♛ 𝐌𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐯𝐞𝐢𝐥 𝐀𝐜𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐑𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐬 ♛ || Official Thread!

Mystveil Academy For Royals

𝔑𝔢𝔰𝔱𝔩𝔢𝔡 𝔦𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔯𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔬𝔲𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔯𝔢𝔤𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰 𝔬𝔣 ℭ𝔶𝔫𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔞, 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔐𝔶𝔰𝔱𝔳𝔢𝔦𝔩 𝔄𝔠𝔞𝔡𝔢𝔪𝔶 𝔣𝔬𝔯 ℜ𝔬𝔶𝔞𝔩𝔰 𝔥𝔞𝔰 𝔟𝔢𝔢𝔫 𝔞 𝔭𝔩𝔞𝔠𝔢 𝔬𝔣 𝔥𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔬𝔯𝔶, 𝔥𝔬𝔫𝔬𝔯, 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔫𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔴𝔢𝔩𝔩 𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔞 𝔠𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔶. 𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔫𝔡𝔢𝔡 𝔟𝔞𝔠𝔨 𝔦𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔣𝔦𝔯𝔰𝔱 𝔢𝔯𝔞, 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔞𝔰𝔱𝔩𝔢 𝔥𝔞𝔰 𝔟𝔢𝔢𝔫 𝔞 𝔥𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔤𝔢𝔫𝔢𝔯𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰 𝔬𝔣 𝔯𝔦𝔠𝔥 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔦𝔫𝔣𝔞𝔪𝔬𝔲𝔰 𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔬𝔢𝔰 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔪𝔬𝔫𝔞𝔯𝔠𝔥𝔦𝔢𝔰. 𝔑𝔬𝔴, 𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔱 𝔴𝔞𝔯, 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔠𝔞𝔡𝔢𝔪𝔶 𝔥𝔞𝔰 𝔭𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔡 𝔡𝔬𝔴𝔫 𝔦𝔫𝔱𝔬 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔥𝔞𝔫𝔡𝔰 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔫𝔤 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔳𝔢 𝔐𝔞𝔡𝔞𝔪𝔢 𝔇𝔲’ℭ𝔞𝔰𝔱𝔦è𝔯. ℑ𝔱 𝔥𝔞𝔰 𝔰𝔦𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔯𝔢-𝔬𝔭𝔢𝔫𝔢𝔡 𝔦𝔱𝔰 𝔡𝔬𝔬𝔯𝔰 𝔱𝔬 𝔞𝔠𝔠𝔢𝔭𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔥𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔩𝔶 𝔢𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔪𝔢𝔡 𝔫𝔬𝔟𝔩𝔢𝔰 𝔣𝔯𝔬𝔪 𝔞𝔠𝔯𝔬𝔰𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔠𝔬𝔲𝔫𝔱𝔯𝔶, 𝔱𝔬 𝔱𝔢𝔞𝔠𝔥 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔱𝔯𝔞𝔦𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔪 𝔦𝔫𝔱𝔬 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔣𝔲𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔢 𝔯𝔲𝔩𝔢𝔯𝔰 𝔭𝔬𝔰𝔰𝔦𝔟𝔩𝔢.

Nestled in the charming outer regions of Cynaria, The Mystveil Academy for Royals has been a place of History, honor, and learning for well over a century. Founded back in the first era, the castle has been a home for generations of rich and infamous heroes and monarchies. Now, following the Great War, the Academy has passed down into the hands of the young and ellusive Madame Du’Castier. It has since re-opened its doors to accept the highly esteemed nobles from across the country, to teach and train them into the best future rulers possible.

⫸⫸◈⫷⫷

Welcome Students!

Headmistress' Letter

𝔐𝔶 𝔫𝔞𝔪𝔢 𝔦𝔰 𝔏𝔞𝔡𝔶 𝔈𝔳𝔢𝔩𝔶𝔫 𝔊𝔯𝔞𝔠𝔢 𝔇𝔲’ℭ𝔞𝔰𝔱𝔦è𝔯, 𝔞𝔫𝔡 ℑ 𝔞𝔪 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔫𝔢𝔴 ℌ𝔢𝔞𝔡𝔪𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔢𝔰𝔰 𝔞𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔠𝔞𝔡𝔢𝔪𝔶. 𝔉𝔦𝔯𝔰𝔱 𝔬𝔣 𝔞𝔩𝔩, ℑ 𝔴𝔬𝔲𝔩𝔡 𝔩𝔦𝔨𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔫𝔨 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔭𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔞𝔭𝔭𝔩𝔦𝔠𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 𝔱𝔬 𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔢𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔪𝔢𝔡 𝔢𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔟𝔩𝔦𝔰𝔥𝔪𝔢𝔫𝔱, 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔱𝔞𝔨𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔱𝔦𝔪𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔠𝔬𝔫𝔰𝔦𝔡𝔢𝔯 𝔲𝔰 𝔞𝔰 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔢𝔡𝔲𝔠𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔞𝔩 𝔠𝔥𝔬𝔦𝔠𝔢. ℑ 𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔦𝔰𝔢, 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔩𝔩 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔟𝔢 𝔡𝔦𝔰𝔰𝔞𝔭𝔬𝔦𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔡.

ℑ 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔱 𝔞𝔭𝔬𝔩𝔬𝔤𝔦𝔷𝔢 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔪𝔶 𝔞𝔟𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔬𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔣𝔦𝔯𝔰𝔱 𝔡𝔞𝔶 𝔬𝔣 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔱𝔦𝔪𝔢 𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢, 𝔥𝔬𝔴𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔪𝔶 𝔞𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫 𝔥𝔞𝔰 𝔟𝔢𝔢𝔫 𝔠𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔢𝔡 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔢𝔩𝔰𝔢𝔴𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢, 𝔞𝔫𝔡 ℑ’𝔪 𝔞𝔣𝔯𝔞𝔦𝔡 ℑ 𝔴𝔦𝔩𝔩 𝔫𝔬𝔱 𝔟𝔢 𝔟𝔞𝔠𝔨 𝔲𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔩 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔡𝔞𝔶 𝔞𝔣𝔱𝔢𝔯. ℑ 𝔱𝔯𝔲𝔰𝔱 𝔪𝔶 𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔣𝔣 𝔱𝔬 𝔱𝔞𝔨𝔢 𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔱 𝔠𝔞𝔯𝔢 𝔬𝔣 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔲𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔯𝔢𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔫, 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔰𝔥𝔬𝔲𝔩𝔡 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 𝔞𝔫𝔶 𝔮𝔲𝔢𝔰𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰, 𝔭𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔰𝔢 𝔣𝔢𝔢𝔩 𝔣𝔯𝔢𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔞𝔰𝔨 𝔞𝔫𝔶 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔣𝔞𝔠𝔲𝔩𝔱𝔶 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔦𝔯 𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔫𝔠𝔢. 𝔄𝔫𝔶 𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔮𝔲𝔢𝔰𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰 𝔪𝔞𝔶 𝔟𝔢 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔫𝔡 𝔦𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔳𝔦𝔡𝔢𝔡 𝔖𝔱𝔲𝔡𝔢𝔫𝔱 𝔊𝔲𝔦𝔡𝔢𝔟𝔬𝔬𝔨𝔰, 𝔴𝔥𝔦𝔠𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔰𝔬 𝔦𝔫𝔠𝔩𝔲𝔡𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔰𝔠𝔥𝔬𝔬𝔩 𝔯𝔲𝔩𝔢𝔰. ℑ 𝔴𝔬𝔲𝔩𝔡 𝔩𝔦𝔨𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔯𝔢𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔡 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔱𝔬 𝔣𝔞𝔪𝔦𝔩𝔦𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔷𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔣 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔞𝔠𝔞𝔡𝔢𝔪𝔶 𝔯𝔢𝔤𝔲𝔩𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔰, 𝔞𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔶 𝔴𝔦𝔩𝔩 𝔟𝔢 𝔦𝔫 𝔭𝔩𝔞𝔠𝔢 𝔦𝔪𝔪𝔢𝔡𝔦𝔞𝔱𝔢𝔩𝔶 𝔲𝔭𝔬𝔫 𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔞𝔠𝔞𝔡𝔢𝔪𝔶 𝔭𝔯𝔢𝔪𝔦𝔰𝔢𝔰.

𝔄𝔰 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔶 𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢 𝔞𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔄𝔠𝔞𝔡𝔢𝔪𝔶, 𝔭𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔰𝔢 𝔱𝔞𝔨𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔡𝔞𝔶 𝔱𝔬 𝔣𝔞𝔪𝔦𝔩𝔦𝔞𝔯𝔦𝔰𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔣 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔞𝔯𝔢𝔞. 𝔐𝔶𝔰𝔱𝔳𝔢𝔦𝔩 𝔦𝔰 𝔞 𝔟𝔢𝔞𝔲𝔱𝔦𝔣𝔲𝔩 𝔭𝔩𝔞𝔠𝔢, 𝔯𝔦𝔠𝔥 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔥𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔬𝔯𝔶 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔪𝔶𝔰𝔱𝔢𝔯𝔶, 𝔭𝔩𝔲𝔰 ‘𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔉𝔞𝔢𝔯𝔦𝔢 𝔊𝔩𝔞𝔰𝔰’ ℭ𝔞𝔣𝔢 𝔦𝔫 𝔱𝔬𝔴𝔫 𝔥𝔞𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔭𝔞𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔰 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔱 𝔱𝔯𝔶. 𝔉𝔢𝔢𝔩 𝔣𝔯𝔢𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔩𝔬𝔠𝔞𝔱𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔯𝔬𝔬𝔪𝔰 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔰𝔢𝔱𝔱𝔩𝔢 𝔦𝔫. 𝔄𝔫𝔶 𝔦𝔰𝔰𝔲𝔢𝔰 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔪𝔞𝔶 𝔣𝔦𝔫𝔡 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔠𝔞𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔯𝔬𝔬𝔪𝔪𝔞𝔱𝔢𝔰, 𝔭𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔰𝔢 𝔱𝔞𝔨𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔞𝔠𝔞𝔡𝔢𝔪𝔶 𝔞𝔡𝔪𝔦𝔫, 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔴𝔢 𝔴𝔦𝔩𝔩 𝔟𝔢 𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔭𝔶 𝔱𝔬 𝔣𝔦𝔫𝔡 𝔞 𝔟𝔢𝔱𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔴𝔞𝔶 𝔱𝔬 𝔞𝔠𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔬𝔡𝔞𝔱𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲.

ℑ 𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔦𝔢𝔳𝔢 𝔦𝔱 𝔰𝔥𝔬𝔲𝔩𝔡 𝔞𝔩𝔰𝔬 𝔟𝔢 𝔪𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔢𝔡 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱, 𝔞𝔩𝔱𝔥𝔬𝔲𝔤𝔥 𝔦𝔱 𝔥𝔞𝔰 𝔟𝔢𝔢𝔫 𝔞 𝔶𝔢𝔞𝔯 𝔰𝔦𝔫𝔠𝔢 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔢𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔊𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔱 𝔚𝔞𝔯, 𝔞𝔫𝔶 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔨𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔡𝔬𝔪 𝔭𝔬𝔩𝔦𝔱𝔦𝔠𝔰, 𝔯𝔦𝔳𝔞𝔩𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔰, 𝔤𝔯𝔲𝔡𝔤𝔢𝔰, 𝔬𝔯 𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔡𝔢𝔱𝔱𝔞𝔰 𝔰𝔥𝔬𝔲𝔩𝔡 𝔟𝔢 𝔩𝔢𝔣𝔱 𝔞𝔱 𝔥𝔬𝔪𝔢. ℑ𝔱 𝔦𝔰 𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔦𝔠𝔱𝔩𝔶 𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔟𝔦𝔡𝔡𝔢𝔫 𝔱𝔬 𝔢𝔵𝔞𝔠𝔱 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔯𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢 𝔬𝔫 𝔞 𝔣𝔢𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔰𝔱𝔲𝔡𝔢𝔫𝔱, 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔴𝔢 𝔢𝔵𝔭𝔢𝔠𝔱 𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔶𝔬𝔫𝔢 𝔱𝔬 𝔱𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔱 𝔢𝔞𝔠𝔥 𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔲𝔱𝔪𝔬𝔰𝔱 𝔯𝔢𝔰𝔭𝔢𝔠𝔱 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔡𝔦𝔤𝔫𝔦𝔱𝔶. 𝔗𝔥𝔞𝔱 𝔰𝔞𝔦𝔡, ℑ 𝔟𝔢𝔩𝔦𝔢𝔳𝔢 𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔰𝔬 𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢𝔰 𝔣𝔯𝔬𝔪 𝔰𝔲𝔯𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔞𝔩. ℑ𝔫 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔬𝔯𝔡𝔰 𝔬𝔣 𝔞 𝔤𝔯𝔢𝔞𝔱 𝔨𝔦𝔫𝔤…

“ℑ𝔱’𝔰 𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔶 𝔪𝔞𝔫 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔥𝔦𝔪𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔣.”

