Ninth House | Official RP Thread

Dante

Dante flashed a charming grin, amused by Celestine’s playful banter. “Heh, well, you make a compelling argument, Celestine,” Dante replied, his tone light and teasing. “But you see, I like to keep the mystery alive. A little darkness adds depth, don’t you think?” He continued, his tone lighthearted yet confident. “Besides, I wouldn’t want to steal the spotlight from you entirely. After all, what’s a masquerade ball without a bit of contrast?” He gestured toward the shimmering chandelier, adding, “As for the chandelier, it does have a way of making everything shimmer, doesn’t it?” Dante chuckled softly, nodding in agreement.

Dante’s lips curled into a mischievous smile to Celestine’s playful yet sharp commentary, clearly enjoying the verbal sparring match between them. “Ah, touche,” he replied with a chuckle, acknowledging her clever retorts. “I must say, your wit is as sharp as your sense of style,” he added, a hint of admiration in his voice. He leaned in slightly, his eyes gleaming with mischief behind his mask. “And here I thought I was the only one with a penchant for mixing metaphors and masking intentions,” he remarked, his tone teasing yet warm. “But you’ve caught me red-handed, Celestine. It seems I’ve underestimated the Dorothy in you,” he continued, his grin widening. “As for being a friend and companion, well, I can’t say I’m one to turn down good company,” Dante replied, his tone genuine but with a teasing undertone. “Consider it my pleasure to have amused you, even if it means enduring a few jabs at my ‘golden’ commentary,” he added with a playfulness, his demeanor relaxed and casual as he spoke.

Dante’s lips curled into a knowing smirk at Celestine’s comment about his reputation, his eyes sparkling with a hint of mischief. “Ah, you’ve heard about my reputation, have you?” he replied, his tone playful yet tinged with a touch of pride. “Well, what can I say? I have a knack for stirring things up. I suppose the gardens might not seem like the most thrilling adventure to some, but who knows what mysteries we might stumble upon? Who’s to say the gardens don’t contain more secrets, ones you might not expect?” His voice carried a hint of something deeper, something he could not reveal. Not here. There was a reason, a reason he wanted to get out of the party. He wasn’t expecting her to have noticed some of the same things he had noticed himself. He realised, that maybe even with the drinks she seemed to have had, she might exactly be the partner in crime he needed tonight. “As for what I make of you, seems I might have misjudged you a bit,” Dante remarked, his tone reflecting a genuine sense of reconsideration. “Looks like there’s more to you than meets the eye. You’ve got a way of seeing things that’s… refreshing, to say the least.”

As she accepted his offer out of spite, Dante’s smirk widened slightly. “Well then, shall we uncover some of those secrets the outdoors might uncover together?” he replied, gesturing towards the garden entrance with a nod of his head, ready to embark on this unexpected adventure. He whispered in her ear, “Outside we can talk safely, follow me.” He initially had asked her on a stroll to tease, to test her, but now, now she had spoken so openly, he couldn’t help but worry for her. She spoke so openly, almost too openly, and he was certain that if she would speak those things to others, she might get in serious trouble. These were things, one could not speak openly about. He glanced around the room, especially with these masks, you never knew who might be listening in on your conversations. He continued whispering, “Pretend we’re going on a romantic stroll, can you do that?” He held out his hand for her to hold as he spoke, as he did, he realised the stakes of what they were getting into.

@cordyx - Celestine

6 Likes