Ninth House | Official RP Thread

freya

⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ ◯ ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆

Freya had to just stand in bewilderment as this girl suggested alternative subjects. Could she not hear what she was saying to her? “I don’t…” Freya tried, but then gave up mid-sentence. She really wasn’t sure how else she could phrase it in a clear way. As this masked girl glanced up, Freya looked around, trying to find the nearest exit to plan how she could get to it. Though she didn’t have long enough, as the girl quickly met her gaze again, keeping Freya in this very dysfunctional conversation.

Before she knew it, the two of them had found an exit route and were standing outside. Although, the girl had tried to travel solo, which Freya would have let happen if she hadn’t hit her head in transit. Well now she definitely couldn’t be alone. So, alas, the two of them stood and this girl deemed herself unhelpful in Freya’s search for where she could walk her back. “You’re… cipher. Okay,” She repeated in wonder as to how that information can be utilised. Nothing. Nothing was coming to her here.

Her train of thought was interrupted by this girl as she asked for the nearby toilets. Freya had been mid-focus, and she instinctively went to say ‘Not now,’ until she looked up and realised the urgency of the situation. Instead, Freya wasn’t able to give any answer, and she had to think a little more on her feet. Which found her stepping forward to pull the girls curls away from her face as she leaned forward and let out clearly immense volume of alcohol she had been consuming.

When it seemed to be over, Freya stood back up again. Now they were back in the same predicament as before. Where to get her to. “So… do you need to- where could we…” Freya tried, talking around in circles. Getting her somewhere was more crucial considering she was injured. “I mean my room isn’t far from here,” She suggested, scratching the back of her neck slightly. Though she wasn’t sure why she was making it an open debate, considering this girl was in no place to make any input. “Come on, it’s this way,” Freya told her, making the decision, as there didn’t seem to be any other choice.

⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ ◯ ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆

@Kristi Thalia

4 Likes

Ballroom || with inessa

As Inessa’s words washed over Arya, she couldn’t help but feel a sense of ease settle within her. her eyes lingered on Inessa, noting the genuine smile that graced her friend’s lips in response to her words. The sight brought a sense of satisfaction to Arya, a subtle confirmation of the connection that still existed between them despite the passage of time and the reasons that had kept them apart, there was an unspoken understanding between them, a silent acknowledgment of the bond that had bound them together. After all, they remained friends for all these years for a reason, the bond is there.

“Navigating, huh?” Arya echoed, her tone carrying a hint of intrigue as she met Inessa’s measured response with a knowing nod. She understood all too well the complexities of navigating the intricacies of life at Ninth House, not to mention life in general, each twist and turn presenting its own set of challenges and opportunities.

Arya’s eyes twinkled with amusement as she nodded along with Inessa’s assessment of Renlin’s antics. “Renlin’s always been a wildcard,” she agreed with a grin, her voice laced with ever so slight remains of fondness barely left in her for her friend’s brother, despite his penchant for dramatics and… all the rest of it. “But I guess that’s part of his so-called charm.”

Despite the occasional chaos and unpredictability, Arya found herself nodding in agreement with Inessa’s sentiment about Ninth House. There was something undeniably captivating about the dynamic atmosphere of their surroundings, a vibrancy that kept her coming back for more, like a moth drawn to a flickering flame. Arya’s gaze swept across the ballroom, taking in the familiar faces and the whispered conversations that filled the air. Each interaction held the potential for intrigue, every corner hiding secrets waiting to be uncovered.

As she moved through the ever changing crowds, Arya’s steps were deliberate, her senses attuned to the subtle shifts in energy around her at all time. Arya remained acutely aware of the underlying sense of caution that permeated her every step.
“It is a place like no other,” Arya murmured, her voice carrying an air of intrugue laced with underlying resentment.
In a place where nothing could be trusted and everything held the potential for deception, with secrets lurking around every corner, Arya knew better than to let her guard down. It was a lesson she had learned the hard way, a reminder that in Ninth House, one must always be prepared for the unexpected, and nothing could be taken at face value.

You would all come to understand that at one point or another.

“Want to go check out the bar?” she suggested, taking her mind off everything and trying to simply enjoy the party

@Madilnel

4 Likes

Lyra

Upon hearing Ayla’s reassurance, Lyra nodded in acknowledgment but still harbored lingering doubts. She responded with a soft-spoken yet probing tone, expressing her worries while trying to understand Ayla’s perspective.

“It’s just… Ayla, I know you’re trying to reassure me that it’s nothing, but… with everything that’s happened… I can’t help but feel uneasy,” Lyra said, her voice tinged with a hint of apprehension. “I mean, after what happened… we can’t ignore the possibility that there might be something more going on. What if it’s connected to… to Lysander’s death? We still don’t know what really happened to him, and if there’s something dangerous going on here, we need to be careful.”

Her gaze lingered on Ayla’s face, searching for any sign that her cousin shares her concerns. Despite Ayla’s attempt to downplay the situation, Lyra’s remained vigilant and kept a watchful eye on their surroundings. “I just, I really hope you’re right that it’s nothing”

Upon feeling Ayla’s hand in hers and hearing her words of reassurance, Lyra’s nerves faded a bit, and she offered a faint smile, grateful for the connection and understanding. She found comfort in knowing that Ayla is there for her, even if they both struggle to articulate their emotions openly.

“Thank you, Ayla,” Lyra replied softly, her voice filled with genuine gratitude. “It means a lot to know you’re here for me. And I’ll be here for you too, always.” With a gentle squeeze of Ayla’s hand in return, Lyra conveyed her appreciation and solidarity, drawing strength from their shared bond amidst the uncertainties that lie ahead.

Lyra knew that her cousin sometimes struggled showing her emotions, so it meant a lot for her that Ayla had been able to confide in her that she felt the same way. “I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels that way sometimes, Ayla. It’s reassuring to know that we can be honest with each other about our struggles.” Lyra spoke softly, her voice gentle and supportive. “It means a lot to know that we’re not alone in feeling this way. We’ve both been through so much, and it’s okay to struggle sometimes.” She put a reassuring hand on her cousins shoulder.

A small smile painted her face as she continued talking, “I want to do something to honor his memory here at the school, something that celebrates the person he was and the love we still carry for him in our hearts. It won’t erase the pain, I know, but maybe it’ll give us a chance to come together, to share stories, to create something beautiful out of our memories.” Lyra’s idea was not merely fueled by a desire to celebrate her brother, no, especially since he had joined Ninth House, Lysander had gotten more distant. Maybe through the memorial, Lyra would get a chance to know who Lysander was in his years here, and who knows, maybe even get some insights in what lead to his death. “I’d love for you to come!” She said, her voice carrying a hint of happiness once again.

Lyra’s excitement bubbled up within her, fueled by the reassurance and support of her cousin that they were going to have an amazing time. The prospect of exploring the school, meeting new people, and delving into the mysteries of magic filled her with a renewed sense of purpose. “Absolutely!” she exclaimed, her eyes gleaming with anticipation. “I can’t wait to see what this school has to offer. Meeting new people, learning new magic - it’s all so thrilling!” Despite her caution relating her safety, Lyra’s eagerness to embrace the opportunities ahead shone through, her heart brimming with curiosity and determination to make the most of her time at Ninth House.

Lyra understood Ayla’s desire for a stronger drink, acknowledging the weight of their shared experiences and the need for some form of release. However, she also recognized the importance of moderation, especially considering the gravity of their prior conversation and the unfamiliar environment of the ballroom.

“Absolutely, Ayla,” Lyra chimed in with a gentle nod and a warm smile, her eyes radiating understanding and support. “I completely understand the temptation, especially with everything on our minds.” She gently reached out to place a reassuring hand on Ayla’s arm. “But hey, how about we start with something light, like a glass of wine? We can dip our toes in the fun and see where the night takes us!” Her tone was light and cheerful, infused with a hint of excitement. “And no matter what, I’ll be right here by your side, making sure we both stay safe and have a good time. Sound like a plan?” She finished with an encouraging grin, eager to make the evening as enjoyable and comforting as possible for her cousin.

Ayla - @Tina.G

4 Likes

•]•·✦º✦·» ✦ «·✦º✦·•[•

•]•·✦º✦·» ✦ «·✦º✦·•[•

» Ballroom «

•]•·✦º✦·» ✦ «·✦º✦·•[•

"We still don’t know what really happened to him, and if there’s something dangerous going on here, we need to be careful.” Ayla’s plate was full, so she had never really dug into Lysanders case. It really was a mystery and Ayla wondered if Lyra ever looked into it, if she ever got somewhere with it. Ayla was honestly glad the conversation had headed this way, she could definitely come up with a more logical reassurance to Lyra’s fears. “Okay,” Ayla agreed. “That is a good point. We’ll be cautious. Cautious is helpful, Lyra. Not paranoid, though. Paranoid is just another word for distracted.” Ayla was worried it sounded more like a bad omen. A warning. So she continued on, “so anyway, it’s important to remember that we can’t control everything that happens around us, but we can control how we respond to it. Speculating about connections to missing students or any possible dangerous situations will only lead to unnecessary stress and anxiety. You aren’t looking for trouble and I hope you’re not subconsciously seeking it out either. The law of attraction is very real, Lyra. We’ll face our battles as they come.” Ayla tried her best at a sweet, small, and comforting smile.

