Official Secret Santa Year 2 Holiday Event Thread!

@Caticorn here is your present plus a message from you’re Santa!

Hiiiiii Cati, this is the present I made for you. I wasn’t entirely sure what to add, so feel free to ask me to remove songs from the list if you don’t like them, or add songs you enjoy listening to. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, full of joy and happy thoughts, passed with the ones you love the most. :balloon::fireworks::sparkler::firecracker::sparkles::tada::confetti_ball::christmas_tree::gift::partying_face:

PS.: Credits to “Mike Hope” and “Zay Lacebal Official” on YouTube for ideas and inspiration regarding the songs. :))

6 Likes

@LiaMina here is your gift!

Another Day - Epilogue

Another day. Another long, boring day - well, there was one exception to today. It was Christmas Eve. And the anniversary of my parents death. Along with one other miniscule thing: today was the day I died.

Another Day

Now, I know what you’re thinking: if I’m dead, how am I writing this? To tell you the truth, I’m not sure. Shit, I’m not even sure I am dead. Whether this be purgatory, hell, heaven, Walmart, I really don’t know. I just know that I’m here. In a void. Sitting in a chair. In front of a desk. A desk that was standing on nothing, it was just pure black abyss. The desk had a computer on it. An old computer, the first computer I ever got actually. With clunky keys and a crappy mouse. A mouse that I swear had been out to get me since the day I got it because it never clicked on what I told it to click. But that’s not important right now. What’s important is that I’m dead. You didn’t forget that, right? Good, because that part’s pretty d*mn important.

It all started when I woke up - as everything does. I was in my bed, with my plain blue sheets, alone in my studio apartment. I was wearing my pyjamas - some stupid duck boxers and a grey t-shirt - when I stumbled out of bed. I wasn’t drunk, merely clumsy. My face felt oily so I went to the bathroom to wash it, and there was my reflection. Looking back at me with his dark brown eyes. They should have been filled with excitement. It was Christmas Eve, after all. The day where I got to have meaningless chit chat with my family while pretending everything was okay. That my brother wasn’t in rehab, that my parents hadn’t died the year prior, and that my sister hadn’t run off with some semi-hot lead singer named Dylan who was in an indie band called Fogborn - not Foghorn, Fogborn. It was named that because one of the band members had messed up spelling it when they were making their first flyers. Classy, I know. I was the youngest in this screwed up family. Parker, my 24-year-old brother, and Mandy, my 19-year-old sister, followed by me: Evan Brookes. I was 17, soon to be 18, still going to school. My aunt Jude always thought I had the most potential out of our screwed up trio. She would always tell me how I was going to be a lawyer, whether I wanted to be one or not.
Looking back at the pasty white caucasion male in the mirror, I was astounded at how much I looked like my father. Which was to say, I looked exactly like my father. Right down to the bags under my eyes, which were there permanently for some reason. I had long black hair that I often left uncombed and a small birthmark under my chin.
Despite the fact that it was Christmas Eve, I had a job to get to. I worked at Walmart, and you get paid double if you work on Christmas Eve. I needed to get a new dishwasher as the rats in my apartment had chewed through the wires in mine. As I was pulling on my blue vest with my yellow name tag, I caught a glimpse of my phone. I had two new notifications. One was from Aunt Jude, to be expected. She was making sure I’d be there for family dinner. The other from Mandy, my sister who I hadn’t talked to in months. She had texted to tell me about Fogborn’s gig tonight at an abandoned barn and how I should come see them play. I replied, telling her that I was going to the family dinner, that I had no idea where she was, and that I really couldn’t care less about Fogborn playing at a barn someone was probably murdered in. I confirmed with Jude that I’d be there, and headed outside.
I lived on the 5th story of an old building that was beyond unsanitary. I had to run to the bus stop because it was five minutes early. Who would’ve thought that a boomer who still had to work because he had made some bad investments would want to get to his break as soon as possible so he could fuel his nicotine addiction? Apparently not the people who hired him. “‘Morning Mark,” I said with a cheeky grin as I got on. He glared at me in return. “Geez, what happened to work etiquette?” I asked in a heavily sarcastic manner. He just kept glaring at me. Well, screw him. As I was sitting at the very back, I couldn’t help but notice we were going slower. Was Mark seriously taking time out of his smoking break to spite me? Of course he was. It was Mark. Between him and the mouse, I don’t know which caused me more pain.

Finally, after what seemed like ages, I arrived at work. Ah, good ol’ Walmart. The place that’s filled with annoying children and their annoying parents who let their children run wild. Don’t believe me? Head over to your closest Walmart. You’ll see that I’m right. Have you ever seen someone wearing boxers at Target? No, because people did whatever they wanted to at Walmart. Hell, I was a staff member and I’m not even sure if we had any other rules than “don’t steal anything.” I immediately went straight to the staff room, I still had 15 minutes before work started. I had learned early on to plan my schedule around Mark being in a bad mood and I wasn’t going to spend the 15 minutes of bliss I had hanging out with crazy people.
In case you’re wondering, those crazy people were my co-workers. You’d think that my fellow coworkers would hang out in the staff room, but they really just hung out on the roof. Meaning I had the staff room all to myself. My crazy co-workers really only consisted of three people. Johan, Ruth, and Jake. Johan and Jake were both annoying, they were always fighting with each other. Ruth wasn’t… terrible. At least not in public. But I had a feeling she was extremely passive aggressive. She just gave off those vibes. While I did hate most of my co-workers, there was one person there who I liked. I hadn’t talked to her much, but I did know her name was Sliver. The few occasions I had talked to her, we seemed to have a lot in common. She also seemed to despise Johan, Ruth, and Jake as much as I did.
I dropped my bag on the chair next to me as I collapsed in a chair, exhausted, when I heard a voice of gold - or rather the voice of Silver - ask me a question. “Is that… a purse?” I hadn’t noticed her when I walked in because she was reading a magazine that looked like… “Are you reading a One Direction magazine?” She quickly threw the magazine that, as I got a better look on the chair in front of me, definitely had Harry Styles on the cover with Zayn next to him. It must have been an old magazine. “Wh-what? No, no, of course not,” she was blushing furiously and looked away. I felt bad, I mean, everyone had their crushes. Much like I had my tiny crush on her. “Hey, I can’t blame you, Harry’s hair is amazing.” She looked back at me, her eyes large in excitement. Her cheeks were still a little pink. “You know who Harry Styles is?” She jumped into the seat in front of me, sitting on top of the magazine. She was wearing black combat boots, ripped black jeans with a studded belt, and a white button up underneath her Walmart vest. It suited her, the outfit, not her current attitude. “Well, yeah, who doesn’t?” I asked in a casual manner. She cocked her head, “Funny, I had no idea that Johan was right.”
“Right about what?”
“About you being gay.”
“Just because I know who Harry Styles is does not mean I’m gay.”
“You commented on his hair.”
“It’s not my fault his hair looks good!”
“See, to me that just doesn’t seem like a very straight thing to say.”
“Why, you-” she started laughing. I was becoming redder by the second, in fact, I was pretty sure I looked like a tomato.
“I’m kidding, you don’t think I’d actually believe Johan?”
I paused for a moment, which caused her to frown.
“Seriously, how little do you think of me? He’s mean. He’s probably just jealous.”
“Jealous of what?”
“The fact that you have a better taste in clothing than him.”
I was speechless and looked at her with a face of disbelief, which made her blush for a second. “You don’t have to look at me like that! It’s not like I complimented your hair or anything,” Silver replied, still blushing.
I started laughing, which turned her face an even darker shade of pink, until she caved and started laughing as well. It was a nice moment, like I had finally made a friend in this hellish landscape that was my job. Speaking of which, the intercom turned on, telling us that our shift had started.
“Well, I guess this is it fanboy, have a Merry Christmas,” Silver walked out of the room and I was left wondering when I’d see her again. In fact, even now that I’m arguably dead, I’m still left wondering when I’ll see her again.

