to take of my dress, you could have just asked more privately and then I could have rejected you nicely,” Amani said, reaching into her purse and bringing out a napkin she used to wipe the stain off and some liquid that got in her skin, thank God she was wearing black. “I’m not as bad as you think, Dear, Aurora Dear.” Amani continued.

i’m actually, something much more worst- Amani wrinkled her nose at that, sounded corny, exactly like something he would have said. Anyways, with subtle flick of her wrist, Amani summoned shadows from the surrounding environment, weaving them into a cloak of darkness around herself. The shadows coalesced, swirling around her form like tendrils of smoke, cloaking her movements from prying eyes. “help me practice shadow, will you?,” Amani muttered, extending her control over the shadows, reaching out with invisible tendrils to ensnare Aurora’s arm. The shadows wrapped around her tightly, pulling her away from the crowd with a firm yet unseen force as she brought her outside, smiling and waving at the crowd, making it look like they were just to have a cute little conversation and work out their differences through the power of friendhip

As they reached outside the building, Amani pushed Aurora towards the walls with her shadows, careful not to cause enough physical damage, that would have Headmaster Seagull singing,off with her head.

“You fucking cunt ,” Amani said, now that they were finally alone, releasing the shadows. “What game are you playing at?” Amani began. After the argument with Vincenzo, Amani was not particularly in a forgiving and making amends mood. “And why do I have to be involved in it?” Amani snarled,

@astxrism

3 Likes

•]•·✦º✦·» ✦ «·✦º✦·•[•

•]•·✦º✦·» ✦ «·✦º✦·•[•

» Ballroom «

•]•·✦º✦·» ✦ «·✦º✦·•[•

“I hadn’t heard about that.” Ayla watched alarm plague her beautiful cousins face, and she felt bad she had brought it up in the first place. “Its probably nothing,”[/color] she noted, her ‘this shouldn’t affect’ us tone very apparent. “Especially after what happened to my brother… It’s hard not to let fear creep in.” But that did make sense to Ayla. Why shouldn’t Lyra look over her shoulder? It wasn’t like it was normal, to hear that people were missing. To have your brother vanish. Instead, Ayla took Lyra’s hand in hers, gave it a squeeze. “I know,” she murmured, tracing the places Lyra’s eyes had just scanned. Ayla was well aware that fear was a very real and scary thing. Difficult to break free once you’re under its clutches. “You’re not alone though, Lyra. I’ll keep an eye out, and I’m a only a text away.” Ayla wasn’t used to being emotional, so if Lyra needed a speech–she wasn’t getting one. This was Ayla doing the best she could. She honestly hoped in her bones that it sounded comforting.

"Sometimes it feels like the pain will never go away. Do you ever feel that way, Ayla? Like we’re just trying to fill a void that can never be filled?” She looked at her cousin with a mixture of sadness and understanding in her eyes. “I…” fear tugged at her insides this time, daring her to lie. Should she tell the truth? Admit this weakness? “…I do, feel that way sometimes, Lyra,” she admitted very quietly, her eyes downcast. Except I will fill it. Even if it k/lls me. The thoughts were intrusive. “But knowing we have each other helps.” Lyra’s words pulled her back out of her head. Ayla nodded in agreement, her heart aching for her cousin and the pain they both shared. “Yes, it does,” she replied softly, her thumb rhythmically drawing circles on the area between the thumb and index finger on Lyra’s hand.

“Having family here makes all the difference. We’ll get through this together, just like always.” Ayla couldn’t help but grin at her cousin’s warmth. It was infectious, and she felt a sense of belonging that she hadn’t experienced in a long time. It was like the pieces of her life were finally falling into place, and she was determined to make the most of it. “Yeah, it’s going to be amazing,” When she first had the opportunity–not that it had ever closed, but Lyra was a good excuse to get back into the magically inclined academic world–she had still been morning her bother, two years ago. Alex, her bother, has been dead seven years now. Lyra, had jumpstarted her ambitious side–at least towards magic, which she had given up between the ages fifteen and twenty, and although she kicks herself in the butt for this, Lyra coming to Ninth House made her realize the power she could hold. Learn to hold. Ayla dearly missed the feeling of walking into a room and automatically be instantly liked or either hated. She had forced herself into introvertism (?) for heavens sake! But now? She had a goal, and nothing would stop her. “It does indeed.” Ayla looked around the ball room. “Do you think they have anything stronger than champagne? I feel like I should drink now, so when I’m buried in school work I’ll know I used up all the drinking I’m permitting myself this school year,” She winked, twirling around looking, dress poofing out. She only sounded half joking.

•]•·✦º✦·» ✦ «·✦º✦·•[•

@Jass ✦ Lyra

3 Likes

ezgif-7-ab10566908

✩░▒▓▆▅▃▂▁ :sparkling_heart:▁▂▃▅▆▓▒░✩

"I find it hard to believe that someone as enchanting as you has no dreams”, Devon laughed softly at his statement, her features lit by a slow, playful grin forming on her lips. She acted coyly towards the charming gentleman, replying, Hey, I’m telling the truth, I don’t have it all figured out yet”. Her smile grew wider, the light glinting off her mask as she adjusted it. She tried to conceal her longing behind the mask, but the subtle gleam of desire in her eyes betrayed her. From her champagne-fueled lust down to him, all of her thoughts begin to drift into a different space.

"Everyone has a small fire in them. Is it almost out? Possibly. But until I’m dead, it’s still there. A little flicker. And I can’t let myself believe that your fire is out”. The words spewed from his mouth with effortless lyricism, like it was his natural ability. His voice was melancholic, but carrying a sense of hope, as if he was truly speaking from the heart. With a little pat on his shoulder, she offered slight reassurance, sensing the man’s seriousness when his statement mentioned death. ”Wow, I wonder what his thoughts sound like”, she thought to herself. Devon met his gaze with a warm smile, "Well, if you put it that way, I guess you’re right”. She raised a brow jokingly, "Don’t you have an answer for everything?”. With his words came a heaviness, a heaviness that Devon pondered on.

The man appeared to flinch slightly at her question, what she thought initially to be a harmless inquiry. Her smile faltered briefly as she hoped that she hadn’t upset him by mistake. Correcting her face, Devon tried harder to decipher him, but he wore a pensive look, his eyebrows pulled together, like he was in a deep thought. Then, as if he landed on his answer, his beautiful smile reappeared. "In 10 years, I see myself following my passion for writing. I’d probably go back to Norway, take over my piyāgē(father’s) hotel business. Experience new cultures and meet fascinating people”. With a soft exhale, she smiled again, tucking a loose strand behind her ear. While she may have no hopes and dreams as of now, she couldn’t help but feel happy for the alluring man. "Wow, that sounds great”, she began, "I love traveling, I’ve never been to Norway though, and a hotel business? Isn’t that interesting”. She giggled a little towards the end, amused at her own gushing.

Feeling the music and the atmosphere, Devon closed the distance between them, her lips mere inches from his ear. "Look up behind me”, she spoke, her voice barely above a whisper. "There’s a staircase”, she paused again, placing an arm on his shoulder, " I wonder where it leads . . .". Pulling away from his ear, Devon shook in excitement, "C’mon, I saw something up there!”.