Thank you, Ayla, … It means a lot to know you’re here for me. And I’ll be here for you too, always.” Always. It echoed in her brain. Ayla smiled, a rare expression of genuine warmth crossing her features. “We make a good team, Lyra. Remember, no matter what happens, I’ll always be here for you. We’ll navigate through this uncertainty together. Come out stronger on the other side.”

“I want to do something to honor his memory" Ayla felt her stomach clench, and she forced her face not to twitch a single muscle. She wished the mask hid the lower half of her face instead of the upper. She was not ready to face this right now and… "…I know, but maybe it’ll give us a chance to come together, to share stories, to create something beautiful out of our memories.” Ayla nodded along vigorously, appropriately, using Lyra’s wonder and awe to fill her. “I’d love for you to come!” Ayla knew not everything was about her. Ayla knew not everything revolved around Alexander. She also knew she was a hypocrite. “Yes!” It came out in a breath, and was apparently perceived as relief. She didn’t miss a beat. “Yes! I’m so glad you invited me, I didn’t want to impose by asking!” Yes yes, of course that was the only reason she sounded relieved. If she believed it, it could be true.

Ayla realized how not joking she was once Lyra responded. “But hey, how about we start with something light, like a glass of wine? We can dip our toes in the fun and see where the night takes us!” Ayla nodded along, a pleasant smile plastered on her lips. Yes, see where the night takes us. She thought. She also thought trails where made to veer off of. Cliche, rules were meant to be broken. “And no matter what, I’ll be right here by your side, making sure we both stay safe and have a good time. Sound like a plan?” Her grin was contagious. “Yeah, lets start there,” she pulling Lyra near the bar.

As Lyra and Ayla made their way to the bar, the atmosphere of the gothic but ethereal ball enveloped them in a sense of mystery and intrigue. The soft strains of haunting melodies floated through the air, blending with the murmurs of conversation and laughter that echoed around them. Ayla couldn’t help but be captivated by the beauty and darkness of their surroundings, the grandeur of the ballroom punctuated by the subtle hint of danger that lurked beneath the surface. It was a place where secrets whispered in the shadows and forbidden desires danced in the moonlight, a world that seemed both enchanting and unsettling in its allure. Maybe she could get used to drab.

As they reached the bar, Ayla’s eyes swept over the array of crystal glasses and shimmering bottles, each one holding the promise of a new adventure. The intoxicating aroma of rich red wines and exotic spirits mingled with the faint scent of incense, creating an intoxicating blend that teased the senses. Ayla turned to Lyra, her own smile mirroring the contagious grin on her cousin’s face. “Let’s start with a glass of wine and see where the night takes us,” she echoed, her voice laced with a touch of excitement. But then, all of the sudden, a thought occurred to Ayla. “Wait–you can drink, right? I could have sworn you just turned twenty.”

•]•·✦º✦·» ✦ «·✦º✦·•[•

@Jass ✦ Lyra

4 Likes

Dante

Dante listened intently to Celestine’s reflections on 60s fashion, finding her insights intriguing. As she spoke, he couldn’t help but be drawn in by her passion and depth of thought on the subject. “Ahh, infatuation with the 60s, you say?” Dante mused, a playful twinkle in his eyes. “I must admit, it’s not a decade that I’ve given much thought to, but hearing you talk about it makes me see its appeal in a new light.” There was something about the Swinging Sixties that in fact blended well with who Dante was, the outspokenness of the era, the way it pushed boundaries and had rebellion at its core. The freedom of individuality, so essential to the 60s, was Dante highly valued.

He nodded thoughtfully as she described the sense of timelessness embodied by the fashion of that era. “You’re right, timelessness is indeed a state of mind. And you, my dear, seem to embody that perfectly. Your dedication to your unique style, your meticulous routine - it’s all part of the charm,” Dante said with a playful smile.

He couldn’t help but smile at Celestine’s detailed description of her fashion routine. “Quite the elaborate process,” he chuckled, raising an eyebrow. “But hey, if it brings you joy and empowers you, who’s to say it’s too much? Besides, I’ve always believed that confidence is the most attractive accessory.”

Dante’s playful grin widened as he responded to Celestine’s suggestion with a raised eyebrow, his tone light and teasing. “Hmm, a plastic imitation, you say?” he repeated, feigning offense with a playful glint in his eye. “Well, I’ll have you know, that this trusty jacket happens to be genuine leather, thank you very much.” He ran his hand appreciatively over the supple material of his jacket, emphasizing its authenticity and he straightened up, adjusting the collar of his jacket with a touch of pride.

“But hey,” Dante continued, his grin turning mischievous, “I’m always open to a bit of style advice, especially if it comes gifted by a persuasive woman like yourself.” He leaned in slightly, as if sharing a secret, his tone conspiratorial. “Maybe I’ll consider your offer if you can promise me it won’t clash with my rugged charm.”

Dante’s initial reaction to her story of the man being in danger was a reaction of uncertainty, a flicker of doubt as he considered the possibility that Celestine’s story could be real. His mind raced with questions, contemplating the implications of her words and the potential consequences of the situation she described.

As he processes Celestine’s story however, Dante’s skepticism gradually gave way to a growing sense of amusement and understanding. He recognized the playful twinkle in her eye, the mischievous smirk that hints at her true intentions. A smile spread across Dante’s face as he realizes that Celestine is simply teasing him, weaving an elaborate tale for her own amusement. He might chuckle softly, shaking his head in amusement.

“Ah, Celestine, always one for a grand tale,” Dante replied with a grin, his tone infused with amusement. “But forgive me if I find your yarn a tad… embellished. Are you simply testing the limits of my gullibility?” His words carried a hint of skepticism, yet there was still a spark of curiosity in his eyes, a willingness to entertain the possibility that there might be a kernel of truth to Celestine’s narrative. “Nevertheless,” Dante continued, his voice taking on a more serious tone, “even if your story appears nothing more than a flight of fancy, it does raise an interesting question. How far are we willing to go to shape the world around us? And what are the consequences of meddling in affairs beyond our control?”

“You know what? Let’s entertain this for a moment,” he said, his voice adopting a tone of mock seriousness. “After all, where’s the fun in not exploring a good mystery, even if it’s just a figment of your imagination?” Dante playfully scanned the crowd, pretending to assess the situation as if it were genuine. “Alright, so we’ve got a potential emetic-laced drink and a dubious oil agreement,” he mulled aloud, his tone theatrical. “Sounds like the makings of a thrilling adventure, wouldn’t you say?”

“So, let’s consider our options,” Dante mused, his tone now more thoughtful. “If we’re going to play guardian angel, we need to be strategic. Direct intervention might be too risky, but subtle hints could be just the ticket.” He leaned in closer, his voice dropping to a conspiratorial whisper. “Perhaps we could discreetly switch the drinks, ensuring our unsuspecting friend avoids the emetic-laced concoction altogether. It’s a classic maneuver, but effective nonetheless.” Dante’s mind raced with possibilities as he considered Celestine’s scenario. “And maybe we could discreetly eavesdrop on conversations, gather snippets of information without revealing our intentions,” he proposes. “Or perhaps we could plant seeds of doubt, subtly steering the conversation towards topics that might reveal the truth.”

Listening to her continuously trying to get her right in their conversation regarding gold, and fool’s gold. Dante however, he was not one to turn down an opportunity to have the last word either. Leaning forward slightly, he fixed her with a probing gaze. “Yes, gold may leave an indent, but does it always hold its value? Isn’t it just as susceptible to tarnish and decay as fool’s gold, given the right circumstances?”

Dante’s tone was light, but there was a glint of defiance in his eyes. “And while I appreciate your call for striving for gold, let’s not discount the allure of the unconventional, the allure of the unexpected,” he countered. “Sometimes, it’s the fool’s gold that catches our eye, that sparks our curiosity.”

He paused for a moment, a faint smirk playing on his lips. “Besides, who’s to say what truly defines ‘gold’ in this world?” he added cryptically, as if hinting at a deeper meaning behind their conversation. With that remark, Dante leaned back, leaving Celestine to ponder his words as the conversation continued to unfold.

“Ah, the intricacies of the mind likened to a garden,” Dante mused, his tone thoughtful as he reflected on their quite philosophical conversations. “It’s a captivating analogy indeed. But are we merely passive admirers in this garden of the mind, or are we the gardeners, shaping and molding its landscape?” Dante believed the latter was right, sure the environment was often quite set, but people had agency, a decision to nevertheless shape their own lives.

He leaned forward slightly, his eyes gleaming with curiosity. “You speak of admiration and serenity, yet what of the thorns hidden amidst the blooms? Are we to ignore the dangers lurking beneath the surface, the secrets waiting to ensnare the unsuspecting wanderer?” With this, Dante cryptically meant to communicate that life in general, one cannot merely try to see the positive, the good, there was no shortage of danger, of evil. He believed it was quite naive to think the way Celestine seemed to think.

Dante’s expression grew more earnest as he spoke. “And while it’s true that one may emerge from the garden unscathed by its secrets, can we truly resist the temptation to explore further?” he questioned. “Is it not our nature as curious beings to seek out knowledge and mystery, even if it means risking entanglement in the labyrinth of our own minds?” Dante knew from personal experience, especially in the context of such a fancy school as Ninth House, many people were intrigued, fascinated even, with trying to find out the mystery, the depth, no matter how risky that assignment was, at moments Dante was one of those people.

