Notifications issue?

So when I first downloaded the browser app it use to give me notifications on my phone like the other apps. Now I have to go in manually into the app to see if I have any notifications. Is anyone else having this problem?

4 Likes

I have this problem as well. For some reason, I get notifications from the Episode Forums, but not from here :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yeah, I couldn’t episode forums to work either. I tried uninstalling to see if it would help but nothing.

3 Likes

I got it to work! At least for this one. I had to go into the phones notifications after I reinstalled. I turned them off then back on for the app. I also enable/disabled here on the app too a few times.

3 Likes

That’s really weird, that you need to reinstall and everything… Hmmm.

Maybe Discourse is having some issues lately, we don’t have our own app so that’s probably the case

2 Likes

Possibly? I noticed this like a month half ago that I wasn’t getting any notifications. It’s weird that is the only fix I could find. I’ve been looking at for most of the week to see what I could do.

2 Likes

We’ll see about getting our own standalone app in the future when we have monies, at the moment unfortunately we’re at the whims and mercy of the weird Discourse app.

I don’t get notifications either, I usually need to wait about five minutes for the Email notification to come through. It’s super weird

3 Likes

I have this, too! But it also happens with the Wattpad forums. Surprise surprise if it’s another Discourse issue

3 Likes

That would be a good idea. They are still appearing now. I just hope it doesn’t go away.

2 Likes

I woudn’t be surprised either. Discourse is so finicky at times.

2 Likes

It stopped notifying me again. Oh well. I’ll just keep checking it like I do now.

1 Like