𝔑𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔩𝔢𝔰𝔰, ℑ 𝔴𝔦𝔰𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔟𝔢𝔰𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔰 𝔶𝔢𝔞𝔯, 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔨 𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔴𝔞𝔯𝔡 𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔢𝔢𝔱𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔦𝔫 𝔡𝔲𝔢 𝔱𝔦𝔪𝔢.

𝔚𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔚𝔞𝔯𝔪𝔢𝔰𝔱 ℜ𝔢𝔤𝔞𝔯𝔡𝔰,

𝐿𝒶𝒹𝓎 𝐸.𝒢. 𝒟𝓊’𝒞𝒶𝓈𝓉𝒾è𝓇

ℌ𝔢𝔞𝔡𝔪𝔦𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔢𝔰𝔰 𝔬𝔣 𝔐𝔶𝔰𝔱𝔳𝔢𝔦𝔩 𝔄𝔠𝔞𝔡𝔢𝔪𝔶

Normal Text Version

My name is Lady Evelyn Grace Du’Catstièr, and I am the new Headmistress at the Academy. First of all, I would like to thank you for completing your application to our esteemed establishment, and taking the time to consider us as your educational choice. I promise, you will not be dissapointed.

I must apologise for my absence on the first day of your time here, however my attention has been called for elsewhere, and I am afraid I will not be back until the day after. I trust my staff to take great care of you until my return, and should you have any questions, please feel free to ask any of the faculty for their assistance. Any other questions may be found in the provided student guidebooks, which also include the school rules. I would like to remind you all to familiarize yourself with the academy regulations, as they will be in place immediately upon entering the academy premises.

As for your stay here at the Academy, please take the day to familiarize yourself with the area. Mystveil is a beautiful place, rich with history and mystery, plus ‘The Faerie Glass’ Cafe in town has the best pastries you must try. Feel free to locate your rooms and settle in. Any issues you may find with your allocated roommates, please take to the academy admin, and we will be happy to find a better way to accomodate you.

I believe it should also be mentioned that, although it has been a year since the end of The Great War, any and all kingdom politics, rivalries, grudges, or vendettas should be left at home. It is strictly forbidden to exact your revenge on a fellow student, and we expect everyone to treat each other with the utmost respect and dignity. That said, I believe strength aso comes from survival. In the words of a great king…

“It’s every man for himself.”

Nevertheless, I wish you all the best this year, and look forward to meeting you all in due time.

With warmest regards,

Lady E.G. Du’Castier

Headmistress of Mystveil Academy

Important links

Student Guidebook

⫸⫸◈⫷⫷

Teachers & Staff

⫸⫸◈⫷⫷

Student FCs
⫸⫸◈⫷⫷

General Chat
⫸⫸◈⫷⫷

Helpers

This helpful bunch are my personal helpers for MAR! If you have any questions, and I’m not here, please feel free to ask them!

@CrazyCaliope
@Skyler2

Rules of The Roleplay

✎ you MUST write at least three lines per post. ✎

☒ Do not Godmod ☒

☒ Do not make your characters overpowered ☒

☒ Do not make more characters if you don’t use the ones you have ☒

☒ Do not use pixely FCs ☒

☒ Do not post if your character is not in the FCs, unless stated otherwise ☒

☒ Do not give your character new skills, unless earned through the RP ☒

☒ Do not abandon a conversation without consent ☒

☒ Do not make your character perfect and happy all the time ☒

:warning: Fade to black, Timeskip, or take any and all smut elsewhere :warning:

:warning: Give warnings for sensitive content :warning:

:warning: Blur or censor your swear words :warning:

:warning: NPCs are not your characters, but can be used in reference, background, or for plot :warning:

:warning: Your character will be killed/sent home if you are not active for two weeks without reason :warning:

:warning: You can only accidentally bump into a character ONCE, unless your character is clumsy :warning:

☞ If you create an NPC with a name, or one that is reoccuring, please give them an FC ☜

☞ If your character changes, please post an idea of what they are wearing ☜

☞ If you do not feel comfortable using an NPC, tag me or my helpers, and we will play them for you ☜

☞ If your character gets into a fight, consider if and how they might win or lose, or flip a coin to make it fair ☜

☞ Please start every post with the name of the characters you are writing in the perspective of☜

☞ Please end every post with a tag to the character you are referring to ☜

CALA Officials List

The CALA are an Elite group of members, tasked with keeping the peace and acting as figureheads of Courtly Affairs within the Lands of Altaer. (C.A.L.A)

In short, if you have a question about a certain place or Kingdom, ask the people who made them!

:wink:

@LTea

CALA President
Spokesperson for the kingdoms of
Cynaria & Daegarimn

@ForeverAngel

Spokesperson for the kingdom of
Xusian

@Rosy-Writer (Is active on Episode)

Valarii

@Megan

Elarin

@mehak27 (Is active on Episode)

Stormholt

@Littlefeets

Rhytora

@Nil

Arland

@GlitterFist

Ujamaa

@Tellyg47

Protathia

@BrookieK

Inirene

@SageHeart

Aevoria

@phnx

Elúsia

@katabasis

Anextachukwa

And, as always, don’t forget to have fun!

Please do not post until the first opening is done.

14 Likes

The Academy Opens Its Gates

The day was bright and the sun had risen early when the large silver gates to the Academy did at last swing open. For a long time, the staff and faculty had begun to wonder if the time would ever come, but here they were. First day of the semester. First year of a world that had finally found peace after the hell that had come from the end of The Great War. And the headmistress? Why, she was nowhere to be found.

“I’m not sure if this should be seen as a good thing, or a terrible omen for the rest of the year…” Sir Edward Clark murmured into his morning mug of coffee. He stood on the balconie that stretched out over the entrance, a grand place that had once hosted many great names from across centuries of past history. Kings, Queens, Rebels on the uprising, even tyrants on the downfall. Their speeches had been legendary. Sir Clark didn’t doubt that had Lady Du’Castier been present, hers too would have been a truly inspiring talk, but fact was she wasn’t there and he had prepared no such speech. For a deputy headmaster, he was quite underprepared for this event. Down by the elegant front gates, Jakubi gave the young knight a wobbly salute, his beard hiding the toothy grin that was no doubt poking out.

“We really ought to get that man a suit. Or a jacket… just, something to cover up those skeletal limbs. Something with a little class, too, so he doesn’t stick out so much like a sore thumb.”

Sir Clark gave a small sideways glance to the young lady appearing at his side, her tiny fingers curled around a pair of golden wireframe spectacles, lips pursed as they always were. “Not that a jacket would help much, I suppose… He walks like a newborn deer with one leg tied back.”

“Lady Puckett. I didn’t realize you would be joining us this morning, I thought you had postponed your arrival until after the first assembly?”

“And risk a bunch of rambunctious students defiling my treasured collection? I think not.” Her childish voice made her harsh words seem trivial, and yet Sir Clark couldn’t help but hold a lot of respect for the girl. She did take her work more than seriously. Her dark sapphire eyes scowled at the approaching carriage. “Besides, my original plans had become otherwise scrambled up, and my nephew decided that today of all days would be when he would send a new publishing to my door. I had to find a suitable place for it, and as my books had already arrived I thought it would be best to settle in while I was here. My original plans can always wait. My books, however, certainly can’t.”

He chuckled, sipping his tea and remembering the astonishing delivery of crates upon crates that had arrived only a day before. Nobody had a single idea what to do with them, but as soon as the little girl had arrived she had set about unpacking and organising each and every one into its proper place on the old polished shelves. The library already had a grand collection of books, but now it looked like a veritable feast for the intelligent mind. Lady Mamie was very proud. In fact, she had refused to let anybody even touch the darned things until she had catalogued and memorized the places of each and every one, which she had done for a majority of that night, without fail. Stranger still, she didn’t even look the least bit tired. If anything, she looked as ruthless as always. Her eyes moved to him.

“Is there something on my face?”

“My apologies, Lady Puckett, I was just reminiscing on your well timed arrival. I can only hope our new students will be just as punctual as you.”

She snorted. “Now I very much doubt that. But I suppose hope is all you can do. Any news from your esteemed lady?”

“Lady Du’Castier? No, unfortunately not. As always she likes to leave things to the last minute, then disappear without a word of notice. Quite unladylike, don’t you think?”

Lady Mamie didn’t reply straight away, instead turning her gaze back to the distance where a couple of footmen had begun unpacking a young lady’s things. Her eyes seemed to glaze over, growing more and more distant as she thought, before snapping back to the present within the second it took for the carriage door to shut. She blinked once, and shook her head, curls bouncing sweetly as she did so.

“A lady is as a lady must be. That is what my official governess once taught me, and I have no doubt it is as Du’Castier believes as well. If she was needed elsewhere, then I suppose it can’t be helped.”

Sir Edward breathed a sigh through his nose, his own eyes wandering in the direction of the crypt, which loomed in the distant shadows of the forest.

“Indeed… I suppose it can’t, then.”

“If you two are done being posh pr#cks, there is still some equipment that needs moving from the great hall, and any help you can provide to those idiot footmen would be much obliged. If I catch another one ‘taking a break’ in the courtyard I’m going to hang them from the belfry, I don’t even care what war it might start.”

Clutching a mop and a uniform cap that nobody recalled being provided to the staff, Raegan Crest stood judgingly by the open glass doors, the other staff members looking equally as peeved by her interruption as they slowly made their way out of the large staff lounge. Lady Mamie again chose not to reply, rolling her eyes and following the others out, but Sir Edward couldn’t help letting out a short laugh as the little girl purposely went out of her way to stand on the intimidating woman’s foot on her way out. Raegan hissed as she made a face at the little librarian, before slamming the door behind them all.

Mr Matthias offered her a hand to lean on, in case she couldn’t walk from that attack, but it only earned him a scowl from the janitor. “Just get a bloody move on, before I add you to the killing count.”

“Give my apologies to your pride.” Matthias shrugged, chuckling as she chased him out, locking the doors behind them.

Meanwhile, in the Cafeteria...

✯✯✯✯✯

“Careful with that, boys! Hasel, don’t burn yourself on that frier! Cakes on the left, please, before the grape sorbets. Jake, that better not be an unwashed baking tray…”

“Phew, all his running around is making even me tired! How much food can so many youngsters eat, anyway?”

As the old man approached the table, Miss Olivia Griffiths almost jumped out of her seat, her teacup clacking in its saucer as she put it down and cleaned up the small spill.

Sir Yanis Rohit chuckled, sitting down. “My apologies, Miss, I didn’t mean to startle you.”

“Oh, no, it’s my mistake. I was not paying much attention to anything, really, even a butterfly would have startled me I was so… out of it.” The sweet young herbology teacher smiled kindly, turning back to the chaos of the kitchens. Already the canteen was being filled with a feast fit for kings, but that wasn’t enough to stop Sean’s love for baking from taking root. He had already added seventeen more dishes to the welcome menu than originally planned. It made Olivia smile to think that he was doing all of this for a bunch of students he didn’t even know by name. Given till the end of the week, he would of course make sure to change that, as best as he could at least.

“Do you think he would mind if I took a sausage roll?” Yanis whispered cheekily, earning a playful slap from Olivia as she gave a half laugh.

“Don’t ruin his big moment, he’s worked all morning on these delights, and I won’t stand by as you selfishly steal them.”

Yanis grinned. “I’ll get you a carrot cake.”

She hesitated, and inevitably gave in.

“Rowan! Rowan, you can’t just load the topping with buttercream, you have to smooth it out first! Come on, boy, this is no time to half-#ss your trade, what would your mother say if she knew you were cutting corners like this?”

As the two teachers watched, each one eating their stolen delight, the passionate cook continued his craft with a knowing look in his eye. “Don’t think I didn’t see you two. You’re lucky I thought to bake extra, but I’ve only got one extra tray of cookies so you had better leave them alone! I lost the other tray to the oven when they all got stuck together.”

A strong wind blew as the glass doors to the gardens opened, a very bright eyed Mrs Bowes hobbled into the dining room and stared in amazement at the brimming counter. “Goodness gracious, Mr Sean, you really have outdone yourself today! There’s enough food here to feed an army!”

Sean laughed, voice rich like dark chocolate, as he took a well earned break to lean against the counter. “I’d have a better time feeding an army, Mrs Bowes, they’re much less picky eaters! But alas, it’s not just me you have to thank. The boys put in a lot of their own handy work, and I wouldn’t have done this without them.”