When Celestine called him out for being superficial once again, something in Dante snapped. “Ah, so we’re cutting through the pleasantries now, are we?” he remarked, a hint of irony lacing his words. “I must admit, your directness is rather refreshing. But let’s not pretend that appearances don’t matter, shall we? After all, you wouldn’t be adorned in such exquisite attire if you didn’t appreciate the attention it garners.” He looked her up and down, before landing on her eyes as he continued talking, “Or perhaps it’s all just a clever diversion, isn’t it? A shield to protect yourself from the discomfort of revealing your true self.” He knew this was quite a stab at her, who she was. Yet, Dante wouldn’t be saying it if he wasn’t truly convinced that Celestine was hiding something deeper by her extravagant appearance.

He leaned back casually, his gaze holding hers with unwavering intensity. “You’re a puzzle, Celestine, and I do enjoy a good challenge. But don’t dare mistake my playful banter for mere superficiality.”

“Arm candy, huh?” He repeated, his gaze playful yet challenging. “Don’t worry, sweetheart,” he continued, his voice low. “I wouldn’t dare confine you to such a role. You strike me as someone who prefers to be the main act, not just a side attraction.”

Dante’s tone shifted slightly as he addressed her mention of women’s rights, his expression growing more serious. “As for your concerns about women’s rights,” he said, his voice taking on a thoughtful edge, “well, let’s just say I’m more of a ‘live and let live’ kind of guy. But hey, if you want to fight the good fight, more power to you.” Maybe it came out more sarcastic than Dante had hoped for, however, yet, his last statement, he meant it. He found it quite admirable, those who stood up for matters that mattered, and this was something Celestine seemed quite passionate about.

After Celestine’s breakdown, and Dante trying to diffuse the tension, he now wanted to get through to her. He didn’t want her to feel in any way that he hadn’t enjoyed her company, cause he did, he enjoyed her company, possibly more so than he wanted to admit to himself. “Celestine, I appreciate your company more than you realize,” he began, his voice sincere. “Your wit, your intelligence, your unique perspective on things - those are just a few reasons why I enjoy spending time with you. You challenge me, you keep me on my toes, and you make me see things from a different angle. It’s refreshing.”

He paused, taking a moment to gather his thoughts before continuing. “As for my sense of humor, well, I’ll admit, I can be a bit… cavalier at times,” he admitted with a sheepish grin. “I don’t always stop to think about how my words might affect others. It’s something I’m working on, though. And I certainly didn’t mean to upset you.”

Dante’s eyebrows shot up in surprise as she mentioned slipping something in his drink, a mixture of amusement and intrigue crossing his features. “Is that so?” he replied, a playful smirk dancing on his lips. “I must admit, I’m both impressed and slightly concerned by your resourcefulness.”

There was a glint of admiration in his eyes as he regarded her. “I wouldn’t doubt your ability to uncover secrets if you set your mind to it,” he conceded, a hint of respect in his tone. “But I’m relieved to hear that you prefer the long game. It’s much more…entertaining, wouldn’t you agree?”

When Dante heard she had misunderstood what he had meant, and once again brought up the fact he had named her before, he decided maybe the best thing to do was to directly address it. Dante’s smirk widened as he listened to Celestine’s response, realizing her interpretation of his words. “Ah, my dear, it seems there’s been a slight misunderstanding,” he began, his tone light yet earnest. “I wasn’t calling naming you bold. Quite the opposite, actually. I was referring to my own boldness in revealing myself.” Dante’s grin softened as he considered Celestine’s words. “I suppose I did jump the gun a bit when it comes to the naming, didn’t I? Sometimes I forget to play by all these rules.” With a shrug, he added, “Guess I’m just not one for sticking to conventions, you know?”

He let out a small chuckle as he went into his thoughts for a brief moment, feeling that no matter what, he would never do right in her eyes. It was quite ironic, wasn’t it? But part of him enjoyed them, the way she kept him on his toes, challenged him. offering her a small smile, “But hey, if my antics threw you off, I’ll do my best to make it up to you. Perhaps a dance to make amends? I heard I owe you one anyway” He said, referring back to how she had called him out for not having asked her to dance.

As they were waiting at the entrance gate, Dante noticed how Celestine seemed to be quite worried. “Ah, my dear Celestine, always sharp and curious,” he began, his gaze meeting hers. “You needn’t worry about being implicated in anything. As for ‘he,’ well, he’s a key player in our little escapade. A friend, you could say, though not in the traditional sense.”

He paused for a moment, enjoying the intrigue reflected in Celestine’s eyes. “But alas, all will be revealed in due time. For now, let’s just say our journey is about to become a tad more interesting. Trust me, you’ll want to see this.” After a mysterious smirk, he tapped his foot impatiently.

@cordyx - Celestine

3 Likes

|808px;x233px;

When she looked back up to see the man before her, Desdemona realized how he had leaned in closer to her. Puzzled, she tilted her head, and smiled a bit, pleased. There was something quite lovely about him, but what was it? He had very beautiful eyes, and his hair looked soft to comb through, very handsome, and gentle. Like a friend. A friend. She spaced into his eyes as he spoke, becoming unaware of his dialogue and thanking her, but she was quickly brought back to reality when he turned back to the girl below them.

She didn’t think he noticed, but as soon as the boy turned away, her hands trembled, stressed from the strain of her magic, and her irises flashed to white.

In her mind, she saw flames; flames wavering through the air, their roots attached to light brown wood, organized neatly into rows; the exterior of a home. The whole house looked to be burning down from the outside, and Desdemona couldn’t see it; but she knew who was inside. Behind the estate, the lake glimmered with the reflection of the view, and even in the cerulean water, you could see shades of orange from the flames, scattered all over the edifice like on remains after an explosion. They were going to burn! She thought back to the building. Why, why?

“Wait…!” A loud voice awoke her, saving her from herself, and with a hard blink, her hazel eyes recovered their original state before he could turn back to see her. Looking around, the girl in the blue dress was gone, no longer in Desdemona’s line of vision.

The man sighed, frustrated as if he wanted to talk to her, but could not bring himself to chase her. She wondered why, and he asked her if she would be okay. Usually, Desdemona’s demeanor was confident and trusting almost to a fault, asserting that everything was going to be okay. But in the moment, just coming down from a vision, her energy was low, and she did not have it in her to be so optimistic.

“Yes, I think so…” Mona said. Truthfully though, if she had said a bit more, she would have told him that she has only had to regenerate animals before, so she does not know if she is fully capable of healing humans. But quickly, she was regaining her awareness, a smile appearing on her lips when he complimented her magic.

She beamed, “thank you!” and was going to elaborate, until the other person began to speak again, and she listened keenly. “You seem to care for her a lot,” she thought aloud. “Are you boyfriend and girlfriend?” The girl asked another question innocently, then a mischevious smile appeared on her lips, suggesting that she was intruiged to hear his answer. Although she had just held her, Mona’s worry about the navy-dressed girl seemed to fall away,

@idiot.exe Atlas sorry this took 1m years

3 Likes

Copy of Copy of Copy of Silas

𓆩⟡𓆪 𓆩⟡𓆪 𓆩⟡𓆪

Thalia was quite amazed at how easy she was embarrassing herself today. To be fair, she had too much to drink, way too much, so she should be patting herself in the back for not being much more worst, but at the same time, nobody had told her to drink all that she drank.

Self-control had never been Thalia’s strong suit. She remembered her mother often chiding her for being too “carefree,” contrasting her with Calista, who seemed to approach everything with careful consideration. Yet, her mother would also praise her for not being as impulsive as Kaelith.

Still, Thalia would not consider herself carefree really- especially considering that to be care free meant to be free from anxieties and responsibilities, and Thalia was definitely not free from all that description, and a lot of Thalia’s actions stemmed from her… right, where was she on again? As Thalia was saying, she was quite amazed at how easily it seemed it was for her to embarrass herself, considering that she was now leaning over a bush, with a girl- a girl whom Thalia had been caught taking pictures off, pulling her curls away from her face and Thalia let out all that she had consumed, the acid burning her throat as it came up. She felt utterly mortified, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment as she straightened up.

“So… do you need to- where could we…” Freya’s words stumbled in circles. If Thalia hadn’t been so intoxicated and engulfed in embarrassment, she would have noticed how effortlessly Freya tripped over her words in an endearing manner. Thalia might have found it cute and intriguing—the awkwardness in Freya’s speech. It was unexpected from someone like Freya, yet oddly fitting

“Um, yeah, sure,” Thalia muttered weakly, not fully understanding what she was agreeing too or if the question really needed her answer, all she knew is that Thalia was too follow the girl, and she did, strolling behind the girl with shaky steps.

They reached a room, and usually, when in a room, Thalia would have taken the time, to go over the room’s details, its structure and design- for after all if there was one thing Thalia loved except drinking and art, it was architecture, but one can’t really appreciate the beauty of architecture with a hazy mind, can they?

Thalia stood awkwardly, leaning against a wall, her head pounding with each beat of her heart. The alcohol was really hitting her now, and she felt a wave of nausea wash over her. She closed her eyes for a moment, as she slowly dropped to the ground in a squat like position, “H…Hey” Thalia began, her voice coming out in a weak murmur. She felt her face flush with embarrassment, unsure of what to say to Freya after everything that had just happened. “I just wanted to say… I’m sorry for all the trouble. I’m not usually like this, I swear.” She felt her face flush with embarrassment as she struggled to find the right words.