Work passed by peacefully. So did the ride home, despite the death stares I received from Mark. I wasn’t looking forward to the Christmas dinner with my family. When I got home, I put on my fanciest suit, which was just a black shirt and dress pants with a royal blue tie. It made me look paler than I was, but I didn’t have anything else formal to wear.
Aunt Jude’s was only two miles away and I didn’t want to bother her, so I decided to walk. It was cold, dark, and there was slush everywhere. Slush that got in my worn out boots. Luckily, I had put on my only jacket.
It took for what seemed like an eternity, but I finally made it. Unlike most of my family, aunt Jude actually made a lot of money, which was exactly why she lived in a penthouse. She was a psychologist. When my parents died, she claimed that there wasn’t any room in her house. So she put me in my disgusting studio apartment. She was technically my legal guardian, I just lived in a different house. We had a deal, she paid for the apartment and I paid for everything else while I continued going to school. It was supposed to teach me some responsibility, which it did. I was also just very tired all of the time. I knocked on the door and was greeted with a hug. Of course it was Jude. It also appeared as though everyone else was already here.
“Evan, I’m so happy you could make it,” she let go of me and let Carl give me a strong handshake. “Good to see ya, son,” he paused awkwardly when he said this. He used to call me it all the time, back when my parents were alive. I knew he regretted it immediately after saying it, but I couldn’t help but say, “Last time I checked I was an orphan.” My dark humor really shined through sometimes. He let go of my hand and gave an awkward look to aunt Jude while I continued surveying the scene. My twin cousins were there: Cassie and Kate. They were 15. A very loud age and a rather gossipy age. Also, and maybe I was totally off, but I got the feeling they both liked me. Technically, they were Carl’s kids, not Jude’s, but it still creeped me out.
Moving on from the weird ass twins from Alabama, I also saw my Grandfather, Marcus Brookes the 1st. He had named my father after him, and, while this isn’t relevant to the story of my death, aunt Jude was my father’s sister.
My grandmother had died a few years prior so he was talking to my aunt Marge and her son, Cade. Marge had been my mother’s, Andy, sister.
I felt a hand on my shoulder, it was aunt Jude. The couple had recovered from the shock of my joke. “Evan, let’s not focus on such negative things.” She was just deflecting what had happened last year, much like she had been doing since it happened. “You’re here now,” she continued, “and that’s all that matters.” I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. Just because she thought Parker and Mandy were disappointments didn’t mean they were any less important. Maybe I should have gone to the barn rave instead. I mean, seriously, there was christmas jazz playing. Christmas jazz . This couldn’t have been a lamer party. The adults probably just didn’t realize because there was liquor. Liquor that I couldn’t drink because I wasn’t 18 yet. No, my birthday was a week from now, yet I still wouldn’t be allowed to drink any.
“You’re right, Jude. Will dinner be ready soon?” I asked in a polite manner.
“Oh, no. It won’t be done for another hour. Plenty of time for you to talk to your cousins.”
I gave an extremely forced smile, “Yay. I can’t wait to hear more about Cade’s new job.”
“Yes, I’ve heard it’s very exciting work. Cassie also got a new boyfriend recently, you should ask her about him.”
I wanted to throw a tantrum. I wanted to get on the floor and start pounding and screaming like a little child. Maybe it would obliterate the crush that the Alabama twins had on me. Maybe Aunt Jude would be so embarrassed that she’d kick me out and I wouldn’t have to sit through the next hours making pleasantries with a family I didn’t like while listening to Christmas jazz.
I took a deep breath. It was fine. You’ll be fine. I kept telling myself this. It was all going to be fine. It was only an hour. I can get through it. So that’s what I did. I walked over to Cassie and Kate and started talking to them about Cassie’s new boyfriend. His name was Jared, but apparently he lacked an edgy allure so the relationship probably wouldn’t last long. Kate got mad because she didn’t have a boyfriend and Cassie was ‘rubbing it in her face.’ They argued for a bit, then changed the topic to me and my very responsible job. They were both fascinated at how I had a job and still managed to have a B average. Kate suggested that I tutor her. She was failing 3 classes, which made Cassie angry and they got in another argument. Why couldn’t I have been born a week earlier? I could be pounding back vodka right now. Maybe then I’d be able to stand this event.
I was able to slip away and talk to Grandpa Marcus and Aunt Marge. They were talking about taxes and I could not care any less about it. Cade was my last chance and, lemme tell you, he did not disappoint. He had brought a crib board and I kicked his ass. It wasn’t hard, he was wasted. He could barely deal. Despite how easy it was, it got me through the next 30 minutes while I waited for dinner to be ready.
Finally, the moment came. Aunt Jude had made duck, roasted potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, salads, boiled carrots. Everything a Christmas dinner needed, and it all smelled delicious. Uncle Carl sat at the head of the table while I sat at the end.
I thought we could eat, so I started putting food on my plate, but I was interrupted by the sound of Grandpa’s spoon tapping on his cup. “I’d like to say a few words, if you’ll let me,” he spoke in his old voice and Jude leaned back. She was obviously worried about what he’d say.
“I know the past year has been difficult, for us all, as a family.” There was a look of horror on Aunt Jude’s face and she looked at me. I knew exactly where this was going, and I was excited for it. “While it’s been hard for us all, there’s one person in particular who has been through the most.” He looked at me, which was exactly what I had expected. “Mandy running off, Parker going to rehab, your parents…” he couldn’t even finish the last part. It was too painful for him. He had lost his son after all. “I can’t imagine how much pain you must have felt, today no less.” This was when Aunt Jude decided to step in.
“Dad, I hardly think that this is appropriate,” she spoke in a harsh voice as she stood up.
“How?” Grandpa asked.
“Because… well… uhm…” she couldn’t find a better excuse than me. “Because Evan has been through so much! Do you think he wants to be reminded of this?”
“It’s not good to pretend it didn’t happen!”
“That’s not true! It’s perfectly healthy. The boy practically has PTSD!” That was the moment when I decided to stand up, which caused the whole table to shut up.
“I do not have PTSD. In fact, I think I’ve taken this entire thing better than you have, Jude. Just because you don’t want to face reality does not mean that the rest of us can’t. It doesn’t change the fact that Mandy’s AWOL, Parker’s in rehab, or the fact that Andy and Marcus are dead.” She let out a gasp.
“How dare you speak of your parents that way!” Grandpa sat back down and everyone stayed silent. This had been an argument long coming, it didn’t help that Jude was drunk.
“It’s time to face the facts! It’s been a year, they aren’t coming back! You can stay there, wrapped up in your cocoon of ignorance if that’s what you want, but you can not imprison the rest of us with you.”
She was shocked. I think she was expecting me to sit back down and be an obedient child, just like I had done for the past year. Not anymore. “You… you… How dare you!”
“You already said that.”
She was so angry. Mainly because she couldn’t defend the fact that she had been ignoring everything wrong in her perfect world.
“You sit here, in your penthouse, and you discard everything that doesn’t fit into your perfectly fabricated world! Just like you discarded me and my father.”
“I did not discard your father!”
“Yes you did! You can’t even say his name. So here, I’ll do it for you, Marcus. Marcus, Marcus, Marcus.”
Her lip was quivering. She was about to cry. She knew that she had been doing it. I almost felt bad. I wanted to, yet I just couldn’t bring myself to feel sorry for her. Even now. She had been using me as a shield for her ignorance for the past year. Claiming it was for my own protection. I had no problem accepting my parent’s death.
We all stayed silent, not sure what to do, when a knock came at the door. As far as I knew, everyone was already here. Everyone was too scared to stand up. I could only imagine how intimidating I looked right now based on the way that people were looking at me. I had even scared my 6’4” Uncle Carl into staying quiet. I went over to the door and opened it. I was left in shock for a moment. What was…
“BROTHER!” Parker gave me a tight bear hug and wouldn’t let go. I looked for help at the table with everyone there, but they were all as shocked as I was. Parker was supposed to be in rehab.
“Wow,” based on the way they were looking at me, I wasn’t gonna get any help from my family so I guess it was my job to deal with him, “Parker, I’m surprised to see ya. How did you… What are you doing here?”
“Well, it’s Christmas, duh!” He let me go and looked around the room, noticing the half empty vodka bottle on the table. “Perfect!” He nearly ran to it and started chugging it. I walked over to him and took the bottle out of his hand, which caused him to look at me. “Aren’t you a little young to be drinking?” He asked me, then winked at me, “don’t worry, I won’t tell mom and dad.”
That was when I realized what was going on: Parker was mentally ill. He still believed our parents were alive, despite being the first of my siblings to hear the news. “Shouldn’t you be in rehab…?” I asked tentatively.
He looked me straight in the eyes and said one word. One word that absolutely destroyed my heart: “Why?” My brother had absolutely no idea what we had done to him. “I’m not an alcoholic.” Wait, no, he did know that we had sent him to rehab, he was just in denial about being an alcoholic. It still hurt, but it hurt a little less.
“Parker…” he kept pawing at the bottle in my hand. I didn’t know what to do. I handed him the bottle and walked over to Uncle Carl, whispering, “Can you drive him back.”
He shook his head, “I had too much to drink. I’m afraid I can’t. You can drive my car, though.” I closed my eyes and resisted the urge to yell. It wasn’t his fault Parker was here. It was kind of his fault that he had drank, though. I took one more deep breath, this was going to be a rough night. I walked back over to Parker, who was currently raiding the pantry looking for more alcohol. He turned to me, “Evan, I think you’re out of booze.”
“Y-yeah, we are. So I’m gonna go get some more. Will you come with me?”
“Awesome! ‘Course I’ll go!” He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, “You were always my favorite brother.” I could smell the alcohol on his breath, but I pretended to not notice.
“I’m your only brother,” I reminded him, giving a fake laugh.
“Oh yeah,” he started laughing, too. For a really long time. I grabbed the keys from the key rack and led Parker outside. I forgot to grab my jacket so I was properly freezing while my brother started picking up the wet slush and trying to make snowballs. People were giving us funny looks. “Parker, come on, everyone’s waiting on us,” I lied. He dropped the snowball and got in Carl’s Tesla. That’s right, he had a Tesla. Yet they couldn’t afford to put me in an apartment that didn’t have rats and cockroaches.
I started driving and Parker was tapping his foot on the ground. The radio was off because I could barely concentrate as it was, let alone with music. Everything was going smoothly until I drove past the liquor store. I hadn’t realized it until now, but the rehab center was out of town. There was an entire forest between me and that stupid center that I’d have to drive through before I could force my brother into going back to the hell hole he escaped from.
“Evan, you missed the liquor store.” Parker reminded me. I stayed silent, then he tugged on my shirt. I had to come up with a quick excuse so I said, “Uh, yeah, that place overcharges.”
“Oh.”
He stayed quiet and went back to tapping his foot. Then we passed another liquor store, which caught my brother’s attention. “What’s wrong with that one?” He asked, I knew he was about to figure it out. And when he did, I would be screwed. “It… the one I’m going to has a really hot desk worker.”
“Which one is that?”
“Erm…” we were so close to the forest. After that I’d only have to make it another 5 miles. “It’s called… Pine Liquor.” That seemed to subdue his suspicion. Then we made it into the forest. I started speeding. Parker stopped tapping his foot as a look of realization came over his face.
“We’re not going to a liquor store, are we?”
I pressed my foot on the gas before I responded, “Of course we are. Where else would we be going?” My voice was quivering.
“Well, it’s just, this forest reminds me a lot of the one that’s before the rehab center.”
I kept my eyes on the road. I didn’t know what to say.
“I’m not going back there,” he spoke in a low voice. The kind of voice someone speaks in before doing something stupid. “You can’t make me. I’m a grown man! And I’m NOT an alcoholic.”
I sped up a little more and continued driving.
“Evan, I don’t care what help you think I need, YOU’RE WRONG!”
I took one of my hands off the wheel and covered my mouth. He was my brother, and despite knowing he needed help, I still felt like I was betraying him.
“Evan, stop the car.”
I didn’t.
“Evan. Stop. The. Freaking. Car.”
There were tears in my eyes, “I’m sorry.”
“Evan, no, you can’t do this to me. I’m your brother!”
“I’m so sorry.”
“I’M NOT GOING BACK THERE,” he screamed at me. He kept screaming random jumbles of words and profanity, even kicking the dashboard. I just kept driving, it was only two more miles. I could make it. Until I couldn’t. Parker had unbuckled himself and grabbed the steering wheel. All I could do was watch as my brother pulled the steering wheel towards him, crashing the tesla into a tree.
And that’s how I got here. In this empty void. My brother killed me. You know, it was ironic. Both me and my father had died from alcohol; him from being drunk and me from my alcoholic brother. Here I was, balling my eyes out. Maybe my parents death had hurt me more than I initially thought. Or maybe it was the fact that I let down Parker. Or maybe because I was just a selfish human being. A selfish human being that didn’t want to be dead. No, right now I wanted to be alone. Which I was, technically. But I wanted to be alone in the real world. Not whatever purgatory hell this was. No, I have to get out of here.