@Tina.G - Oggy

3 Likes

Vinnie banner and colors later

She whispered in his ear and he huffed, waiting for her to cool her overconfidence. “You seriously think you’re special enough for me to obsess over you??” Vincenzo rebutted without hesitance. “I didn’t stop because yeah, revenge is nice, but at the end of the day, you’re not any different from the other girls. I guess you must just love yourself because no one else does. I was one of your only what, two friends? Because the other people in your life are definitely just using you for your body. I doubt any of them actually like you for the stuck-up b^tch you are.” She stared at him idly and he spoke for her. “This is me, Amani, mask off. Did you miss me?” Vincenzo exhaled, reflecting on her own speech. “But for the record, I didn’t tell Ren everything I told you.” Enzo admitted, his heart sinking just a little bit before he had to recover, showing his own arrogance again.

Then, once again, she tried to hit him where it hurt. And Vinnie knew what she was doing, but her knife still punctured his skin. He wished he could correct her about his parents, but the truth was that he did not even know how they died. He did not know who they were, he knew nothing. He only remembered the thoughts he had about it as a boy. He imagined his mom was a princess and his dad was a knight; they fought dragons together, and loved each other so much. He remembered telling himself that they didn’t keep him because they had the world to save; they were like superheros, and he was doing a noble thing by letting the world keep them as protectors instead of hogging them to himself. What Amani said made him feel like she saw through him, right into his heart where his inner child lived, and it was that little boy who she was insulting.

“Watch your fcking mouth.” He commanded. “And what do you know about love, either? You’ve never had a relationship in the four years I’ve known you, even though you let any guy have his way with you.”

Vincenzo turned his head down, clasping his hands together. He knew he shouldn’t act like that, so he collected himself to taunt her a bit more civilly. “I should have let you fall out that window, too.”

“And I think you’re a little mad.” Amidst his anger, a smile threatened to blossom on his lips, his blue eyes glinting. “Are you feeling insecure because of how easy it is to get past you? Because if I was in your place, I would be too. But I’m not, am I? As much as you try to dig at me with my past, I got what I wanted, and that kills you.”

He lowered his voice. “Come closer so you can hear me clearly.” But obviously, she didn’t listen, so he stood up off the bed to her height, and rose his hands to her sides sensually as he leaned closer with his mouth inches from her ear, just getting one last token of her memory.

“If I’m your little dog, good luck erasing my bite marks off your skin.” He whispered, smirking again.

Before she could paw him off, he dropped his hands to his sides and off of her hips. She gave him an angered expression as soon as he saw her again, but he knew she felt chills when he spoke.

After the fact, she complained about him once more. ”Oh no! I left you when I found out you were a poor, sad guy with no family and money and blah blah. Get over it,” she rambled, but if he was not mistaken, somewhere in that rant he caught a glimpse of the Amani he actually liked. But before he could catch her, call her out on her bullsh^t, because their argument had ended. He did not even notice before he had his mask on again, alone. He was angry, his heart concaved behind his lungs, he was crestfallen and furious.

Vincenzo left the room, a gust of wind hitting him as he left. He paced to his room, not even bothering to close the door behind him, and picked up his flask off the nightstand, took a swig, and walked back outside with the drink in-hand.

He needed something; somewhere to go.

So he stormed through the hall until he saw it. Since no one was supposed to be in the hallway during the masquerade ball, and it was half-past campus curfew anyway, all of the lights in the halls were off, so Vincenzo could only see through the light of glass walls and windows. It was a bit dark still, but in a better clearing of skylight, he saw the piano.

He slid onto the seat, tearing his mask back off, and the alcohol was finally taking effect. The room felt heavier, and his mind too light, his eyes taking a picture of the scene only for the camera to shake in the middle.

Looking at the instrument, he thought of a song to play, and unscrewed the top of his flask again, taking another swig.

Rum.

He swallowed, and it tasted almost sweet. The song came to him at once.

Putting the drink back, he placed his thick fingers on the keys of the piano carefully. Without much thinking, they guided themselves across the instrument, pressing deep into each note as the song readied for his words.

vibes - you can either listen to the lyrics or read the poem, whichever works

From a mothers breast
Dropped a liquid white
It fell like tear drops
seeped into the earth
In the dirt it hardened, calcified
It formed my bones
Dying before birth
I rose a skeleton….
I rose a skeleton.
Skin and flesh grew onto the surfaces like mold
My skin is blue
My face is pale
My only chance to glow happens under moonlight

So don’t blame me for being nocturnal
Don’t blame me for loving the truths that only come out at night
They’re just like me
The things you don’t talk about
They’re all I have
So when I have no one to talk to
I’ll tell my piano about us-

Before he could finish, footsteps sounded nearby. He looked up from the keys, and shining in the distant golden sparks from the ballroom, Vincenzo saw a woman in a beautiful navy dress, with a skirt covered in glitter that twinkled like stars. She seemed like she was lost, or perhaps confused. He wondered what she was running from, and Vincenzo could not discern her identity from far away, but as soon as he stopped playing, he saw her turn to face him. Her mask was gradated, with the brightest blue on the bridge of her nose, and her eyes were dark; piercing as they met his.

“Are you looking for something?” He asked, his serious features clear for her to recognize.

@Mouschi Esther
Mentioned:
@kristi Amani
@madilnel Ren
Hope this is good :face_with_peeking_eye:

4 Likes

≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫

“It can be.” He responded with a suggestive smirk. His dance partner was right, it was still early in the night and so much could happen. With the way that the taller man was holding his waist, he hoped that whatever did happen to him tonight involved him. His own arms were wrapped around the man’s neck. As they danced and he got more comfortable, and more tired, he leaned on him more and more. At one point, he was tempted to put his head on his partner’s shoulder but even though he had decided he was being bold tonight, he thought it might be too forward. After all, they had only just met and he didn’t even know his name yet.

He tried his hardest to keep himself from blushing while the man was complimenting him but he was unable to stop a shy smile from tugging at his lips. The smile became a smirk as the man teased him by saying he wouldn’t give him his name. “Giving me the Cinderella treatment? Are you going to run away at midnight?” He teased back. Though his hint of his name sounding like the word ‘song’ made Tae pause to think for a second about what his name could possibly be. “Wait. Is it an English name?” He asked, thinking of his own non-English name. He was hoping that he would at least be able to get that much from him if he won’t tell him what his name is.

Tae laughed a little when the other man mentioned having scared himself with his appearance but he couldn’t deny that it made him a little sad because he thought people wouldn’t want to talk to him. Then he mentioned meeting a fine guy and Tae blushed when he told him that he was talking about him. “Well, I definitely found you mysterious but I don’t know that scary is a word I would use. Especially now that I’ve gotten to know you. I think you are the farthest thing from scary.” He reassured him. Tae was usually more of a reserved person and so he found something about the man’s rambling to be comforting since he didn’t have to speak as much. “I think the film you’re thinking of is Harry Potter but anyways, my favourite genre of music is alternative. I really like Avril Lavigne but lately I’ve also been into this Korean band called The Rose. I don’t sing but I do play guitar.”