Thalia could guess that she was perhaps not being as convincing as she tried to be. “I mean, I don’t usually drink this much- well, most of the time I try to avoid it and hope I don’t fail, and I definitely don’t usually… well, you know,” she continued, gesturing vaguely to the mess she had made earlier. “I guess I just got carried away, and I am sorry for…” Thalia groaned, placing her head on her lap, then removing it, “Causing trouble,” She finished up.

@novella

3 Likes

Esther Ruth Dubois (2)

━─━────༺༻────━─━

Wandering the vast halls, she was lost in an unfamiliar world, facing the consequences of her own making. Esther’s feet carried her forward, but blindly guided by instinct alone. Her mind searched for an escape, some peace, a respite from the adrenaline still pulsing through her veins. But despite her determination, she almost couldn’t bear another step. All she could do was stop just to catch her breath, to shake off the nerves. She found herself in an area lit dimly, like a shadow casted over it, but there was light ahead, a single room with a light on. Esther felt a sinking feeling in her gut, but she had no other choice, she was lost. And so, with hesitancy in her steps, she walked. But, as she grew near, just a couple doors away, a striking melody enveloped her ears. A faint piano harmony, paired with sorrowful singing. Esther quickly fixated her mask atop her nose, concealing her identity once again.

“So don’t blame me for being nocturnal
Don’t blame me for loving the truths that only come out at night.”

She stood right outside the door listening, apprehension hanging heavily in the air. “No”, she thought, “I must be -”, but her ears didn’t deceive her.

“They’re just like me
The things you don’t talk about.
They’re all I have”

Esther inched closer, peering one eye into the room, immediately noticing the flask and that his face was bare, but his features slightly hidden. As he drew a breath, he hit the keys, looking up at the ceiling for a second. Just long enough for a sliver of light to illuminate his face, revealing such a sight that caused her heart to drop into the pit of her stomach. “Vinnie?”

Realizing that she was in full view, she tried to turn and run, but he’d already seen her. “Are you looking for something?”. Her breath hitched, but she managed a smile. Clearing her throat, she locked eyes with him, her hand forming a tight fist behind her. Resentment, agony, despair, the mixture of feelings making her skin crawl, all her fears turning to rage. Esther let out an eerily calm sigh, “I’m afraid I’m lost, I don’t mean to intrude”. Putting on her best smile, she added, “Did you write that song yourself? You’ve got a deep passion in your voice”.

━─━────༺༻────━─━

@raviola - Vincenzo PR - gn see y’all tm

2 Likes

Lyra

Lyra listened intently to Ayla’s reassurances, feeling a sense of relief wash over her as her cousin spoke. Ayla’s logical approach to the situation grounded Lyra’s swirling thoughts, offering a beacon of optimism amidst the uncertainty.

“You’re right,” Lyra responded with a bright smile, her voice infused with newfound positivity. “Cautious, not paranoid. I like that.” Her gaze met Ayla’s with newfound determination, a spark of resilience igniting within her. “We can’t control everything around us, but we can control how we respond,” she continued, her tone growing more assured with each word. “And you’re absolutely right about not letting our fears take the reins. We’re stronger than that!” With a genuine smile, Lyra conveyed her gratitude and solidarity. “Thanks for always being the voice of reason, Ayla.”

“Thank you, Ayla,” Lyra replied to her cousin saying she would be there at the memorial, her voice gentle yet sincere. “I’m truly grateful you’re willing to be there. Honoring Lysander’s memory means a lot to me, and having you by my side will make it even more special.”

She offered a warm smile, sensing Ayla’s effort to mask her emotions. “It’s okay to feel a mix of emotions about this,” Lyra assured her, her tone soft and understanding. “I understand if this is difficult for you, with Alexander.” She then offered Ayla a supportive gaze, encouraging her to express her true emotions without fear of judgment. “If you’re not ready to dive into this right now, that’s completely okay,” Lyra continued, her voice gentle but firm. “Remember, your feelings matter just as much as mine!”

As they had moved to the bar, Lyra chuckled softly at Ayla’s question about her age, finding the situation somewhat amusing. She then offered a reassuring smile and shake of the head, “Don’t worry, Ayla,” she said, her tone light and reassuring. “I’m turning 21 in three days, so I’m all good. But time really does fly, doesn’t it?” she commented with a chuckle.

As they stood at the bar, surrounded by the enchanting atmosphere of the ballroom, Lyra’s curiosity and sense of adventure were piqued. She glanced at the array of drinks before them, her mind buzzing with anticipation for the night ahead. “So, any preferences on the wine?” she asked Ayla, her tone cheerful and inviting.

Ayla - @Tina.G

4 Likes

{ Monday, September 4, 2023 }

After the masquerade ball, Ninth House transitions into a new day filled with possibilities. As students wake up to the gentle sunlight filtering through their dorm room windows, they find themselves with a first uni day ahead.

{ Schedule }

Breakfast: 7:30 - 9:00 am

Morning Classes: 9:30 am - 1:00 pm

• Enchanted Music Composition: 9:30 am - 11:00 am (Enigma Stag and Cipher)
  • Unconventional Psychology: 9:30 am - 11:00 am (Quantum and Umbra Coven)
  • Astral Projection and Dreamwalking: 11:30 am - 1:00 pm (Quantum and Enigma Stag)
  • Dark Arts Aesthetics: 11:30 am - 1:00 pm (Cipher and Umbra Coven)

Lunch: 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm

Afternoon Classes: 3:30 pm - 6:00 pm

• Core Class - Elemental Alchemy: 3:30 pm - 4:45 pm
  • Core Class - Classic Literature Revival: 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm

Evening Bonfire Gathering: 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm

guide

Breakfast is served from 7:30 to 9:00 am in the dormitory building. After that, students cross the bridge to the main building where all their classes take place. The day begins with a diverse array of courses tailored to each school group’s unique interests and magical specialties:

1. Enchanted Music Composition: From 9:30 to 11:00 am, students immerse themselves in the enchanting melodies and mystical harmonies of this collaborative class, where the Enigma Stag and Cipher groups come together.
  2. Unconventional Psychology: From 9:30 to 11:00 am, Quantum and Umbra Coven students delve into the depths of the human mind, exploring unconventional therapeutic methods and the exploration of altered states of consciousness.
  3. Astral Projection and Dreamwalking: Following a brief interlude, from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm, Quantum and Enigma Stag students embark on a journey beyond the confines of the physical realm, navigating the enigmatic landscapes of the ethereal realms through astral projection and dreamwalking.
  4. Dark Arts Aesthetics: Simultaneously, Cipher and Umbra Coven students explore the allure of shadows and mysteries from 11:30 am to 1:00 pm, delving into the aesthetic appeal of the darker aspects of art and creating works that capture the essence of the enigmatic.

Afternoon Activities:

After a well-deserved lunch break from 1:30 to 2:30 pm, students go back for their afternoon classes, which extend from 3:30 pm to 6:00 pm:

1. Core Class - Elemental Alchemy: From 3:30 to 4:45 pm, students engage in alchemical experiments, studying transmutations under the guidance of an alchemist professor.
  2. Core Class - Classic Literature Revival: Concluding the day’s academic pursuits from 5:00 to 6:00 pm, students gather to revisit classical literature, exploring timeless works from various cultures and historical periods, and engaging in discussions on enduring themes and literary techniques.

Evening Social Gathering:

As the day draws to a close, students gather around the flickering flames of an evening bonfire from 8:00 to 10:00 pm, happening every Monday. At this time students can also use the kitchen to prepare dinner for themselves. All of these after class activities are not mandatory.

:)

@NinthHouse

9 Likes

Copy of Copy of Copy of Silas

[𓆩⟡𓆪 𓆩⟡𓆪 𓆩⟡𓆪]

Thalia’s awakening wasn’t greeted by the soft hues of dawn or the chirping of birds; instead, it was a reluctant emergence from the clutches of sleep into a realm shrouded in discomfort and remorse. Her mind felt ensnared in a vice grip of pain, and the mere notion of opening her eyes seemed to trigger a visceral recoil. The taste lingering in her mouth resembled a concoction brewed from the depths of despair—a bitter blend of spirits and regret.

Summoning every ounce of willpower she possessed, Thalia forced herself to sit up in bed, groaning as her head throbbed in protest. With a deep sigh, she swung her legs over the edge of the bed and reluctantly stood up, feeling as though she were walking through a foggy haze.

Dragging herself to the bathroom, Thalia winced as the harsh light assaulted her senses. She squinted against the brightness, her head pounding with each step. Leaning heavily against the sink, she turned on the faucet and splashed cold water on her face, hoping to wash away some of the lingering effects of the night before and with a sigh she had entered the shower.

As the water cascaded over her skin, Thalia closed her eyes and let out a long, shaky breath. The cool sensation provided a momentary respite from the throbbing ache in her head, offering a fleeting sense of clarity amidst the chaos.

“Stupid, Stupid,” Thalia repeated out loud as she washed her hair, her hands massaging her scalp. She was indeed quite stupid, for many reasons, one for taking early morning classes knowing she had a terrible habit, and two for having that terrible habit.

That terrible habit, either led to events that Thalia found herself amused by or events that Thalia preferred not to think about the morning after, and yesterday’s problem was definitely the later.

