Ninth House | Official RP Thread

Mona timeeee. Pretties later

“I know you do,” Thalia smiled as Desdemona swung their hands forward and back, “But really, you also have to take care of your own self. And besides, really, I’m okay, I can handle my own self, today was Just a little rough morning, that’s all.” Now, Thalia wasn’t too sure of the ‘i can handle my own self’ part, but maybe if she could convince herself and Desdemona enough, it will come true.

It was rather sweet the way that Thalia concerned for Desdemona. She did not find her obsessive or intoxicatingly close, but instead thought of her as being considerate. How peculiar that was.

For someone who desired to resist the assistance of others, Thalia behaved quite uniquely. If she were a lesser woman, perhaps she might view Desdemona as annoying, or a loser. What kind of college girl had only one friend? And only one friend that was her whole world at that. From that angle she could almost look pathetic; like a meek, and easy target to be manipulated and told what to do and think, someone who would be no one without her. But instead, Thalia did find affection in her presence. Perhaps it was because Desdemona was beautiful, so her attempts were well-received by superficiality, if not lust. Or perhaps… contrary to her own thoughts, she was not so opposed to receiving guidance.

Desdémona said nothing in response to Thalias ongoing argument, choosing to quietly nod instead, a small smile clad by her lips. If the girl would not surrender, then Desdémona determined that it was best if she did. Maybe she would recycle that philosophy when she felt unimportant again.

Without hesitation, she answered all of Thalias questions.
“I think… if it wasn’t an accident, then someone was probably trying to hurt her. I just don’t know why they would do that. She seemed really nice.” Mona said with somber innocence laced into her words.
“I can’t remember the rest of the story Atlas told me, but I think he said something about another man….” She thought aloud, “but like you said, it probably wasn’t true, so maybe we shouldn’t focus on that.”

Although Desdémona had been in her element earlier into their conversation, she felt like that spark lit in her mind had died down since the change of topic. Outside of her circle, she tended to be quite clueless. In her active thoughts, she was very insightful. While the couple had been dancing, she saw the man in the corner of the room watching them. She had noticed his overgrown, short brown hair, and the mark he had near his lip. She watched Esther run away after waking up, she had seen the farcical smirk that Atlas wore. And Desdémona could remember traces of it, but she found herself completely unable to articulate them, like her mouth had turned to idle wood incapable of creating sound. Before she could repeat them, all of her thoughts liked to betray her by disintegrating to nothing. It was one of the things she admired about Thalia, how she could have so many thoughts and remember all of them. She wondered if that was on purpose, too, but she hadn’t the ability to say it. There were runes written on the walls of her mind that she was never meant to translate, even if she held a candle to them and put forth her best effort.

She apologized for asking questions, but Desdémona paid no mind to it. She had not been fazed by any of them, and, on the contrary, was happy to answer each one for her. “What do you mean?” She asked curiously, confused as to why she was apologizing. “I don’t mind.”

”Think of super man,” said Thalia, and Desdémona giggled, her chocolate colored eyes brightening. The comparison she used sounded at first like she was trying to be very gentle with a way for Desdémona to understand her. It was kind of cute.

As she kept talking, though, the analogy began to make more sense. “I guess that’s true,” she concurred. “I did feel very different in my masquerade outfit,” she agreed, thinking that the dress had made her act more mature and different than usual, when she had still been the same old Mona.

Although Desdémona had decided to be the merciful one before, Thalia had agreed this time, stating that she could not blame the man either. Desdémona nodded at that, grateful for her reciprocity of her gentle approach. What she did not acknowledge was the possible way that Thalia could be a liar like her, as well. It was the pinnacle of their experience as Ciphers, how they existed to, with their magic, turn life into words. Yet half of their words were lies, with only their mischevious demeanor to blame, the evil within them begging to hide the truth because it was often too painful to bring to life. Likely, their lies were what kept them weak, denying the power of their truths for the comfort of lies, perhaps that was why Hayes’ friend was targeted by whatever force took him. He was too powerful. Too honest.

Desdémona did not say it out loud, but she knew internally that Thalia was loyal to sneaky behavior. It was why she knew she had to look after her, she was lost. Only time would tell though, if Desdémona had the strength to find her in the sandstorms she got herself into.

She noticed it when Thalia got out her phone, using that bit of knowledge she had for Thalia only to piece together what she was most likely annotating. She had let go of Desdemona’s hands to do it, which made the girl feel a bit embarassed. Of course she didn’t matter as much as Thalia’s conspiracies, she was stupid.

Of course, she decided to make no explicit comment about her gesture. She didn’t want to stir the girl, so she just watched her put the phone down and put it back where it was.
“If it helps, I don’t think Atlas did anything sinister. Maybe he was kind of dramatic, but I knew I felt a bad energy from something, I did, and I know it wasn’t him,” she said, trying to defend this new stranger because like Thalia thought, she did consider them friends, and Desdémona was very faithful to hers.

After pushing her away, Desdemona snapped back to reality, a wave of guilt crashing over her when she realized what she had done. She expected some sort of punishment to hit her, maybe not from Thalia, but she was explicitly raised to act gracefully at all times. And that was not graceful. If Mom and Dad had seen her do that, they would have been very angry with her.
To her surprise, however, Thalia was very gentle about it, agreeing to abide by her wishes. She sighed a breath of relief, realizing that it was Thalia she was speaking to, and Thalia wouldn’t hurt her. She was a friend, she had a friend when she was with Thalia. She looked at her with a smile, and remnants of fear in her light brown eyes.

She also realized that Thalia wanted to know the truth, but Desdémona knew she couldn’t. It was a secret, so she pursed her lips, coming up with something close to the truth. “I just- I don’t like adults,” that was true. “I only like mom and dad,” lie. But they were connected to the truth, so she deemed her explanation good enough to leave that way.

Laying on her bed, Desdemona turned her head to see Thalia lying beside her with playful eyes, “No,” she said , and for a moment, Desdemona was worried by her statement, due to her inability to detect standard sarcasm. But quickly, she took her sentence back, and Desdemona’s lips melted into a genuine smile again, like Rapunzel watching lanterns rise into the night sky as a little girl. That smile, but with a hint of when your dog licks the side of your face, but you call it a kiss because you are just that affectionate with your animal.

She rolled once over to get closer to her on the bed, sweetened by her loving words, and turned onto her side, wrapping her arm around Thalia’s torso with a very deliberate movement. She placed her chin on the girls’ shoulder, and lowered her forehead into the slope of her neck, ignorant to the images that she clicked through on the device. Softly, she suspired onto her shoulder. It was just something she did when she really loved the person she was embracing.

“Alright, let’s take a little journey through Wyndham together,” she said, her tone light and playful.

Desdémona angled her chin back up, but still didn’t take herself off of Thalia. The top of her head met the hybrid space shared by her brown hair and her right ear, watching the slideshow of pictures play. They were each special in different ways, capturing the feelings that Thalia had and Desdémona craved to understand. They saw the garden, the students, and the architecture of Wyndham without even having to leave her bed. How beautiful it was to spectate, and see without being perceived.

“Here,” Thalia said, pausing on a particularly scenic shot of the sunset painting the sky in hues of pink and gold, “is where we’ll make countless memories together.” Desdemona laughed, enchanted by the pieces of herself that Thalia had showed her, and then her expression sobered, knowing that Thalia expected more of a response from her.

She backed up a bit, and then cupped Thalia’s cheek, similar to the way that the girl had touched her earlier, and then turned her face around so that she was looking at her. A smile cracked on her lips when they saw each other. “I can’t wait.”

@Kristi

2 Likes

Renlin sort of missed summer. He missed the lake, his boat, and the effect the water had on him. The endless days spent basking in the sun and the serene mornings out on the dock. He missed it all. Though he enjoyed the company he found here at school, aside from Dante spending the summer with them, he liked being surrounded by people. The bustling energy of others was something he thrived on. He missed the casual gatherings, the impromptu parties, and even the simple joy of seeing familiar faces every day.

Here with Vinnie was nice. Though, the kitchen wasn’t really his first choice, and he was also surprised there were no cooks coming in and yelling at them for eating this ice cream. It felt like a small rebellion, sitting in there and talking as if they owned the place. The peacefulness of this moment contrasted sharply with the chaos of earlier, and Renlin found comfort in it. He glanced at Vinnie, grateful for his friend’s presence. The worries and tension from the fight seemed to melt away with each spoonful of ice cream.

He wished he could mix the two places. He wished there was a lake here as well. He had found some ponds during a night or two out, but nothing large. They usually were filled with moss and not swimmable. All but one. The one next to the abandoned hotel that he had found a few years ago. That spot had become his secret, a place where he could escape and pretend he was back on the lake, if only for a moment. It wasn’t the same.

He had painted his initials there with his symbol on a tree. It was a habit of his, marking all the places he discovered with a little piece of himself. If anyone else ever found these hidden spots, they’d know they weren’t alone. It was a silent connection, a message to the unknown wanderers who might stumble upon his marks. This particular place, with its serene pond and abandoned hotel, was special. His initials and symbol felt like a secret signature, a way to leave a bit of his soul in his favorite hidden sanctuary.

His soul now felt very torn apart, frayed at the edges. It wasn’t his usual self. The dreams were so vivid, so real, they seemed to be chipping away pieces of him. He used to be able to just forget, to brush off the lingering shadows of sleep, but not anymore. Now, it almost felt like he was going crazy. Crazy wasn’t inherently bad, right? There was a certain appeal to madness, a freedom in it. But he didn’t want to be crazy. He had reasons to stay grounded, reasons to keep it together. There were people who depended on him, people he cared about deeply. Inessa, Vinnie, the Umbra brothers, a few others….they needed him sane, strong, reliable. He couldn’t afford to lose himself to these dreams, no matter how tempting it was to let go.

Sometimes he didn’t want to wake himself. He wanted to know more, to see more. The dreams held fragments of something larger, something important. It wasn’t just for him, but for those people in his life as well. He wanted answers, clarity—for Inessa, for Vinnie, for all the Umbra brothers and for others. If the dreams were trying to tell him something, he had to understand it. He owed them that much.

“How’s he doing right now?” Vinnie asked about Tae.

Renlin shook his head. He hadn’t stuck around to find out, and he hadn’t checked his phone either. It was probably blowing up with messages and missed calls. He ran his fingers through his hair, feeling the weight of the fight. Tae was probably in bad shape, but Renlin didn’t feel much better himself.