I stood up from the chair, my legs had fallen asleep. It didn’t stop me from screaming, though. “HEY! I don’t know if you have cared to notice, but I’m kind of dead and would like to stop being dead!”
I was screaming at nothing. Literally nothing. I was just hoping something was going to respond.
“I have people back on Earth that care about me!”
Then I thought about it for a second. Who? Who cared about me? It felt like the question was echoing all around me. I didn’t have an answer. And that made me want to break down. But I didn’t. I started thinking. Until I got it. The one person that I could think of that genuinely cared about me.
“Mandy,” Mandy had been there for me through the entire thing. She even invited me to a concert knowing that I would say no, but she did it because she loved me. She wanted me to have options. I was realizing it now, that was her way of inviting me for Christmas Dinner.
“MANDY CARES!” I screamed. I continued screaming at nothing. Then there was a small white light in the distance. I don’t know what it was, but I sure as hell wasn’t going anywhere towards it. So I started sprinting in the opposite direction. It wasn’t fun. I was not an exercising person. Yet I kept sprinting. My lungs felt like they were going to explode, but I kept sprinting. Sprinting until I saw… green? No, seriously, what was that? It looked like a very dark green in the very far away distance. I kept sprinting towards it. It must have been a way to get out of here. Okay, I was hoping it was a way to get out.
As I got closer, I saw it wasn’t just dark green, it was trees. Pine trees. With a black Tesla crashed into one of them. I was running towards the crash site. I was so close to hitting proper ground and not just the invisible barrier that kept me standing.
I made it into the landscape of my crash site, except I didn’t hit the ground, I woke up in my body. My beautiful body. My beautiful body that was currently face first in an airbag, with my brother getting out of the car right next to me. He somehow survived the accident. He was limping away. Away from my seemingly dead body. How could he? I had a sudden rush of adrenaline, clawing my way to his side of the car and climbing out through his door. I could feel something on my forehead, something I could only assume was blood. It felt like my arm was broken as well. Despite my injuries, Parker was a lot more injured. His leg was disfigured and I was surprised at the fact that he could walk. Luckily, I didn’t have any leg injuries, it was just my arm that felt like it was on fire. I kept on walking and he looked back at me. He didn’t say anything, he just started walking faster. Once I got closer, I was able to pick up some speed and tackle him. He had landed at an awkward angle because he had turned around to look at me right before I tackled him. I was sitting on his side, which was not very comfortable.
“E-E-Evan? How are you still alive?”
“I don’t know, you ass, does that mean you expected me to be dead?”
“Wha- no, of course not. I… LOOK, you can’t take me back there! It was torture.”
Excuse me? ” He just tried to kill me and all he cared about was himself? Parker was silent for a moment, he didn’t want to even try and he could tell by the tone of my voice that I was ready to kill someone myself.
“They keep you in these uncomfortable clothes, the people there are all maniacs, you have to attend meetings, and worst of all, they don’t give you any alcohol!”
“Ohh, you have vastly overestimated how much I care.”
There was a look of horror on his face as I took out my phone - it had a huge crack on the screen but was still usable - and called the police, explaining everything that had happened. I wanted to punch him, so much, but I couldn’t. He probably had a concussion and the last thing I wanted was for him to die. Parker deserved to be in rehab. He stayed silent as I talked to the police and didn’t try to run away.
So we waited. We waited for the cops to show up. We waited in the backseat of the ambulance that was required to take us to the hospital to make sure we were all right. And I waited for Mandy to come pick me up, my only family member that picked up my call. She was also my only family member that hadn’t had any alcohol that night. Turns out there was a snowstorm and Fogborn couldn’t make it to the barn. It took her awhile to get to the hospital, but she made it. And I hugged her the second I saw her. It was a little weird because my arm was in a cast. I was right about it being broken. At first she was surprised by my hug, but she didn’t push me away. We just stayed like that, in perfect bliss. That is, until we were asked to leave. Parker was taken to the rehab center and I invited Mandy to stay the night at my place. She accepted and slept on the couch. When we woke up on Christmas morning, we talked for a really long time. Turns out, Dylan was actually a good guy. Mandy had also become the lead female singer for Fogborn, an accomplishment that she was really proud of. I was proud for her, too.
We made plans for me to join her and Fogborn after I graduated, which would be in a year and a half. I didn’t play any instruments, we simply agreed that it would be nice for us to be together. We also agreed that she would be joining the next Christmas dinner with Dylan. Just because I hated my family didn’t mean that I should ignore them. Mandy and I hung out the entire day, going to arcades and doing some last last minute Christmas shopping for each other.
I was sad to see her go that night. She had to get back to the band, and I had my own plans. I had bit the bullet and phoned my boss, asking if I could have Silver’s number. Of course, my boss being a hard headed idiot gave it to me and I asked Silver out. She actually immediately said yes, and we had a great time having dinner together. We even made plans for a second date.
I’m actually writing this after my date with Silver. On my own computer. A computer that has a decent mouse. In my own studio apartment infested with bugs and vermin. In summary to my past few days, I died, got a sibling back, and maybe got a girlfriend… I have to admit, dying was a lot more boring than I thought it would be. That doesn’t matter, though. What matters is that I made it. Which meant I had a whole other day to continue making my life better. Maybe I could even apologize to Aunt Jude. After all, I did have another day.