Mrs Bowes grinned at the small team. “Of course, how could I forget such a lovely bunch of laddies, hmm? Your mothers would all be proud of you!”

“Not mine!” Jake piped up, grinning sheepishly. “She would have knocked my head in with a rock if she knew I was spending all my time baking. Like she always said, ‘you don’t use up the merchandise!’”

The other lads laughed, but Mrs Bowed shook her head. “Well, your mother should have known better. But I’m still proud of you. And I’m sure there will be many princesses and young ladies who’ll swoon over you once they find out you can make a cake better than any pot brownie, how about that.”

At that, Jake blushed furiously, and the other boys jumped on mocking him for it. Wolf whistling and ruffling his hair before continuing with their work. Mrs Bowes, in the meantime, continued to look around.

“Goodness me… Oh, Mr Sean, I don’t suppose you’ve seen our lovely Quinn around here at all, have you? It’s just, there’s a large parcel for him that arrived at the front gates, and I can’t remember if he was put in the girls section or the boys when it came to the rooming.”

Miss Olivia looked up, slightly confused. “Quinn? Well, he would be with the boys, surely… wouldn’t he?”

The other teachers just looked at her with awkward sympathy.

Before either of them could start to explain, Sir Yanis turned around and noticed the small trio of teachers making their way down the hall, laughing about something before coming to a halt at the doorway to the dining room. “Well well, speak of the devil, Quinn! I believe Mrs Bowes here was looking for you.”

Quinn, now eying up the feast and looking guilty that he hadn’t helped out as much as he probably should have, stepped up with a sheepish look on his face. “Oh, aye? What can I help you with, Mrs Bowes?”

“Oh! Please, call me Marie, dear. We’re both teachers, after all, and it only makes sense as we all call you Quinn.” Though she smiled like a proud mother, Quinn could only give a confused look to the others, as if they could offer some kind of explanation. He was met with blank shrugs.

“Now! I just wanted to talk to you about the rooming arrangements. See, I understand that you would want to be…”

As she led the poor boy away, his two companions just exchanged questioning glances. Master Vinson eventually shrugged, turning back to the counter to find himself a worthy snack. Mr Fletcher, however, noticed the small group. He rose a brow. “I don’t guess my brother is hiding here?”

“Um, no, he’s uh… I think he’s in the conservatory. Last I heard of him, I mean.” Miss Olivia stumbled over her words, looking down at her cup and failing to hide the faint blush to her cheeks as she pretended to look holely invested in stirring her tea. Mr Fletcher looked at her, then to the others each in turn, before nodding once and spinning on his heel to leave.

Yanis’ eyes jumped between the two of them, Haroon’s too, only his rolled as well.

“Am I missing something here?” Yanis asked, a wry smile on his face, and Miss Olivia hid her face even more in her shoulder.

“I don’t know what…”

“Oh, stop, before ya make it even more obvious.” Haroon interrupted, taking a lemon sorbet and slice of honey toast before making his own way out. “We all know there’s something you want to say to him, so just out with it already!” He paused in the doorway, looking over his shoulder only to acknowledge Sir Yanis for a fleeting second. “Speaking of which, Lord Metal-Face-whatshisname wanted to speak with you. I think it was something to do with your desk, and why you get your own office.”

Sir Yanis sighed. “I’m well aware, Master Haroon, thank you. If you see him, let him know I will take care of it.” But Haroon was already gone, and probably didn’t have enough kindness to care. Miss Olivia finished her tea.

“If you would excuse me… I believe there are some herbs I have yet to plant… Thank you for the cake, Sir Yanis. Mr Sean.”

The two men nodded.

“Always a pleasure, my dear.” Yanis murmured, sad to see her leave. Sean agreed. They continued in quiet from there.

... and at the stables...

✯✯✯✯✯

“Ronny, can you do me a favour, just grab that spare headcollar over there and help me get the fillies in from the paddock.” Ms. Louise muttered, face scrunching as she tried to get the finicky buckles of a carriage harness, that hadn’t been used in a long while, to budge. Behind her all hands were on deck with footmen running two and fro, shouting in multiple colourful languages as they fought with each other to bring in the empty carriages, unloading luggage and unhitching their horses. It was utter chaos, much as Louise had expected, and worse yet her good-for-nothing Niece was nowhere to be found. On all the days I needed her to be around, she decides to run off somewhere… Louise thought, violently yanking on the stubborn buckle.

“Ms. Louise… the rabbits have gotten’ out of their hutches again…” Pip stuttered, appearing in the doorway with a neckerchief wrung tightly around his hands.

Louise groaned, and looked around for someone to help them. “Well, I’m somewhat busy at the moment MacAwell… are the dogs in their kennels?”

“Yes, but um…”

“Um what? If the dogs aren’t hunting them what does it matter? They’re just a couple of tiny mammals, it’s not like they would have gotten far.”

His lack of answer was not comforting.

“Ugh, fine. See if you can find Mrs Bowes or Lady Cheyanne to help you. And if you think there might be any other predators then try to lure those away with a couple steaks or something. Just lure them away from my stableyard, or I’ll send the dogs after you instead.”

Pip nodded, hurrying off and running over the instructions again and again in his head, leaving Louise to roll her eyes and finally shift the buckle with a triumphant shout that spooked one of the horses.

“Oh! Sorry love, just… your tack is so stiff this year, it might as well wear a crown and a ring!” She chuckled at her own joke, stroking the horse’s muzzle to help calm him down. Finally able to put the damned thing on his back, Louise couldn’t help looking around at the steadily growing line of carriages. Each one baring flags from countries and places she couldn’t even recall if she tried. Some of them, from the lesser known families, were just outright laughable.

“I swear, I saw an orange ostrich on a black background for one of them. Heaven forbid what psychotic nobleman came up with that design, let alone made it a crest he would have to pass down to his kids! Poor fools.”

The horse snorted, and Louise sighed. She missed home, sort of. The tall green forests and the rushing river… “Wonder if our fair little princess will make an appearance this year. She’d be around the right age, doncha’ think? Would be good of her to get some proper education in. Nothing beats the fine mystveil air, that’s for sure.”

The horse nipped at her pockets for treats, and she chuckled, knowing that he definitely hadn’t been listening to her. Nevertheless, she expected a lot of stuck up children to come barging in. If it meant risking her life, she’d make sure to put them in line if they so much as dared her four legged fur-babies.

The horse snorted again, munching on a mint, now happy.

“Aye, atta boy. You show em’ how much you care for their nobility.” She grinned. In the background, Pip was chasing a goat that had gotten its teeth around just such a flag. In short, the first day was going swimmingly.

The students aren’t even properly here yet, this is just the luggage…

“Do you have any idea how much shoes cost at this time of year?! Fifteen thousand coppers, and almost twenty thousand gold, all gone down the drain towards simple costumes and dancing slippers! You’d think the young brats would have been smart enough to bring their own, but no! Gods no, who brings their own slippers to a school that teaches dancing?! Bloody fools, I’m telling ya, the lot of em’!”

Ms Louise gave a lazy glance as Madame Katarina stormed into the stables, face red with fury as a meek boy followed after her, brandishing a paper and pen for what looked to be a bill of delivery. Louise leaned over the stable door, the horse she was tacking continuing to sniff for further treats.

“Having a breakdown already, Kattie?”

“It’s not a breakdown, it’s a damned robbery is what it is. If they expect any of this to come out of my salary they will be sorely mistaken. I didn’t give up my truest profession to be swindled into submission like this!”

Louise arched a brow curiously. “You think they’d take it from their salary?”

“Well, why wouldn’t they? I told them that the students should have been bringing their own shoes, but the board of directors insisted that we at least give them the option to have some supplied at the ready. Do you know how many students are taking my class? Almost all of them! It’s classic dancing for heaven’s sake, what noble, royal, or stuck up princess doesn’t learn how to dance for a formal event? But I mention the bill upon the boxes delivery, and what do they tell me? ‘Just deal with it’. Can you believe that?! Thousands of coins, and they expect me to just sign off for all of it, as if I have that kind of cash in my back pocket!”

Louise looked to the boy. “Let me see that.”

He handed over the bill, and she scanned over it in a second. Pulling out a pen from her pocket, which the horse immediately tried to nibble at, thinking it probably smelled like hay or mint treats, Louise signed and completed the form with her own name and credentials.

“There. Now you don’t have to worry.”

Madame Katarina stared blankly at her. “Are you out of your mind? No, wait, don’t tell me you’re also secretly rich, or have some wealthy estate hidden away somewhere, making you endless amounts of spare money.”

Louise had to laugh, finishing the last harness and patting the horse with a wide cheeky grin. “No, not me. The others, maybe, but I’m as plain as it gets I’m afraid.”

Katarina frowned. “So why did you do that for me?”

She nodded her head to one of the crates in the background, where two stable hands were struggling to get it to shift and had been for the past hour or two. “You think shoes cost you a pretty penny. Try fitting four of them, each made of iron, to a beast that would much rather bite you. The cost for that is beyond funny, and I can promise you, I ain’t payin’ a single penny.”

“You’re a rogue, Louise, dear. A real rebel.” Katarina said, a tired grin finally finding its way onto her face. Even so, she slumped against the side, watching the rest of the chaos unfold. “This year is going to kill us, I just know it.”

Louise laughed. “Oh, my friend. The day has only just begun!”

As the morning starts to unfold, you each find yourselves slowly drawing up to the elegant silver gates of the prestigious Mystveil Academy. Your carriage pulls into the magnificent fantasy-like gardens, fountains of fairies and sprites surrounded by a rainbow of strange and exotic flowers and plants, and a footman rushes up to greet you. On the tall doors of the school, a fine crystal crest glimmers in the rising sun, stained glass in the image of a white sun over a blue lake; a wreath of thorns around the middle and a silver key pierced through the center.

The Crest of the Academy.

You have finally arrived, and your journey can truly begin… All you need do is enter the ancient castle-like building, and your future…?

Why, that’s all up to you.

Welcome, to Mystveil Academy!

You may now post.

@Caticorn @ForeverAngel @GlitterFist @Skyler2 @Littlefeets @Wingsoffire @anon93806337 @Megan @Samantha79 @Tellyg47 @leaptheleap @SageHeart @LemonLeader @astxrism @CrazyCaliope @BrookieK @ForeverAngel @AtlasFlameAi @Nil

10 Likes

Past Posts

Guinevere & Elina

@LTea & @Wingsoffire

Guinevere Nochellisum

“Are we there yet?!”

From the inside of the ebony polished carriage, despite the loud crunching of stones between the guilded golden wheels, Guin could hear the coachman physically groan and facepalm himself as she asked the same question for the umteenth time.

“No, not yet, your highness… Like I said, we should be there very soon, but the roads are rather busy this morning thanks to our delay at Fort Noch.”

Guin could hear the blame in the stubborn man’s voice. She scowled, stuffing her head back inside and shutting the window. “Its not my fault I had to go for a p-ss.”

There was a thump on the carriage, as her assigned knight and protector shot her a warning look from outside. Ears like a bat as his horse snorted proudly. “Language, madam.”

“Oh, stuff you, Barriton. Just because I’m a girl doesn’t mean I have to act like some stuck up princess. I mean, seriously, who’s idea even was this to begin with?!” She motioned to the irritatingly extravagant dress 3 that was currently doing a great job of getting tangled around her legs and stuck up in places no dress ought to be. “Did dad really think this would be a good idea, or is this just his way of torturing me after I pranked Elanora? Because if I had known she was actually going to use that shampoo before attending that gala, I swear, I would never have put blue dye in it!”

Sir Barriton gave an exasperated look as he put a hand to his forehead and tried not to lose his mind. After so long riding in the sun, decked out in his full army regalia, she was surprised he wasn’t sweating like a beast. He really needed to teach her his secrets. She probably smelled like a swamp right about now, she was that pent up and nervous.

“Just… Do your best, and try to stop slouching. You’ll ruin your back if you sit like that.”

Guin made a show of mocking him like a nagging mother, sitting up straighter and putting her legs together, crossing them at the ankles and even pretending to sip a cup of tea with her little finger out. “Better?”

“Much. Though you can cut the attitude.”