As the dancers began to disperse, Tae felt a tap on his shoulder. It was his dance partner, who was offering for them to go somewhere where people won’t be looking at them. He had an idea of what he was suggesting and he was curious to see if it would go in the direction he was thinking. “Well, we could always go up to my room. I could show you my record collection.” He suggested with a mischievous grin. There were some other…activities that they could do in his bedroom but he decided to keep it PG13 while there were people who could overhear. The other man took Tae’s hand and lead him away from the ballroom but after a moment or two, turned back to him looking confused. “I take it you’re new here, then?” He already had a suspicion about this but it was hard to tell with the masks and even if he wasn’t, it was entirely possible that they just hadn’t interacted before for whatever reason.

≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫

@cordyx - Seung-Min

5 Likes

Renlin
So the speech was probably not the best idea. Now he sat in Adrian’s office, feeling not so out of place. Did this mean they were on a first-name basis now? Renlin had been escorted in by a professor, who seemed uninterested in Renlin’s attempts at small talk. He had tried to lighten the mood with casual questions about the professor’s summer, any adventures he may have had, or even jokingly asking about retirement plans. But the professor was not having it, maintaining a stoic demeanor throughout the short journey to Adrian’s office. So here he sat now, in the presence of the man in charge, listening intently as his name was spoken.

Renlin chuckled nervously. “Oh, you know how it is, sir. Just trying to keep up with the family reputation,” he replied, attempting to downplay any notion of his own accomplishments compared to his sister’s. Renlin smiled wryly, nodding. “I’m sure she’ll be thrilled to hear it,” he said, trying to maintain a casual demeanor despite the tension in the room.

“I like you Renlin. You ask the right questions,”

Renlin shifted slightly in his seat, a hint of surprise crossing his features. “Thank you, sir. I try to stay curious, you know?” Internally, Renlin chuckled at the irony. Curious? Was he really? Most people probably thought he had rocks for brains. But there was a spark of interest in him, buried beneath layers of nonchalance and sarcasm. It was true that he often found himself pondering about the mysteries of the world, in his own unconventional way.

Renlin’s mind wandered to the mysteries that often filled his dreams. Strange, unsettling visions that he dared not share. They were his problem, haunting him in the dead of night and leaving him restless come morning.

Few knew of these nocturnal secrets, and Renlin preferred to keep it that way. The things he had seen, the horrors he had witnessed. Sometimes, he wished he could erase those memories, wipe the slate clean.

The speech, unplanned and spontaneous as it was, felt like a manifestation of those subconscious musings. Whatever the reason, Renlin couldn’t deny the nagging suspicion that his dreams held the key to unlocking some greater truth.

Renlin leaned back in his chair, getting comfortable as he contemplated Dean Adrian’s words. He crossed his legs casually and rested his hands behind his head, adopting a nonchalant posture despite the seriousness of the conversation.

Renlin mustered a grin, trying to inject a hint of humor into the tense atmosphere. “Well, you know me, always keeping things interesting. Can’t let the party get too dull, now can we?” He offered a playful wink, hoping to lighten the mood despite the gravity of the situation.

Renlin quirked an eyebrow, a playful smirk tugging at the corner of his lips. “Are we censoring what people can and can’t say now? Where’s our freedom of speech?” he quipped, adding a hint of sarcasm in his tone.

Renlin feels a bit apprehensive about saying too much around the dean, cautious not to reveal too many of his thoughts. However, he also maintains his trademark confidence, ensuring he doesn’t sell himself short. What’s the worst that could happen to him? He could disappear too. If that were to happen, he’s confident he has people who care enough about him to do something about it. But Renlin is just a guy who likes to talk, hopefully, this is what the dean knows him for as well.

Still he maintains an air of nonchalance, as if he’s not too concerned about the outcome of this conversation. It’s a subtle display of assurance, a silent assertion that he’s not intimidated by the dean’s authority.

“What’s it like being in power here? Ever think about who’ll take over after you? Aurora, I’m sure is a strong contender. Would she though? Do you have a favorite student you’d recommend? Just my opinion, but an Umbra member would be ideal.”

Renlin’s words spill out in a casual yet probing manner, his tone carrying a hint of mischief as he navigates the conversation with the dean. His questions, though bold, are delivered with a touch of irreverence, suggesting a certain audacity in challenging authority. As he speaks, Renlin’s body language remains relaxed but attentive, his posture signaling both confidence and a readiness to engage in further discourse.

@astxrism

6 Likes

Copy of Black Minimal Motivation Quote LinkedIn Banner (1)
Inessa couldn’t help but shake her head. How dumb could Renlin be? she thought to herself. She chuckled inwardly, knowing all too well the answer to that question. Despite her fondness for him, she couldn’t help but wonder how he managed to be the older sibling. Renlin had a knack for getting into situations, often leaving Inessa feeling like her eyes were going to pop out of her head from all the eyerolls she gave him. It was a dynamic they had perfected over the years.

Renlin had rarely needed to save her. She was calculated, methodical in her approach, while he was reckless, often diving headfirst into situations without much thought, clearly. She prided herself on her organization and planning skills, while he embraced chaos and spontaneity.

Inessa couldn’t help but see the contrast between them as a sort of yin and yang, complementary forces that, despite their differences, somehow balanced each other out. While their approaches to life may have been vastly different, there was an undeniable synergy between them that had endured throughout their lives.

Yes, Inessa couldn’t deny a sense of relief that someone else had saved Renlin this time. While she loved her brother dearly, constantly rescuing him from his own recklessness took its toll.

Inessa welcomed the change of pace, grateful that someone else had stepped in to take care of him for once. The opportunity to speak with an old friend. Arya’s words brought a smile to Inessa’s face, appreciating the compliment. Inessa couldn’t help but feel a sense of comfort in Arya’s presence.

“I’ve been navigating,” Inessa responded, her tone measured as she chose her words carefully. She maintained her usualness. Inessa was always determined to project an image of self-assurance.

It had been a while since Inessa had last had a conversation with Arya, personal reasons have kept them apart. However, in this moment, she made a conscious decision to set those reasons aside. Recognizing the value of their friendship and the opportunity for connection, Inessa chose to prioritize their bond over any lingering reservations.

Inessa couldn’t help but exhale a breath she didn’t realize she had been holding, a genuine smile tugging at her lips in response to Arya’s observation. With a nod of her head, she acknowledged the truth in Arya’s words.

“Yeah, you could say that,” Inessa replied with a chuckle, appreciating Arya’s ability to find humor in the situation. “But I suppose that’s just Renlin being Renlin.” Inessa’s response carried a hint of fondness, tempered with a touch of amusement at her brother’s antics.

“I think that’s why I love it here so much,” Inessa chimed in,a glint of appreciation in her eyes. Despite the occasional chaos and unpredictability, there was something undeniably captivating about the school, a vibrancy that kept her coming back for more. Inessa found comfort in the dynamic nature of their surroundings, relishing in the vibrancy of their shared experiences

@CerealKiller

5 Likes

freya

⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ ◯ ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆

Freya had to just stand in bewilderment as this girl suggested alternative subjects. Could she not hear what she was saying to her? “I don’t…” Freya tried, but then gave up mid-sentence. She really wasn’t sure how else she could phrase it in a clear way. As this masked girl glanced up, Freya looked around, trying to find the nearest exit to plan how she could get to it. Though she didn’t have long enough, as the girl quickly met her gaze again, keeping Freya in this very dysfunctional conversation.