8 Likes

@LHT here are your gifts!

Christmas Memes

Christmas

https://www.canva.com/design/DAEOmBnO0l0/pzlFwkM3N1Ps0g2uT-wEVw/view?utm_content=DAEOmBnO0l0&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=publishsharelink

https://www.canva.com/design/DAEOl3xlXrc/wjOxK_qe3p7aCssEZD48kw/view?utm_content=DAEOl3xlXrc&utm_campaign=designshare&utm_medium=link&utm_source=publishsharelink

Christmas Playlist

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkq5g70A-IBSG2pDgz_-aV96T8u39J0hd

5 Likes

WAIT OMG THIS IS SO CUTE I LOVE IT SO MUCH AHHHH :heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse:

4 Likes

@Meekepeek

Full Version

Greenstead was a large city, though this largeness was in its size and not its population. Its boundaries stretched far, swallowing many of the nearby landscapes. But despite this, Greenstead historically had a low population. With the construction of multiple skyscrapers and high-rise apartments in downtown Greenstead, this urban part of the city finally began attracting more people. Western Royal Woods, the metropolitan part of Greenstead, was home to over a hundred thousand people, one of which was Meeke Andreas, a young, pretty, blonde lady who lived in the Loftsville apartments with her best friend and roommate, Sumana.