Guin didn’t cut the attitude. Attitude was all she had these days, when surrounded by people who constantly spoke like they always knew better than her, and maybe they did but it wasn’t like it mattered. The war was over, they had won, who cared if she could eat with the correct fork or wave in a ‘polite and dignified’ manner. After a few more minutes of silent carriage riding, she returned to her slouch and tried to waste the time away by counting clouds or carriages heading in the opposite direction. Just, please don’t let there be a fanfare when we arrive. I’m so sick of fanfares…

Sure enough, when the academy did finally make its way into her view, there was no fanfares in sight. Just a long line of tired little carriages, each one more unique than the last, and a bunch of flags flapping in the wind. This made Guin perk up in her seat. Ever since the war, she had heard nothing but nonsense about kingdoms that had once been mere trivia to her. Now, here she was, in a place that asked all politics to be left in exchange for peace, as though the last several years had just never happened. It made Guin excited. Finally having the chance to meet people from places she had only heard about, the sight of a gorgeously unique egg-shaped carriage - it’s dark horses noble and sturdy - and a very shocking half-naked man driving it… She did a double take at that sight. Beside her own carriage, Sir Barriton shook his head.

“Ujamaans… always showing off too much.”

Guin had to disagree. With the appearance of another astonishingly handsome man, she couldn’t help feeling like her own carriage man was not even trying. He looked like a frog that really needed a pee.

“Why don’t we have stupidly handsome carriage drivers?”

Sir Barriton decided not to answer that.

Now glued to the window, unable to keep herself in her seat, Guin staired out wide-eyed at the impossibly fantastical place now surrounding her. And in it, a clash of colours and people so vivid it made her practically giddy. Her carriage pulled up in front of the glamourous stone steps, and before the driver even had a chance to open the door, Guin had burst from captivity and now stood, breathing it all in deeply. This place… this world… it was magical.

She could sense it.

“Princess Guinevere! For heaven’s sake, your highness, please don’t jump out like that! Who knows what could have been waiting for you… Why do you think your father ordered me to escort you?!”

She groaned as Sir Barriton began his usual rant on reckless behaviour and safety. Really, what point was there in winning a war if people never got off your back about being cautious? She was about to snap back at him on the capabilities of her knife throwing skills, when a certain flag caught her eye and made her stop in her tracks. Her blood freezing as every sense of pride and confidence became lost to the wind.

Daegarimn.

“Your highness, please, let us get you inside and settled. I will ensure that you are well protected and…” Sir Barriton’s voice tailed off as he noticed Guin’s attention was clearly not on him. Following her gaze, he picked up on the raw fear that now flooded every inch of her body, turning her pale and silent as the grave. Placing a hand to her back, he nodded to the carriage man to take the luggage elsewhere for the footmen to deal with, and began to usher the young princess away. Though she was no longer looking at it, she could still feel the cold glare as if the Wolf King himself were watching her from the beyond. She could still recall that face. Harsh, brutal, bloodthirsty. A cold blooded killer, in every sense of the word. Sir Berritan had to leave her by the entrance as he went to ensure that her safety would be protected. All Guin could do was sit down on one of the rich velvet couches and stare at the floor. In her mind, the war still raged. In her eyes, the cries of her family still rang out, echoing into an endless abyss.

Breathe, Guinnie, just take some deep breaths…

Elina Blackwood

She frowned as the carriage bumped and jostled down the road. Elina tried not to think about sitting alone, confined, in the carriage. She hadn’t the whole ride, she could last a little longer. Still, carriages made her uncomfortable, not that she’d tell anyone, especially her aunt and uncle who seemed to know this and offered an alternative ride. It wasn’t lady-like, and utterly weak, to not be able to ride in a carriage, a common mean of transportation. Plus, she would never admit carriages scared her, even as it seemed harder to breath.

Alas, the academy case into view, and Elina released a breath. A footman rushed to open her door, one she gladly stepped out of. It took effort to not straight out run. But she walked, not even looking back to nod a thanks to the footman or ensure they were taking her bags. This place, she tipped her head to stare at it, the towering building that chanted her on. A challenge, that’s what it was. She suppressed a shudder, it was almost as if the Academy knew her secrets, desires, faults. But that would be silly. She shook her head, ridding herself of the thought, and strolled into the Academy.

Right away she saw people with pamphlets in hand telling them where to go. She looked around but couldn’t see much through clusters of people. One girl hugged herself, a paper in hand. An odd thing to do in public, Elina thought. The girl looked worried, or bothered. Something about her face seemed similar, she noticed as she approached closer. Probably a high-noble she concluded, still skeptical. Just as the girl was about to leave she cleared her throat, “Excuse me, do you know where we get those pamphlets?” She threw in a sweet smile, her voice light and tentative.

Guinevere Nochellisum

Turning to the sound of a voice behind her, Guin wondered if the girl had been talking to her or if she was mistaken, but then again she wasn’t looking at anyone else. Guin had looked around to check.

“Oh, um… I don’t know. Sorry. Some lady just gave me mine… Maybe I can help you find her?” She returned the smile, before seeing if she could find the woman from before in the crowds. She must have been a receptionist or something… Guin looked down at her own papers, and quickly spotted that the information was likely the same for everyone. At least the rooming was. “Oh! Well, if you like I can just give you mine? I mean, it’s got the same information on it… were you looking for your roommate? I can tell you which room you’re in if you like, what’s your name?” She grinned, thrusting out her had again before remembering her manners and that she wasn’t supposed to shake hands with just anyone. She dropped into a wonky curtsey, an awkward look on her face. “Sorry… Princess Guinevere Nochellisum, third heir of Cynaria, and it is very nice to make your acquaintance.” it sounded forced even as she said it. “I’m still practicing that, sorry. You can just call me Guin though. So, yeah! What’s your name?”

Elina Blackwood

“Oh, um… I don’t know. Sorry. Some lady just gave me mine… Maybe I can help you find her?”

“Yes, that would be wonderful,” Elina said, slightly surprised at the girl’s open kindness. One that seemed genuine, she gathered as the girl continued. She spoke a lot, and fast enough that Elina didn’t get much in except nods and smiles. From the way she rambled, Elina didn’t think she was of any importance. Definitely not a commoner, she dressed to nice for that, but a less important Lady seemed more like it. Then the girl went to shake her hand and Elina’s eyebrows shot up. She didn’t move to shake her hand, and instead cocked her head, confused. Who is this girl? Unfortunately she got her answer.

“third heir of Cynaria”

The words repeated in her head, the only words she heard from the girl. Her sweet, nice face fell. An old rage welled in her as she processed the princess’s words.

Her smile turned into something animal like. Despite the irrational urge to lash out, she kept her expression neutral, well, as neutral as she could make it. She’d be kind, that’s what she would do. Befriending the enemy, this was her chance. She tried to smile.

“Lady Elina Blackwood,” The words came out shakier then she expected, “so, Princess of Cynaria, how does it feel to be an heir of the country who started a war and killed thousand of people?” The words rushed out, and her plan flushed down the drain. Elina’s eyes widened slightly as she realized what came out of her mouth.

Guinevere Nochellisum

Guin felt her stomach drop at the same time that the girl’s smile did. Did I say something? What’s wrong… what did I do? Much as the smile quickly returned it was clear there was a much darker meaning behind it, and the almost feral look she was giving made Guin regret saying anything. She had just wanted to make a friend, but now this was two people she must have said or done something to cause the complete opposite effect.

“Lady Elina Blackwood,”

Well, she certainly wasn’t from Cynaria, but even so Guin was kicking herself for not paying attention in all the lectures her father gave on the importance of remembering people’s names. She was a lady… was she one of higher rank, or just honorary? She didn’t look too formal, but then again Guin would have done anything to have arrived in a shirt and slacks, so that wasn’t much help. Maybe if you made an effort to know about people, they wouldn’t wind up hating you so much, Guin! her own voice scalded her.

“so, Princess of Cynaria, how does it feel to be an heir of the country who started a war and killed thousand of people?”

Her mouth dropped open and closed like a guppy fish, her mind racing but words not making the escape. She wanted to run. That was her first instinct, but her legs were frozen and her blood ran so cold she didn’t know what to do. She couldn’t move. All she could do was see that blasted flag flash before her eyes, the one that haunted her every waking moment, and then again woke her up screaming in the night. No wonder the girl looked like she was fighting the urge not to kill her. Without a doubt, she probably was.

“I…I-I d-don’t know…” she felt sick. “I’m… I was… I didn’t mean… y-you…” She shouldn’t have come to this place. Her brother was right, it was like sending her to a death trap, one last act of revenge in spite for their victory in a conflict they themselves had declared.

“I didn’t… I-I didn’t s-start it. I-I mean, we didn’t start it, we… we just made it official!” Even as she said the same words her family had used, time and time again, she still regretted them. That didn’t stop the same jargon from pouring its way out of her as a last minute defense.

“W-we just put pen to paper, and made things official! We didn’t start anything, Daegarimn was at war with us long before the war actually started. I-I mean… You killed our duchess! That’s how the whole thing began! I-I… We… I didn’t…”

Sh-t.

Elina Blackwood

She watched as the girl stumbled for words, her composure clearly lost. She should have felt bad. This girl was kind, and the war wasn’t her fault. Yet, Elina’s anger prevented her from thinking straight. She blamed anyone associated with Cynaria, especially its princess.

“we didn’t start it, we… we just made it official“*

Elina’s scowl turned to a scoff. “Because that’s any better,” She said, and let out a small laugh. One without any joy. “Glad all you had to do was sign a paper. Meanwhile people fought. Died.” Her eyes darkened, brows lowered. Their voices were almost yelling. Her heart beat fast, from adrenaline, and maybe fear. She was talking like this in public. To a princess.

”Daegarimn was at war with us long before the war actually started. I-I mean… You killed our duchess! That’s how the whole thing began!”

“I don’t need a history lesson!” She hid her shaking hand behind her back. Deep breath. That didn’t help. Sound of horses neighing, then screaming rang in her ears. She forced the memory away. Not hard enough apparently, because she could still hear screaming, not from the horses this time. She swallowed, and schooled her features into a more neutral expression.

“You Cynarians have probably already twisted it anyways.”

Guinevere Nochellisum

People died…

“I… I know that!” How was she letting this girl get to her? She should have been strong, stood up for herself, shown the same strength as her kingdom like her brothers and sisters, but just being reminded of that. That because of that stupid war, she didn’t have all her brothers and sisters. “You don’t think we suffered just as much as you did?!”

“You Cynarians have probably already twisted it anyways.”

There came to be a sharp ringing in her ears, and all Guin could see was the hatred in the girls eyes, as if Guin had started the war on a whim. As if she had been the cause of all the pain and death and suffering. Tears started to blur her vision and she grit her teeth, kicking herself mentaly for not being strong like her brother had told her to be. I never wanted a war…

“Our history isn’t twisted. Just because it’s only ever written by the victors, doesn’t mean you have to take your sore loss out on me!”

There was a silence in the hall, as the other students could ignore the shouting no longer, but the words that escaped Guins mouth made even her regret the decision. She seemed to gag on them, blinking back the tears and wishing she could take back what she said. “I… I’m sorry… I didn’t mean…”

A door creaked open, and the echo it made seemed to set everyone on edge, but not nearly as much as the voice of the man on the other side of it.

The Deputy Headmaster, Sir Edward Clark, approached the two girls with a cold sense of importance that could silence anybody at will. He looked between them, sensing the anguish, and immediately looked around.

“Both of you… come with me, please.”

Though he kept his manners, it was clear the statement wasn’t a request. Guin looked up at Elina. Now they were both in trouble…

Elina Blackwood

“You don’t think we suffered just as much as you did?!”

“Clearly not enough!” She said, her voice loud and thick with emotion. She wished they would suffer more then they had. None of them did. Especially not the royal family. Her anger boiled again, riled by her words.

“Just because it’s only ever written by the victors, doesn’t mean you have to take your sore loss out on me!”

Elina’s eyes widened. What could she say to that? It’s not like the girl lied. A sore loss was right. Just not the loss Guinevere was thinking of. The girl quickly apologized after that, but it only fueled her anger, which now turned cold. Icy. Different from the burning emotions she felt before. She ignored Guinevere’s apologies, and glanced around. People were staring, then looking away uncomfortably.

Embarrassment burned into her face, she knew her aunt and uncle wouldn’t be proud. Especially when the Deputy Headmaster told them both, to come with him. Uh oh. Anger melted away to shame. She shouldn’t act like this. Not in front of everyone. She was almost glad to be walking away, back turned from everyone else looking.

The girl looked at her, but Elina looked away. She was ashamed her emotions got the better of her, but she didn’t regret her words. She just regretted the timing.