Before she knew it, the two of them had found an exit route and were standing outside. Although, the girl had tried to travel solo, which Freya would have let happen if she hadn’t hit her head in transit. Well now she definitely couldn’t be alone. So, alas, the two of them stood and this girl deemed herself unhelpful in Freya’s search for where she could walk her back. “You’re… cipher. Okay,” She repeated in wonder as to how that information can be utilised. Nothing. Nothing was coming to her here.

Her train of thought was interrupted by this girl as she asked for the nearby toilets. Freya had been mid-focus, and she instinctively went to say ‘Not now,’ until she looked up and realised the urgency of the situation. Instead, Freya wasn’t able to give any answer, and she had to think a little more on her feet. Which found her stepping forward to pull the girls curls away from her face as she leaned forward and let out clearly immense volume of alcohol she had been consuming.

When it seemed to be over, Freya stood back up again. Now they were back in the same predicament as before. Where to get her to. “So… do you need to- where could we…” Freya tried, talking around in circles. Getting her somewhere was more crucial considering she was injured. “I mean my room isn’t far from here,” She suggested, scratching the back of her neck slightly. Though she wasn’t sure why she was making it an open debate, considering this girl was in no place to make any input. “Come on, it’s this way,” Freya told her, making the decision, as there didn’t seem to be any other choice.

⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ ◯ ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆

@Kristi Thalia

4 Likes

Ballroom || with inessa

As Inessa’s words washed over Arya, she couldn’t help but feel a sense of ease settle within her. her eyes lingered on Inessa, noting the genuine smile that graced her friend’s lips in response to her words. The sight brought a sense of satisfaction to Arya, a subtle confirmation of the connection that still existed between them despite the passage of time and the reasons that had kept them apart, there was an unspoken understanding between them, a silent acknowledgment of the bond that had bound them together. After all, they remained friends for all these years for a reason, the bond is there.

“Navigating, huh?” Arya echoed, her tone carrying a hint of intrigue as she met Inessa’s measured response with a knowing nod. She understood all too well the complexities of navigating the intricacies of life at Ninth House, not to mention life in general, each twist and turn presenting its own set of challenges and opportunities.

Arya’s eyes twinkled with amusement as she nodded along with Inessa’s assessment of Renlin’s antics. “Renlin’s always been a wildcard,” she agreed with a grin, her voice laced with ever so slight remains of fondness barely left in her for her friend’s brother, despite his penchant for dramatics and… all the rest of it. “But I guess that’s part of his so-called charm.”

Despite the occasional chaos and unpredictability, Arya found herself nodding in agreement with Inessa’s sentiment about Ninth House. There was something undeniably captivating about the dynamic atmosphere of their surroundings, a vibrancy that kept her coming back for more, like a moth drawn to a flickering flame. Arya’s gaze swept across the ballroom, taking in the familiar faces and the whispered conversations that filled the air. Each interaction held the potential for intrigue, every corner hiding secrets waiting to be uncovered.

As she moved through the ever changing crowds, Arya’s steps were deliberate, her senses attuned to the subtle shifts in energy around her at all time. Arya remained acutely aware of the underlying sense of caution that permeated her every step.
“It is a place like no other,” Arya murmured, her voice carrying an air of intrugue laced with underlying resentment.
In a place where nothing could be trusted and everything held the potential for deception, with secrets lurking around every corner, Arya knew better than to let her guard down. It was a lesson she had learned the hard way, a reminder that in Ninth House, one must always be prepared for the unexpected, and nothing could be taken at face value.

You would all come to understand that at one point or another.

“Want to go check out the bar?” she suggested, taking her mind off everything and trying to simply enjoy the party

@Madilnel

4 Likes

Lyra

Upon hearing Ayla’s reassurance, Lyra nodded in acknowledgment but still harbored lingering doubts. She responded with a soft-spoken yet probing tone, expressing her worries while trying to understand Ayla’s perspective.

“It’s just… Ayla, I know you’re trying to reassure me that it’s nothing, but… with everything that’s happened… I can’t help but feel uneasy,” Lyra said, her voice tinged with a hint of apprehension. “I mean, after what happened… we can’t ignore the possibility that there might be something more going on. What if it’s connected to… to Lysander’s death? We still don’t know what really happened to him, and if there’s something dangerous going on here, we need to be careful.”

Her gaze lingered on Ayla’s face, searching for any sign that her cousin shares her concerns. Despite Ayla’s attempt to downplay the situation, Lyra’s remained vigilant and kept a watchful eye on their surroundings. “I just, I really hope you’re right that it’s nothing”

Upon feeling Ayla’s hand in hers and hearing her words of reassurance, Lyra’s nerves faded a bit, and she offered a faint smile, grateful for the connection and understanding. She found comfort in knowing that Ayla is there for her, even if they both struggle to articulate their emotions openly.

“Thank you, Ayla,” Lyra replied softly, her voice filled with genuine gratitude. “It means a lot to know you’re here for me. And I’ll be here for you too, always.” With a gentle squeeze of Ayla’s hand in return, Lyra conveyed her appreciation and solidarity, drawing strength from their shared bond amidst the uncertainties that lie ahead.

Lyra knew that her cousin sometimes struggled showing her emotions, so it meant a lot for her that Ayla had been able to confide in her that she felt the same way. “I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels that way sometimes, Ayla. It’s reassuring to know that we can be honest with each other about our struggles.” Lyra spoke softly, her voice gentle and supportive. “It means a lot to know that we’re not alone in feeling this way. We’ve both been through so much, and it’s okay to struggle sometimes.” She put a reassuring hand on her cousins shoulder.

A small smile painted her face as she continued talking, “I want to do something to honor his memory here at the school, something that celebrates the person he was and the love we still carry for him in our hearts. It won’t erase the pain, I know, but maybe it’ll give us a chance to come together, to share stories, to create something beautiful out of our memories.” Lyra’s idea was not merely fueled by a desire to celebrate her brother, no, especially since he had joined Ninth House, Lysander had gotten more distant. Maybe through the memorial, Lyra would get a chance to know who Lysander was in his years here, and who knows, maybe even get some insights in what lead to his death. “I’d love for you to come!” She said, her voice carrying a hint of happiness once again.

Lyra’s excitement bubbled up within her, fueled by the reassurance and support of her cousin that they were going to have an amazing time. The prospect of exploring the school, meeting new people, and delving into the mysteries of magic filled her with a renewed sense of purpose. “Absolutely!” she exclaimed, her eyes gleaming with anticipation. “I can’t wait to see what this school has to offer. Meeting new people, learning new magic - it’s all so thrilling!” Despite her caution relating her safety, Lyra’s eagerness to embrace the opportunities ahead shone through, her heart brimming with curiosity and determination to make the most of her time at Ninth House.

