Nostalgia about periods you've never lived in

Have you ever looked at an image or listened to a song, and just got a weird sense of nostalgia?
Sometimes when I look at aesthetic images, I get the feeling like I’ve been to those places, or I get nostalgic about past time periods depicted. It also happens when I’m listening to music, either from older time periods or music that sounds like it came from those times.

Has this ever happened to you?
What did you do to trigger this feeling?

5 Likes

I don’t think so…

1 Like

I think I’m just crazy :star_struck:

Oh yes, definitely! I don’t know why that happens but it does, I feel you!

1 Like

It happened to me once with WWII and that literally makes no sense :joy:

1 Like

Sometimes!

1 Like

The 70s… though I’m pretty sure it is because I was raised on nothing but prog and psychedelic rock

1 Like

Actually, the 90’s

1 Like

YEEES! All the time

Listening to music or watching movies about history

1 Like

This happens to me all the time, that’s why I’m always fascinated with anything vintage (fashion, places, movies, music, aesthetic, etc…). I honestly feel like I’m an old soul.

Mostly listening to old music and watching videos on Youtube about how life was like back in the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s. I won’t say that I want to live back in those eras. I just appreciate the fashion and music back then because they are much more better and much more glamorous compare to what we have right now. Hearing stories from older people also triggers my nostalgia, even though I wasn’t alive yet back in those days.

1 Like

YES OMG

I LISTENED TO SOME OLD SONGS WOAH I MEAN I REALLY REALLY LOVE THE VIBE OLD SONGS IN 60S 50S HAVE AND IDK WHY BUT I JUST FEEL NOSTALGIA OVER THEMMEEMEMEM
ALSO I HEARD ABOUT A TERM FOR THIS BUT I DONT REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS CALLEDHSJJD

1 Like

YES YES SAMEE BUT SOME ARE COMPLETELY NEW AND I HAVEN’T HEARD THEM BEFORE

NOOO WHERE’D YOU SEE IT

1 Like

IT WAS 3AM AND I JUST LIKE RANDOMLY STARTED LISTENING TO 50S SONGS AND THEN I GOT THAT FEELING AND I SEARCHED FOR IT- :cowboy_hat_face:
Maybe i heard it in a psych2go video idek :grinning:

1 Like

SOMETIMES I LISTEN TO OLD HINDI SONGS AND FEEL LIKE I’M BACK IN THE 1700s/1800s AND IM A PRINCESS (no this is not zuko, he’s already a prince :roll_eyes:)

2 Likes

I nEVER GET THAT FEELING WHEN I LISTEN TO OLD HINDI SONGS THO

2 Likes

WOAH EVERYTHING HAPPENS AT 3 AM

WAIT I’LL CHECK

1 Like

MAYBE NEW SONGS WHICH TELL ABOUT OLD TIMES??

2 Likes

OK THE TERM IS HAUNTOLOGY

I think

2 Likes

NO NOT EVNE THEM
JUST OLD SONGS SOME EVEN FRENCH OMG DID MY PAST LIFE WAS FRENCH PORSUN SMSMSMSM

2 Likes

I GOT NOSTALGIA FROM 2016 SONGS DID I LIVE IN 2016-

WAIT

1 Like