Finishing her shower, Thalia stepped out of the steam-filled bathroom and wrapped herself in a plush towel and brushed her teeth, when she was done she entered her room and could not help but to feel a sense of happiness that her room was her’s and her’s alone- no pounding noise and enough space to do what she wanted, just how the Lord had intended.

She smiled, dressing herself in a white turtleneck blue jeans, and a brown jacket, her pendant on top of her shirt. As Thalia checked the time on her phone, she noted that there was still some time to roam the building before her classes began. However, she realized that she didn’t have as much time as usual due to oversleeping . Hastily grabbing her birding backpack, Thalia ventured out into the hallway.

The dull ache in her head persisted as she wandered through the corridors, her footsteps echoing in the empty halls. Thoughts of whether she should eat something before class crossed her mind, a dilemma she faced every morning. Thalia wasn’t one to typically eat breakfast, finding it to be a “waste of time” that often left her feeling uncomfortable. However, she had heard that eating something could alleviate a hangover, and the idea seemed appealing given her current state.

But alcohol was also appealing back then and breakfast is a waste of time, so perhaps not. “Des?” Thalia said to herself, as she saw a figure standing in a corner, her flowing black hair, striking figure along with her almond-shaped eyes that were a deep shade of brown, framed by thick, dark lashes that accentuated their intensity made it obvious it was Desdemona.

The corners of her lips tugged at each other into a smile, and Thalia was ready to approach-she would have, if not for the hesitation that had possessed her like a ghost.

Her morning strolls were usually times of solitude, times where Her morning strolls were usually times of solitude, times where Thalia could lose herself in the quiet rhythm of her footsteps and the gentle hum of her thoughts. They were moments of introspection and inspiration, where she could find inspiration, take notes of her surroundings by taking pictures, and tucking them to analyze them for later. It was also the fact that it was way too early in the morning for a conversation, and Thalia could still feel a slight pounding in her head that made the spirit of hesitation able to possess her.

So giving all of this, did Thalia really want to converse this early in the morning with the lingering taste that existed? no, that was the answer, no. For she shall see Desdemona later, and they shall have time to converse later, when Thalia’s minds was clear and she had gotten the pictures she needed.

Thalia was about to turn around, turn around and walk the other way, as if she had not seen Desdemona, but she could not do that as their eyes met, a flicker of recognition passing between them, prompting a hesitant smile to grace Thalia’s lips.

“Hey,” Thalia began as she approached Desdemona, spreading her arms for a hug. “How are you?” She questioned, closing the distance between them. Despite her reservations, there was a small part of Thalia that welcomed the distraction, if only momentarily, from her own thoughts and the relentless pounding in her skull. “You look well rested!” Thalia wished she could say the same about herself.

[𓆩⟡𓆪 𓆩⟡𓆪 𓆩⟡𓆪]

@raviola

[𓆩⟡𓆪 𓆩⟡𓆪 𓆩⟡𓆪]

5 Likes

Lyra

Last night marked a promising start, largely due to the somewhat unexpected encounter with her cousin, Ayla. However, the aftermath of two glasses of wine left Lyra feeling slightly hungover as she prepared for the first day of classes. Despite this, she was determined to exude confidence and charm, so after a refreshing shower, she choose one of her favorite green overalls paired with a delicate mesh shirt adorned with white embroidered flowers. Her hair, styled in two simple braids, framed her face elegantly. As she assessed her reflection in the mirror, a sense of contentment washing over her.

As she walked to her class she spotted Esther, her childhood friend. A warm smile spread across Lyra’s face as she made her way over to greet her. Esther’s presence brought a sense of comfort and familiarity. “Esther!” she exclaimed in excitement as she pulled Esther into a tight hug, she hadn’t seen her friend in a little bit. “I’ve missed you!”

However, her excited mood shifted, as she caught sight of another familiar face, one that stirred mixed emotions within her. Determined to confide in Esther, Lyra gently guided her friend towards the nearest restroom, seeking a moment of privacy to share her thoughts and feelings.

Once inside the restroom, Lyra leaned against the sink, her expression serious yet tinged with a hint of uncertainty. “Esther, there’s something I need to tell you,” she began, her voice soft but determined. She wasn’t quite sure how to bring this up, but she knew she needed to confide in her friend.

Esther - @Mouschi
Mentioned:
Ayla - @Tina.G
Vincenzo - @raviola :eyes:

6 Likes

Copy of Black Minimal Motivation Quote LinkedIn Banner (1)

As the morning sun filtered through the curtains, Inessa stirred awake, feeling refreshed and invigorated. The remnants of the previous night’s festivities lingered in her memory, but she was eager to embrace the new day ahead. With a sense of anticipation, she embraced the familiarity of her routine, relishing in the comfort of being back in this space.

Inessa savored the comfort of her room at school, where light blue walls were accentuated by touches of pink, creating a serene and inviting atmosphere. The large window seat bathed in sunlight. And then, there were her plants—green, vibrant, and thriving, infusing the space with life and vitality. While she cherished her room at home, there was something uniquely special about this space—it felt truly her own, a sanctuary where she could retreat and be herself.

As Inessa rolled over in her bed, her gaze drifted towards the window, a small smile playing on her lips. She enjoyed the challenges and rewards that came with academic success, the satisfaction of striving for excellence.

Inessa moved softly across the old hardwood floors, mindful of the creaks that echoed. Each step was deliberate, a delicate dance to avoid disturbing her neighbors below. The worn planks beneath her feet told stories of years gone by, their aged surface bearing the marks of countless footsteps and memories. Despite their age, there was a certain charm to the floorboards, a sense of history and character that added to the timeless appeal of her surroundings. Inessa moved with a gentle grace.

Inessa’s fingers moved with practiced ease as she prepared her morning tea, measuring out the dried leaves and depositing them into the waiting cup. With each motion, she infused the air with the soothing aroma of her favorite blend, the familiar scent enveloping her in a comforting embrace. As she poured the hot water, she watched as the leaves unfurled and danced in the steaming liquid, releasing their essence with every swirl. It was a ritual she cherished—a moment of quiet contemplation and mindfulness to start her day on a peaceful note.

With her tea securely capped in a reusable cup, Inessa made her way into the bathroom to prepare for the day ahead. She moved through her morning routine with efficiency and purpose, savoring the simple pleasures of self-care and preparation.

As Inessa made her way down the hallway, her steps were purposeful and confident, a sense of determination radiating from her every movement.

With a cup of freshly refilled tea in one hand and a bag of books, papers, and pens slung over her shoulder. She glanced down briefly, admiring the neat bunny ear bows of her perfectly tied shoes and the way her socks hugged her ankles. Her legs, toned and tanned from days spent outdoors, peeked out from beneath the hem of her short sundress, the vibrant yellow fabric a cheerful contrast to the muted tones of the hallway. Despite being indoors, Inessa carried with her the warmth and brightness of the sun.

While she cherished the brightness and warmth of the outdoors, there was something undeniably exhilarating about the shadowy corridors of the school. It was a place of intrigue. Despite its somber atmosphere, Inessa found solace and comfort in the familiarity of these halls.

A subtle shift in her demeanor hinted at the different side she kept hidden. She had found herself increasingly drawn to the darker, more enigmatic aspects of the school environme.

As Inessa rounded the corner, her gaze lifted, and she caught sight of him standing just a few feet away. Memories flooded her mind as she took a sip of her tea. It had been years since they first met in this very spot, their shared love for the library forging a bond. Together, they had spent countless hours within those book stacks, losing themselves in the pages of books and the depths of conversation. Days blurred into nights as they delved into the realms of literature, their connection deepening with each moment.

As she observed him from afar, she couldn’t help but notice a subtle change in his appearance. His dark hair, familiar, framed his face. But there was something different about him now—had he grown out his facial hair over the summer? It was a small detail, yet it added a rugged charm to his features, lending him an air of maturity.

With a slight tightening of her grip on the strap of her bag, Inessa approached him, her steps steady but tinged with a hint of nervous anticipation.

“Fancy meeting you here,” Inessa said, her tone laced with a hint of mystery as she studied him. Was he excited to see her?

Her mind buzzed with questions. What had he done over the summer? Why had he decided to come back? He hadn’t said anything to her. It left her wondering, searching for answers in the depths of his gaze.

Inessa couldn’t help but tease him lightly as she observed their surroundings. “Not surprised this is where you decided to go on our first day back,” she remarked with a playful grin. Despite her own presence in the library, she found amusement in the familiarity of their shared choice to return to this familiar setting.

“It seems like we’ve both fallen back into our routines,” Inessa remarked, a note of nostalgia in her voice. ”Some things never change, huh?"
@astxrism cutie boy Hayes

7 Likes

Renlin

Renlins evening unfolded like a rollercoaster ride, full of unexpected twists and turns. Despite the turbulence, he managed to find moments of enjoyment amidst the chaos. Perhaps it was the adrenaline rush from his encounter with his new friend Mr. Adrian, the lingering effects of alcohol, or simply sheer exhaustion, but he somehow let himself drift off to sleep (and actually sleep peacefully) for a few precious hours. Surprisingly, when he woke up the next morning, he found himself with only minimal signs of fatigue under his eyes. It was a small victory in the aftermath of a tumultuous night.

Despite managing to catch a few hours of sleep, Renlin still found himself in need of a strong cup of coffee to kickstart his day. The demands of the day ahead left him craving the caffeine boost to fuel him.