Lyra understood Ayla’s desire for a stronger drink, acknowledging the weight of their shared experiences and the need for some form of release. However, she also recognized the importance of moderation, especially considering the gravity of their prior conversation and the unfamiliar environment of the ballroom.

“Absolutely, Ayla,” Lyra chimed in with a gentle nod and a warm smile, her eyes radiating understanding and support. “I completely understand the temptation, especially with everything on our minds.” She gently reached out to place a reassuring hand on Ayla’s arm. “But hey, how about we start with something light, like a glass of wine? We can dip our toes in the fun and see where the night takes us!” Her tone was light and cheerful, infused with a hint of excitement. “And no matter what, I’ll be right here by your side, making sure we both stay safe and have a good time. Sound like a plan?” She finished with an encouraging grin, eager to make the evening as enjoyable and comforting as possible for her cousin.

Ayla - @Tina.G

4 Likes

•]•·✦º✦·» ✦ «·✦º✦·•[•

•]•·✦º✦·» ✦ «·✦º✦·•[•

» Ballroom «

•]•·✦º✦·» ✦ «·✦º✦·•[•

"We still don’t know what really happened to him, and if there’s something dangerous going on here, we need to be careful.” Ayla’s plate was full, so she had never really dug into Lysanders case. It really was a mystery and Ayla wondered if Lyra ever looked into it, if she ever got somewhere with it. Ayla was honestly glad the conversation had headed this way, she could definitely come up with a more logical reassurance to Lyra’s fears. “Okay,” Ayla agreed. “That is a good point. We’ll be cautious. Cautious is helpful, Lyra. Not paranoid, though. Paranoid is just another word for distracted.” Ayla was worried it sounded more like a bad omen. A warning. So she continued on, “so anyway, it’s important to remember that we can’t control everything that happens around us, but we can control how we respond to it. Speculating about connections to missing students or any possible dangerous situations will only lead to unnecessary stress and anxiety. You aren’t looking for trouble and I hope you’re not subconsciously seeking it out either. The law of attraction is very real, Lyra. We’ll face our battles as they come.” Ayla tried her best at a sweet, small, and comforting smile.

Thank you, Ayla, … It means a lot to know you’re here for me. And I’ll be here for you too, always.” Always. It echoed in her brain. Ayla smiled, a rare expression of genuine warmth crossing her features. “We make a good team, Lyra. Remember, no matter what happens, I’ll always be here for you. We’ll navigate through this uncertainty together. Come out stronger on the other side.”

“I want to do something to honor his memory" Ayla felt her stomach clench, and she forced her face not to twitch a single muscle. She wished the mask hid the lower half of her face instead of the upper. She was not ready to face this right now and… "…I know, but maybe it’ll give us a chance to come together, to share stories, to create something beautiful out of our memories.” Ayla nodded along vigorously, appropriately, using Lyra’s wonder and awe to fill her. “I’d love for you to come!” Ayla knew not everything was about her. Ayla knew not everything revolved around Alexander. She also knew she was a hypocrite. “Yes!” It came out in a breath, and was apparently perceived as relief. She didn’t miss a beat. “Yes! I’m so glad you invited me, I didn’t want to impose by asking!” Yes yes, of course that was the only reason she sounded relieved. If she believed it, it could be true.

Ayla realized how not joking she was once Lyra responded. “But hey, how about we start with something light, like a glass of wine? We can dip our toes in the fun and see where the night takes us!” Ayla nodded along, a pleasant smile plastered on her lips. Yes, see where the night takes us. She thought. She also thought trails where made to veer off of. Cliche, rules were meant to be broken. “And no matter what, I’ll be right here by your side, making sure we both stay safe and have a good time. Sound like a plan?” Her grin was contagious. “Yeah, lets start there,” she pulling Lyra near the bar.

As Lyra and Ayla made their way to the bar, the atmosphere of the gothic but ethereal ball enveloped them in a sense of mystery and intrigue. The soft strains of haunting melodies floated through the air, blending with the murmurs of conversation and laughter that echoed around them. Ayla couldn’t help but be captivated by the beauty and darkness of their surroundings, the grandeur of the ballroom punctuated by the subtle hint of danger that lurked beneath the surface. It was a place where secrets whispered in the shadows and forbidden desires danced in the moonlight, a world that seemed both enchanting and unsettling in its allure. Maybe she could get used to drab.

As they reached the bar, Ayla’s eyes swept over the array of crystal glasses and shimmering bottles, each one holding the promise of a new adventure. The intoxicating aroma of rich red wines and exotic spirits mingled with the faint scent of incense, creating an intoxicating blend that teased the senses. Ayla turned to Lyra, her own smile mirroring the contagious grin on her cousin’s face. “Let’s start with a glass of wine and see where the night takes us,” she echoed, her voice laced with a touch of excitement. But then, all of the sudden, a thought occurred to Ayla. “Wait–you can drink, right? I could have sworn you just turned twenty.”

•]•·✦º✦·» ✦ «·✦º✦·•[•

@Jass ✦ Lyra

4 Likes

Dante

Dante listened intently to Celestine’s reflections on 60s fashion, finding her insights intriguing. As she spoke, he couldn’t help but be drawn in by her passion and depth of thought on the subject. “Ahh, infatuation with the 60s, you say?” Dante mused, a playful twinkle in his eyes. “I must admit, it’s not a decade that I’ve given much thought to, but hearing you talk about it makes me see its appeal in a new light.” There was something about the Swinging Sixties that in fact blended well with who Dante was, the outspokenness of the era, the way it pushed boundaries and had rebellion at its core. The freedom of individuality, so essential to the 60s, was Dante highly valued.

He nodded thoughtfully as she described the sense of timelessness embodied by the fashion of that era. “You’re right, timelessness is indeed a state of mind. And you, my dear, seem to embody that perfectly. Your dedication to your unique style, your meticulous routine - it’s all part of the charm,” Dante said with a playful smile.

He couldn’t help but smile at Celestine’s detailed description of her fashion routine. “Quite the elaborate process,” he chuckled, raising an eyebrow. “But hey, if it brings you joy and empowers you, who’s to say it’s too much? Besides, I’ve always believed that confidence is the most attractive accessory.”

Dante’s playful grin widened as he responded to Celestine’s suggestion with a raised eyebrow, his tone light and teasing. “Hmm, a plastic imitation, you say?” he repeated, feigning offense with a playful glint in his eye. “Well, I’ll have you know, that this trusty jacket happens to be genuine leather, thank you very much.” He ran his hand appreciatively over the supple material of his jacket, emphasizing its authenticity and he straightened up, adjusting the collar of his jacket with a touch of pride.

“But hey,” Dante continued, his grin turning mischievous, “I’m always open to a bit of style advice, especially if it comes gifted by a persuasive woman like yourself.” He leaned in slightly, as if sharing a secret, his tone conspiratorial. “Maybe I’ll consider your offer if you can promise me it won’t clash with my rugged charm.”

Dante’s initial reaction to her story of the man being in danger was a reaction of uncertainty, a flicker of doubt as he considered the possibility that Celestine’s story could be real. His mind raced with questions, contemplating the implications of her words and the potential consequences of the situation she described.