He looked at his fingers for a little bit, the slight tremble in them betraying his inner turmoil. Vinnie moved on, recounting his own altercation, his words a comforting distraction from Renlin’s thoughts. Renlin appreciated the distraction, but he couldn’t help but think about what his sister would say when she found out.

“Someone has to initiate the new students,” Vinnie began, his voice carrying a weight of responsibility. Renlin nodded in agreement, his mind drifting to their own initiation into Umbra. It was more than just physical tests; it was about deciphering codes, demonstrating stamina, and proving one’s dedication to the cause. This year’s initiation seemed to hold a different significance, one that Renlin couldn’t quite grasp yet. Toughness? Alpha male energy?

Ren couldn’t help raise a brow at the mention of the person wearing a trench coat, and although he found it peculiar to wear a trench coat, he kept his thoughts to himself. After all, he was well aware that his own sense of style might be considered questionable by others.

Renlin chuckled and shook his head in response to Vinnie’s explanation. While it wasn’t his preferred method of asserting dominance, he respected Vinnie’s approach, recognizing that everyone had their own way of handling situations. “And do you think he got the point in the end?” Renlin asked, curious about the outcome.

Renlin raised an eyebrow at Vinnie’s mention of using his shadows. “And where is he now? Hiding under his bed from you? Transferring to a different school? Or perhaps he’s plotting his grand return to the common room for round 2?” he quipped, adding a playful tone to the speculation.

“Well, you know what they say, Vinnie,” Renlin quipped with a smirk. “Behind every dork is a loyal friend keeping them in check. Consider yourself lucky.”
Renlin laughed at Vinnie’s remark. “Hey, at least I’d make a pretty cool pirate, right?” he joked, adjusting the makeshift ice pack on his face.

“Yeah, about that…” Renlin hesitated, not sure how much he wanted to reveal, especially of what happened after. “Let’s just say I had a moment of inspiration, or maybe insanity, depending on who you ask. But it got people talking, right?”

Renlin leaned in closer, a mischievous glint in his eyes. “Oh, come on, Vinnie. Don’t leave me hanging. You know I live for this stuff.” He nudged his friend playfully, eager to hear the juicy details without missing a beat. The thought of Vinnie getting into some escapade at the ball was just the distraction he needed from his own drama. Plus, there was always something intriguing about Vinnie’s exploits. They never failed to entertain or surprise.

Renlin couldn’t help but feel a surge of curiosity as he leaned closer to Vinnie, his interest piqued by the mention of a departure from the ball. “Seriously, spill the beans, Vinnie. I need all the details,” he urged, his tone a mix of excitement and anticipation. After all, what were friends for if not to share every scandalous detail of their escapades?

@raviola

3 Likes

Vincenzo might be a bit sad but he’s sad rn :confounded:

Renlin shook his head, causing Vincenzo to close his mouth not to sigh, the air coming out through his nose. It was quite hypocritical of Vincenzo to be disappointed in Renlin, considering what he had just done himself, but he could not put his displeasure about the Duman fight to rest, not so easily.

“You don’t know?”
His disbelief was audible.

In reality, it upset him because he was a bit selfish. Nic’a injuries didn’t matter much to him because he was a newcomer, and even though Tae was likely recovering much quicker than the man formidably defeated to the point where there was blood in his throat, Vincenzo refused to revisit the topic in any detail that was more vivid than necessary. He had already had his outburst, and called himself a monster with the same hands he always used to ruin things, and the same voice he let himself go without. To talk about it again would no longer even have the potential to anger him that way, it would just leave a bitter, bloody taste in his mouth. Ironic how he avoided that.

Tae Seo, as Renlin called him, mattered a bit more because he was a brother, actual family aside, and he had earned his place in the house. He had been initiated, too, so Vincenzo felt like it was something like his responsibility to make sure that they were all treated equally.

In the dorms, when Vincenzo got close to Nic, the boys that stood by his side most likely seemed like two buffoons who worship whoever they deem best fit for it, no sense of individuality. In Vincenzo’s eyes, however, it was more complicated than that. He was not some brooding leader, because at the end of the day, the brotherhood that he extended to Renlin was something he tried to offer the other guys at Umbra as well, sitting with them when they were bruised, even if they said nothing. His goal was always to create that sense of family, to feel like there would be people by his side too. He needed it, if he was going to be in the same place as Jesse. That was another reason why he was so territorial. In his eyes, the boys had to spend one day as the enemy, as a reminder not to become one. The question he had been needing to ask himself as of recently was whether or not it was an oath or a threat. Can the whole group really be happy if they leave all of their debts to one person? Or does the guilt make them all weaker?

But he couldn’t say that, his tongue was tied, so he settled on something more digestible for the both of them, even if it omitted the whole truth.
“You know I’m on your side, Ren, I’m just a hypocrite.”
By reassuring the man, he believed they might have secured the surfacing of a new topic to discuss, even if he had to give the vaguest possible summary of the initiation.

As expected, Renlin did not question Vincenzo in the slightest. If he thought himself to be well-oriented with loyalty, he outdid the man tenfold. The difference between them was that in spite of the thoughts that chewed on his flesh, Vincenzo chose to be loyal. Renlin, he didn’t have to choose, every word he said, he believed it. It was one of the reasons they were friends. Vincenzo desired terribly to have the spirit that he did, so if he could not emulate it, then he kept it close by himself.

“Yeah, I think he got the point in the end,” he responded, clenching his jaw a bit as he stretched his legs under the table, and put down the hand with the ice pack. He needed to pause from it. “And I got the blood I wanted.”

He turned to the man, and looked at him with a semblance of the attitude that the man had toward him. He did not smile, and his purple-circled eyes were a bit darker than they had been when they first saw each other, but the message they conveyed was just as pure, like the depths of the ocean. At this hour, the glaciers in his stare were easier to transcend, sinking the person who met his gaze into something real instead of taking them higher. It was not what Renlin had given him, but an adjacent translation.

He quipped, and Vincenzo laughed, albeit dryly, and reclined to put the ice pack back on his face before he continued. “I don’t know, Ren,” but the real answer was probably the nurse’s office.

Renlin kept speaking with his same lighthearted tone, and Vincenzo chuckled, his small laugh erupting into an actual one when he replied to his pirate comment. “Sure you would.”
And in that moment he did feel a bit better. It was easier to do that with Renlin around to make jokes.

“Yeah, about that…” Renlin hesitated, not sure how much he wanted to reveal, especially of what happened after. “Let’s just say I had a moment of inspiration, or maybe insanity, depending on who you ask. But it got people talking, right?”

On the subject of control, he surprised Vincenzo by making a joke out of the situation, causing him to raise a brow. It was not what he would have done.
“Are you sure you’re alright, though?” He asked with a concerned tone. He understood that people sometimes tended to downplay their own issues, so it was his job as a friend to discourage Ren from reducing himself that way.

The boy teased him with a push to share more about what had happened the previous night, and Vincenzo pursed his lips, swallowing. “I… slept with someone,” he had paused, searching for a way to phrase it. “Someone you know.”

But before he could go on, Vincenzo widened his sore eyes, realizing the implication that Renlin might interpret from him. “Not arya. We both know what happened with Arya.” He paused again, remembering the event and trying not to let a sour expression conquer him. “And… someone walked in. Also someone you know, but to avoid any issues, I actually can’t tell you this one.” He said, maturely deciding to omit Jesse’s name. It was their one disagreement, and Vincenzo intended to keep it that way, they did not need any more. It was simply something that he decided to put up with for Renlin’s sake, no need to anger him with the news of revenge, which would certainly happen if either of them kept pushing the conversation.

@Madilnel Renlinnnnnn

Mentioned (basically the whole umbra coven)
@Caticorn tae
@idiot.exe nic
@novella jesse
@kristi amani namelessly
@CerealKiller arya for one joke
And chad and brad ofc

5 Likes

Atlas Theodore Alstone

⊱—⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅—⋅༻༺⋅—⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅—⊰

Clone — bonfire, at night — with Lyra

Atlas had guessed correctly, that she was indeed a new student. It was rare for him to make a mistake in his judgement, especially concerning the members of his group. In a way, he considered himself the leader. Even if no one had officially elected him, he was always the one looking out for everyone, new or old, ensuring they felt comfortable enough to never want to leave. Ever.

“Welcome to Wyndham College, then. I’m Atlas,” he responded, matching her smile. As she asked whether they were in the same house, he couldn’t help but chuckle. “I wonder what gave it away,” he joked, the fire dancing in the palm of his hand. It cast a warm glow on his face, making it apparent how his expression softened as they continued to talk. “I’m glad you’ve decided to join us at Enigma Stag. I promise, you won’t regret it.”

As he presented his illusion, he found himself watching closely for her reaction. Regardless of how good he considered himself, he’d always look toward the audience, at times his friends, wondering just how much he’d managed to impress them. Their reactions, the awe in their eyes as they watched, it made it worth to even try. As he glanced at the girl he noticed how her voice reflected her admiration, and the way her eyes flickered in wonder. There were always people better than him, ones he could never surpass, but at times like this he just felt good enough. His lips curved into a small smile, even though he’d tried to suppress it.

“I’ve always been drawn to illusions myself,” he continued speaking with his usual tone, masking his excitement. “I don’t know what it is about them, perhaps the versatility, how you can manifest anything you imagine. And if you’ve mastered them like I have, there’s no limit to your abilities.”

He waited as she scrambled to replace the marshmallow on her stick, eager to try the fire. Atlas couldn’t help but chuckle again, offering his palm towards her. “There’s no need to rush, I can hold this all night,” he assured, partly to make her more comfortable and partly to show off.

The girl leaned closer, lifting the stick over the illusion. Atlas focused his energy towards the palm of his hand, extending it through the fire to reach the snack buried in its flames. But to his confusion, the girl stopped in her tracks. He lowered his palm, furrowing his brows. As she reached towards her cheek, she removed what seemed to be a leftover piece from the treat. At that moment Atlas realized what had happened. He’d been so focused on the fire, he’d completely missed such an insignificant detail.

Insignificant to him, yet her cheeks flushed red and she began to giggle nervously, clearly embarassed. Atlas’ smile softened, “Ah, I haven’t noticed, to be honest,” he reassured her, his tone gentle. Regardless, he was glad she was excited for his trick, even though he barely showed it on the surface. “Don’t worry, you’re fine. I think I got a little carried away as well,” he admitted with a laugh, lifting his palm back up.