As Renlin reached for his trusty mug, he couldn’t help but notice the faint brown stains on its interior. Despite his efforts to rinse it out after each use, the stubborn marks seemed to have settled in over time, a testament to the countless cups of coffee that had fueled his late nights and early mornings. With a nonchalant shrug, he decided it added character to his faithful companion.

With a wry smile, Renlin glanced around his room, taking in the scattered papers, discarded clothing, and general disarray that seemed to define his living space. Compared to the chaos that surrounded him, the stained mug suddenly seemed like a beacon of cleanliness and order. He chuckled to himself, acknowledging the irony of the situation as he reached for the coffee maker, determined to start his day off on the right foot despite the clutter that surrounded him.

As the coffee brewed in the background, filling the air with its rich aroma. He watched the coffee drip slowly, almost meditatively. Pulled out of his trance by the sudden realization that he needed to get dressed, Renlin turned sharply on his heel and made his way to the dresser.

Grabbing a pair of navy shorts from the dresser, Renlin’s eyes fell upon a white graphic tee lying on the floor. He eyed the tee skeptically, contemplating whether it had passed the smell test. He wasn’t one to fuss over details, especially when it came to his wardrobe. With a casual shrug, he decided to trust his instincts and slipped the tee over his head. As he tugged on his navy shorts, he couldn’t shake the feeling that he was missing something, but he brushed it aside.

With his outfit sorted, Renlin headed back to the coffee maker, where the rich aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the air. He poured himself a steaming cup, savoring the warmth that spread through his body as he took the first sip.

Black coffee was Renlin’s go-to. Sure, he wouldn’t turn down a caramel macchiato with whipped cream on top every now and then, but there was something about the simplicity of black coffee that appealed to him. It was strong and bold. Plus, no matter how strong he brewed it, it never seemed strong enough to fully satisfy his caffeine cravings.

He slid a pen into the pocket of his pants as he walked past a disorganized pile of supplies just on the floor at the foot of his bed. His hand reached for a jacket—an eye-catching combination of orange, black, and yes, cheetah print. With a nonchalant air, he shrugged into the jacket and headed out of the room, the door swinging shut behind him but not latching fully. He paid it no mind as he made his way down the hallway. Coffee in hand, he set out to start his day.

——————————————-

The lair of his brothers, and Amani, held a special place in Renlin’s heart. It wasn’t just a room; it was a sanctuary where laughter echoed and bonds were forged. Within its walls, secrets were shared, plans were hatched, and friendships flourished. It was a sacred space reserved exclusively for members of Umbra.

Renlin’s thoughts drifted to the members who had come before him, the ones whose stories he knew and those who remained a mystery. Each member had left their mark on Umbra, contributing to its legacy in their own unique way.

As Ren stepped into the dimly lit room, a shiver of anticipation ran down his spine. Despite its somewhat eerie atmosphere, he found comfort in the flickering flames of the fire, casting dancing shadows on the walls. There were no windows in this room, but somehow, that only added to its mystique.

Renlin’s smile widened into a toothy grin as he took in the familiar faces of his fellow Umbra members already gathered in the room. They were more than just friends; they were his brothers in arms, bound by a shared sense of purpose and loyalty. He felt a deep connection with them, a bond that went beyond mere friendship.

His eyes scanned the room, and he spotted Vinnie already taking charge as part of the initiation team for the new members.

Ah, initiation into Umbra. Renlin vividly recalled his freshman year, when the older members had orchestrated a unique challenge for him and a select few in his class: a race filled with obstacles and hidden challenges. While he could share the basic premise with outsiders, the details remained a closely guarded secret known only to members of Umbra.

He raised his mug in a silent toast to a few of the Umbra coven members lounging on the couch. Then, with a playful grin, he called out to his friend, Vinnie, across the room, “Take it easy, Vin!”

It wasn’t wrong to say that Renlin felt almost like a king in this room. He was friends with everyone here, his name known to all, and he was generally one of the most liked members. He relished in this feeling, enjoying how others came to him for things. It was a stark contrast to when he was new, looking up to these types of guys, and now finding himself among them.

Not the leader type, he would leave that role to his friend. But he saw himself more as a big brother to all, offering guidance (not always the best!) and support whenever needed.

Renlin settled into his seat at the table, he was pulled into the conversation by the members discussing their night. He felt a sense of camaraderie among them, a shared bond forged through their experiences within Umbra. As they delved into questions about his speech and whether he was in trouble, Renlin’s mind wandered, reflecting on the events of the previous night.

He couldn’t help but feel a tinge of pride at having stirred up some intrigue, even if it had landed him in the dean’s office. Yet, amidst the chatter and curiosity of his fellow members, a separate conversation caught his attention. It seemed to hold a certain weight, a whisper of secrecy that intrigued him further, drawing him into its orbit.

Renlin leaned in the direction of the intriguing conversation, resting his elbow on the table as he set down his mug with a bit more force than intended. He caught a glance from a member seated across from him, but his focus remained fixed on the discussion unfolding before him.

“Do you think the Dumans are actually going to talk to each other this year?” one member asked, prompting a thoughtful pause from the others.“It was weird last year’s sleepover, they didn’t even acknowledge each other,” another chimed in.“Dude, absolutely not. They hate each other. Their families are like archenemies or something. They couldn’t care less that they’re cousins,” a third member added with a shake of their head. “Wasn’t Tae’s brother in Umbra too?” a member asked, raising an eyebrow in curiosity.

Renlin chuckled at this remark, making it evident he had been eavesdropping on the conversation. “Half-brother,” he stated matter-of-factly, adding his own insight to the discussion.

@raviola vin
@Caticorn tae

5 Likes

Copy of Copy of Silas (1)

[[౨ৎ]

With skin the color of acorns and hair dark brown, the woman stood in a room. Her face appeared blurry, yet Amani sensed a frightened expression. The woman took a step back, raising her hand defensively. “Stop!” she cried out, her voice tinged with fear and anger. “The answer is no, I shall not—” But then the voice wavered, the scene flickering as the woman fell to her knees and everything faded to black.

It was a strange dream, a repetition of a particular scene that Amani couldn’t quite grasp. There were many aspects of the dream that puzzled her: What triggered it? Why was it recurring? When Amani was younger, she often experienced cryptic dreams like this one—scenes that made no sense, featuring a woman whose face remained obscured. It was as if she didn’t want to be seen or someone didn’t want her to be seen.

As Amani grew older, these dreams ceased, and she nearly forgot about them. But now they had returned unexpectedly. Strange as it was, at least it diverted her thoughts from the events of last night. No, Amani decided, she would not dwell on that. Last night didn’t happen; it didn’t exist. She had washed it from her skin and cleared it from her mind. She stood up, arranging her bed like she always did, doing her usual morning 15 minutes yoga session and stretches, before she headed towards the showers, the dream and all of yesterday replaying in her mind. “Fcking Vincenzo,” Amani muttered as the water fell on her skin, she placed her hands on her forehead, rubbing her temples. She hoped his morning was miserable

Coming out from the bathroom, Amani had dressed herself, a white shirt, covered by an emerald sweater- because of course Amani had to have green in her outfit, it was not really Amani if she did not have one item that was green on her body. She put on transparent tights accompanied by a short skirt and a black jacket-a jacket which once belonged to her elder sister, Marium Zalia Monet, and was giving to Amani as a gift- well, it was more like Amani took it, and her sister let her, but that was practically the same thing.

As Amani walked from the dorms to the school, she decided to call her mother. With her tote bag slung over her shoulder, books packed inside, she dialed her mother’s number, remembering she had not called them since she came back to Ninth house

“Hey, Mom,” Amani greeted warmly as her mother answered the call. They exchanged pleasantries, chatting about their plans for the day and catching up on the latest news. Amani smiled as she listened to her mother’s voice, “Love you too,” Amani ended the call with a kiss , slipping her phone inside her bag as they neared the school. Entering the school’s lunchroom, Amani ordered her usual breakfast—avocado toast and a caramel latte. She found a quiet corner to sit and study, pulling out her books from her tote bag and preparing to dive into her studies.

Like always, Amani was going to read a page ahead than the rest of her schoolmates, to make sure that she was always the top of her class, and she was always ahead- academic validation was truly the only validation Amani needed, none of that nonsense than he had talked about, thinking she was still the same as before.

Amani flipped the book to page 145, about to write down some things, when she decided to look up, her eyes widening in surprise. There, walking by, was someone she hadn’t seen in a long time, a childhood ‘friend’, well former, the term friend was used quite loosely. A smirk tugged at the corners of her lips as she watched the familiar figure pass by. She wondered what they had been up to and whether they had changed at all since the last time she saw them, “Arya Sellonova,” Amani greeted, closing her book, a flicker of amusement dancing in her eyes. “You truly do look better without Gardens trailing behind you,” Gardens was one of the many nicknames Amani had coined for Inessa Dunman, cousin to Tae Dunman- who Amani would say was her favorite alive Dunman-, and sister to Renlin Dunman, whom Amani also disliked, but sadly the Dunmans were friends with her family, they were family friends, Amani had been forced to grow up with and see everyday, at least that gave birth to a lot of wonderful nicknames for Inessa, whom as from what Amani recalls was still friends with Ayra. There was bulges, bulgy eyes, l och ness monster(that one had been made when she was 11, a play on her name),

Amani eyes scanned Ayra’s, taking in her outfit “A suit?” Amani asked raising a brow, "Fancy today, anything special occurring? " Amani was going to end it with something crude, a comment regarding another person, but she decided to hold her tongue for now.