Apartment 1467 was a two-bedroom loft, small and affordable, but its nicely decorated interior made it seem a lot more expensive than it was. The door opens to reveal the small living room and the kitchen. A two-piece gray couch was pushed up against the far corner, a fluffy yellow blanket draped across the end piece. In front of it was a modest TV, propped up on a black stand. At the edge of the stand, there was a framed photograph of the two of them. It featured a laughing Meeke and Sumana, their cheeks pressed against each other’s with Meeke’s arm outreached to take the selfie. The walls were decorated with a few other pictures of the pair, as well as several framed pictures of Sumana posing with varying members of many K-Pop groups.

Their kitchen was on the other side of the space, the wall lined with white quartz countertops and pale gray cabinets. There was an island barstool counter across from the stove, and tucked underneath it were a pair of yellow barstools with backrests. Meeke was sitting in one of these chairs now, her laptop open on the countertop. You could see an unfinished reply for a roleplay opened up, a sentence left incomplete. A mug of coffee sat on the table, having cooled down long ago, yet Meeke kept nursing it ever so often. Her gaze kept flicking to the door to their apartment, which remained closed. Sumana was late to come back from the part-time job she had after her university classes, and she hadn’t shot Meeke a text to let her know when she’d be coming back. Meeke wasn’t someone who needed constant social interaction to be happy, but Sumana wasn’t just a person… she was more than that, her other half.

They’d been friends for a long time—Meeke could hardly remember her life when Sumana wasn’t there. She loved their friendship more than anything, but recently she’d been dreaming of having something more with her. They were forum married, but that was simply on the forums—it didn’t translate into real life, even though they jokingly called each other wifey sometimes. She wasn’t sure if it was just a random future possibility that she kept thinking of or something that she actively wanted to make happen, and she didn’t know if she was willing to take the risk to explore it. Things were good the way they were right now; would it be worth it to risk it for a little something more than this?

The door slammed open and Meeke was jolted from her thoughts, her head turning at the movement to watch Sumana come in. The brown-skinned girl with dark hair threw her bag onto the floor, flashing Meeke a smile. “Hey butterfly,” she called, setting a plastic cup onto the island. She greeted Meeke with a hug, before taking a seat next to her. “Sorry for being late, Sehun took me to go see this fortune-teller who totally freaked him out.” She laughed at herself, her warm brown eyes sparkling. “That’s so cool, saying Sehun so casually like that.”

Meeke laughed too, nodding. “You weren’t always friends with a celebrity, you know.”

Sumana worked in Korea with the K-Pop group, EXO, as an intern for the band, some months ago. She left such a lasting impression on Sehun and the rest of the members of the band that they decided to do a special tour in the city of Greenstead, with Sumana working a temporary part-time position in management for the band. It was one of the coolest things she’d ever gotten to experience, and Meeke loved how happy it all made her.

“I knowww, but it’s easy to forget that,” Sumana remarked, smirking. Meeke smiled, and then her eyes fell on Sumana’s arm, which had a spot in which it looked like a patch of skin had been rubbed off. It was all red and tender and it looked pretty painful. Meeke caught her arm, bringing it up to her viewpoint. “What happened here?” She asked, frowning.

Sumana glanced at it briefly, before shrugging and removing her arm from Meeke’s grip. “I just scratched it, no big deal.” She folded her sleeve over it, and that was the end of it.

“Anyway, so, Sehun.” Sumana began, “He took me to this spooky ass fortune teller, right? And wow, Meeke–’’ Sumana gripped Meeke’s forearm, meeting her eyes with a startling intensity, “—it was creepy as sh*t. It was like she saw into my soul.”

Meeke blinked, her attention flicking back to her computer screen where she still needed to complete the reply for her character.

“So she gave me this to drink,” Sumana continued, moving the plastic cup into Meeke’s view, “said I should share it with you. Said it will change our lives.”

Meeke’s gaze skipped back over to Sumana, giving her a look. “Don’t tell me you’re actually thinking of drinking some crap you got from a stranger.”

“Okay, but she’s not a stranger. Not really. Meeke, she’s basically family.”

“What-” Meeke scoffed, shaking her head. “Sumana, if this fortune teller jumped off a cliff, would you too?”

She paused. “Is Sehun too? ‘Cause then yeah. Without a doubt.”

“Sumana-” Meeke laughed, sighing.

“Okay, but we need to drink it, butterfly. This could be great!!”

“Or, and more likely, it could kill us.”

Sumana sighed dramatically. “Meeeeke, come on, I don’t understand why you don’t—” As she gestured widely, she knocked over the cup, the purple liquid spilling onto Meeke’s laptop. The laptop sparked, causing Meeke to yelp in shock, before it went completely dark. Meeke frantically pressed the power button several times, but the computer didn’t respond.

She turned slowly to Sumana, whose eyes were wide in shock. “Oh, wow, Meeke, I am so sorry,” she started, hopping off of the barstool. She grabbed the dishrag that was laying on the kitchen counter, trying in vain to mop up the liquid spilled on the laptop. Her actions grew frantic, trying to revive Meeke’s laptop, until Meeke laid her hand on top of Sumana’s, stopping her movement.

“Sumana, it’s fine.” Meeke gave her a small smile. “Whatever.”

“It’s very obviously not fine—woah, what’s happening to your laptop?”

“Hm?” Her gaze dropped back to her computer, shifting off of Sumana’s face. The previously inoperable MacBook was now glowing purple—and it wasn’t just the screen. Purple light emitted from behind the keys and the trackpad. Every crevice and crack in the laptop had a violet aura glowing from it. Meeke gaped, hopping off of the barstool she’d been sitting on and taking an instinctive step back. The laptop began to hum, the sound causing the mug on the island to vibrate slightly.

“Meeke?” Sumana asked softly, her shoulder pressed against her friend’s. “What the f^ck is happening?”

“I don’t know!” She whispered back, warily watching her laptop as the noise it was making began to increase in volume. “What was in that drink?!”

“Magic stuff, I guess?”

“THIS is exactly why I said don’t drink stuff from strangers!”

“I didn’t drink it though, your laptop did! And you couldn’t’ve seen this coming!” Sumana stared at the laptop, a determined look passing over her face. Before Meeke could utter anything about not being stupid, Sumana marched over to the laptop, took it off the counter and then threw it on the ground, stomping on it until the light faded and it grew quiet.

The two of them stared at the mess of a laptop, both shocked beyond words. “I think Satan is gone from your laptop now,” Sumana quipped, looking up at Meeke. Meeke snorted, shaking her head, which caused Sumana to start giggling. Soon, the two of them were both laughing hysterically, unable to stop.

That is, until the laptop roared up again, the purple light back and the noise much louder than it had ever been before. Their maniacal laughter quieted, and their attention was drawn back to the freaky laptop. As Sumana tried to step off of the laptop, she realized she quite literally couldn’t; it was like her foot was stuck to the laptop screen. “Uhhh, Meeke? I think I’m stuck.”