Guinevere Nochellisum

The cold shoulder that Lady Elina gave her, only made Guin feel worse about herself, and the words that had slipped out. If her father were there, she wasn’t sure if he would be proud for his daughter standing up for herself, or utterly disgusted by her brash and reckless behaviour. She hadn’t meant them, not really, she just…

“I trust you can both take a seat without killing each other. It is in our policy not to allow such things, after all.” Sir Clark muttered, stepping into the warm mahogany office and sitting himself in the large red leather chair behind his desk. Guin looked to the two satin chairs positioned next to each other. She bit her lip and glanced again at Elina, wondering if it would be worth letting her pick a seat first as a sort of peace gesture, but then again letting someone pick a seat was hardly a grand act worthy of forgiveness.

Sir Edward Clark

Sir Clark picked up his mug of coffee, looking down at the papers on his desk while at the same time keeping an eye on the two as he reached for their respective files. The files had been left on his desk at the same time as Carmel Brandt had stormed in to let him know of the potential fight already about to break out on the first day. Nay, the first hour. Lunch hadn’t even begun, and already the tensions were growing high. While he remained calm, even he couldn’t deny that while the students were understandably nervous, much of the staff were facing their own frustrations. From the complete c-ck up that morning thanks to an error on the roommate pairings, the headmistress herself taking a step out before dawn without so much as a ‘welcome’ to anybody, and now this. He sighed through his nose, rubbing his temple as he flicked through the files to the students names and kingdoms.

Of course, Cynaria and Daegarimn… Would the war between the two of them never truly end?

“So… I don’t suppose one of you has a reasonable explanation for the outburst you both gave not ten minutes into your arrival here at the Academy. I trust you received your letters. The words ‘all politics, rivalries, grudges, or vendettas should be left at home’, as it is strictly forbidden to exact any revenges while in attendance of the Mystveil community… Something along those lines, in any case.” He folded his arms, waiting for them to speak. He looked very much like a heavily disappointed father. Perhaps that was why so many feared making him angry…

Elina Blackwood

She noticed Guinevere’s lowered head and, perhaps, shameful expression. Not one she’d expect from a Cynarian Princess. It didn’t make her feel bad, but her explosive anger had calmed down significantly. Now lay the void of feeling she was used to. Elina also noticed her offer of a seat but interpreted it as hesitation. She blew a breath out and took a seat.

”I trust you received your letters. The words ‘all politics, rivalries, grudges, or vendettas should be left at home’, as it is strictly forbidden to exact any revenges while in attendance of the Mystveil community… “

She refrained from a roll of her eyes, and instead nodded at the words. She remembered reading the letter, and laughing. She understood the need to make it a rule but, they couldn’t actually expect vendettas to be “left at home” simply because they wrote it on paper. If they did think people from all over the world would come together and have no qualms, they’d be stupid. But she kept that from her face. Elina wasn’t only here for personal reasons, she was here to learn from one of the best. She didn’t plan on getting expelled, at least not on the first day.

She assessed the girl next to her. Princess Guinevere Nochellisum, third heir of Cynaria the words replayed in her mind. Yet, she didn’t seem like a princess, or nobility at all. And certainly not an heir of Cynaria. The girl was naive, she could tell. Weak. What was Elina thinking? Starting a fight with this girl. Keep you friends close but enemies closer. But Elina had done the exact opposite. In fact, if she could befriend this girl, that would make her plan a whole lot easier. The revelation grounded her, gave her the confidence to speak first. She knew Guinevere wasn’t going to.

“Yes, Sir I did read my letter. However, as I’m sure you can understand, leaving grudges behind aren’t as easy as one would expect.” Her voice was clear, strong this time, the opposite of what it was minutes ago. “But I do apologize for my outburst, it was unnecessary and untimely.” She hated the words, but she knew she’d hate being on his bad side more. “Perhaps us daegarimns are just sore losers,” she added, partly answering his first question, but mostly because she couldn’t help the petty part of her that referenced what Guinevere said earlier.

Guinevere Nochellisum

Guin took the other seat quickly after Elina took hers, and slid her hands childishly under her legs as she refused to look the deputy head in the eye. She was used to being told off by her dad, even her brother did the same thing from time to time, when their father had yet to notice and the problem was easy to sweep under the rug from him, but Sir Clark had a look that both made her feel guilty and fearful. She didn’t know why, it wasn’t like he had threatened any of them.

She winced as Elina referenced back to her outburst, still wishing she had never said it, but also annoyed that the girl would sell her out like that. What am I thinking, of course she would, she hates me. Five minutes in and she was already making enemies.

“I said I was sorry.” She muttered, scowling at the floor. “Besides, you started it. All I did was say my name, then you jumped on my kingdom like… like…” Like we were at war with yours… She hid her face again. She certainly wasn’t making this easier for either of them.

Sir Clark’s glare made that fact clear enough.

Sir Edward Clark

He sighed, still feeling the tensions in the room and rubbing his temple as he tried to figure the best way to fix things. “Regardless of who started what, or what was ‘written down’ compared to what you think should be expected…” He addressed both girls, looking at each of them while tapping his pen on the files before him. “…You are both here representing your families, your kingdoms, and more importantly now the Academy. As soon as you agreed to make your applications here, you agreed to act in the ways of the Mystveil Academy and display their morals for the rest of the world to see. The reason we ask for rivalries and anger to be left outside of this campus and its facilities is because the Academy needs to show its students are unified. Not that we harbour resentment… or potentially treasonous ideals.”

He leaned forward in his chair, reaching across the table for the booklet filled with blank official statements. “I’m sure you can understand, We took a great risk opening our doors to people from many different countries. Had we held the same bias as, say… Ridakar’s Academy, which only accepts pupils from the regions of Cynaria, or Harrinstal - who have decided to segregate its students following the events of the war, as a means to keep the peace - then perhaps you would both be looking at this very differently. Would you prefer we do such things? Seperate the school depending on alliances? Force students from losing battles in history to live outside of their dorms to protect those who won?”

To his surprise, Guin shook her head first, despite the fact that he was looking at Lady Elina when he spoke. He was glad to see the young princess at least had some shred of reality left in her. Even so, he scribbled down some notes on the statement, addressing it to Madame Katarina before sealing it with his signate. “Unfortunately for you, as this… unfortunate outburst was witnessed at the front of the academy, in perfect view of many rivalling students. I am unable to let this one slide. An example needs to be made to set the record straight for all of out fellow students to ensure they respect the zero tolerance on the subject.” He handed the slips over to each girl respectfully. “As such, you will be expected to attend detention this evening straight after dinner, no later than 9pm. You will also be expected to attend this together, so you will both report to Madame Katarina who is on Night Chaperone duty this evening for the girls dorm. I trust you can both work together to prove your dedication to the academy’s reputation, as much as it dedicates itself to yours?”

It wasn’t a question. if they didn’t show, then they would both be expelled, no doubt about it. Guin looked down at the slip, and across at Elina, hoping like heck she prized her education above her hatred of Cynaria, because if Guin got expelled…

Elina Blackwood

Elina opened her mouth to protest Guinevere’s words, but wisely decided against it after catching Sir Clarke’s glare. She instead looked straight at Sir Clarke while he talked, pressing her lips into a thin line.

“Separate the school depending on alliances? Force students from losing battles in history to live outside of their dorms to protect those who won?”

He looked directly at her, and she couldn’t help feel some resentment. It wasn’t just her fault. I did start the fight, another thought contradicted.

“…Suppose not.” She said, quiet.

As he continued to speak, fear grew in her stomach. Now there seemed to be a real chance of her getting expelled. A thought she hadn’t paid much attention to before. She imagined it, her coming home in a carriage probably worse then what she was in before. Her aunt looking at her, pitiful yet confused. She’s never acted out in public, her aunt would be disappointed. But, she wouldn’t yell wouldn’t scream. Probably wouldn’t punish her much. Even when sometimes she wished they would.

“As such, you will be expected to attend detention this evening straight after dinner, no later than 9pm.”

Relief flooded through her, short lived, as it followed with her having to spend it with Guinevere. She frowned.

It couldn’t be that bad, right? Worst comes to worst we sit in silence the whole time

Sir Edward Clark

“Very good. In that case, you are both excused. Hand your slips to Madame Katarina when you are finished with dinner. She will be taking the watch as your Night Chaperone for the girls dorm this evening, so you will find her in the living area of the South Wing.” He folded his hands on the desk as he looked them both in the eye in turn. “Perhaps, Lady Elina, you could show Princess Guinevere to her room in the Tower. Help her to settle in, and put aside your differences to instead find out what you both have in common.” He flipped through the young lady’s file, noting her fondness for horse riding and some of the achievements listed down on the papers, he smiled. “Perhaps the Princess can even tell you about her young thoroughbred that is being brought to our stables later this year. Once her father believes she had put enough effort towards her studies, of course.” He gave Guin a cold look as he finished that statement.

##Guinevere Nochellisum

Being reminded of the deal she had made with her dad did cheer her up just a little, but those thoughts were then squandered as she realized her being sent to detention on the first day was not exactly going to help her case. Ugh, this means I’m gonna need to get stupidly high grades, or join a nunnery or something, just to prove it was a mistake.

Sliding out of her chair, and taking her slip with her, Guin stepped out of the office and tried to calm her nerves from all of the tension that had followed. She was just glad to be free of Sir Clark’s crazy cold gaze, but he was partially right. She would need to make it back up to Elina if she wanted to help her case.

“So, um… Have you seen the dorms yet? I haven’t had the chance to visit them myself… I hear they’re, uh… pretty cool…” You sound like an idiot. Guin did an internal facepalm, while trying not to look so awkward as she smiled indeed very awkwardly. “Want to check them out?”

Elina Blackwood

Elina itched at Sir Clarke’s words. She wasn’t going to argue, but she despised being told what to do. She wanted to do the exact opposite but knew it wasn’t an option.

“Perhaps, Lady Elina, you could show Princess Guinevere to her room in the Tower.”

Her eyebrows flicked up. No. No way. No way was she going to show the cynarian to her room. She didn’t want to spend any more time with her then she had to. But a look at Sir Clarke told her she didn’t have a choice. She made her sigh noticeable, “Wonderful. I’d love to,” she mumbled with a frown. She took her time getting out of her seat, dreading the walk together.

“So, um… Have you seen the dorms yet? I haven’t had the chance to visit them myself… I hear they’re, uh… pretty cool…”

“I haven’t had the chance to visit them either, I’ve been a little busy." She said meaningfuly. Watching Guienevere stumble on her words, she thought, If this girl can’t keep a composure around me, what is she going to do in the real world? Elina knew there were people far more ferocious then her who would gladly see a Princess of Cynaria dead. She didn’t feel bad. How was she a Cynarian princess? Or even Cynarian?

At Guinevere’s invitation she spread a tight-lipped smile, “Do I really have a choice, princess?” She nodded her head in a direction and began walking, having a feeing the girl would follow. “Besides,” she continued down a hall, “You have the dorm information, and I haven’t a clue where we’re going.”

Guinevere Nochellisum

Guin flinched at the bite in Elina’s words. She wanted to be angry, and tell her that not everything was about her and her stupid kingdom, but she new that would only serve her a one way trip to expulsion and being sent home to her father who wouldn’t know what to do with here from there. She wrung her hands around her skirts, unable to stop scowling at the floor. Even as Elina strode past her, starting her way down the hall, Guin could feel her emotions writhing about inside her and making her sick. It was no wonder her kingdom despised the Daegrish. They were stubborn, coldhearted, mean, prideful,

“Do I really have a choice, princess?”

Guin felt herself snap, unable to hold back her anger despite standing right outside the deputy head’s office. “I’m trying to be nice, alright! The least you could do is stop being such a b-tch for five seconds, and give me a chance!”

She bit down her words, practically feeling the glare from inside the office as she ducked her head and preyed the door wouldn’t open. Keeping her head down, she hurried up to Elina and continued at a fast walk down the corridor, ears pricked for any sign of an angry teacher coming after her.

She didn’t even care if Elina followed after her, or if Sir Clark would check that they went to the dorms together as per his suggestion. All she knew was that she needed to get as far away from that office as possible before her shouting caught up to her and things ended super fast. She was practically jogging at this point. She didn’t even know where she was going.

Elina Blackwood

Elina’s eyes flashed open and she took a step back. That was more of what she expected. From a princess, but not Guinevere. She paused, almost admiring the girl’s actions. There an idea tickled her mind. One she hadn’t given any thought to before. It seemed, she gathered from Sir Clarke’s words, that Guinevere was close to her father. She at the least had contact with him. The ruler of Cynaria. No passionate, hot rage boiled. Only a calm, hatred for the King.