She lowered the marshmallow over the fire again, properly this time, and it was time to begin. What made this little flame differ from the bonfire in front, was that it was a simple illusion. If she leaned closer, she’d notice the lack of heat emanating from it’s surface and how touching it leaves no effect; but few would be bold enough to try. Still, Atlas had a way of making it appear real, something she’d discover soon enough.

Atlas’ eyes locked on the flames, his eyes flickering in concentration. He let the energy flow through the fire once more, hidden beneath its glow and dancing flames. They acted as an extension of his body, allowing him to transfer his illusions even through objects he wasn’t directly touching. As it coursed through the marshmallow, it began to affect its appearance. A golden brown layer coated its surface, perfectly covering every inch. It was a feat impossible to achieve through a regular fire, because there would always be a corner that’s uneven or slightly burnt. Atlas refused to allow such flaws.

After a while, he looked up into her eyes, breaking the silence. “It should be finished now.”

But though it had the perfect appearance, one bite would prove the girl otherwise — that it was only an illusion. In reality the structure of the snack hadn’t changed a bit.

@Jass Lyra Elysa Skylark

orp

Sorry it took so long :sob: I’m back noww

1 Like

★´∀`★★´∀`★★´∀`★★´∀`★★´∀`★★´∀`★★´∀`★

★´∀`★★´∀`★★´∀`★★´∀`★★´∀`★★´∀`★★´∀`★

“Ah, so you’re the resident doomsday expert, huh?” Ayla smirked, “some would say so.” She crossed her arms, impressed. “Well, lucky for me, I’ve been brushing up on my end-of-the-world survival skills. Can’t have you stealing all the spotlight when the zombies come knocking.” Ayla smiled, tilting her head. “Who said anything about zombies?” Ayla teased.

Wouldn’t want to spend eternity bickering over who gets the last cup of coffee.” Ayla scoffed, and dramatically put her hand over her heart. “Don’t we know who gets it, though?” She winked at Dante, taking a sip of her own cup.

Dante met her level gaze with a seemingly knowing smile, and on the outside, Ayla presented a bright and welcoming smile herself. But he didn’t know her, and she knew he probably never would. “Fair enough,” Dante replied, his tone playful yet sincere. “But you’ve got to admit, there’s always more to a person than meets the eye. Coffee and sarcasm might be your go-to, but I’ve got a feeling there’s a whole lot more simmering beneath the surface.”

“Oh, I’m sure you’re right,” she said, her tone light and airy. “Sometimes it’s better to keep the good stuff hidden away. But that’s what makes life so interesting, don’t you think? The mystery, the unknown?” She teased his imagination, her voice going low and smooth. “You’ve piqued my interest, Ayla.” Great. Ayla leaned back, finding something to lean on. Not for long. she wanted to sing song, but instead went with, “you with mine.”

“Can’t have you shaking with boredom now, can we?” He took a playful sip of his own coffee And Ayla watched enthusiastically. Ayla’s eyebrow arched higher, her expression skeptical. "I’m not sure what’s more impressive, the fact that you’re trying to impress me or the fact that your willing to step of your game.”

“… predictability can be just what we need to shake things up.” Ayla’s gaze lingered on Dante’s face, her expression unreadable. She didn’t buy the whole “clichés are comfortable” line, not entirely. “I suppose you’re right,” she said finally, her voice measured. "But only up to a point. Clichés are comfortable, yes, but they’re also safe. And I’m not exactly looking for safe.” She tested the waters.

“You ever find yourself craving a different kind of thrill?” he asked, his tone laced with anticipation. “Like the rush of the wind as you leap from one rooftop to another, or the adrenaline that comes from discovering a hidden passage in the heart of the city?”

[color=#94add7]“Fine. Give it here,”[/center] she held her hand out, fingers curling in a ‘give it here’ motion. “Your phone, I’m going to need your number.” She said with a rough smile, looking in his eyes.

@Jass | Dante

2 Likes

Copy of Copy of Silas (1)

[[[Musica ౨ৎ])]

Amani’s eyes danced with unspoken tales, a soft chuckle escaping her lips. “Pedestrian?” she echoed, the word rolling off her tongue with a touch of amusement. “My my, don’t tell me you were in love with them both-” she couldn’t resist a chuckle, “Please tell me you were simply using them for some game of yours, because if it was truly love and not lust, then you’re more foolish than I thought.” Amani gave a menacing smile. “And I quite prefer my tainted lenses, as you call it, keeps me far away from the life you have.”

She listened to Arya talk her tone light yet pointed as she voiced her words, 'Well, mine haven’t been too bad," Amani retorted when Arya had agreed with Amani’s notion that they all had their fair of mistakes. She listened as Arya went on to talk about Amani’s fake sickness and she had fought a smile when Arya spoke about her knack for dramatic flair. “Do I?” She hummed as if contemplating Arya’s words, a wry smile tugging at the corners of her lips. “Well, perhaps you have a point there,” Amani conceded, her tone tinged with amusement. “After all, what’s life without a little drama? But of course too much dramatic fair gets exhausting overtime, right?” For example, take the Enigma house, her least favorite by a far, though she couldn’t say she did not find the house entertaining.

“I suppose history does,” Amani responded, looking everywhere but at Arya, “But I prefer to think of us not as fugitives from our past, but as architects of our future. We are not defined by the shadows we cast, but by the light we choose to follow.” Amani certainly hoped that was true, “The present, someone once told me.” Amani turned to face Arya, “Is not a mere consequence of the past; it is an opportunity, a canvas awaiting new strokes and besides, I think I am stealthy and fast enough to outrun my shoulder, though it might seem impossible.” And perhaps, indeed it will prove to be impossible, but sometimes living in fantasies was better than realities, no? Well, Amani thought so as of right now.

“I suppose we are all performers on this stage of life, as after all existing in this society Is simply also a perfomance” Amani had to agree, as she listened to Arya’s witty words, BUT- Amani eyes flickered to the poetry hanging on the walls, "The act of sentiment sometimes gets boring does it not? It almost feels like begging to be pitied, how unfortunately pathetic it can be, " But she supposed that pathetic nonsense is what made poetry so good, though she was not going to say that.

When Arya had broken the silence that passed between them, Amani had scoffed at the remark Arya had uttered, as if it was something unfathomably absurd. “Then i suppose your poetry is not the right kind of poetry.” Amani had muttered with a teasing smile.

Poetry is not just for the hopeless romantics Arya said and well, Amani had to agree- it was not. All that Arya was saying was indeed what some people might say to be correct and Amani could not find a way to disagree with her words, so she had just shrugged, “Maybe,” She replied, her tone lacking it’s usual tone because indeed Amani did not possess all that she truly desired- perhaps she would never have and she will find a way to be satisfied
in that.

Amani have done this so many times- come to this place to admire the illusions that existed here and to relax- it was often quiet inside each of the many doors of the botanic conservatory because no body really knew about them. Room 4- the room with the many mirrors was part of the rooms she tended to visit the most and she had tried every mirror- well, almost every mirror, she had thought because when the mirror had shattered and transported them into an illusion, Amani couldn’t tell at first where she was until she realized she needed to leave here, but first-

I was hoping you were an illusion Amani had told Arya, her tone strange as she said this.

"“Well, I hate to disappoint you, but I’m very much real’ Arya had replied with a wry smile, but Amani had simply given her a funny look.

“It is indeed a disappointment,” Her tone did not hold any malice as she said this, it was more of a ‘matter of the fact’ type of tone, “Our visions are not supposed to be intertwined,” She explained, “It’s-” Amani paused, before declaring that they needed to get out of here, expanding on that by telling Arya that the mirror was not like other mirrors. She was going to say more, she would have perhaps if she had not seen it- a flicker of movement, a shape looming in the shadows. Amani’s breath caught in her throat as she beheld the vision before her, her blood turning to ice in her veins.

The room around them seemed to darken, shadows creeping in from the edges of their vision, a reminder of the otherworldly danger they were now facing.

Just as Arya finished speaking, a sudden movement caught Amani’s eye. She barely had time to react before a monstrous, shadowy figure began to emerge from the darkness, its form grotesque and twisted. Panic surged through her, but she forced herself to stay calm.

“Run!” she hissed, grabbing Arya’s arm and pulling her away from the approaching horror. They sprinted through the dimly lit space, their footsteps echoing off the walls, the sound of their breathing ragged and desperate. Amani’s mind raced, trying to remember the spell that could get them out of this nightmare. Latin and French phrases swirled in her thoughts, a mix of ancient words that held the key to their escape.

They ducked into a hidden alcove, the walls providing a temporary refuge from the pursuing creature. Amani’s hands trembled as she began to recite the spell, her voice a strained whisper. "] “Lux lucis… porte ouvrir… salvare nos…” She closed her eyes as her voice got even lower as she recited the rest, but no door formed, instead a piece of paper, written how to escape appeared. It was a riddle, of course it was a riddle! It just had to be, and the riddle went:

"Through shadow and light, where fears take flight,
Seek the door that hides in plain sight.
In a room of mirrors, not all reflect,
Find the one that your gaze must direct.

When numbers and words play a cryptic dance,
It’s the truth in the lies that gives you a chance.
Seek the phrase that sounds like a song,
It will guide you right where you belong.

Look for the glass that is more than it seems,
It holds the key to your wildest dreams.
With courage and trust, you’ll unlock the way,
And escape the night, to welcome the day."**

Amani read it loud, “Do you see any glass around here?” Amani asked, as as she heard a roar- the monster approaching. Perhaps she could use her pet? Would that work inside this illusion.

@CerealKiller

2 Likes

Copy of Copy of Copy of Silas

𓆩[⟡𓆪 𓆩⟡𓆪 𓆩⟡]

Esther Ruth Dubois, age twenty-two, with a delicate scar that curved along the side of her neck—a scar one would only notice if they were to scrutinize her with intent. Esther, who often took long, solitary walks around the building, carried with her an air of fragility. From what Thalia had gathered through the fragmented conversations they’d shared, Esther was an accomplished skater, graceful on the ice despite her otherwise sickly demeanor.

These were mere fragments of Esther’s life, gleaned through casual observation and intermittent exchanges. Yet, as Thalia pondered the recent, untimely deaths of Miles and Serafina, she couldn’t help but feel there was a thread connecting them to Esther. Was it a warning? Esther, with her visible frailty and rumored health issues, seemed an easy target—perhaps even a pawn in a larger, more insidious game. Thalia was certain it wasn’t an accident; Mona had been adamant, and Thalia trusted her instincts. But the question gnawed at her: why would anyone want to harm Esther?