“What do you mean you’re stuck?” She stepped to where Sumana stood, yanking her by the arm to try and get her off, but she didn’t budge. Instead, her foot fell into the laptop, as if the laptop was some kind of hole, instead of being a, you know, laptop.

Sumana looked down at her foot, which had now disappeared into the pit of the laptop, yelping. “Meeke???”

“Uh-” Meeke was shocked. She didn’t anticipate this turn of events. As she hesitated, though, Sumana’s foot slipped further into the laptop’s clutch. This sent her into motion, and she grabbed Sumana’s arms, trying again to pull her away from the laptop’s pull. This action failed. resulting in the two of them lying on a heap on the floor, with Sumana’s other leg being sucked into the laptop. Meeke scrambled to grab onto Sumana once again, holding onto her outstretched hands.

When Sumana tried to stand up, she realized with a start that the more she struggled, the quicker she sunk through this imaginary quicksand. She was holding onto Meeke still, but now as she looked back at Meeke, she realized she wasn’t going to get out of this. “Meeke-”

“No, you’re getting out of there!” Meeke insisted, not having to listen to Sumana finish that sentence to know what she was going to say. “You’re not going to be sucked into my laptop, Mana!”

Sumana’s lips twisted into a smile. Even in a situation like this, that was still a funny thing to hear her say. The laptop pulled fiercely again, and now Sumana was shoulder deep. Meeke gasped, her grip on Sumana tightening even as Sumana’s loosened slightly. “Butterfly, it’s okay. I’ll get out of there, I swear on Sehun.”

Meeke frowned and didn’t let go of Sumana, even as she sunk further down and Meeke’s hands drew dangerously close to the purple screen. “I’m not just leaving you.”

“I told you I’ll get out of there!” Sumana rolled her eyes, raising her brows at her long-time friend. “What, do you want me to swear on all my husbands? Fine, I swear on Sehun, Chanyeol, Taehyung, Baekhyun, Suga—” She would’ve continued, but then with a final grand suck from the laptop, Sumana’s grip was torn from Meeke’s and she fell through the laptop screen.

Meeke cried out, hesitating for no longer than a second before she dived in after Sumana.

The two of them gone, the laptop became silent and the light blinked off, looking like a normal, broken laptop on the hardwood floor.

:purple_heart: ::sparkles:

Meeke was falling, her body crashing through the open air. Her arms were flailing, reaching out around her to try and slow her rapid descent, but her hands caught nothing but more air. It seemed like she had been falling for several minutes, but suddenly, she slammed into the ground. She groaned, her entire body aching. But at least she was alive. She wasn’t sure how, as a fall from that height seemed like something that should’ve killed her, but then again, laptops also weren’t supposed to suck you into them. “Sumana?” She called out, as her friend wasn’t there when she landed. No response.

She sighed, sitting back onto her news to take in her surroundings. She was in what looked like a wide, dark, hallway. The walls on either side of her were more or less 100 metres from where she sat on the black floor. The walls themselves were black as well, though the trimming that ran along the bottom was purple in colour. The wall to her left had doors every few metres along it, and each of the door’s frames were outlined in colours in the sequence of a rainbow. The wall to her right appeared to be a screen or something. Meeke’s eyes turned to look at it, and she saw her profile there, her profile picture the drawing she’d made of her and Sumana, her bio… And the ring around her profile picture glowed the cyan it did when she was active on the forums… Was that where she was, in the forums?

Suddenly, she was moving, though not of her own volition. It was like she was on a treadmill, the floor moving beneath her even as she herself stayed still. Meeke watched the doors fly past her until she was in front of a lime green door, the heading above the door reading “Roleplays and Games.” It opened, and she was pushed inside, revealing a room filled with several different archways in varying shades of green. She was moved through one before she saw its name, and the words blurred as she flew past them.

Meeke stopped abruptly, in front of a scene playing out in front of her. A girl who looked to be at least part fox and a guy who was some sort of dragon breed were standing in some fancy garden, with many other people around them, though not involved in the conversation the two of them were having. Even with all these familiar details, Meeke didn’t make the connection until she tuned in to what the guy was saying.

“… Now we just have our Marks. There is the most powerful Mark, the Mark of Claws, that lets the bearer change into dragon form, but there is usually only one every generation or so,” he said, appearing to have just finished giving her a huge dump of information. A voice, faint, and appearing to be bodiless, spoke immediately after Dragon Boy finished, confirming the conclusion Meeke had been coming to. He finished, wondering if he had said too much. It was a lot, but he had to correct her error.

This was the ShanniiWrites Forums, and this roleplay, Realms of Westeria, had been the one she had been responding to before Sumana had killed her laptop with her weird fortune-teller juice. The guy was Cassander A…something and the girl was her own character, Charlia. The scene was frozen now, but when she walked over and tapped on the fox girl, the part she had started writing began to play.

First, the narrator in first-person: I grinned as he told about his people and sighed.

Then the dialogue she’d begun floated as words from Charlia’s lips: “I remember my late parents tell me about when they were young and dragons would be ruling the skies.” It continued like this, the two voices working in tandem to demonstrate the scene she’d created back in her apartment.

Charlia continued on. “My mom even met one when she was my age, one that wasn’t able to turn into humanoid yet. He was injured after battling for a part of the land and lost. She told me he had sapphire scales and he was an older dragon. He was defeated by a younger dragon of a new generation of which they understood the capabilities of dragon powers more. My kind gets very old and we are only able to… extend our numbers between our 1000th and 1050th life years. So when she met him, it was—” She stopped suddenly, and Meeke recognized this spot as the part where she’d stopped at.

“Cool,” she murmured, stepping around the scene. It didn’t look like the characters could do anything other than what was written, and so if she was going to find Sumana, they were useless to her. She moved through an archway, this one dark green, though she didn’t stop to read the words posted above them. In this room, there were a bunch of locked cages… most of them with people inside. Unlike the past room, the conversation seemed to be more impromptu and wild. The volume level was pretty high, and so Meeke didn’t hear anyone calling her name at first.

“MEEKE!” The voice cut through all the noise finally, and Meeke turned to look for the source. Unlike her previous character, she recognized this one almost immediately.

A soft, wondering smile settled over her face. “Regan?”

The woman, Regan, nodded, a smile stretching across her face. She pressed herself against the bars as Meeke approached, grabbing hold of her forearms. “Yeah, hey Meeke.” Regan was a twenty-year-old blonde woman she had made for the Greenstead RP. Yes, named after the city she lived in. It was a slice of life RP and the RP owner had decided to base it on the lovely city of Greenstead. When she and Sumana had first joined the RP in June, neither of them lived in Greenstead, or even together. It was mid-RP that they both decided to pack up their things and get an apartment together in Greenstead, America. Both their families thought the two of them were crazy, but Meeke and Sumana never looked back.