She walked, fast-paced not interested in another detention slip. Or another conversation with Sir Clarke

“Wait.” Her voice was softer now, resigned, though a certain sharpness to her voice could never be erased. “Look…I…I’m sorry. I can…be a ” She admitted with a wince, the words not coming out smooth. She shifted, and brushed a strand of hair back, uncomfortable. Apologies didn’t mix well with her, real and fake. To fill in the awkward silence that took hold, she asked, “Do you know where we are?” She didn’t notice anything around her, not that she’d notice much about the school anyways.

Columbus & Elise

@Skyler2 & @BrookieK

Countess Elise Ponsonbye

“Late! Again Elise!” The Earl scolded the young dark-haired lady who sat across from him in the carriage. “I have told you day and day again, punctual! Tell me, do you know what that means? Punctual?”

“It means to be on time, I know this. You mustn’t need to remind me.” She responded lightly, staring across at the brooding man who continued to mumble and lecture her as she spoke.

“You know why I have sent you here, don’t you? For that exact reason. You can’t act like a proper reason to save your life. What would possibly happen if you met someone important and acted like that? Hmm? Why you’d tarnish our name.” The Earl huffed and sat back in his seat. “I know you’re not used to this, being of common blood, but you can’t use that as an excuse. You can learn to be proper. And an easy start is being on time!”

“Oh come on now!” The girl countered, “how was I supposed to possibly control how quickly the laundry was done? Or that road-block? I couldn’t have.”

“You could’ve had your bags packed.”

“With what? I merely thought we were visiting the Baron. I didn’t know we were leaving for you to send me to some school!” she huffed, crossing her arms over her chest with a very unladylike slump to her posture and scowl etched on her face.

“well…nevermind that now, Elise. We have arrived. You will be home with me soon enough, once you’ve improved,” the Earl sighed, a complete mood change from the previous shouting. He stood and got out himself, a footman assisting the Countess as she stared in awe at the building before her. She gulped, stepping back only to bump into the Earl who placed a hand on her should, causing her to jump.

“I’m supposed to stay here?” She questioned, eyes darting between him and the building, “It’s…far bigger than what we are used to.”

“Indeed it is. Ensuring it will be much easier once you return home.”

Elise sighed as she looked around at the other nobles who must’ve also been late or come from further kingdoms than some others. “I will see you soon then,” She mumbled quietly to the Earl, receiving a kiss on the forehead in return before he shooed her off. The carriage went within minutes of the interaction.

One nod of the head and she brushed off her red dress 3 that the Earl had picked and fixed her hair which she’d pulled into a high, tight ponytail before starting towards the entrance, her footman Liam behind her. A good friend that she would greatly miss once he left.

Once inside she looked around, bending over in the slightest to look to the side before standing upright and aimlessly walking down the grand hall. Unsure of where to go, hoping, just hoping some student or staff member would spot her and offer direction. As she greatly did not want to have to ask for assistance, interaction like that would come later for her.

Columbus Eisenburg

Riding in his carriage, Columbus is already getting home sick. This carriage ride had not exactly been helpful. It seemed as though the driver was purposely riding going over every pot hole. No matter, for he could see Mystveil in the distance. I could probably get out and walk from here. But that seems improper. So he decides to sit and wait. Well more like bounce up and down and wait. Seriously! He thought angrily to himself, How many rocks are on this road?

Finay, they arrived. Without waiting for the driver to fully stop he jumps out, luggage in hand, to get a good look at this driver. They seemed to keep extremely attractive men as their drivers. All bronze, no brains. “Do you need glasses?” Columbus spoke, slightly annoyed. “Because, for some reason, you failed to see the extremely large rocks that you rode over!” Turning on his heel, he starts walking into the castle.

As he goes inside, he hears someone yell absolute profanity. I can’t blame him, Columbus thought, Maybe he had an incompetent driver as well. He gives him a slight smile and keeps walking. Noticing that the receptionist seemed tired and angry, he turns and starts to walk in a different direction. Noticing a young lady wandering around in a beautiful red dress, he walks up to her.

“Sorry if I sound rude, but you seem a bit lost.” She seemed a bit more than lost. Maybe she was uncomfortable because of the environment. It was a rather large school. With quite a few people. “Are you looking for something in particular?” Columbus didn’t really know his was around, but he was sure that they’d figure it out somehow. Worst case scenario they ask the seemingly annoyed receptionist.

Countess Elise Ponsonbye

Elise turned around on the back of her heal with a slight gasp as she heard someone speak behind her, supposedly to her. She clutched her bag tightly against her chest before stepping back, her cheeks growing red in embarrassment.

“Oh my goodness. I’m so sorry for that reaction.” She chirped before pausing, thinking about what he’d actually said to her. Originally she was too spooked to consider it, and yet she couldn’t just stare at him. For more reasons that one, that was for sure.

“I…ugh…,” she sighed, shaking her head, “I am lost, actually. More so than I’d thought. It’s not exactly looking for something, rather, unsure what you’re supposed to do once you arrive.” She explained.

“you don’t happen to know they way around or where we’re supposed to go by any chance, do you?” She sheepishly asked, perhaps a habit at this point. Being she’d be gone within seconds if the Earl saw her talking to a man.

Columbus Eisenburg

Her reaction did startle Columbus a bit. Was he really that scary? I mean, sure he was a bit miffed about the whole carriage thing. But he wasn’t trying to project that vibe to everyone. Just to the incompetent driver. “No, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have sneaked up on you like that.” He says earnestly.

“Well, I’m not too sure.” He was doing a good job at calming himself down. “But I assume that you get your dorm. But between you and me, the receptionist does not look happy. At all.” He looks over at the lady. “It’s a bit scary.” Columbus looks back at the girl. Cracking a smile. “Or you could chat with others.” Well, chat with me. “Oh, uh, Columbus Eisenburg.” He holds out his hand. Proper introductions are important in most establishments.

Countess Elise Ponsonbye

She sighed frowned, leaning over to look past him at the receptionist. A smile slightly surfaced to her face, 'I’ll admit, you’re very right on that. She does not look like she wants to be dealing with the lot of us noble kids." she laughed. And it was true. The permanent scowl and frown on the Lady’s face really spoke to mot bother her unless it’s extremely important. And Elise would not be the one to test out how she’d react.

She was knocked out of her thoughts for what felt like the thousandth time that day as the man introduced himself as Columbus Eisenburg. We she obviously had to introduce herself, right? Right.

She quickly curtsied a decently sloppy one, “C…Countess Elise Ponsonbye” she said, rising and shaking his hand lightly. “Lovely to meet you.” She nodded, “Mind my mouth but, what Kingdom do you come from?”

Columbus Eisenburg

“I think everyone has a hard time dealing with us noble kids.” Although he wasn’t technically a kid, he still felt like one. Well, technically, none of us were kids. We were all around college age.

I’d mind a thousand mouths if they all looked like that, what was he thinking? Columbus Eisenburg never had thoughts like that! Maybe he has a cold. Hopefully not, colds suck. Always coughing, and sniffling and having a fever. Being sick in general sucks . “Stormholt,” he replies, pulling himself out of his own thoughts. “However, I’m no one important. Just a simple lord.” Giving a gentle smile. Countess. Interesting. She didn’t seem to act like one. “And you? What kingdom has the honour of having a beautiful girl like yourself in their walls?”

Countess Elise Ponsonbye

Once again that sneaky blush crept to her cheeks. And yet, this time it wasn’t from embarrassment of her doing something stupid. No. It was because a man, her age around at the least had complimented her. Unfortunately, she knew it couldn’t be flirting. Even if she’d wished it to be.

“Daegarimn.” She blurted, covering her mouth before calming herself, “i’m from Daegarimn.” She responded, more calmed this time at least. Not nearly as quick and nervous.

“i’m sure there is no way you’re a simple…how did you put it…unimportant lord.”

It was true in her mind. Most lords and such were bland, high egos, flirting, and over all just *sswhole’s.;

“Well Lord Columbus, how old may you be that you attend this school?”

Columbus Eisenburg

“Daegarimn? Wow, they get all the pretty ones.” He smiles at her. Columbus was never the best at flirting. But he had always wanted to go to Daegarimn. After he’d heard how beautiful it was there. The way travelers had described it. It seemed that this magical haven. Of course they had the little issue of bandits. But that’s what weapons are for. Even though Columbus couldn’t use one to save his life. And if he went to Daegarimn, that could be the case. Besides, he wasn’t sure if he could stand another carriage ride like the one he just had.

“Trust me, anything’s possible.” He gives her a wink. What on earth is wrong with me? Maybe I’m dying. Obviously, this must be the problem. Trying to get away from whatever that was, Columbus quickly says “My parents were never of much importance. Then they both… died. So it was just me and I’m really no one.” ‘My parents died’ sounded a lot better than ‘My father was unrightfully executed for murdering my mom.’ The last thing Columbus wanted to do was go down that road.

“23.” I knew I was older than most of the people here. The school had not opened at a very good time. It would have been better, for him at least, if they opened a few years ago. Then Columbus would be able to gather more knowledge on the law. Beggars can’t be choosers. He reminds himself. Even though that saying doesn’t really apply to him. Seeing as he’s not a beggar. “And how old may you be, Miss Elise Ponsonbye?”

Countess Elise Ponsonbye

She hadn’t smiled so much in at least 2 years. It was nice. Light a load off of her shoulders that she no longer needed to carry for the moment. Perhaps this school the Earl forced her to go to would be good for her after all. Like a relief from all the stress of life. And yet, she was still cut off from so much of it.

The next thing she heard had her smile fall withing a second and her eyes grow wide.

Then they both… died.

“Died?!” SHe asked quickly before covering her mouth with her hands. “I…I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to be insensitive. It was just such a random point. N…not from you of course. I…I shouldn’t have…oh god” She sighed, biting her tongue to stop her rambling. In fact, she was slightly surprised Columbus hadn’t slapped her for it.

“I’m 19.” She responded quietly, her heart pounding, her chest aching in anticipation for something. Anthing bad to happen for her outburst and mumbling. She couldn’t help it. He’d mentioned the death of a parent, the first thing her mind went to was her father, then the Baron, and the Earl and her emotions just fell more and more and got the best of her.

“I’m sorry.”

Columbus Eisenburg

Obviously Columbus mentioning his parents was not a very good idea. “Hey, it’s fine. Death is a natural thing. They would’ve died some way,” trying to calm her down. “It’s my fault, really, I shouldn’t have brought it up.” Laughter’s the best medicine, Columbus thinks to himself. He hits himself on the forehead for even bringing it up. How on earth is rambling insensitive? I do it all the time, he was a bit surprised at how nervous this girl was.

“Ahh, to be 19 again. Actually 19 sucked. Believe it or not,” he leans down and whispers in her ear, “I’m not very good at talking with the ladies.” He then pulls away and says, “Well I’m not very good at talking to anyone for that matter.” He was trying to change the subject seeing as how much she seemed to be freaking out. At least it wasn’t extremely obvious.

Countess Elise Ponsonbye

When he leaned down to whisper to her Elise immediately on instinct and in routine flinched away from him. Looking at him in shock that he only whispered to her and then moved away. “I’d die to be 16 and never grow up again. Just never reach my age.” she muttered to herself .

“I have to say, you’re not the only one bad at talking. In fact, I’m not even supposed to be allowed to speak at anyone.” She responded.

“A man for that matter. If my Husband saw me talking to you, an eligible man around my age, well I’d be punished for at least good two weeks. the rambling would be another few days. Telling you about me is another week. That’s almost a month of continuous punishment. Add on to that not leaving the house, rations cut down.” She sighed.

“Its actually dangerous for either of us to be speaking”

Columbus Eisenburg

The way she flinched. Something wasn’t right. “Married?” Well now Columbus felt bad. Flirting with a married woman. “How can you be married? You’re 19.” This was probably the most surprising part to him. Of course she was beautiful, but she was still only a teenager.

“Punished?” He barely whispers. There’s no longer a smile on his face. He looks concerned. Columbus had heard of jealous and over protective, but this was a whole other level. “That seems a bit harsh, dont you think?” Columbus could barely keep himself from screaming. What moron let this delicate women marry some abusive ? “I’m so sorry.” In comparison, his parents seemed unimportant. “who… how… Why?” That was his main question. “Why would he treat you like that?” What terrible creature would treat someone like that. I swear to god, if this is some sexist I’ll go and kick his pompous, abusive myself. Columbus had never been strong. But hearing this definitely made the adrenaline start pumping through his veins. He could tackle an elephant right now. At least he felt like he could. He completely ignored her last comment. Right now, he didn’t care about what could happen to him. His only concern was her.

