Ninth House | Official RP Thread

꒰ ⋆ .⺌ ⟡ ⊂ perfect day ⊃ ⟡ ⺌. ⋆ ꒱

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Swiping the last product from the brush, his face twisted in a hyper-fixed manner as he stroked the last eyeshadow to finalize the look. Such focus was made to fully immerse himself in a realm of fantasy he has not dipped in a good minute. His efforts were null, however, as he looked next to his dresser to see a dainty black mask conveniently placed next to him as a reminder of the memo of the event. Right, masquerade. Mask. Cover face. Great. Slumping in his seat, he let out a loud groan as he cried over the effort to make a certain bang to the crowd, feeling slightly defeated as he scrolled back to nights in preparation, scrolling through blogs and videos on makeup tutorials.

His spirits were raised easily, however, as he scrolled through his laptop to listen to more upbeat music. Not the smooth study chill songs, something to pump the blood with a diabetic amount of serotonin. Feeling the beat of every drum and guitar he listened to, he had the urge to fully immerse himself in giving a personal concert. With the finale at hand, he looked back at his wardrobe and checked for the sealed suit locked away until the aforementioned masquerade ball was at hand. Zipping down the covered suit flew down a blue note, giving Seung-min a certain form of confusion as to who wrote the letter. Unraveling it was a note from her omma, scented lightly with her favorite perfume as a last send-off to a new chapter of his life, reading: “Have fun at this latest chapter of your life. I know you can be a star in your show, just like you always are. Just don’t let me hear a call from the head of your misdeeds. Love you, xxx-omma.” Flipping the other side read: “Have fun at college, Min-min! PS: Technically, your room is vacant, so I will gladly take all your jackets and room. finders keepers. thank u sweet caring amazing big brother~” “Sunny!” Seung-min let out a fat cry as she looked at the time and quickly dressed up to go to the event.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Awestruck. All he could be was awestruck; the architecture and the decor were something he never thought would be in, as all the elegance he saw was something worthy of displays and museums only. The chandeliers and glittering people made the room enticing, giving him a sense of appreciation for a place so alien to him as he thought about his life changing into something new. Something better for his future. Probably. Perusing around the ballroom looking for candidates to dance and have some fun, he realized that some were preoccupied with some things he was not all too familiar with, soon giving up as he walked to the side to grab a punch to drink. Looking down as he drank, he heard a voice in front of him as he was finally asked to have a dance. Seeping in with excitement, he was supposed to gleefully accept but remembered his uncle’s advice on keeping a serious face with a sea of serious people with covered motives. Keeping his cool, he made an effort. “Yes! I mean, yeah… I’d totes like that, cause the party is so… boring. I’m looking for adventure, b-but not without a dance from a handsome fellow.”

Taking his hands, the two of them swayed freely around the dancefloor as the scene around them circled with every twinkle reflected in the chandelier. Keeping his voice down to a minimum, he soothed his voice as he came near the man. “You’re a great dancer. Um, would it be too forward to ask you your name, or do you like the game of hot and cold? Either way, I like playing both.” With a slight grin, he had twirled the man around as a way to make a bit of fun as he chuckled, grabbing him back as he whispered, “So what made you come near me and ask for a dance? Did I look lonely? Is the food getting cold? Or an invitation away from the party? I hope it isn’t the last one, cause the food here is just divine. They have these coated nuts that look simple, but when you bite them, boom! a landmine of flavors, like—it’s just—” Realizing that he was going on a tangent, Seung-min remained calm as he went back to the cool persona, “…Really interesting. Cool. But whatever it is, I’m very interested in where the wind will take us. Cool. Do you like jazz?”

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

@Caticorn - Tae

7 Likes