The memory made Meeke smile briefly. Then her brows furrowed, her gaze dancing across the enclosure Regan was in. “What- what are you doing in here?”

“Well, the RP closed, remember? It was after I was kidnapped by Philip and then Loraine came after me.” An involuntary smile flickered on Regan’s lips at the mention of Loraine, one that Meeke caught.

She smiled too, looking down for a brief moment before meeting Regan’s gaze again. “Yeah, I remember that. It closed right in the middle of that kidnapping scene… Not that surprising ‘cause us two were the only ones posting, but agh, I was so excited to write that with Sumana.” Meeke paused, giving Regan a curious look. “How did that end for you and Lor?”

Regan shrugged. “It’s a blur, honestly. But Lor and I… we’re happy.”

Meeke smiled, squeezing Regan’s arm through the bar. “Good, you two deserve it.”

“You really put me through a lot of sh-t though, hm?” Regan remarked, rolling her eyes at her.

Meeke laughed. “It all worked out though didn’t it? You two ended up together because of your crappy pasts.”

She smiled, fiddling with the ring on her finger. “Yeah, that’s true.”

Lorraine emerged from the shadows, throwing his arm around Regan and holding her close to him. “I was looking for you, butterfly,” he murmured into her ear, kissing her softly on her forehead. Meeke regarded the two with a smile, her memory flicking to Sumana again, as butterfly was something that she called Meeke too. Lorraine was a fair-skinned guy with piercing blue eyes and thick brown hair. You could see easily how enamoured of her he was.

His gaze moved off of Regan and onto Meeke, whom he greeted with a brief nod. “Meeke, right?”

She nodded back, giving him a smile. “Hey Loraine.”

“Where’s your partner in crime? Literally.” He commented dryly. She wondered briefly if he held any malice towards her and/or Sumana for all of the fun stuff they put him and his fiance through.

“I’m not sure…” She looked towards Loraine, throwing a questioning look his way. “She’s your creator and all… do you know where she is?”

“Hm…” He thought for a second, closing his eyes as if to sense where Sumana was. His eyes fluttered open after a brief moment. “She’s here, but not sure where exactly. Check out her profile, and you’ll be able to see her latest activity.”

Meeke nodded, casting a smile at the pair. “Thanks, you guys. It was nice seeing you.”

“And you,” Regan returned. “Those were some good times, huh?

“Not really for you,” she said, laughing. “But for Sumana and I? Hell yeah.”

Meeke took off after that, stepping back onto the treadmill/floor thing, though this time it didn’t move. Instead, she had to actually walk out of there herself. It was several minutes later in which she ended up back at the spot where she first landed, facing the wall with her profile on it. Meeke walked over to it, her eyes dancing over the wall. After a brief hesitation, she reached out to touch the ShanniiWrites logo, and to her surprise, the Meekepeek profile clicked off, showing the home screen of the forums that she would see on her laptop. The online bar was at the top left corner, so she clicked on it to expand it. It was easy for her to find Sumana’s pic of Sehun, so she tapped it and then the profile opened up. Switching to the activity tab, she saw that her last activity was in their wedding thread. With a warm smile, Meeke tapped on the link to the thread, but while if she were on her laptop the screen would’ve changed, in this world, the treadmill/floor thing she was on started moving her again.

She moved past the doors until she was in front of a yellow-green door that read General Chat. The door swung open and she was pulled through it, maneuvering through the archways until she landed in the room that she and Sumana got married in. She saw herself, in her white, ruffled wedding dress standing in front of Sumana in her gorgeous red ball gown, their bridesmaids gathered around them with Spes officiating and of course the various spectators who came to witness their union.

Meeke watched for a moment, getting to see the memory played live in front of her. Remembering that she was still looking for Sumana, she pulled her attention away from the wedding, scanning the area around it. She cupped her hands around her mouth, calling out Sumana’s name every few seconds with no response.

It was possible that Sumana wasn’t in this thread anymore, and that she had already moved on, but Meeke was holding on to hope that she was still waiting for her. That she wasn’t as far away as she felt. Her heart squeezed with every step, her eyes looking every which way, trying to find the girl that was out of place, here.

Meeke was beginning to lose hope, beginning to think that maybe she should go back to the front and look at her friend’s profile again when she caught a glimpse of her. Off to the side, leaning against a pole, arms crossed and watching the wedding take place with a bittersweet expression. A smile stretched across her face, and she took off towards her, arms open and wide. “Sumana!”

Sumana turned at her name, seeing Meeke approaching her and she smiled too, letting out a choked gasp. Sumana opened her arms and caught Meeke in a tight hug, the two of them laughing in disbelief. Sumana stepped back, holding Meeke’s shoulders as she searched her expression. “Meeke what- how did you get here? Don’t tell me—”

“I jumped in after you,” she said, a sheepish smile crawling across her lips. “You really think I was just going to let you go like that?”

Sumana rolled her eyes, but Meeke could see how happy she was that Meeke had decided to go after her herself, instead of leaving Sumana here to figure out how to get back alone. “And you were the one telling me not to jump off a cliff if my friend did!”

“Well you’re more than my friend Sumana,” she said softly, looking into her warm brown eyes. “You’re my person, my other half.”

“Butterfly…” Sumana murmured, searching her face.

“And so yeah, I would jump off a cliff if you did,” Meeke continued. “If my laptop sucked you into it, of course I would jump into it too…” Her eyes flicked to the wedding that was happening, and she turned slightly, a nostalgic smile stretching across her face as she watched. “Do you remember this, getting married?”

“Of course, wifey.” Sumana turned with her, her eyes returning to the scene. “It was the best days of my life.”

Meeke glanced at Sumana briefly, smiling to herself. Their hands were at their sides now, but when Meeke knocked her fingers against Sumana’s, the girl was quick to catch her fingers and intertwine them with her own. They watched as the past versions of themselves grabbed hold of each other’s hands too, looking into each other’s eyes as Spes told them to begin saying their vows.

“OhSumana,” the past, Meekepeek version of her began. “I’ve met you over a year ago. At first we were in the same rp, but didn’t talk. Then one day, we decided to let our characters meet, and the almighty tile did it’s work, not only for them, but for us too. It was the start of a chemistry I didn’t have with anyone else and maybe will never have with someone again. Ever since that day, we’ve talked almost every day. You’re the first person I talk to when I wake up and you’re now a part of my morning routine. It’s not just during the rp’s that we’ve been becoming close. Outside we’ve started to open up, we’re there for each other when things are rough on end of the screen and we’re sure we have a friend ready to cheer us up. I’ve never had a online friend before, and you were one of my first, but by far the closest I will ever have. I truly love you, and I am very grateful you’re now part of my life. I can’t wait to continue our time together as Friends, Sisters and Wives.

“I promise you’ll always have someone by your side to help you through the tough times, share your joy and pushes you as much as I possibly can without having to fly to the other side of the world.” As Meekepeek finished the vows she had created, a chorus of awws went up from the crowd, everyone moved from her words. Meeke had meant them then and she still meant them now, which she confirmed to Sumana by squeezing her hand.