Countess Elise Ponsonbye

She sighed, crossing her arms over her chest in what was almost a self hug as she listened to Columbus, waiting for him to calm down a bit before she could explain the situation. And perhaps it was best they sat down. Nervously she glanced around before leading him to a set of empty chairs in the corner.

“yes, I’m 19. Yes, I’ve been married to the Earl for 2 years.” she bit her lip before continuing, “My father died when I was 17, within weeks my mother had re-married a Baron. It was the only way to support our family, as we were mill workers at the time. The Earls’s first wife had grown ill, and she will die soon. So he was offering a large sum of money…for a wife. For me. He wanted an adult bride, but I was 17, and by the time i was 18 I was allowed to legally refuse his marriage. So they came to a compromise. The Baron got the money and I was wedded to the Earl the day before my 18th birthday. I couldn’t refuse it, and he still got his bride.”

She looked up from her hands to Columbus, just to see his reaction before she continued, which she already knew would probably be anger and disgust.

“The Earl knows I was a mill worker. A poor, weak, unknowing and young girl. He uses that to his advantage. Some days the punishment is cutting out my rations for the week. To, as he says it, 'be treated like the animal I act like '.” She explained, “He has certain things he hates, like if i ramble on or mumble. Those times he’ll slap me. Either to quiet me or if i can cry out that loud I can speak that loud” She shrugged.

“he’s spent two years keeping me away from people, I’ve gone to galas and parties but i never left his side, and if he left mine I was only allowed to go to the corner of the room with one of his bodyguards. I suppose it’s drilled into my mind at this point that I’ll always be doing something wrong. That I can’t speak to people, i’m a freak. That I’m a wife who was sold to him. He gave money for me so I am his property to use and yell at and punish as he pleases…”

“I’ve tried fighting back. But a 19 woman versus a 36 year old man who is skilled in combat is really no even match”

Columbus Eisenburg

Columbus knew this wasn’t right. At least it shouldn’t be. Was this Earl really so ugly that he had to buy himself a girlfriend. “But. You, you. But.” This was the first time that he had ever been at a loss for words. He usually had something funny or quippy to respond with. But this time, he was completely serious, “That’s terrible. I… don’t know what to say.” Why would her mom let something like that happen? Well, Columbus knew the reason. Money. But that’s still not a good enough reason to do that to your daughter.

“Has no one noticed your absence?” Did no one really care that this girl was being treated this way? Or maybe that’s just how people are in Gigariamn. “Just because he bought you, doesn’t mean that your he’s little doll.” Then the thought of something terrible crept into his mind. “Have you lost your virginity to him?” Although part of him already knew the answer.

But soon after that, he thought of an idea. “What if you ran away? If you escaped. You could come with me to Stormholt. Or you could live on the outskirts.” It wasn’t the best plan. And it would definitely need some tweaking, but it could work. If she’s not strong enough to fight, then flight. Do what all great kingdoms do when they know they’re outnumbered. Retreat.

Countess Elise Ponsonbye

She sighed, looking down at her hands and around. Her eyes landed on a man in armour watching the people walk by, by never looking away from the pair of Elise and Columbus.

“Well, the Earl would notice, he sent me here because he decided, in his words, I was too animalistic for him to tame himself,” she shrugged, “as for my mother, siblings and the Baron…well I doubt they have much of an effect, being they haven’t visited or seen me since the wedding” she explained

“Have you lost your virginity to him?”

Columbus asked the question, she nearly laughed at how obvious it was. “Of course I have, i would be a horrible wife if I haven’t. Though, the Baron, my stepfather, takes pride in claiming I was his before the Earl.” She took a breath to continue before Columbus suggested running away.

“Are you insane?! He has people watching me 24/7. If we even tried to rn to Stormholt hell track me down. In fact he knows the royals where I’m from. You’ll be framed for kindap, face a terrible death, and he’ll have even worse punishments that I’ve ever felt before.”

“I want to, i do, trust me. But it’s not just dangerous for us, but for Srormholt and my family”

Bronwyn & Adam

@LTea & @Skyler2

Adam Riposte & Belladonna Sinclair

“… so, say there was a monster with three heads; one could breathe fire, the second could spit acid, and the third could read your mind and find the exact words to cut down your self esteem. Which head to you slice first? because if you ask me, a verbally abusive head may sound harmless, but can you imagine the lasting consequences? How much therapy would you need after that fight? And you have to ask yourself, how bad is acid and fire really in comparison to the serious issues here. Physical scars will always heal, but emotional ones-…”

Adonna groaned and whacked her riding companion in the ribs with her elbow, keeping her hands on the reigns as the horse snorted and flicked its ears back to them. “Adam, will you ever shut up?”

As they were riding together, squashed onto the same horse thanks to Adam’s refusal to ‘splash his cash’ on a second one, there wasn’t much else she could do to get any peace and quiet while they slowly made their way towards their destination. She could feel Adam behind her, childishly whining and holding his side with one hand, his other hand also clutching the reigns as he had technically been the one steering until she had decided to hit him in the side.

“You’re cruel, you know that…” He murmured, making a dramatic show of trying to breathe in. “… maybe you should have been one of the heads.”

“Maybe you should have kept your mouth shut after my last warning, back at the tavern.” She growled, not that it would do her much good as showing he was getting on her nerves only egged the idiot on. Smirking, pain forgotten, Adam leaned over her shoulder and took the reins again.

“Oh, was that the last warning? I couldn’t tell. I’d practically lost count after the seventh or eighth one back at the crossroads in Kadin. So, wait, was the tavern also a warning about me not sleeping around then, or was that whole incident just about me keeping my mouth shut. Because you know, there are ways to have without opening my-”

He grunted as another, sharper, hit to the side really did make him take a winded breath in. Belladonna scowled back at him, face as red as a rosebud in June, crossing her arms and surprising the horse in the process. “Both.”

He nodded “Gotcha. Won’t do it again.”

“Don’t lie. We both know you will.” She rolled her eyes. “Just save it until we get to Mystveil, and I no longer have to deal with you.”

“Harsh, Princess. What makes you say you won’t want to deal with me when we get there. For all you know, the place is filled with snubs and snobs. I could be a saint to you compared to them.” He set himself back on the horse, clearly discomforted by the growing ache in his side. After the long ride, and many repeats of the same routine, he had no doubt that a bruise would eventually make its appearance. “Must you insist on wearing that infernal getup? You know those elbow pads only add padding to you, right? You can do some serious damage to me if you continue treating me like a punching bag, you know.”

“No I couldn’t, don’t be ridiculous. The worst they will do is make my reminder actually stick.” She muttered, though she did subconsciously glance back as a thread of doubt wound its way into her mind. If she had actually hurt him, she would never forgive herself, which was why Adam never thought to say anything about it beyond whining. She turned back to the road ahead, noticing the carrages that were slowly making their way past, her hand jumping to the sword at her side.

Adam shook his head, a small smirk back on his lips as he steered their ride over to the far side, giving way. “I know we got roughed up by those bandits on the way here, but not everyone who comes towards us is gonna try to mug us, Princess.”

Adonna scowled. “I know that. I just… want to make sure. Be prepared. I’m not crazy.”

“Never said you were. Not that I said you weren’t, either, but you’re in your armour now so what more can you do. They won’t try again. They’re too far behind us now even if they wanted to.”

She shrugged, the metal sheets protecting her body clinking as she moved, a sound she grew to appreciate following that unfortunate encounter. “That doesn’t mean someone else won’t. Just because I’m not in a dress-”

“Yes, what did happen to that lovely gown you had on before we got here. I mean, one minute you had your carrying case and the next you ditched it for your current… attire. I liked the country girl look! It made you look sweet, innocent…”

“… Weak?”

“… Sexy.” Adam finished, and again the blush returned to her cheeks. “What happened to that corset as well, because out of all the sharp edges I’m feeling right now, I know that is no longer one of them.”

Adonna suddenly became aware of the distance that had closed between them once again, and more so the arms that were close to her waist, the feel of his breath on her neck as he snuck in for yet another signature grin. She gave him a look, that only made him chuckle, until she could find her words and returned the smirk.

“You do realize that corset was fixed with at least seven different knives, right?”

His smile dropped, remembering it, and how each and every knife was now blood coated and discarded in several highwayman corpses many miles back. He grumbled, leaning back again. “Why do you always have to ruin the fun. What’s your obsession with stitching weapons into perfectly good bits of clothing as well?!”

She chortled. “Keeps idiots like you from overstepping boundaries.”

He rose a brow. “Oh, I’m sorry, am I overstepping my boundary with you? From what I recall, we didn’t have any boundaries, at least, not if I remember that night when-”

Shutting him up by pulling back suddenly on the reigns, the horse gave a small start and Adam had to hold on to the saddle just to keep his balance, going to protest until the same thing that had caught her eye soon caught his. Brows shooting up, Adam made a wolf whistle to the guy driving the carriage made of wicker and painted with the Ujamaan flag. Adonna caught her eyes wandering, and looked away for the sake of decency. Adam did the complete opposite.

“Daaaang, now I wish I had splashed out on our own carriage driver! Where do I sign up to work for them?”

“Do you have no modesty?!”

He looked at her, seriously. “Donny, have you ever known me to show a single shred of modesty? Like… ever?”

No. No she hadn’t.

Taking the reigns back from her, Adam clicked his tongue and nudged the horse into a smooth canter, getting them the last stretch of the way as nerves bit into Adonna like a swarm of mites. He was right, what if everyone there was higher than her? What if there were royals there, and she was the only one to have given up her lands and title, abandoning her people for the sake of her own selfish desires? What would they think? Her, alone in the household of a family known for being deviants and rebels and hated throughout Rhytora?

Oh, gods, what if people from my kingdom are there? A girl, becoming a squire… To them, the very idea was outlandish. Her uncle had proven the opinions of her choices as well as any man, but to hear it from her betters. From other girls, of higher rank… from the princes or princess?

“Hey, calm down, we’re almost there.” Adam’s voice broke through the storm in her mind, as Adonna looked up to see the castle slowly coming into view. Mystveil Academy. It was more beautiful then either one of them could ever have imagined.

Riding in through the tall silver gates, Adam pulled their buckskin 3 stallion into a halt, and sat back as he let Belladonna dismount. He was surprised when a stable boy came rushing forward to help take their horse and any belongings they had with them. Sadly, there was little that he could offer them, considering Adam had planned to have their things sent directly by mail in an attempt to help them leave the kingdom undetected. With Belladonna’s Uncle still on the lookout for his niece, they had to be sneaky, and they had agreed that a carriage load of luggage for the both of them would be too risky.

He instead just handed the reigns over, and murmured his thanks as he watched his companion take in the Academy. To her, it was probably like visiting home all over again. Shoving his hands in his coat pockets 3 Adam let out a small sigh through his nose as he joined her and looked up at the majestic and impressive old building.

“Doesn’t look like the stuffy old castle they made it out to be in the brochures, huh.” He said, offering a small smile as Adonna acknowledged him and returned to her survey of the place.

“No… it really doesn’t.”

He squeezed her shoulder reassuringly, mindful of her armour 5 and those blasted elbow pads hidden beneath her dark tunic. “Come on, then. Lets go and make ourselves comfey.”

She watched as he went up the steps, taking a moment to doubt everything before forcing herself to take a deep breath and square her shoulders. This was the first day. She wouldn’t ruin everything by appearing doubtful or weak, she could do this. Brushing back a few loose strands of hair, she put her hand on the hilt of her blade 4, and readied herself.

With yet another long and bated breath… she slowly started after him.

Bronwyn Thompson

What a sad, pathetic little man Bronwyn thought as she looked at her driver. He was a small, pale man with barely any muscles. He probably couldn’t even grow a beard if he tried. It was always sad when men couldn’t grow beards. It means that they have little testosterone. Part of her wanted to go out and ride the horse herself. Just leave the man alone with the carriage. No, that wouldn’t work. He’s not strong enough to survive out here himself. Even if he was only out here for a few hours. So instead she looks at the dark brown stallion, trying to decide on a name.