As he processes Celestine’s story however, Dante’s skepticism gradually gave way to a growing sense of amusement and understanding. He recognized the playful twinkle in her eye, the mischievous smirk that hints at her true intentions. A smile spread across Dante’s face as he realizes that Celestine is simply teasing him, weaving an elaborate tale for her own amusement. He might chuckle softly, shaking his head in amusement.

“Ah, Celestine, always one for a grand tale,” Dante replied with a grin, his tone infused with amusement. “But forgive me if I find your yarn a tad… embellished. Are you simply testing the limits of my gullibility?” His words carried a hint of skepticism, yet there was still a spark of curiosity in his eyes, a willingness to entertain the possibility that there might be a kernel of truth to Celestine’s narrative. “Nevertheless,” Dante continued, his voice taking on a more serious tone, “even if your story appears nothing more than a flight of fancy, it does raise an interesting question. How far are we willing to go to shape the world around us? And what are the consequences of meddling in affairs beyond our control?”

“You know what? Let’s entertain this for a moment,” he said, his voice adopting a tone of mock seriousness. “After all, where’s the fun in not exploring a good mystery, even if it’s just a figment of your imagination?” Dante playfully scanned the crowd, pretending to assess the situation as if it were genuine. “Alright, so we’ve got a potential emetic-laced drink and a dubious oil agreement,” he mulled aloud, his tone theatrical. “Sounds like the makings of a thrilling adventure, wouldn’t you say?”

“So, let’s consider our options,” Dante mused, his tone now more thoughtful. “If we’re going to play guardian angel, we need to be strategic. Direct intervention might be too risky, but subtle hints could be just the ticket.” He leaned in closer, his voice dropping to a conspiratorial whisper. “Perhaps we could discreetly switch the drinks, ensuring our unsuspecting friend avoids the emetic-laced concoction altogether. It’s a classic maneuver, but effective nonetheless.” Dante’s mind raced with possibilities as he considered Celestine’s scenario. “And maybe we could discreetly eavesdrop on conversations, gather snippets of information without revealing our intentions,” he proposes. “Or perhaps we could plant seeds of doubt, subtly steering the conversation towards topics that might reveal the truth.”

Listening to her continuously trying to get her right in their conversation regarding gold, and fool’s gold. Dante however, he was not one to turn down an opportunity to have the last word either. Leaning forward slightly, he fixed her with a probing gaze. “Yes, gold may leave an indent, but does it always hold its value? Isn’t it just as susceptible to tarnish and decay as fool’s gold, given the right circumstances?”

Dante’s tone was light, but there was a glint of defiance in his eyes. “And while I appreciate your call for striving for gold, let’s not discount the allure of the unconventional, the allure of the unexpected,” he countered. “Sometimes, it’s the fool’s gold that catches our eye, that sparks our curiosity.”

He paused for a moment, a faint smirk playing on his lips. “Besides, who’s to say what truly defines ‘gold’ in this world?” he added cryptically, as if hinting at a deeper meaning behind their conversation. With that remark, Dante leaned back, leaving Celestine to ponder his words as the conversation continued to unfold.

“Ah, the intricacies of the mind likened to a garden,” Dante mused, his tone thoughtful as he reflected on their quite philosophical conversations. “It’s a captivating analogy indeed. But are we merely passive admirers in this garden of the mind, or are we the gardeners, shaping and molding its landscape?” Dante believed the latter was right, sure the environment was often quite set, but people had agency, a decision to nevertheless shape their own lives.

He leaned forward slightly, his eyes gleaming with curiosity. “You speak of admiration and serenity, yet what of the thorns hidden amidst the blooms? Are we to ignore the dangers lurking beneath the surface, the secrets waiting to ensnare the unsuspecting wanderer?” With this, Dante cryptically meant to communicate that life in general, one cannot merely try to see the positive, the good, there was no shortage of danger, of evil. He believed it was quite naive to think the way Celestine seemed to think.

Dante’s expression grew more earnest as he spoke. “And while it’s true that one may emerge from the garden unscathed by its secrets, can we truly resist the temptation to explore further?” he questioned. “Is it not our nature as curious beings to seek out knowledge and mystery, even if it means risking entanglement in the labyrinth of our own minds?” Dante knew from personal experience, especially in the context of such a fancy school as Ninth House, many people were intrigued, fascinated even, with trying to find out the mystery, the depth, no matter how risky that assignment was, at moments Dante was one of those people.

When Celestine called him out for being superficial once again, something in Dante snapped. “Ah, so we’re cutting through the pleasantries now, are we?” he remarked, a hint of irony lacing his words. “I must admit, your directness is rather refreshing. But let’s not pretend that appearances don’t matter, shall we? After all, you wouldn’t be adorned in such exquisite attire if you didn’t appreciate the attention it garners.” He looked her up and down, before landing on her eyes as he continued talking, “Or perhaps it’s all just a clever diversion, isn’t it? A shield to protect yourself from the discomfort of revealing your true self.” He knew this was quite a stab at her, who she was. Yet, Dante wouldn’t be saying it if he wasn’t truly convinced that Celestine was hiding something deeper by her extravagant appearance.

He leaned back casually, his gaze holding hers with unwavering intensity. “You’re a puzzle, Celestine, and I do enjoy a good challenge. But don’t dare mistake my playful banter for mere superficiality.”

“Arm candy, huh?” He repeated, his gaze playful yet challenging. “Don’t worry, sweetheart,” he continued, his voice low. “I wouldn’t dare confine you to such a role. You strike me as someone who prefers to be the main act, not just a side attraction.”

Dante’s tone shifted slightly as he addressed her mention of women’s rights, his expression growing more serious. “As for your concerns about women’s rights,” he said, his voice taking on a thoughtful edge, “well, let’s just say I’m more of a ‘live and let live’ kind of guy. But hey, if you want to fight the good fight, more power to you.” Maybe it came out more sarcastic than Dante had hoped for, however, yet, his last statement, he meant it. He found it quite admirable, those who stood up for matters that mattered, and this was something Celestine seemed quite passionate about.

After Celestine’s breakdown, and Dante trying to diffuse the tension, he now wanted to get through to her. He didn’t want her to feel in any way that he hadn’t enjoyed her company, cause he did, he enjoyed her company, possibly more so than he wanted to admit to himself. “Celestine, I appreciate your company more than you realize,” he began, his voice sincere. “Your wit, your intelligence, your unique perspective on things - those are just a few reasons why I enjoy spending time with you. You challenge me, you keep me on my toes, and you make me see things from a different angle. It’s refreshing.”

He paused, taking a moment to gather his thoughts before continuing. “As for my sense of humor, well, I’ll admit, I can be a bit… cavalier at times,” he admitted with a sheepish grin. “I don’t always stop to think about how my words might affect others. It’s something I’m working on, though. And I certainly didn’t mean to upset you.”

Dante’s eyebrows shot up in surprise as she mentioned slipping something in his drink, a mixture of amusement and intrigue crossing his features. “Is that so?” he replied, a playful smirk dancing on his lips. “I must admit, I’m both impressed and slightly concerned by your resourcefulness.”