Thalia remained silent as Mona continued her rapid monologue, her eyes staring directly into Mona’s brown one’s. Thalia’s face had turned sour as her eyes widened at the mention of ‘another man’ “What other man?” Thalia asked, her voice breaking the hush with an urgency she couldn’t quite mask.

There where so many men in this school, talks about ‘another man’ did not really help, especially if Thalia did not have a description. If the man was fair skinned with rough dark hair and a heart shape birth mark underneath his eyes- then the man was Frederick Petrov, if he was a red haired with freckles all over his face, and a long nose- then it had to be Cillian Walsh, if he was brunette with handsome dead eyes,
an occasionally slouched posture, and an addiction to nicotine then it had to be Hayes, if it wa-well, you get the point. “Did he perhaps mention a hair color-like red, brown, idk blue?” She questioned, clearly very interested in what Mona had to say. Though, Mona had said that it wasn’t possible true and we shouldn’t focus on that and Thalia really felt like screaming, ‘forgot what I said, let’s focus on that- we have to focus on that’ but she did not, instead, she leaned against the wall, feeling her head ache, and gave Desdemona a strange look, before her lips curved into something that wasn’t quite a smile but was also not quite a frown. “We shouldn’t focus on that,” Thalia murmured, but they could, “Yeah, you’re right, We shouldn’t, but did Atlas tell you anything like.” She pursued her lips, “Not like I want to focus on that or anything, but i was wondering, because Esther is a good friend of mine,” Good friend was definitely a stretch, “When exactly did Esther faint and where you guys able to detect what was in her body that caused her to you know? Not that we have to focus on that but, it would be interesting to know,”

Thalia had this thing, where when she finds a topic that intrigues her greatly, she holds on to it- it was practically impossible, really, to rip that topic away from her clawed hands, to stop her from obsessing over it, because Thalia was nothing in her soul If not obsessive, it was what kept her moving really-what challenged her despite her inabilities due to the incident.

They had kept the topic about Esther and Atlas going on, despite the fact that Desdemona said they should not focus on it, and Thalia had asked quite a lot of questions, causing her to apologize for it, but Desdemona had only stared at her confused, like she couldn’t understand what she was apologizing for, telling her that it was okay, and she didn’t mind, causing Thalia lips to tug to a smile. She was used to hearing she talked to little as a child or when she talked she asked too many questions, and she did- she usually did, because it is or at least it used to be incredibly hard to truly understand people and societal clues, causing her to have a lot of questions. “Cute,” Thalia had smiled, “'Thought i was overwhelming you,” she explained.

As the dived more into the Esther- Atlas thing, Thalia could not help but to drop Desdemona’s hands and type into her phone , Esther and Atlas- connected??? she wondered if she would be able to catch them together today-take a picture for reasons…

Moreover, Thalia put her phone back inside her pockets, looking at Desdemona. “He’s not evil,” Thalia agreed, he was definitely not the one who harmed her. “Just annoying,” And Though he was definitely not connected to Esther’s incident, Thalia felt like he knew something, but did she really want to talk to him, well sigh. Noticing that they were no longer holding hands, Thalia took Desdemona’s hands back in her’s, “But being annoying is not really a crime I suppose, we all are in some form, still,'” She sighed, “I just idk, he’s not my type of person,” There was def not a possibility for a friendship between them to ever blossom, especially as he was best friend with the Headmaster’s daughter.

“I just don’t like adults,”

That had been Desdemona’s explanation after pushing her away, causing Thalia to resist the urge to scratch her head like -umm ok! She suppose it could be a trauma response, from adults during her younger days, or perhaps it was a lie, but Thalia didn’t feel like calling her out on it. “Not even my parents?” Thalia had said teasingly with a pout, trying to lighten up the mood, “They will be devastated to hear that.” She said putting a hand on her chest, “Oh dear, my poor parents.”

As they scrolled through pictures in thalia’s camera roll, Desdemona had her hand wrapped around Thalia’s torso and her forehead on the slope of her neck. Every time Thalia was flipping through the images, and she saw a weird suspicious thing, she would flip faster, hoping that Desdemona had not noticed it- she never really like showing anyone pictures in her camera.

“Here,” Thalia said, pausing on a particularly scenic shot of the sunset painting the sky in hues of pink and gold, “is where we’ll make countless memories together.”

“It will be great,” Thalia said when Desdemona said she couldn’t wait, “You would like it here, I think, so many different things for you to explore .” Thalia flipped to another image, but the image was a picture of a brunette boy with dead set eyes, staring at nothing in particular and Desdemona had gazed at it, but Thalia quickly switched to the next picture, before she nervously let out a laughter. “We should go here together sometime,” Thalia said pointing to a spot in the photo.

@raviola

2 Likes

Lyra met Atlas’s welcoming smile with a soft one of her own, grateful for his friendly demeanor amid the newness of Ninth House. She appreciated his effort to make her feel at ease, especially considering her initial nerves about starting in a new environment. “Thank you, Atlas,” she replied warmly, her voice tinged with genuine gratitude. “It’s been a bit overwhelming, but I already feel like I’m in good company here. Everyone has been so welcoming.”

She glanced around the flickering fire, taking in the comforting glow that illuminated the courtyard. The warmth of the flames matched the warmth she felt from Atlas’s words and presence. Despite her reservations about starting at a new school, his warm welcome in Enigma Stag reassured her that she had made the right choice. Her tone eased into a more relaxed rhythm. “I’ve heard good things about Enigma Stag. People say it’s like a family here.” She chuckled softly, a hint of amusement in her eyes. “I hope I won’t be the odd one out.”

As she spoke, she noticed the way Atlas’s expression softened, his eyes reflecting the gentle dance of the fire in his hand. It made her wonder what stories those eyes held, what experiences had shaped him into the figure before her. Despite her curiosity, she knew it was too soon to delve deeper into personal matters. For now, she focused on the pleasant exchange unfolding between them, appreciating the genuine connection that was beginning to form.

“I’m looking forward to seeing what Enigma Stag has to offer,” she added sincerely, her gaze returning to meet his. “And maybe getting to know everyone a bit better.” Her words carried a genuine optimism, a willingness to embrace the new chapter unfolding before her. She hoped that her time Ninth House would indeed be filled with the creation of friendships and enriching experiences, starting with the first conversation she’s had with Atlas.

Lyra listened intently as Atlas spoke about his fascination with illusions, his words revealing a depth of passion that resonated with her. She admired his enthusiasm, sensing a shared interest in the artistry and creativity that illusions offered. “That’s really intriguing,” she replied, a spark of genuine interest in her eyes. “I’ve always wondered about the creativity behind illusions. It’s like painting with light and imagination, isn’t it? To make something appear that isn’t really there.”

Her voice carried a quiet enthusiasm, a reflection of her genuine admiration for Atlas’s skill and his thoughtful perspective on illusions. She found herself drawn to his passion, appreciating the way he spoke about his craft with both humility and confidence. It was a rare combination that intrigued her, sparking a desire to learn more about his experiences with magic and illusions specifically. “I can see why you find them so captivating,” she added, a small smile playing on her lips. “It must be amazing to create something that surprises and delights people, even if it’s just for a moment.”

Lyra glanced up at Atlas with a mixture of gratitude and amusement. His chuckle was warm and genuine, and his easygoing nature put her at ease. She couldn’t help but smile back at him, feeling a bit more relaxed despite her earlier fumbling. “Thanks,” she said, her voice soft and appreciative. “I guess I got a little too excited.” She laughed lightly, adjusting the marshmallow on her stick with more care this time. His assurance that he could hold the illusion all night made her feel less rushed and more comfortable in the moment.

As she positioned the marshmallow over the illusionary flame, she couldn’t help but be impressed by the skill he exhibited. The fire in his palm looked so real, and the way he controlled it effortlessly was mesmerizing. She felt a sense of awe and curiosity building inside her. “This is really amazing,” she admitted, her eyes flickering between the marshmallow and the illusion in his hand. “I’ve never seen anyone do something like this before. It’s like magic in its purest form.” She paused, her eyes meeting his. “You must have practiced a lot to get this good.” Her thoughts wandered briefly, wondering about the effort and dedication it must have taken for Atlas to master such a skill. It made her appreciate his talent even more. She felt a connection forming, a shared appreciation for the art of magic, even if her own skills lay in different areas.

With the marshmallow now in the process of toasting, she smiled up at him again, feeling a bit more confident. “Alright, let’s see how this turns out,” she said, a hint of playful determination in her voice. “I’m counting on your magic to make the perfect marshmallow.” Once it was finished, she took a cautious bite, expecting the warm, gooey texture of a perfectly roasted marshmallow. Instead, she found it unchanged, a testament to the pure illusion Atlas had created. She laughed, the sound light and genuine. “That was incredible,” she said, her eyes sparkling with admiration and amusement. "I should’ve known it was too good to be true. But it’s still the best roasted marshmallow I’ve never had.”

Lyra took another small bite of the marshmallow, still laughing softly. She savored the moment, not because of the taste, but because of the unexpected twist Atlas had introduced. It was clear to her that he was someone who enjoyed surprising people, making them see the world a bit differently, and she found herself appreciating a fondness for him already. “Looks like you’ve already given me my first positive experience her,” she said, her voice warm and light. “I have a feeling this place is going to be full of surprises.”

Atlas - @idiot.exe

4 Likes

Atlas Theodore Alstone

Morning, before class — with Seung-min

As Seung-min attempted to guess the meaning of Atlas’ name, he listened carefully, smiling slightly in amusement. It was always so entertaining to ask people such questions, making them guess while keeping the answer a mystery. “Those are quite interesting answers,” he responded, not proceeding to even elaborate. “You’re getting quite close, but you’re missing something,” he commented, attempting to drag out the suspense which was barely there.

When Seung-min apologized for seeming like he’s teasing, Atlas found his own expression softening as if to silently reassure him. “Don’t worry, you’re not rude. I appreciate the compliment. Interesting is good.” After all, that was his aim. Interesting enough to gain people’s attention, but never revealing more than what’s on the surface.