@CerealKiller -Ayra S.

mentioned

@Madilnel -rennessa

@raviola - vin

@Caticorn - Tae

4 Likes

enzo|597px;x209px;

In the morning, Vincenzo laid in his bed with his arms over the blankets, and his eyes open. He wanted to rest, but earlier, he woke up and his body knew there would be no going back to sleep. He wasn’t going to dream anything anyway, he seldom did.

It was frustrating, inconvenient. The bags under his eyes were dark, and if you ran your fingers along them, you’d realize they were deep, too, small pits symbolic of the events of last night.

He felt fine for the most part, deciding to sit up, but as soon as he did his head throbbed like getting up had rattled his brain inside his skull. He was so close to not drinking last night, only having a few champagne glasses before running off with Amani, but he just had to take off and finish his flask to free himself. Expected.

For a minute, he thought back to Amani. Was that interaction real? After months of not speaking, he thought they might argue, maybe have a small, bitter interaction because they could not avoid each other around school; but they had been doing fine. Near the end of the last school year, they managed to not speak in class at all. Sometimes they both raised their hands for the same questions, but as soon as one noticed the other, they both looked away just as fast. During that time, he knew they were in the same group; he knew they would eventually have to confront each other once more, so he expected their argument, and honestly, she said everything he thought she would. It was his own actions that he had not predicted. That part had felt so good, but he tuned it out. None of it could happen again.

Perturbed by his thoughts, he threw the covers off from himself, and got up to make himself a coffee.

In the kitchen, the man opened one of the top cabinets to retrieve his “trusty mug” according to Renlin, which matched his. What the mug said was not important, but he took it and set up the coffee machine where the water began to brew his drink, dark brown liquid dripping swiftly into the white ceramic. As soon as it stopped, Vincenzo removed the mug from the coffee machine, and let it cool down for a few seconds before taking a sip. Hopefully this would give him energy to get through the first day.

To no surprise, the coffee was not helping. Vincenzo walked through the school hallway looking a bit better than he did in the morning, but he felt just the same, so when he walked, he bumped into someone, causing him to slow a bit and notice a familiar freckled face nearby. Looking away, he rolled his eyes. These esther-like coincidences had to stop.

Off the balcony of the Umbra suite, Vincenzo cupped his hand around the atmosphere of his cigarette as he lit it, courtesy to his raven-haired friend standing beside him. A small flame ignited, then quickly fell away, and he put the good side to his lips, taking a drag, and dropping his head back as the smoke billowed into the air. A wave of nicotine flooded through his brain, and physically, he felt the stress in his shoulders seem to dissipate. He needed the smoke after that long first school day, he could not believe it was already seven, but looking at the setting sun, it may have been even later.

When he recovered from the nicotine wave, his friend whispered something, and Vincenzo nodded, letting him leave before taking in the view.

On the horizon, its light reflected over the water surrounding the academy, the water wavering as freshwater fish swam beneath it. The surface of it looked dark, darker than it usually did when he saw it during passing periods, almost black. Under the orange of the sky, and in the yellow of the sun, it colored like an eclipse, overlapping the sun and moon to create an eternal night; the Umbra Coven.

He thought of them at once. Soon, he would be going to their annual welcome party (that was a nice way of saying they were going to have a hazing sleepover.) He still wasn’t dressed for it, though. He was still clad in his school clothes; he wore a button up shirt and a loosely done tie, with jeans and an unofficially classic Wyndham jacket. It was his impression of them; how he felt compared to the rest.

When his rest had felt long enough, Vincenzo turned around, walking back into the Umbra suite where he saw all of the guys in their usual chaos; some guys on the couches, others on the floor. Some in pajamas, some in daytime clothing, socks on the carpet, and some beer bottles from the prior night. He tried to block it out of his mind, but maybe he could remember his conversation with Esther; that one wasn’t as bad.

He shook his head thinking about it, and then recovered in all in that same instant he had walked through the door. Without bothering to go to his room, he picked up his feet to take his shoes off and tossed them at his sides. “Alright, fuckers,” he said in the most tumblr way possible, “who hasn’t done this before?”

A few guys raised their hands, all freshmen, he would say all innocent, but in the nightshade brotherhood, that wasn’t likely. Vincenzo scanned through the room, until he saw an unfamiliar face at the end, with his hand down. He was about Vincenzo’s own height, and had dark brown features on fair skin. He dressed like a scholar, which made Vincenzo laugh as he looked him up and down, but instinctively, there was something about him that Enzo trusted.

“And you?” He told the man. “I haven’t seen you before either.”

From a distance, he heard the voice of Renlin, one of Vincenzo’s best friends, if not the inherent favorite. Enzo turned around briefly, saw the guy discouraging him from his seat, and chuckled. It was sweet of him to try and discourage Enzo, but it obviously was not going to work. He liked to think of himself as a good student, and good students value school rules. This was tradition, so, he couldn’t abandon the ritual.

He turned back to face the guy. “You look like an upperclassman, so let me guess, you transferred?” Effortlessly, Vincenzo always seemed to ask his questions with utmost confidence. In his demeanor, you could probably tell that he thought very highly of himself, but it was more than that. There were reasons for his arrogance, and one of them dealt with how easily it was for him to do things like this.

At his signal, two of the other guys from the group that he liked to hang around came to where the both of them stood, one on either side of Vincenzo, surrounding the man with the brown hair.

@idiot.exe Dominic

mentioned:
@Madilnel Rennie!!
@Kristi Amani
@Jass Lyra :eyes:
@Mouschi Esther

5 Likes

Esther Ruth Dubois (1)

˖ ݁𖥔.:cloud:︎.𖥔 ݁ ˖

The morning sun glimmered on the horizon as Esther’s eyes fluttered open with a groggy yawn. She tossed herself over, trying to lull herself back to rest and stop the perplexing memories from flooding through her mind. Despite her efforts, she’d begun to feel pins and needles, a deep sinking feeling in her gut. With all the uncertainty that hung heavily in the air, she questioned her decision to come to Ninth House, even though she hated the feeling of second guessing herself. Throwing her concerns away for a moment, she closed her eyes, taking a deep breath in, the slight September chill in the air giving her a little bit of peace as it caressed her skin. She bathed in the warm sunlight until she found herself looking at the clock on the wall, her eyes still blurry from sleep and struggling to focus. But soon she landed upon the numbers, clear as day, causing her to curse under her breath. Reluctantly, she emerged from the blankets, searching for her eyeglasses and perhaps some motivation.

As she stepped into the shower, steam enveloped her like a warm hug, relieving the tension in her shoulders. She allowed herself to feel temporary relief, although the intrusive thoughts persisted. She could see their faces, circling her, mouthing what she could only assume were their most obscene insults. Anxiety rose within her, quickening her heartbeat and making her knees weak. Grasping the wall for support, she leaped out of the shower, leaving the thoughts behind to dissipate in the steam.

She threw on her prepared clothes, catching a glimpse of herself in every reflective surface. While she may be in shambles on the inside, nobody could ever see her as “weak”. Weakness was her downfall in the past, and she would not let history repeat itself. Staring intently in the mirror, she fixed her hair to perfection and sprayed on her current favorite perfume. Her phone screen lit up with a text just as she was about to leave, it was from her father. She unlocked her phone, anticipating the lab results with slight fear.

The lab results came back. You were right, it’s poison, oleander flower.

~ Dad :heart: . . . is typing ~

Are you safe? I support your decision, but if you feel unsafe, please come home.

Esther paused, reading the text over and over, hoping that she’d understand the words. As it finally sunk in, she frowned, feeling a heaviness at the bottom of the heart. “Why would he do this to me?”, she sighed, tears welling up in her eyes. Wiping her eyes with her sleeves, she forced a convincing smile, heading to class. With her head in clouds, and her feet on autopilot, she never noticed someone trying to get her attention. “Esther”, her feet stopped cold, it was a voice she recognized, a voice so comforting and warm like a cup of tea. She turned around, “Lyra!”, she exclaimed, their friendship bringing a bright smile upon her lips. “I’ve missed you!”, Esther melted into her hug, her scent drifting into her nose. “I’m so happy to see you, you have no idea”, she admitted, exposing the fear in her voice. Noticing a shift in Lyra as well, she furrowed her brows in question, maybe she wasn’t the only one having a terrible time so far at Ninth House. Lyra peered around before leading Esther to a secluded bathroom, far from prying eyes and ears. Now, her interest was piqued and her mind distracted from the harsh reality. Sensing the uncertainty in her voice, Esther approached her with a softened gaze and her ears ready to listen. “Esther, there’s something I need to tell you”, her friend started, her eyes filled with concern. Taking Lyra’s hands in hers, she gave them a gentle squeeze of support, she cleared her throat, almost afraid of the thought of revealing herself. Inhaling deeply, she began, “I also have something to tell you, but first, what’s going on?”.

˖ ݁𖥔.:cloud:︎.𖥔 ݁ ˖

@jass - Lyra ~ turned out longer than i expected

6 Likes

Dining hall || with Amani

As the first rays of sunlight filtered through the sheer curtains of Arya’s dorm room, The soft hues of morning cast bright rays of light over the room, illuminating the neat, orderly space with a subtle warmth. The room exuded an air of quiet serenity, a sanctuary amidst the bustling energy of Ninth House.