There was a glint of admiration in his eyes as he regarded her. “I wouldn’t doubt your ability to uncover secrets if you set your mind to it,” he conceded, a hint of respect in his tone. “But I’m relieved to hear that you prefer the long game. It’s much more…entertaining, wouldn’t you agree?”

When Dante heard she had misunderstood what he had meant, and once again brought up the fact he had named her before, he decided maybe the best thing to do was to directly address it. Dante’s smirk widened as he listened to Celestine’s response, realizing her interpretation of his words. “Ah, my dear, it seems there’s been a slight misunderstanding,” he began, his tone light yet earnest. “I wasn’t calling naming you bold. Quite the opposite, actually. I was referring to my own boldness in revealing myself.” Dante’s grin softened as he considered Celestine’s words. “I suppose I did jump the gun a bit when it comes to the naming, didn’t I? Sometimes I forget to play by all these rules.” With a shrug, he added, “Guess I’m just not one for sticking to conventions, you know?”

He let out a small chuckle as he went into his thoughts for a brief moment, feeling that no matter what, he would never do right in her eyes. It was quite ironic, wasn’t it? But part of him enjoyed them, the way she kept him on his toes, challenged him. offering her a small smile, “But hey, if my antics threw you off, I’ll do my best to make it up to you. Perhaps a dance to make amends? I heard I owe you one anyway” He said, referring back to how she had called him out for not having asked her to dance.

As they were waiting at the entrance gate, Dante noticed how Celestine seemed to be quite worried. “Ah, my dear Celestine, always sharp and curious,” he began, his gaze meeting hers. “You needn’t worry about being implicated in anything. As for ‘he,’ well, he’s a key player in our little escapade. A friend, you could say, though not in the traditional sense.”

He paused for a moment, enjoying the intrigue reflected in Celestine’s eyes. “But alas, all will be revealed in due time. For now, let’s just say our journey is about to become a tad more interesting. Trust me, you’ll want to see this.” After a mysterious smirk, he tapped his foot impatiently.

@cordyx - Celestine

3 Likes

|808px;x233px;

When she looked back up to see the man before her, Desdemona realized how he had leaned in closer to her. Puzzled, she tilted her head, and smiled a bit, pleased. There was something quite lovely about him, but what was it? He had very beautiful eyes, and his hair looked soft to comb through, very handsome, and gentle. Like a friend. A friend. She spaced into his eyes as he spoke, becoming unaware of his dialogue and thanking her, but she was quickly brought back to reality when he turned back to the girl below them.

She didn’t think he noticed, but as soon as the boy turned away, her hands trembled, stressed from the strain of her magic, and her irises flashed to white.

In her mind, she saw flames; flames wavering through the air, their roots attached to light brown wood, organized neatly into rows; the exterior of a home. The whole house looked to be burning down from the outside, and Desdemona couldn’t see it; but she knew who was inside. Behind the estate, the lake glimmered with the reflection of the view, and even in the cerulean water, you could see shades of orange from the flames, scattered all over the edifice like on remains after an explosion. They were going to burn! She thought back to the building. Why, why?

“Wait…!” A loud voice awoke her, saving her from herself, and with a hard blink, her hazel eyes recovered their original state before he could turn back to see her. Looking around, the girl in the blue dress was gone, no longer in Desdemona’s line of vision.

The man sighed, frustrated as if he wanted to talk to her, but could not bring himself to chase her. She wondered why, and he asked her if she would be okay. Usually, Desdemona’s demeanor was confident and trusting almost to a fault, asserting that everything was going to be okay. But in the moment, just coming down from a vision, her energy was low, and she did not have it in her to be so optimistic.

“Yes, I think so…” Mona said. Truthfully though, if she had said a bit more, she would have told him that she has only had to regenerate animals before, so she does not know if she is fully capable of healing humans. But quickly, she was regaining her awareness, a smile appearing on her lips when he complimented her magic.

She beamed, “thank you!” and was going to elaborate, until the other person began to speak again, and she listened keenly. “You seem to care for her a lot,” she thought aloud. “Are you boyfriend and girlfriend?” The girl asked another question innocently, then a mischevious smile appeared on her lips, suggesting that she was intruiged to hear his answer. Although she had just held her, Mona’s worry about the navy-dressed girl seemed to fall away,

@idiot.exe Atlas sorry this took 1m years

3 Likes

Copy of Copy of Copy of Silas

𓆩⟡𓆪 𓆩⟡𓆪 𓆩⟡𓆪

Thalia was quite amazed at how easy she was embarrassing herself today. To be fair, she had too much to drink, way too much, so she should be patting herself in the back for not being much more worst, but at the same time, nobody had told her to drink all that she drank.

Self-control had never been Thalia’s strong suit. She remembered her mother often chiding her for being too “carefree,” contrasting her with Calista, who seemed to approach everything with careful consideration. Yet, her mother would also praise her for not being as impulsive as Kaelith.

Still, Thalia would not consider herself carefree really- especially considering that to be care free meant to be free from anxieties and responsibilities, and Thalia was definitely not free from all that description, and a lot of Thalia’s actions stemmed from her… right, where was she on again? As Thalia was saying, she was quite amazed at how easily it seemed it was for her to embarrass herself, considering that she was now leaning over a bush, with a girl- a girl whom Thalia had been caught taking pictures off, pulling her curls away from her face and Thalia let out all that she had consumed, the acid burning her throat as it came up. She felt utterly mortified, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment as she straightened up.

“So… do you need to- where could we…” Freya’s words stumbled in circles. If Thalia hadn’t been so intoxicated and engulfed in embarrassment, she would have noticed how effortlessly Freya tripped over her words in an endearing manner. Thalia might have found it cute and intriguing—the awkwardness in Freya’s speech. It was unexpected from someone like Freya, yet oddly fitting

“Um, yeah, sure,” Thalia muttered weakly, not fully understanding what she was agreeing too or if the question really needed her answer, all she knew is that Thalia was too follow the girl, and she did, strolling behind the girl with shaky steps.

They reached a room, and usually, when in a room, Thalia would have taken the time, to go over the room’s details, its structure and design- for after all if there was one thing Thalia loved except drinking and art, it was architecture, but one can’t really appreciate the beauty of architecture with a hazy mind, can they?

Thalia stood awkwardly, leaning against a wall, her head pounding with each beat of her heart. The alcohol was really hitting her now, and she felt a wave of nausea wash over her. She closed her eyes for a moment, as she slowly dropped to the ground in a squat like position, “H…Hey” Thalia began, her voice coming out in a weak murmur. She felt her face flush with embarrassment, unsure of what to say to Freya after everything that had just happened. “I just wanted to say… I’m sorry for all the trouble. I’m not usually like this, I swear.” She felt her face flush with embarrassment as she struggled to find the right words.

Thalia could guess that she was perhaps not being as convincing as she tried to be. “I mean, I don’t usually drink this much- well, most of the time I try to avoid it and hope I don’t fail, and I definitely don’t usually… well, you know,” she continued, gesturing vaguely to the mess she had made earlier. “I guess I just got carried away, and I am sorry for…” Thalia groaned, placing her head on her lap, then removing it, “Causing trouble,” She finished up.