Unsurprisingly, Seung-min truly was new. Though his demeanor and the fact that Atlas hadn’t met him had already made it obvious. His awkwardness made a lot more sense in context — from spacing out and seeming lost, to nervously shaking his hand earlier and how easily he became embarassed — things that Atlas noticed but decided not to speak on. For a moment he felt guilty for deciding to tease the guy, when he was clearly struggling enough already. “Then let me properly welcome you to Wyndham College. I can promise you won’t regret your stay here.” He bowed with a hand on his stomach as if talking to a prince. “I’ll make sure of it.”

Chuckling at his comment after, he added, “It really is huge, even I was surprised when I first stepped foot here. I’m not a stranger to large structures, but I believe Ninth House is among the biggest I’ve visited.” He paused after, looking at him in thought. “If you want, I could help you find it. I’m very familiar with this place now,” he offered, hoping to make it a bit easier for Seung-min.

At the mention of Hogwarts houses, Atlas assumed he meant the similar house division they had in the academy. He nodded, leaning back against the wall as he gave out clues. A pause followed after Seung-min finished. Though the entire thing Atlas was rather dumbfounded, resisting the urge to furrow his brows in confusion at what the other man was talking about. He barely listened to Lady Gaga, or pop in general, leaving him clueless as if he was listening to a rant on rocket science. But from what he could gather, he was talking about musicians, and combined with theater kids there was only one certain answer — “Ohh, Enigma Stag,” he said decisively, hoping he hadn’t gotten it wrong. If not the clues, then by personality he could tell Seung-min would fit right in.

So far Atlas found himself getting along quite well with him. But if only, if only he hadn’t tried to mess it up like he did last night. Those events are to remain unmentioned forever, buried in the depths of his mind never to be seen again. At the very least, back then he had a mask to conceal his face. Somehow it gave him enough confidence for any words to roll out with ease. But as he stood faced with Seung-min now, nearly asking him if he had a crush on him out of the blue, he’d realized the absurdity of his actions, and by that point it was already too late.

Before it could all backfire too much, Atlas laughed nervously again, attempting to cover up his mishap. “Wait, wait, who said anything about having a crush on me? I didn’t, you must be imagining things! Why would I ask you about that anyway, that would be insane. I’m not insane. I’m completely normal and I don’t—” he cut himself off all of a sudden, feeling his throat tighten. Atlas could feel his face heat up, going dizzy just attempting to breathe. From the speed Seung-min was talking and the embarrassment of the situation, he almost didn’t register the compliments he had given him. He was being so kind, and yet Atlas thought it’d be entertaining to toy with him.

Turning his head down, he took a deep breath to compose himself. “Y-yes I like music,” he responded to the sudden question, sighing in relief at the change of subject. He couldn’t act like this, not in front a new student out of everyone. What kind of first impression would it be? That guy, Atlas, was so obsessed with himself that he’d assumed everyone he meets likes him? Well, he was hoping for it, but that’s not important

He quickly fixed his expression into a smile, brushing off the awkwardness from earlier by steadying his voice. “I like that idea, I’ve always thought rockstars were cool. And no harm if it doesn’t fit the theme of this academy, the unexpected is always more interesting,” he responded, his brain only half operating at this rate. Music was a subject he was passionate about, he could talk about it in his sleep. He thought, it should be enough to return the conversation back to normal. “I make music as well. Classical, though, which rather fits for a Wyndham student,” he chuckled. “I’m not too familiar with rock, you’ll have to fill me in on that.”

He furrowed his brows at the mention of the subject. “Theatrical Alchemy? Are you sure? I don’t recall it being on the schedule.” Atlas was sure of it, he had it fully memorized the day he arrived. Still, the way Seung-min described it made a laugh escape his lips. He’d never thought how absurd it might sound to a newcomer. “I, well, I wouldn’t exactly say it’s that,” he replied, unable to hold back from laughing still. A part of it was due to relief, a weight lifted off his chest that things weren’t going entirely bad. “It’s more about metamorphosis, transforming yourself through theatrics. It’s a rather interesting subject, you’ll see what I mean.”

And on that topic, he felt the need to correct Seung-min. “Our first class should be Enchantic Music Composition. It starts at 9:30, so we should have…” he took his phone out of his pocket for a moment, checking the time. “We should have plenty of time before it begins.”

With that, he stepped away from the wall, extending his hand forward with another charming smile. “Then come along, I’d love to give you a tour,” he suggested, his words laced with a dramatic flair. Caught up in the moment, he failed to realize the implications of offering his hand to the man. “We could go anywhere you want. If it’s the cafeteria, then I’ll lead the way.”

@cordyx Yoo Seung-min

orp

This is so funny :sob::sob: sorry to seung-min but I had to make things worse

Also sorry for taking so long, I had examss

3 Likes

≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫

Tae rolled his eyes when she said she would be saving the memory of him admitting his pain and then looked at her with displeasure when she said she might have used him as a lab rat. Amani had a point though. However experimental the treatment she gave him was, he felt so much better that he was willing to put that aside. His confusion deepened as she burst into a fit of giggles.

“I wouldn’t believe you anyway.” He responded when she offered to lie to him. He looked up at her hand as she checked his temperature, making him question what side effects he was supposed to be looking out for. “Better.” He responded when she asked how he felt. “Really anything is an improvement on feeling like death but it’s closer to my normal pain level now. Whatever you did, it worked.” His tone was genuine when he said the last part, this time actually intending to reassure her that he was going to be okay instead of the joking remarks he made earlier.

Tae chuckled when she stated that her fiancé didn’t like him much. “That’s an understatement.” He quipped. He probably would have used the term ‘pure, unwarranted hatred’ but her description worked too. When she put her head on his shoulder, he was pleasantly surprised by the gesture and returned it by gently leaning against her. “I wouldn’t provoke him if he didn’t make it so easy. That party didn’t help at all but how many times do I have to tell him that I don’t see you like that before he stops feeling threatened?" He added, rolling his eyes.

He laughed as Amani continued to ponder which of the Duman cousins was the most mature, eventually landing on Tae and his sister. “Liss can have the title. I think I’ll continue being immature.” He replied. She scoffed when he explained the situation to her and he felt reassured that at least one person was on his side. She then lectured him about not letting Renlin’s stupid comments get to him, adding on that if he wasn’t going to do that, he should at least use his magic. “Yes, Amani.” He teased, using a child-like tone, as if he were a child being lectured by their mother.

He laughed again when she told him about his cousin’s drunken exploits at the ball. “Damn, I wish I had seen that.” He playfully lamented. “I also would have loved to be a fly on the wall when he got in trouble.” Was he enjoying this a little too much? Maybe, but it was very fulfilling to hear the person who often cast him aside as a mistake making big mistakes of his own.

He listened attentively as she described her latest dream to him. “Maybe it is a memory.” He suggested, making eye contact with her. Tae had a few dreams of his own that had a very similar feeling to what Amani was describing. The kind where he woke up confused, unsure of whether his dream was just a dream or if it was something he had actually lived through. “You said her face was blurry, but can you remember anything else about her? Maybe she was someone you knew a long time ago.” He felt as if they were trying to put together a puzzle that was missing the pieces most crucial to deciphering the image. Like they were so close to an answer, yet still so far away.

≪ °❈° ≫≪ °❈° ≫

@Kristi - Amani

4 Likes

Dominic Vaillant

[⋅𖥔⋅]═════⋅𖥔⋅═══ [ ] ═══⋅𖥔⋅═════[⋅𖥔⋅]

Hallways, at night — with Lenore and Vinnie’s boytoys

Chadwick backed away, a grating, obnoxious laugh escaping his lips. “As you wish, dear,” he mocked.

The two had managed to provoke the woman to the point she’d stopped caring for manners. She’d yelled at them, cursing them out from anger and shock. Yet the reaction she was met with was not regret nor sorrow, rather just a careless laugh that undermined the importance of her words. But no matter how further they wanted to push her, after that she simply kneeled down, tuning them out.

Rolling his eyes, Bradford nudged the other’s shoulders, signaling to leave. He turned towards the woman, uttering his final words, “You should’ve asked us for help, you know. Now if you find he’s dead, you’ll be the one to blame,” he scoffed, his tone that of a child attempting to threaten another. Turning around, he placed a hand on Chadwick’s shoulder. “Come on, Chad.”

Nodding, Chadwick joined his friend and the two walked away, their footsteps echoing in the dim hallway. From the distance, faint fragments of their conversation could be heard, like “Do you think Vinnie will finally notice me?” or “Are you still mad we didn’t invite you to the weekly orgy?” Conversations kept confidential in the Umbra Coven, and for a good reason.

At a time like this Dominic could only wish he was unconscious, but his body still refused to let him rest. Slipping in and out of consciousness had made him dazed, with no sense of direction or time. But fragments of the conversation were enough to clue him in on what’s happening. While they carried him, he’d relaxed his body, steadying his breathing despite the stinging pain coming from all over. It was a torture on its own, to stay perfectly unmoving while every cell of his body wanted to cry out for help.

Now with their absence, a welcome silence filled the air. The woman’s voice was a stark contrast compared to the guys, gentle and soft like a comforting melody. Something about it felt so familiar. Cautiously, Dominic opened his eyes, two blurry images coming as one while his surroundings came to focus. He turned his eyes up to the source of the voice, but all he saw was a silhouette kneeling above him, a soft golden glow lining its shape.

Taking a sharp breath, he’d prepared to answer, but his throat tightened suddenly. His hands clenched into fists, body tensing as he coughed. Blood, residuals of the fight spilled over, a harsh reminder that it was far from over. Dominic locked eyes with the woman, bloodshot and glazed over, hoping he needed no words to convey the state he was in.

@Caticorn ⋅𖥔⋅ Lenore Ferrell

3 Likes

Dante

Dante widened his eyes theatrically. “Wait, no zombies? And here I was, ready to stockpile canned goods and barricade myself in a fortress. So, what’s the real apocalypse we’re prepping for?” He leaned back slightly, crossing his arms in a way to challenge her to come up with something interesting.

Dante chuckled. “Alright, you’ve made your point. But just know, I don’t give up my coffee without a fight.” He raised an eyebrow playfully. “Challenging me over coffee might just turn into a thrilling showdown. But who’s to say a little competition isn’t a thrilling way to start the day?” He flashed a charming smile, his tone carrying a hint of flirtatious challenge.

“Well, let mystery be what keeps me coming back for more.” Dante said with a conspiratorial tone and a smirk. Dante couldn’t deny he enjoyed the back and forth of banter between them. His voice was low and inviting as he continued, “I have to admit, there’s nothing quite like the thrill of uncovering secrets, layer by layer.”