The mic was then passed to the past OhSumana, who had also written her vows. “Trusting someone whom you’ve never talked to or never met before, someone who is sitting on the opposite side of the screen maybe or maybe not lying to you about everything, isn’t easy. But you did it and I’m glad you did. You opened up and let me do the same without even re-thinking our decisions. You were always there when I was stressed, sad or happy. You always listened to me when I rant or when I talked simply crazily. I promise to be a good-listener to you too, even though I might not be the best advisor, I will listen and never judge you. You don’t know but you’ve inspired me, motivated me and encouraged me in many ways. I feel at ease when I talk to you, and I can never thank you enough for everything you did. As your wife and friend, I promise to always put my trust in you, to support you and be there for you in all possible situations, to always listen to you and help as much as possible for me. I promise you that I’ll try to make you smile whenever you’re feeling down with my crazy mood or Loraine’s romantic posts. And Blade also promises you never to plan your murder and to whoop any person’s @ss who will try to hurt or irritate you.”

Meeke laughed slightly, then giggled more at the cheesy grin on Sumana’s face. They watched for a few moments more as they exchanged rings after BadassSaasha presented them. Meeke got to see the way OhSumana’s face lit up at the sight of the beautiful red jewel she’d chosen for her, and it warmed her heart to see how content she looked there.

“That was a beautiful ring,” Sumana mused, glancing at Meeke.

She smiled, leaning against her friend. “The one you gave me was amazing too.”

Sumana nodded, watching the wedding for a few seconds more. Meeke watched her watch the wedding, and as she did, she noticed something strange. Sumana looked like she was… fading away. Her skin was pixelating and then the pixels floated off and away. “Sumana, I think—you’re like disappearing!”

Sumana turned fully to Meeke, looking at her through her glasses with a resigned expression. “Butterfly, I know.”

Meeke met her eyes with a panicked expression, watching the pixels slough off of her friend like she was shedding her skin. “What do you mean you know?? We have to do something, we have to—”

“Meeke.” Her voice was quiet but firm, and it stilled Meeke’s actions. “There’s nothing to do, okay?”

“No. what do you mean–” She paused, her mind retracing the events that had led them to this moment in time. The spot on Sumana’s arm that looked like some skin had peeled off. “You knew. Before.” Meeke said, her voice tight. “That’s why you went to the fortune-teller, not because of Sehun.”

Sumana looked away, and Meeke knew she had her answer. “She couldn’t do anything. Just gave me the drink and sent me on my way,” she whispered, adjusting her glasses. Meeke began to protest, likely trying to offer up some sort of solution, but Sumana silenced her with a raised hand. “Can you just- hold me?” She asked, her lips twisting.

Meeke stared at her, tears at the corner of her eyes, but then she did as she wished and brought Sumana, her long-time friend, into her arms, holding her tight. The sound of celebration from the wedding erupted around them, though Meeke and Sumana shared a somber moment.

“Sumana, don’t leave me,” Meeke said, her voice choked. “I love you, don’t—”

Meeke was cut off by Sumana pressing her lips against hers, which took her by surprise. She blinked, startled, then relaxed into the kiss, her hand reaching up to cup her cheek. Sumana’s arms wrapped around Meeke’s waist as they kissed, her grip tight until her fingers pixelated and flew off. The loss of the weight brought Meeke back to reality and she parted slightly from Sumana, placing her hand on Sumana’s chest. Tears ran down her cheeks, but Sumana looked calm. “I don’t want to lose you,” Meeke whispered.

Sumana smiled, pressing a soft kiss against Meeke’s forehead as her lower half began floating away. “Then don’t,” she replied, just as her lips disappeared. Quick to follow was the rest of her facial features, until the last part of her that Meeke saw were her brown eyes with glasses.

:wilted_flower::sparkles:

Meeke’s eyes snapped open. She sat up in her bed, confused for a second until she realized she was back in her room, in the Netherlands. Greenstead didn’t exist and she definitely didn’t live with Sumana. Actually, she hadn’t spoken with Sumana for a while… She could hardly remember why, but they had gotten into some kind of argument, and at first, the silence was to let things cool down, but now it had been weeks of this. Maybe it was because it had been so long that neither of them wanted to reach out or something… she wasn’t sure, but she couldn’t remember ever feeling so distant from Sumana.

She rubbed her eyes, groggy, then swung her legs over the side of her bed. That dream had felt so real, she could’ve sworn that all of it had actually happened. In a sense, it kind of did happen, as she lost Sumana, only in a different way. In the dream it was permanent, but in real life, it didn’t have to be…

In the dream, she told Sumana that she didn’t want to lose her, and what was it that her friend had said? Then don’t.

Meeke had to head to her classes, she was already running late as it was from sleeping in. Still, her gaze lingered on her phone, and before she knew what she was doing, she was logging into her forums account and tapping the PM she had with Sumana. She didn’t have to lose her if she didn’t want to.

Tucking a stray strand of blonde hair behind her ear, Meeke typed out a simple message, one she’d written many times before.

Hey, wifey

And to her surprise, she got one back immediately.

Hey

At her window, a blue butterfly fluttered past, seeming to hover just outside the glass for a moment before continuing on with its path.

Meeke smiled.

:butterfly::sparkles:

Drive Version

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tkM4ArgEz3--HFzyQEEYRd9NFheIUQyB/view?usp=sharing

8 Likes

Aweeee

3 Likes

BAHAHAHAHA THIS IS HILARIOUS, I LOVE IT :rofl:

Thank you for making me laugh, Secret Santa :star_struck:

5 Likes

Alright, that is so far all of gifts I have. I’m waiting on answers from three plus for my wifi to come back on. @Rose it’s your turn to release your gifts!

6 Likes

Awww :pleading_face: that’s so cuteee

5 Likes

OMG! These are sooo bloody cool so far! Everyone is so creative and talented. Nice work, everyone! (wink)

5 Likes

I forgot one gift!

@Eliza here is your gift!

14 Likes

Ahwwww that’s so cuteeee.
At first I thought @OhSumana wrote it because she once share a simular idea with me, but she knows the rp with Regan is still going and they didn’t end up fine for a while.

But I absolutely love it!
Thank you so much secret Santa

7 Likes

Oh my god this is amazing, I love it, do I get to know who wrote it for me?

4 Likes

Once all the gifts have been handed out over the next couple of days then we will setup a poll guessing game for everyone.

5 Likes

How many Secret Santa people are there participating in total?

3 Likes

39 members total technically participated.

4 Likes

Hmm… so there are still 25 more users to receive gifts?

5 Likes

Yes, Rose still has her gifts to hand out plus I’m waiting on some responses back for a few other Santas.

4 Likes

Ooooh, right, got it. Thank you. (wink)

3 Likes

You’re welcome!

2 Likes