The room was cloaked in a tranquil stillness, the only sound being the gentle rustle of sheets as Arya shifted beneath the covers. With a languid stretch, she reached out to the bedside table in search of her phone to check the time, her fingers grazing the worn pages of a book that lay there, a little distraction for the late hours.

Arya’s room exuded an air of quiet sophistication and calculated precision, each item meticulously arranged in its designated spot. The sleek lines of her minimalist furniture contrasted beautifully with the ornate detailing of her vintage-inspired decor, creating a harmonious balance between modernity and nostalgia, every detail spoke to Arya’s meticulous attention to detail and preference for order.

The walls were adorned with a few select pieces of artwork, neatly arranged bookshelves lined one wall, their contents a curated collection of literary treasures and arcane tomes. A sleek desk stood opposite, bathed in the soft glow of a reading lamp, its surface adorned with scattered notes and pens and an array of carefully arranged books, their spines worn from countless readings, thirst for knowledge is not one easy to quench.

She rose from her bed, smoothing the wrinkles from her sheets with a flick of her wrist. As she moved through the room, her steps were light and precise, the cool touch of the hardwood floor grounding her as she prepared to face the day ahead.
With practiced ease, Arya went about her morning routine, the familiar rituals grounding her in the present moment. She lingered in the warmth of the shower, letting the hot water wash away the remnants of sleep and usher in a renewed sense of vitality.

Arya’s wardrobe showed off an array of carefully selected garments that reflected her distinctive sense of style, a matter she never seemed to dissapoint with, always keep things interesting. Arya paused before her wardrobe, surveying the carefully curated selection of garments with a discerning eye. Today, she opted for a layered ensemble, a black top paired with a crisp blue button-down shirt, topped off with a tailored black striped blazer and a pair of leather pants that hugged her figure just right. She brushed through her brown locks with swift, decisive strokes, arranging them into a sleek ponytail that fell down her back in a graceful cascade. A touch of makeup enhanced her features, accentuating her natural beauty with subtle precision.

As she surveyed her reflection in the mirror, Arya’s gaze held a quiet intensity, a silent acknowledgment of the day ahead. With a final adjustment to her attire, she gathered her belongings and headed out to school.

Walking into the bustling dining hall, Arya made a beeline for the drink stand, her usual tall glass of double dirty chai calling out to her like an old friend. With a quick glance around the room, she spotted a cozy window seat waiting just for her, its quiet solitude a welcome respite from the cacophony of noise and chatter that filled the air. Ignoring the energetic buzz of conversation that surrounded her, Arya navigated her way through the crowded hall with practiced ease, her steps purposeful and determined. She had always been one to focus in the mornings, preferring the quiet contemplation of her own thoughts to the idle chatter of those around her.

“Arya Sellanova”

As Arya entered the dining hall, she heard her name being called, and with a faint glance in the direction of the voice, she spotted none other than Amani. Were they friends? Well, that might be stretching it a bit. In the past, one could have considered them as friends, their mothers were friends, rather close ones in fact. However, when it came to the daughters, things were a bit more complicated. “Amani,” Arya greeted, her tone cordial but distant as she acknowledged her presence. She couldn’t help but notice the snarky comment about Inessa, however, she knew better than to engage in petty conflicts, especially in public settings. pick and choose your battles. Instead, she chose to remain composed, offering a polite yet neutral response.

Arya arched an eyebrow in response to Amani’s remark, her expression unapologetically confident. “Well, I like to keep things interesting,” she replied with a playful glint in her eyes. “Who says you have to wait for a special occasion to look fancy?” she replied, her voice laced with a hint of amusement and a sly smirk tugging at the corners of her lips.

She couldn’t help but notice Amani’s signature green top and short skirt ensemble, paired with a rather nice looking black leather jacket she could have sworn she remembered seeing somewhere else before. Arya’s gaze lingered on the outfit for a moment before she offered a nonchalant comment, her words laced with a hint of playful teasing. “And I see you’re sticking to your signature green,” she remarked with a small smirk. “Consistency is key, after all.”

With a casual flick of her wrist, Arya took a sip of her chai, savoring the rich blend of flavors as she maintained her confident demeanor. “So, what’s been going on in the world of Amani lately?” she asked, a playful smirk tugging at her lips as her words carried a subtle undercurrent of curiosity and wit. “Any exciting developments, or is it just the usual chaos?”

@Kristi Amani

@Madilnel Inessa mentioned

5 Likes

Lyra

With a deep breath, Lyra began to confide in Esther, her words tumbling out in a rush of emotion. “Esther, I… I went on a few dates with this guy, Vincenzo,” she admitted, her voice wavering slightly with uncertainty. “He seemed… He seemed really charming and sweet.”

As she spoke, Lyra couldn’t help but feel a knot of anxiety forming in the pit of her stomach. She trusted Esther with her deepest secrets, but this revelation felt different somehow, more raw and exposed. “But after we…” she wanted to say more, but felt too embarrassed so she corrected herself, “after our fourth date, he completely ghosted me.”

Feeling a mixture of sadness and hurt, Lyra hesitated before continuing, her voice trembling with vulnerability. “I don’t know what I did wrong, Esther,” she confessed, her gaze dropping to the floor.

She took a moment to compose herself before looking back at Esther, her eyes pleading for understanding. “And now… now he’s here at the school,” she admitted, her voice barely above a whisper. “I just saw him walk by.”

After confiding in Esther about her experience with Vincenzo, Lyra took a deep breath, trying to push aside her own feelings of hurt and confusion. She shifted her focus to Esther, wanting to hear her friend’s thoughts and concerns.

“Anyway, enough about me,” Lyra said, forcing a small smile as she attempted to lighten the mood. “What about you? You mentioned you had something to tell me too. Is everything okay?” She reached out to gently touch Esther’s arm, silently conveying her readiness to lend an ear and offer whatever support her friend might need.

Esther - @Mouschi
Mentioned:
Vincenzo - @raviola :eyes:

7 Likes

|808px;x242px;

Desdemona’s eyes batted when she heard the sound of birds chirping; the tops of her eyelashes touching her brow bone. No, she didn’t set an alarm, no, she didn’t have one. She sort of always had that relationship with nature where she trusted it to wake her up for her, either with the sound of the birds chirping, or her intuition sensing the sun rise, both happened today.

After peeping to see that the sun really was out behind the curtains, Desdemona sat up, stretching her arms above her head with a yawn. Then she dropped her hands, sinking her fingertips into the mattress. What day is today? She asked herself, then her eyes lit up and she smiled. It was the first day of school! So she would finally get to meet everyone!! She assumed she still remembered everything she had learned when she studied the entire school guidebook and student population, so the knowledge could finally come in handy!

She would get to meet the rest of cipher too, finallyyyyy. And talk to Thalia, FINALLY!! Desdemona was looking forward to seeing her a lot, and she was so sad she didn’t get to talk to her last night :pleading_face: but she would today! So she was happy.

Knowing Thalia, she probably wasn’t up to any good. A lot of the time, she liked to party a lot, so she probably had some of the alcoholic drinks. Desdemona, unlike Thalia, didn’t really like to drink thattttt much. Mom and dad said no, so Desdemona said okay, but, really, maybe she would like drinking after she came to the Ninth house. Muahahaha.

You never know! But Desdemona knew. She just couldn’t say that because then she would get in trouble and she doesn’t want to get in trouble. What she wanted was to stay at the Ninth House with Thalia and learn cool magic. Poor Thalia, she must have been drinking, but even then, sometimes she gets nervous. When she gets nervous, she gets awkward, and when she gets awkward, she gets sad. Desdemona hoped she was okay.

Mona, herself, was doing great. Last night, she made a new friend, Raven, AND she met a new person named Atlas! She thought he was very nice. And pretty. So was Raven. Raven was pretty in a Thalia way, and Atlas was pretty in a new way. Well, actually, that way reminded her of Thalia too. Thalia was pretty in every way.

But beside the point, she also met that girl who’s name she didn’t know. The one in the blue dress. She barely even got to see her! At least before she ran away. She supposed she was looking at her during the spell, but, she couldn’t really remember the things she saw when her eyes turned white, much less could she remember what happened after her spells, when-

In her bed, having all of those thoughts, Desdemona was hit with a pang of unsettlement. It was that that inspired her to get up, make her bed, and then pick out her outfit for the day, and change out of her white night dress.

From her drawers, she picked an outfit that was pretty comfortable, and kind of like something she would wear on the farm. It had sneakers, so she could be on the move, and overalls because they reminded her of home, and also a tight, white long-sleeve that matched the tote bag at her side. To top it all off, she put on her headphones, and played music as she walked to class, freshly chosen from her playlist.

She walked out of her dorm, and strolled through the hallway. She wasn’t really paying too much attention around the hall, because she was enjoying the music in her ears, but right as she was looking for her class, her eyes met Thalia’s, and her eyes lit up again, this time brighter. Without thinking, as Thalia approached her, Desdemona ran over and threw her arms around her, bracing her just right. Then, the girl started speaking in their hug, and Mona remembered herself, pulling away to then answer. “So good!” She replied, then looked down shyly. “I was doing okay, but now you’re here, so I’m better.”

Mona looked back up, and Thalia complimented her energetic appearance, which Mona liked, “thank you, I am!” but didn’t like enough to forget that she was worried about how Thalia was last night without her, “are you?”

@Kristi Thalia

5 Likes