He leaned in slightly, closing the distance between them just enough to make his presence felt. “And if I’ve piqued your interest, well, that’s a start.” His gaze held hers steadily, the teasing challenge in his tone unmistakable. “Maybe we’ll both find out there’s a lot more hidden beneath the surface.” He took another deliberate sip of his coffee, maintaining eye contact, the air between them charged with a mix of intrigue and flirtation.

Dante noticed Ayla’s raised eyebrow and skeptical expression. He met her gaze, his smile widening into a confident smirk. “Well, Ayla,” he began, his tone light and teasing, “why not both?” He leaned in slightly, lowering his voice conspiratorially. “I’m all about keeping things interesting. And if stepping up my game catches your attention, then it’s a win-win, isn’t it?” His eyes sparkled with mischief as he added, “Besides, you seem like someone worth impressing.”

Dante’s eyes sparkled with intrigue as he leaned in slightly. “Safe is overrated,” he said, his voice low and smooth. “Where’s the fun in that? Life’s meant for a bit of risk, a bit of adventure.” He held her gaze, a mischievous smile playing on his lips. “So, what kind of thrill are you looking for? Because I’m all about shaking things up.” His words carried a subtle challenge, inviting her to step out of her comfort zone and hinting at the excitement he could offer.

Dante couldn’t help but let out a soft chuckle at Ayla’s straightforwardness. He reached into his pocket, pulling out his phone and placing it in her hand, his fingers briefly brushing against hers. “Well, who am I to refuse such a direct request?” he said, a playful glint in his eyes. “But just so you know, giving me your number means you’re signing up for some unexpected adventures. Hope you can handle that.” His smirk deepened, his gaze never leaving hers, intrigued by her boldness and enjoying the game they were playing.

3 Likes

Where tf are we || with Amani

Arya tilted her head slightly, a playful glint in her eyes as Amani’s words rolled off her tongue with a touch of amusement. She took a moment, letting the comment hang in the air before responding, her tone casually pointed. Shemet Amani’s probing gaze with a raised eyebrow and a subtle smirk playing on her lips. “Oh, Amani, always so curious about matters that don’t concern you,” she remarked, her voice carrying a hint of amusement laced with sarcasm. "Not everything is as straightforward as you’d like to believe. Whether it was love, lust, or something else entirely, it’s hardly your place to judge, isn’t it?”

Arya tilted her head, her eyes sparkling with a blend of amusement and challenge as she regarded Amani. “Oh, absolutely,” she replied, her tone effortlessly playful yet laced with an undercurrent of teasing. “Life without drama would be dreadfully dull, wouldn’t it? But then again, moderation in all things. Too much flair, and even the most thrilling performance loses its charm.”

“Besides, we wouldn’t want to exhaust your impeccable flair for the dramatic,” Arya continued, her voice a gentle murmur "Who would keep things interesting if not you?" She leaned slightly closer, her expression one of mock seriousness. “Although, I must admit, I do find your penchant for theatrics rather endearing at times. It’s like watching a masterful performance.” Arya’s smile widened, a mischievous glint in her eyes. “But tell me,” she added, her voice dropping to a conspiratorial whisper, “do you ever tire of playing the lead role in your own drama? Or is the spotlight simply too addictive to resist?” Her words hung in the air, a subtle challenge woven into the playful banter. Arya knew that their dynamic thrived on this delicate balance of wit and a hint of flirtation neither of them would admit, each testing the other’s limits while maintaining a veneer of camaraderie tinged with rivalry.

Arya’s eyes sparkled with amusement as she listened to Amani’s musings, her lips curling into a sly smile. “Ah, but isn’t it delightful to occasionally indulge in the pathetic nonsense?” Arya replied, her tone dripping with playful sarcasm. “After all, what would art be without a touch of sentiment? Without that raw, unfiltered emotion that makes us feel alive?”
Arya chuckled softly, her eyes alight with amusement as she met Amani’s teasing smile with a knowing glint of her own. “but what is the ‘right’ kind of poetry?” she teased lightly, her tone carrying a hint of playful challenge. "Perhaps it’s all a matter of perspective. Some prefer the raw, unfiltered emotion that spills onto the page like ink from a restless pen. Others, like yourself, favor the stark clarity of prose, devoid of sentimentality.” Arya leaned against a nearby pillar, her posture relaxed yet poised.

“So, while my poetry may not be the ‘right’ kind for you,” she mused, a playful smirk quirking her lips, “I have a feeling it still manages to provoke a reaction, even if its a skeptical scoff or two, in typical Amani fashion.”

Arya’s brow furrowed slightly as Amani spoke, her tone matter-of-fact yet tinged with an undeniable sense of concern. She understood the gravity of their situation now that they were confronted with an unexpected and dangerous turn of events. “Disappointment indeed,” Arya murmured softly, her eyes scanning their surroundings warily. She nodded in agreement with Amani’s explanation about the intertwined visions, though she couldn’t shake the growing sense of unease settling over her.
Before Amani could elaborate further, Arya sensed a shift in the atmosphere, a subtle change that rippled through the air like a premonition. The room darkened slowly, shadows slithering in from the edges, casting eerie shapes upon the walls. Arya’s instincts screamed danger, and she tensed, readying herself for whatever nightmare lay ahead.

Just as Arya opened her mouth to respond, movement flickered at the corner of her vision. Her heart skipped a beat as a monstrous silhouette began to materialise from the darkness, its form twisted and nightmarish. Fear gripped Arya’s chest like a vice, a feeling she was not used to and did not know how to handle, so she tried forcing herself to stay calm, her mind racing to keep pace with the unfolding chaos.

“Run!” Amani’s urgent hiss shattered the silence, yanking Arya out of her stunned state. Without hesitation, Arya felt Amani’s firm grip on her arm, thrusting her into motion. Adrenaline surged through her veins as they sprinted through this unknown space,the echoes of their footsteps bouncing off the walls like ominous drumbeats… Arya could hear her own ragged breaths, almost synchronized with Amani’s, as they dodged shadows and darted past these dangers.

Arya’s breath came in short, shallow bursts as they huddled in the alcove, the cool stone walls offering a brief respite from the encroaching darkness. Amani’s hands trembled as she attempted the incantation, her voice strained and low, the syllables carrying a weight of desperation. Arya could feel the tension radiating from her, a palpable fear underscored by the urgency of their situation. But instead of a magical door materialising as they hoped, a piece of paper appeared before them. Arya’s eyes darted to the paper, her thoughts focused with a clarity born of desperation, recognizing it instantly as a riddle, a challenge laid out by the twisted magic of the mirror.

The words danced across the page, weaving a tale of shadow and light, of truths hidden within illusions. Arya’s brow furrowed as she absorbed the riddle’s challenge, each line posing a puzzle they needed to solve to secure their escape. It was a test of wit and intuition, a labyrinthine path through the depths of their fears. “Through shadow and light, where fears take flight,” Arya murmured, her voice echoing softly in the alcove. “We need to find a door… but not a literal one.” Her gaze flickered to Amani, her expression resolute despite the tremors of uncertainty that gripped them both. “In a room of mirrors, not all reflect… it’s metaphorical.”

Arya’s gaze swept across the alcove, searching for any sign of the elusive glass that held the key to their escape. The dim light filtering through the cracks in the walls offered little clarity, casting elongated shadows that seemed to dance with malevolent intent. Drawing on her magic once more, Arya extended her hand, summoning a soft glow that bathed the alcove in a gentle light.

“Glass… glass…” Arya muttered to herself. The dim light from her earlier spell flickered faintly. Her eyes fell on the surface of her watch, where the light reflected back at her in a glinting pattern. “Glass…” Arya murmured, her voice barely above a whisper, her gaze fixated on the reflection “It’s not about the glass in the room, but another mirror-”, she turned to Amani, her expression determined despite the lingering fear. “Amani, it’s not physical glass we’re looking for. It’s a mirror, one that doesn’t reflect like the others do. It’s the mirror that holds the key.”

The roar of the approaching monster spurred Arya into action. With a quick glance around, she spotted a corridor leading deeper into the illusions. “Come on,” she urged, grabbing Amani’s arm firmly. “We need to find that mirror. Trust me on this.” Arya led the way, her heart pounding with a mix of fear and adrenaline as they navigated through the labyrinth of shadows and illusions, searching for the elusive mirror that might hold the key to their escape.

Arya murmured, her voice echoing softly in the alcove. “We need to find a door… but not a literal one.” Her gaze flickered to Amani, her expression resolute despite the tremors of uncertainty that gripped them both. “In a room of mirrors, not all reflect… it’s metaphorical.”

Arya’s gaze swept across the alcove, searching for any sign of the elusive glass that held the key to their escape. The dim light filtering through the cracks in the walls offered little clarity, casting elongated shadows that seemed to dance with malevolent intent. Drawing on her magic once more, Arya extended her hand, summoning a soft glow that bathed the alcove in a gentle light.

“Glass… glass…” Arya muttered to herself. The dim light from her earlier spell flickered faintly. Her eyes fell on the surface of her watch, where the light reflected back at her in a glinting pattern. “Glass…” Arya murmured, her voice barely above a whisper, her gaze fixated on the reflection “It’s not about the glass in the room, but another mirror-”, she turned to Amani, her expression determined despite the lingering fear. “Amani, it’s not physical glass we’re looking for. It’s a mirror, one that doesn’t reflect like the others do. It’s the mirror that holds the key.”

The roar of the approaching monster spurred Arya into action. With a quick glance around, she spotted a corridor leading deeper into the illusions. “Come on,” she urged, grabbing Amani’s arm firmly. “We need to find that mirror. Trust me on this.” Arya led the way, her heart pounding with a mix of fear and adrenaline as they navigated through the labyrinth of shadows and illusions, searching for the elusive mirror that might hold the key to their escape.

@kristi

2 Likes

─── ・ 。゚☆: ✦. .✦ :☆゚. ・ ───

Lenore let out an exaggerated sigh when he responded. “Ah, well, I suppose there’s not much else I can do then. Guess you’re stuck with me.” She conceded with a wink, though she had to admit she enjoyed going back and forth with him. She had missed it, and him, over the summer and it just made her even more glad to be back.