@novella

3 Likes

Esther Ruth Dubois (2)

━─━────༺༻────━─━

Wandering the vast halls, she was lost in an unfamiliar world, facing the consequences of her own making. Esther’s feet carried her forward, but blindly guided by instinct alone. Her mind searched for an escape, some peace, a respite from the adrenaline still pulsing through her veins. But despite her determination, she almost couldn’t bear another step. All she could do was stop just to catch her breath, to shake off the nerves. She found herself in an area lit dimly, like a shadow casted over it, but there was light ahead, a single room with a light on. Esther felt a sinking feeling in her gut, but she had no other choice, she was lost. And so, with hesitancy in her steps, she walked. But, as she grew near, just a couple doors away, a striking melody enveloped her ears. A faint piano harmony, paired with sorrowful singing. Esther quickly fixated her mask atop her nose, concealing her identity once again.

“So don’t blame me for being nocturnal
Don’t blame me for loving the truths that only come out at night.”

She stood right outside the door listening, apprehension hanging heavily in the air. “No”, she thought, “I must be -”, but her ears didn’t deceive her.

“They’re just like me
The things you don’t talk about.
They’re all I have”

Esther inched closer, peering one eye into the room, immediately noticing the flask and that his face was bare, but his features slightly hidden. As he drew a breath, he hit the keys, looking up at the ceiling for a second. Just long enough for a sliver of light to illuminate his face, revealing such a sight that caused her heart to drop into the pit of her stomach. “Vinnie?”

Realizing that she was in full view, she tried to turn and run, but he’d already seen her. “Are you looking for something?”. Her breath hitched, but she managed a smile. Clearing her throat, she locked eyes with him, her hand forming a tight fist behind her. Resentment, agony, despair, the mixture of feelings making her skin crawl, all her fears turning to rage. Esther let out an eerily calm sigh, “I’m afraid I’m lost, I don’t mean to intrude”. Putting on her best smile, she added, “Did you write that song yourself? You’ve got a deep passion in your voice”.

━─━────༺༻────━─━

@raviola - Vincenzo PR - gn see y’all tm

2 Likes

Lyra

Lyra listened intently to Ayla’s reassurances, feeling a sense of relief wash over her as her cousin spoke. Ayla’s logical approach to the situation grounded Lyra’s swirling thoughts, offering a beacon of optimism amidst the uncertainty.

“You’re right,” Lyra responded with a bright smile, her voice infused with newfound positivity. “Cautious, not paranoid. I like that.” Her gaze met Ayla’s with newfound determination, a spark of resilience igniting within her. “We can’t control everything around us, but we can control how we respond,” she continued, her tone growing more assured with each word. “And you’re absolutely right about not letting our fears take the reins. We’re stronger than that!” With a genuine smile, Lyra conveyed her gratitude and solidarity. “Thanks for always being the voice of reason, Ayla.”

“Thank you, Ayla,” Lyra replied to her cousin saying she would be there at the memorial, her voice gentle yet sincere. “I’m truly grateful you’re willing to be there. Honoring Lysander’s memory means a lot to me, and having you by my side will make it even more special.”

She offered a warm smile, sensing Ayla’s effort to mask her emotions. “It’s okay to feel a mix of emotions about this,” Lyra assured her, her tone soft and understanding. “I understand if this is difficult for you, with Alexander.” She then offered Ayla a supportive gaze, encouraging her to express her true emotions without fear of judgment. “If you’re not ready to dive into this right now, that’s completely okay,” Lyra continued, her voice gentle but firm. “Remember, your feelings matter just as much as mine!”

As they had moved to the bar, Lyra chuckled softly at Ayla’s question about her age, finding the situation somewhat amusing. She then offered a reassuring smile and shake of the head, “Don’t worry, Ayla,” she said, her tone light and reassuring. “I’m turning 21 in three days, so I’m all good. But time really does fly, doesn’t it?” she commented with a chuckle.

As they stood at the bar, surrounded by the enchanting atmosphere of the ballroom, Lyra’s curiosity and sense of adventure were piqued. She glanced at the array of drinks before them, her mind buzzing with anticipation for the night ahead. “So, any preferences on the wine?” she asked Ayla, her tone cheerful and inviting.

Ayla - @Tina.G

4 Likes

{ Monday, September 4, 2023 }

After the masquerade ball, Ninth House transitions into a new day filled with possibilities. As students wake up to the gentle sunlight filtering through their dorm room windows, they find themselves with a first uni day ahead.

{ Schedule }

Breakfast: 7:30 - 9:00 am

Morning Classes: 9:30 am - 1:00 pm

• Enchanted Music Composition: 9:30 am - 11:00 am (Enigma Stag and Cipher)
  • Unconventional Psychology: 9:30 am - 11:00 am (Quantum and Umbra Coven)
  • Astral Projection and Dreamwalking: 11:30 am - 1:00 pm (Quantum and Enigma Stag)
  • Dark Arts Aesthetics: 11:30 am - 1:00 pm (Cipher and Umbra Coven)

Lunch: 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm

Afternoon Classes: 3:30 pm - 6:00 pm

• Core Class - Elemental Alchemy: 3:30 pm - 4:45 pm
  • Core Class - Classic Literature Revival: 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm

Evening Bonfire Gathering: 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm

guide

Breakfast is served from 7:30 to 9:00 am in the dormitory building. After that, students cross the bridge to the main building where all their classes take place. The day begins with a diverse array of courses tailored to each school group’s unique interests and magical specialties:

1. Enchanted Music Composition: From 9:30 to 11:00 am, students immerse themselves in the enchanting melodies and mystical harmonies of this collaborative class, where the Enigma Stag and Cipher groups come together.
  2. Unconventional Psychology: From 9:30 to 11:00 am, Quantum and Umbra Coven students delve into the depths of the human mind, exploring unconventional therapeutic methods and the exploration of altered states of consciousness.
  3. Astral Projection and Dreamwalking: Following a brief interlude, from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm, Quantum and Enigma Stag students embark on a journey beyond the confines of the physical realm, navigating the enigmatic landscapes of the ethereal realms through astral projection and dreamwalking.
  4. Dark Arts Aesthetics: Simultaneously, Cipher and Umbra Coven students explore the allure of shadows and mysteries from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm, delving into the aesthetic appeal of the darker aspects of art and creating works that capture the essence of the enigmatic.

Afternoon Activities:

After a well-deserved lunch break from 1:30 to 2:30 pm, students go back for their afternoon classes, which extend from 3:30 pm to 6:00 pm:

1. Core Class - Elemental Alchemy: From 3:30 to 4:45 pm, students engage in alchemical experiments, studying transmutations under the guidance of an alchemist professor.
  2. Core Class - Classic Literature Revival: Concluding the day’s academic pursuits from 5:00 to 6:00 pm, students gather to revisit classical literature, exploring timeless works from various cultures and historical periods, and engaging in discussions on enduring themes and literary techniques.

Evening Social Gathering:

As the day draws to a close, students gather around the flickering flames of an evening bonfire from 8:00 to 10:00 pm, happening every Monday. At this time students can also use the kitchen to prepare dinner for themselves. All of these after class activities are not mandatory.

:)

@NinthHouse

9 Likes