“Oh, I’m sure you can,” She replied, reaffirming his confidence in himself. Jesse was much more of a fighter than any member of her house and she had no doubt that he could take on any number of them, verbally or otherwise. “I would just prefer to not be here to deal with the aftermath.” He added that he had one member on his side, nudging her with his arm. “And what if I pretend I don’t know you?” She teased with a soft smirk.

She laughed when he suggested that he should start just going by Jesse. “You could but you just don’t have the same air of mystery.” She responded, thinking out loud. She bit back a smile as he suggested that she was interested in Nic. “And what if I am?” She asked with a nonchalant shrug. He might have been teasing but she still wanted to she how he would respond.

─── ・ 。゚☆: ✦. .✦ :☆゚. ・ ───

@novella - Jesse

2 Likes

frey

⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ clone w/ Thalia ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆

The girl stood up the instant the books hit the ground, helping to pick them up and reassuring Freya not to worry about it. Though when she referenced making mistakes, it seemed to Freya that she was talking about more than just the books. She looked up for a moment as the girl had her back to her. She didn’t want the girl to beat herself up too much about the goings on of last night. “Nothing that can’t be moved past,” Freya told her as subtle reassurance after a moment of consideration, with an unreadable expression on her face, and her eyes moving around avoiding any contact.

As Freya was ready to be out of this conversation, the girl informed her of her own need for the same book, suggesting they use it together. Internally, she sighed, and wondered how she had ended up needing to stay by this girls side once again. She was tempted to look around once again, in the hopes that an extra copy of the book had just been hiding in plain site. But Freya knew she probably shouldn’t do that right in front of the girl who was just trying to be nice.

That was just the problem, though. Freya wasn’t here to be nice with people. Attending this school wasn’t about making friends, she had goals and ambitions that she was determined to meet. Freya was adamant to not let things get in the way of that. This particular case, however, it seemed she had to make nice in order to get what she needed. But it’s not like she needed to talk to her, right? They were just sharing a book, after all.

She gave it a moment of thought, but the answer seemed inevitable. “Uh, yeah, I guess we could do that,” Freya eventually came out with. She then took the seat that had been beside the girl, putting her bag down, and notebook on the table, despite her reluctance.

⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ ◯ ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆

@Kristi Thaliaaa

3 Likes

[[[ ౨ৎ]

“Well,” Amani began, shrugging her shoulders with an air of insouciance. “You cannot say I didn’t try to be nice by giving you an option.” A fleeting smirk played on her lips, but it vanished almost immediately as she leaned forward, her fingers brushing his forehead to check his temperature. The meticulousness of her movements, the intense concentration in her eyes, betrayed the gravity she placed on her magical prowess. Despite her outward confidence, a trace of doubt seemed to linger, a doubt quickly dispelled as she found no signs of error in her work. Of course, there were none. She was, after all, a prodigy—a great sorcerer from a tender age—but even the greatest can harbor fleeting fears of imperfection.

playing her role as the concerned friend, Amani asked how he felt. Tae’s response, a simple affirmation of improvement, drew a hum of satisfaction from her. “Of course it did,” she said, her smile small but self-assured. “Did you doubt me?” Her words carried the subtle pride of someone who had paid close attention to their mother’s teachings, a pride well-earned and deeply rooted.

Azriel and Tae—two central figures in her life, yet perpetually at odds. Their animosity, often amusing, sometimes edged into the realm of the absurd. Even in moments of irritation, Amani found herself bemused by their antics. There was no real cause for Azriel’s insecurity; he knew the depth of her trust in Tae, knew the essential role he played in her life.

“Perhaps a hundred times each day,” she teased, a glint of mischief in her eyes. “And to stay six feet away at all times. Maybe then he’d feel less threatened. But that’s not happening anytime soon, so I suppose you two can keep arguing like fools. It’s entertaining, at least.” Her tone shifted, becoming more serious. “I might call him later today or tomorrow. If my dad talks to you, tell me.”

Their conversation meandered to the immaturity of the Dunmans and the latest scandal involving Renlin. Laughter bubbled between them, but it quickly subsided as Amani broached the subject of the woman—the true reason she had summoned Tae.

“Maybe it is a memory,” Tae suggested, his voice thoughtful.

“It’s possible,” Amani mused. “But it’s so vague. Her face was blurry, yes, but her voice… it felt familiar in a way I can’t quite place. Like trying to recall a song you haven’t heard in years but still remember the melody of. The emotion was so strong—fear, desperation. And the way she moved… it was like she was trying to reach out to me, like there was something urgent she needed to say but couldn’t.”

Amani’s lips pursed, her gaze drifting as if searching for something just out of reach. An uncomfortable expression settled on her face as she sighed. “I feel like there’s a key in this dream, something important I’m supposed to understand. Do you think it could be some kind of magic or spell affecting my dreams?” Her eyes met Tae’s, filled with a silent plea for insight, for some suggestion that might help her uncover the truth behind the haunting vision.

@Caticorn

2 Likes

꒰ ⋆ .⺌ ⟡ ⊂ eta ⊃ ⟡ ⺌. ⋆ ꒱

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Seung-min thought of the answer long and hard. It was close! One certain keyword would change the whole conversation. And in his determined analysis, he looked at Atlas with an amused look on his face. Subtle, but very nice to look at. With a light blush on his face, he answered the question with a little to no confidence, “Is it not Nat Geo? Is it Scholastic? Oh wait, that’s stupid! Why would your parents name you by a book? That’s like me calling my child Dictionary. Was I slightly close on the Greek one, cause I don’t know anything about that, sorry.” Scratching his head, he confessed to him, “I mean, I like history, but I’m not like… a nut about it. Like cool; I like Hercules. The Disney one, of course, since I have no business reading the real deal and I had heard only scraps of that story.”

Speaking of his lack of awareness of the institution, Seung-min seems glad to have met a fine man who could guide him through the school and the wondrous locations that could be explored, given the time. With Atlas’ warm welcome, he had nothing but a sense of relief and happiness in having a few sets of friends on whom he could rely in the navigation of the new environment he is currently in. His sense of joy did seem to interrupt when Atlas would soon act like a chivalrous knight as he bowed down to Seung-min with such elegance. His face tinted a cherry complexion with his thoughts ringing: “Ahh, Jalsaenggyeotda!” Giving out a small sigh and chuckle, he replied back, “Oh, uh, yeah! Pleasure is mine. I mean, yeah, I’m sure I’ll have a great school year in this lovely establishment.”

For a moment, it seems as though he would want to go with Atlas and go to the cafeteria. To him, a nice bite with him and the handsome guy? Such a dream! As much as he wanted to, however, he didn’t have the stomach to continue on with this opportunity as he had a hearty breakfast. A simple one, but quite hearty for the day ahead of him. With a scratch on Seung-min’s head, he declined, “I mean, too late, cause I did say I had issues navigating.” With a quick realization in his tone, he hurriedly changed the pace of his tone and reassured Atlas of his sudden attitude,“B-but no worries for you anymore! I saved you the trouble by asking some students here, so I ate quite well. I just wonder if they have other options in the cafeteria. Do they have, like, specials? Like Taco Tuesday or something? I don’t know; I just asked something basic and went with the flow. But if you’re wondering, yes, I am full, and I did have a nice breakfast, and it was delicious, and I could stop blabbing just because.”

He was sure he made it obvious with the musicians, though he did wonder if he knew any of the artists that he had spoken about. Actually, he even wondered if this place is somehow updated with pop culture or are they stuck in a rock with their latest news being that a new girl group named ‘Destiny’s Child’ has made its debut with a bomb music video. Weird since they do have social media, but Seung-min’s mind wonders about different things. After the confirmation, Seung-min imitated a melodic “Ding ding ding!” With other questions ringing in his mind, he wanted to know Atlas’ group, “How about you, Atlas? Where do you go? Or assigned to a faction? What do they call this Enigma Stag—a house? Like I’m in house Enigma Stag? Sorry, I just… I don’t have the words to say anything, really. I mean, I had this weird dream, and now I’m feeling like I ate glue.”

With some of the tensions lying down, it seems as though the air felt lighter, with the topic of music being the focal point of their conversation. There was an excitement to Atlas’ enthusiasm in wanting to learn about this side of music. With Seung-min, he had adored all types, with his recent interest in alternative music giving him a jump in the introduction. With his eyes wide open and holding out both Atlas’ hands, he exclaimed, “Oh yes! I could even teach you how to rock a keyboard! Do you know how to play instruments? I mean, they’re basically the same, just with little pedals or maybe no pedals, depending on the version. I could even start with a history lesson. Maybe we could start with the start of its conception, around the 1940s? We could even go farther than that, maybe going to touch upon the history of blues and jazz. Oh, we could even go to folk music, but that would be so ancient, and I’m sure you endured too much of the history of music.”

Atlas’ confusion gave him a certain shock and dazed reaction, as he was so sure of the classes that he had been given. With a puzzled face, he looked back on his paper, “I-I mean, it says here on the pamphlet… Oh wait.” Looking at the pamphlet, it seems as though he had the wrong schedule in place, probably from advanced reading to what he would be expecting in his classes. Either way, he had to save his own skin, giving out a laugh at Atlas to cover up his silly mistake: “I can’t read this. My God, a school as elegant as this hasn’t hired a graphic designer that fits with the times. I guess old money and all their technological jazz, haha!”

His friend’s amused reaction did lighten up his spirits, with Seung-min wanting to make him laugh just for the fun of it. He was sure the descriptions and his perplexed nature amplified this amusement, and he was bound to make this day very special. Letting out a cheerful smile, he replied back to Atlas’ explanation of Theatrical Alchemy, “So it’s like Elsa in ‘Let It Go’? Something like that? I don’t know; I guess Real Life Hogwarts is kinda more like your typical college when doing all those sorts of courses and classes. I mean, one of my classes is Art Appreciation. How wild is that? Like, just admiring an art and saying, ‘Yes, it’s ok’. Nope. It’s not, and I did a lot of things I thought I wouldn’t do in an art school.”

The first class’s name still perplexed him, as each of the names in his classes was becoming more wondrous than the last. In his case, he had nothing to do but laugh at the subjects. Especially with his actual class, he had to share the humorous anecdote he had connected: “D-do you know a show called Winx? I don’t know, man, that Enchantic word is so, like, Enchantix! I’m yapping, but I could show you that show; it will change your life, I assure you.”

After all that and time to spare, his enthusiastic self jumped at the opportunity as he shouted out, “Let’s go then! To the caf!” Grabbing the shoulders of Atlas, he came close with his usual pep and excuse to go to the cafeteria despite his previous statement in his meal, “Now I know I just said I ate, but we could do coffee. Unless, of course, you haven’t had your breakfast, and that’d be fine too. I usually like company when eating, especially since I’m kinda used to a whole dinner table with a family to eat together. But hey, less sappy emotions and more walking.”

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

@idiot.exe - Atlas

3 Likes

[[[Musica ౨ৎ])]

'It is always fun, after all, to marvel at the mess another calls a life, innit?” Amani remarked, her lips curling into a small, amused smile. She was responding to Arya’s chiding about her curiosity regarding Arya’s personal affairs. “Curiosity is a virtue,” she chuckled, her voice dripping with sarcasm. “But you’re right, perhaps it’s not my place to judge your… entanglements. It is, of course, my fault for assuming you were wiser than that.” She teased, her eyes glinting with amusement.

Amani listened with rapt attention as Arya began to dissect her flair for the dramatic. “Who would keep things interesting if not you?” Arya leaned in slightly, her expression a mock seriousness as she posed the question. “Do you ever tire of playing the lead role in your own drama, or is the spotlight simply too addictive?”

“The latter,” Amani confirmed with a smirk. “I could never tire of the spotlight, dear Sellenova.” That was actually a lie, but one she told so often it almost felt true.

The truth was more complex, or perhaps it was more straightforward than Amani thought. There was a good reason she was not part of the Egnima house, other than the fact, it would agitate her to be in it- it was not that the stage, metaphorically, was not what she would like to call home, but in a way it was still her home. It was something she had particularly grown used to, though it would be a lie to say she enjoyed. Perhaps if her life had been different, then… “Depends on one’s definition of occasionally,” Amani said arching a brow.

Amani had to agree, that a touch of sentiment does make a good poetry, after all, poetry or any piece of literature is supposed to invoke a feeling in you, Whether one likes or does not like that feeling, it was still a feeling and it was true, that when reading Arya’s poetry, there was an uncomfortable feeling that had developed - one that had hit quite close to home. But will Amani say all of this? Of course not, who do you take her for? “Raw emotion has its place, sure. Let us agree to disagree. But without a purpose, without a deeper meaning, it’s just noise. It’s like watching a child throw a tantrum – a lot of sound and fury, but ultimately pointless.” She had leaned in slightly, then stood straight, crossing her arms, her eyes flickering to Arya as if she was in deep thoughts. In a way she was, after all, she was trying to find the right way to disagree with Arya. “Yes,” Amani said, not particularly directed to anyone but herself. " I’d rather have art that provokes thought, that questions and pushes boundaries. Sentiment is just a layer, a façade. Strip it away, and what do you have left? That’s what interests me. Art meant for shock factor invokes a feeling, but does it invoke a profound thought? Most of the time no, and that’s why I find art that only plays unto one’s emotions lazy, cunning and cheap in its allure."

After this, Amani had gone on to say, as a response to Arya’s talk of right poetry, that perhaps Arya’s poetry had not been the right poetry for her. Unlike most of her words towards Arya, that had not been said with any true malice laced in them, it was indeed a playful teasing remark-said, perhaps, to see how Arya would respond to it. As expected, she had been quite cipher in her response, questioning Amani’ s usage of ‘right kind of poetry’, “Unfortunately, I cannot find it in me to disagree with that,” Amani had said in response to Arya’s statement that her poetry invoked a feeling in Amani. “I suppose there is some used to your poetry after all,” Her lips tugged to a smirk as she took the poetry away from Arya’s hands and placed it back on the wall, where it belonged.

**“Run!” Amani had hissed, grabbing Arya’s arm and pulling her away from the approaching horror. They sprinted through the dimly lit space, their footsteps echoing off the walls, the sound of their breathing ragged and desperate. Amani’s mind raced, trying to remember the spell that could get them out of this nightmare. Latin and French phrases swirled in her thoughts, a mix of ancient words that held the key to their escape.

Amani tried to recite the beginning of the spell, to open a door, but instead of a door being opened, they had gotten a riddle.A riddle! Just what they needed, Amani sighed, as she recited it out loud for Arya to hear, asking if Arya had seen any glass around the place.

To that, Arya had said it’s not about the glass in the room but another mirror, telling Amani to trust her on this, to which Amani had bit back a remark, nodding her head, agreeing with Arya’s words to find that mirror.

It was an illusion, it was an illusion, Amani repeated in her head, but it didn’t make the situation any easier. The creature’s voice echoed ominously, sending shivers down her spine. Mirrors could blur the lines between reality and fantasy, and while she knew this monster was an illusion meant to perplex and give nightmares, its presence was unnerving. If she hadn’t seen that vision behind the creature’s eyes, if Arya’s vision and hers hadn’t intertwined, perhaps her heart wouldn’t be racing as it was.

Amani’s feet landed on the edge of a pond, and she blinked, pulling away from it as she wondered where it had come from. Realizing this was indeed an illusion, she gazed at the pond again. It had no reflection and looked quite like glass. Look for the glass that is more than it seems

“Sellenova,” Amani called out for Arya, “I think I found what we are supposed to be looking for.”

@CerealKiller

1 Like

Copy of Copy of Copy of Silas

[𓆩[⟡𓆪 𓆩⟡𓆪 𓆩⟡]

Clone

'Nothing that can’t be moved past’ the raven-haired girl had said, an unreadable expression on her face. For a minute, Thalia paused while holding the book she was helping pick up from the ground. There were so many thoughts swirling in her head. One, perhaps the most obvious, went like this: Did the raven-haired girl know what Thalia had been referring to? Did she remember? Okay, that was two questions, but in Thalia’s mind, it was just one because the former answered the latter. Another thought was that if she did know, if she did remember, Thalia was grateful that it was something that could be moved past.

She picked up the book, she had been previously trying to pick and put it back on the shelf, before she sat back down, and the girl in front of her had questioned the book Thalia had on a table- a book that she had been using to prevent Indentations when she was drawing. A book, that Thalia had not even bothered to look at the name: Astral’s Traveller Handbook . Apparently, that very book, The Astral’s Traveler Handbook, was an important book to the raven haired.

You don’t seem to be using it. Could I borrow it? She had asked, and at first, Thalia had been ready; she had been ready to give the book to her; after all, the book had already served its purpose, and it wasn’t like it was of any need to her, but something in her—perhaps the intrigued, curious, and searching nature in her—could not allow her to do so, so instead she had lied, stating that she needed the book as well, citing a test coming up soon and as if she were being sympathetic and nice to another’s situation; she had told the raven that if she really needed the book, sharing was an option.

But the girl did not seem very inclined to want to share. There was something in the way her eyes flickered and the way her face, while expressionless, seemed to be curving to a slight annoyance that Thalia feared rejection. Rejection, it seems, was what the girl was going to choose, and Thalia waited for it. She braced herself for just giving the girl the book and leaving, and when the girl opened her lips, saying that she supposed they could share, Thalia admits she was a bit taken aback.

“Wait, what?” Thalia asked, the surprised evident in her face, before she shook her head, changing her expression. “I mean right, of course,” Thalia said as she shifted, giving the raven haired space to sit besides. She opened the book, getting her notes out, and offered a tentative smile. “So, mm, what part do you need first?” she asked trying to sound casual as she flipped to the page.

She reached into her bag, bringing out a pen, and paper- because if she was going to be pretending to study, she needed to look the part after all.

@novella

2 Likes

{ October 1, 2023 }

Each year the school organizes this scavenger hunt that unfolds across the campus, leading participants through corridors, chambers, and mystical locations. The scavenger hunt is shrouded in riddles, cryptic clues, and magical challenges that draw upon the unique abilities and expertise of each school group. Students from the Enigma Stag might encounter illusions that conceal the true path, while members of the Cipher may decipher clues hidden within enchanted artwork. The Umbra Coven might navigate the hunt based on celestial alignments, and the Quantum could unravel cryptic messages that guide them through the labyrinthine journey.

The climax of the Hidden Wonders Scavenger Hunt, however, holds a deeper significance in the overarching plot. The final clue leads participants to a sacred space within the college. Here, the best student, often the one who excels in solving the arcane challenges and navigating the hidden wonders, is presented with a choice - a choice that will affect the graduation ritual.

The best student, having delved into the mysteries of the school and faced the choices presented during the scavenger hunt, becomes a central figure in the unfolding narrative. The choices made during this event play a crucial role in shaping the student’s destiny.

{ Setting }
The hunt spans various areas of the campus, from the enchanting school garden to the winding corridors. Participants discover secret rooms, magical murals, and forgotten chambers that hold fragments of Ninth House’s rich history.

Pre-Event Activities

Morning Assembly: A Grand Commencement

The day begins with an assembly in the Grand Hall where the headmaster addresses the entire student body. His welcome speech emphasizes the importance of the scavenger hunt, highlighting its role in fostering teamwork, honing magical skills. He explains the rules, the significance of the event, and the grand prize awaiting the most resourceful and skilled participant.

Breakfast and Socializing: Fueling the Adventure

Following the assembly, students proceed to the Dining Hall for a buffet breakfast. This time serves multiple purposes: it allows students to energize for the challenging day ahead, and it provides an opportunity for socializing and team formation. As students mingle, they form teams, blending members from different houses, or same?

Starting the Day: The Hunt Begins

Initial Clue Distribution: Setting the Course

After breakfast, the scavenger hunt officially begins. Each team will receive their first clue and a map of the school.Their first clue, a riddle or puzzle that hints at the location of the next clue. This initial clue is critical, setting the tone for the entire hunt. The headmaster gives the signal to start.

Central Command Center: Overseeing the Hunt

The headmaster’s office serves as the central command center for the scavenger hunt. Here, staff members and senior students monitor progress through magical mirrors and communication spells. They provide subtle hints to teams that are significantly stuck, ensuring no team is left frustrated. Safety is paramount; magical amulets given to each team track their progress and can be used to call for help if needed.

guide

You can start your posts with them waiting in the grand hall, have your own little interactions and when we’re ready to proceed I’ll post another announcement! This will just give you a little more time to figure everything out!
We’ll work on making teams together too! I’ll let you all decide if you want to make them mixed (by houses) or make it random? this does not mean you have to stay with your team, leaveee… go explore everything on you’r own. you want to be the best here, don’t you?

@NinthHouse

6 Likes