After that adventure, she climbs out of the carriage. Her long elegant dress 3, she wasn’t completely satisfied with the colour. But it would do. For now. However, it was completely perfect in the sense that it wasn’t too informal. But it wasn’t too formal either. She had brought a wide range of clothing for every occasion. “Just drop off my bags in my room,” Bronwyn turned around to look at the driver. Sizing him up she adds, “If you can’t carry all my things let me know. I’ll get someone else to do it.” Turning on her heel she enters the castle.

I do feel bad for that little midget. She thinks to herself, I did bring quite a few suitcases. Not paying attention to her surrounding, she bumps into a man. Looking up at the tall stranger, her mouth drops. “Wow,” she sighs. Now this is a man. Why couldn’t he be the one carrying my bags? “I’m Bronwyn,” I slight smirk forming at the corner of her mouth. “Who are you?” She tries to will herself to take a step back, but her legs seem to have stopped working.

Adam Riposte

Feeling a light nudge behind him, barely able to knock him forward a pace, Adam turned to find a very sweet - and yet not-so-innocent maybe - looking girl. He cocked his head, smirk playing at his lips at the fact that she made no effort to hide the apparent appeal he clearly had on her, and he chuckled at the demand for his name.

“Me? Why, by the looks of things I’m just your darkest desires made real, but don’t worry I think at least one of them requires me to be a gentleman.” It wasn’t so much a desire, as he knew Donny would wring his neck if he did anything too crazy on the first day. That didn’t mean he couldn’t have fun, of course. Dipping into a low bow, if only to mask the wandering eyes as he checked her out, Adam smiled at met her eyes again. She was quite the pretty little thing.

“Adam. Adam Riposte, if it makes it any easier, but I doubt it would because we don’t get around often.” Oh what a lie that was. Still, he folded his arms across his chest as he smiled innocently. “Did you have a nice trip, then, or was that all a calculated attempt to get better acquainted with me and make it look like an unsuspecting accident, because if that was the case… you could have just said.” he winked.

Bronwyn Thompson

His comment had threw Bronwyn off a little. Me? Why, by the looks of things I’m just your darkest desires made real, but don’t worry I think at least one of them requires me to be a gentleman. she wanted to scoff at it. But part of it was true. She leans in and whispers in his ear, “Oh, if you only knew how little I care about gentlemen.” She might as well have some fun with this man while she’s here. She pulls back and gives a smirk.

Adam Riposte. He was right, Bronwyn had never heard such a name. Maybe that was for the better. That way no one could tell someone about their little ‘mishap.’ “Well, I must say, I was wondering if my scrawny little driver could carry all my luggage. Bumping into you was just an added bonus.” She crosses her arms to mimic him. She leans in close and whispers in his ear, “Trust me, I would have talked to you eventually. How could I ever not? Someone as attractive as you should never be ignored.” Trying to decide whether to stay close to his ear, or pull away again. Deciding to stay, she moves her foot so that she can get closer.

5 Likes

Musa and Kanika

An egg-shaped wicker chariot, painted with vibrantly colored dye in various sigils and patterns, drew closer to the Academy. The team of muscular black horses pulling the chariot had also been painted with bright patterns that had began to rub off from the horses’ sweat. Curtains of sheer, colorful silk hid the riders inside the chariot, and the driver urging on the stallions was a bare-chested boy wearing oddly formal slacks. The sweat on his midnight skin glistened in the sunlight and ran down his toned abs.

The chariot arrived before the Academy’s imposing doors, and the driver stepped down from his seat and walked to the side of the chariot, drawing back the curtain and holding a hand out to the rider inside. A petite, dark-skinned young woman wearing a jewled head wrap 8 and an intricately-beaded gown 7 took his hand and beamed up at the Academy as the young man helped her out of the chariot. “Look, Musa!” The girl gushed in her native language. “We’ve arrived! Can you believe it? We’re finally here, on the mainland! Are you as ready to learn as I am, dear brother?” She looked to the boy and noticed his exposed chest. “Musa!” She said sternly. “You must put on your jacket! We are in civilization now, and it is indecent and uncivilized here to walk around exposed!” She picked up a finely-embroidered suit jacket 5 from the chariot’s driver’s seat and thrusted it into his arms. The boy sighed and reluctantly put the jacket on. “If we were not in such polite company, dearest sister, I would wrestle you to the ground here and now.” “And I would win!” The girl teased him, and they both laughed. The boy offered her his hand and led her inside the Academy.

(approachable) Yes, I copy and pasted my first post from the last RP. No, I do not care.

3 Likes

Lady Cordelia Remondin

Cordelia was sitting alone in her family’s velvet upholstered carriage, thinking. She had been out of the kingdom’s cells a month and it hadn’t been long before she was up to her same old antics. Attempting to single-handedly level the kingdoms classes by forcefully and sneakily sharing the wealth of others out to those less fortunate. If only she hadn’t taken that route home, then she wouldn’t have been caught again and wouldn’t be on her way here. Not going that way would have meant not running into the Commodore and him not being adamant that she attended this school. It being only an idea before that.

Now Cordelia sat there in the carriage, facing forward, in her most comfortable attire. Her legs stretched out on the opposite facing seat, ankles crossed, her hands softly rubbing the velvet seat under her. Not paying too much attention, she didn’t see the school until they halt, flying out of the door before anyone could open it. Cordelia was not waiting around for anyone to serve her. However, she still left her luggage behind, knowing the etiquette of such places; luggage was to be carried by the commoner or worker. As to keep up appearances, Cordelia couldn’t, she must act like the lady her father insisted she was. At least for now.

Walking inside, Cordelia looked around the room, seeing people, near about to her age, milling about and in conversation. She strolled over at a brisk pace and stood in front of one. Tilting her head downward slightly, her pupils shot upwards so that she looked as if she was looking at the student through her eyebrows.
“Princess or Commoner?”, Cordelia asked bluntly. Then added a little more after realising it may have seemed a little too rude to receive an answer, “Only making a… friendly list.”

APPROACHABLE to whoever wants to be that person.

Lady Mercy Alaoui

Mercy raced along, all the way to the school. Well, no, Mercy’s didn’t. It was actually Mercy’s horse, Flora. She had left home wearing attire that was both comfortable and could be passable for the first day at this school. Her mother had told her to take in all of the building and its architecture, memorise every detail so that she could return home and tell her mother and father all about it. Mercy thought of nothing worse. The whole ride there, Mercy was dreading the impending year and the people she would have to cohabit and study with. This was her idea of hell, but her parents’ idea of teaching her how to be a lady. Something she didn’t want to be, nor did she think she could be.

Mercy pulled on Flora’s reins, slowing her down to a canter. Her prison was looming up ahead and she was heading straight for it. A few minutes later, she halted her horse by pulling back on his reins. Dismounting gracefully, she held on tightly to Flora’s reins when she saw one of the school’s hands approaching her.
“Shall I, miss-”
“No,” Mercy barked at her, making the tiny girl hold her tongue. She was upset with where she was and was in no mood to communicate with people. “Where are the stables?”
The girl didn’t speak, only lifted a trembling finger to point in the direction. Mercy stormed off in that direction, leading her horse. When she was there, she started brushing Flora down and feeding her some hay.

APPROACHABLE - In the stables

5 Likes

:cyclone:Malo Traduro-Gavishea

Malo watched the academy as it rose up in the distance. the carriage his half-brother and king had chosen specifically for him to make some grand sort of entrance in, trundled along beside him, empty save for the few chosen belongings Malo had thought to take with him. It had been a long journey. A welcome one, an a good excuse to be out of the sad and war-torn kingdom he had begun to grow far to used to, but the long travel had taken its tole on him to the point where his nerves had all but simmered and died out a while ago. Beside him, the footman and carriage driver exchanged casual stories. They had practically ignored the young prince since their journey began. He didn’t blame them. Several years ago, before this whole war thing began, he would have thought to do the same. Royalty and commoners just weren’t the type to mix. Their worlds, they were just far too different for the other to understand, and thanks to King Hadrion, Malo would not be getting his common life back. Watching them talk. He sorely missed it.
“We should be there shortly, your highness.” the man piped up, a supportive smile on his face, as they continued along their way. “Perhaps you would like to change before arriving? Into, uh, something more appropriate? Maybe?”
Malo glanced down at himself, and what he had spent the majority of his travels wearing “Is my attire not good enough for them, you think?”

Though his question was genuine, the coachman gave a look that suggested he thought otherwise of it, and said nothing more. Malo supposed that maybe he had been right. After all, he had refused to spend the entire ride trapped in the cold little box of a carriage, and the ride had not helped to tame his windswept hair or dusty clothes. He let out a sigh, looking up to the academy again. This really wasn’t a good idea.

He had to believe otherwise. His mother and kingdom, after all, depended on it. If his half brother decided that at any point, Malo wasn’t doing his part? Well, he could only fear what cold-hearted things would await anything he thought to hold dear. Hadrion had made himself perfectly clear when he had approached Malo, back when the Wolf King was still alive, when hope was still there. If he did anything wrong, or stepped out of line…
“Your Highness, we’re here.”
Malo snapped out of his daze. Dismounting his destrier, he looked around and did his best to not look unimpressed. He was, truly, the place was a marvel. It was just a long way away from what he could ever call or consider home. His horse snorted, tugging at the reigns, and Malo reluctantly passed them over to one of the footmen. The place was bustling. Almost as busy as the market place, or the city center when the great bonfires were lit.

“You should go find your rooms, sire. We’ll have your bags sent up then and-”
“Don’t worry about it.” Malo said, interrupting and grabbing his single bag, swinging it over his shoulder with ease. He was still getting used to the idea of people serving him. He prefered to just do it himself, and besides, he only had one bag to carry. “Make sure Samson gets watered.”
The man nodded, leading his stallion away, and leaving Malo to once again wonder what it even was he was doing at such a place. With another deep breath, he started up the steps.
“Whelp, here goes nothing I guess…”

APPROACHABLE

:ear_of_rice:Oscar Xian

Lounging over the simplistic wooden cart seat, Oscar stared aimlessly into the skies, and let his mind wander as he hummed tunelessly to himself. He hadn’t bothered with anything fancy, besides a nice jacket maybe. He wasn’t one to show off like the rest, and after all his family didn’t even know where he was going besides that he had secured a place at an esteemed academy and had found his own transport and means of getting there. The old farmer that had been happy to give the young lord a lift grinned like a fool as they approached the castle. Oscar gave it one glance, then returned to his casual humming.
“Well, aren’t you excited lad? Just look at this place, it’s like nothing I’ve ever seen!”
Oscar shrugged. “The Elarin palace is pretty cool too, but things like that… well, once you’ve seen one, haven’t you seen them all?”
The old man shook his head, looking disappointed before returning to his grinning as he took everything in. Oscar frowned as he saw a rare kind of bird swoop low in the branches of a nearby tree. Cocking his head, he wondered if it was a special type of songbird, or if maybe it was just a unique looking pigeon. It was surely too big to be a songbird that he knew… Then again, it was too colourful to be a pigeon.
“Well, here we are then!”

Turning back to the matter at hand, Oscar rolled his neck and slid out of the back of the cart, the old man helping him to offload his things. A footman helped, and mentioned something about rooms and where he could find out who his roommate would be. Oscar just wandered about for a second, looking at the place properly, frowning mostly as he wondered what all the hype was about. Sure, the place was stunning, but really…
“Go on, lad! You should at least introduce yourself. Who knows, maybe you’ll meet a beautiful princess!”
Oscar had to laugh at the man’s enthusiasm. Chuckling to himself, he picked up his banjo case and shouldered one of his bags, leaving the rest to the footman who insisted once and ran off before Oscar had the chance to protest. Truth was, Oscar didn’t care much about princesses, or finding any girl that beautiful. He didn’t care about making new friends, he just wanted to see if he could learn something useful. Maybe, find out what it was he felt he had been missing all these years. Blowing a strand of hair from his face, he regarded the school once more, and considered looking for the room that had been mentioned.

Instead, he found himself walking to a quiet place, finding a nice shady tree to sit under, and promptly sat with his face to the canopee. He didn’t feel like doing anything that day. All he wanted, was a much needed nap. And this… this was a good place.

APPROACHABLE

:rose:Adam Riposte:chess_pawn:Belladonna Sinclair

“… so, say there was a monster with three heads; one could breathe fire, the second could spit acid, and the third could read your mind and find the exact words to cut down your self esteem. Which head to you slice first? because if you ask me, a verbally abusive head may sound harmless, but can you imagine the lasting consequences? How much therapy would you need after that fight? And you have to ask yourself, how bad is acid and fire really in comparison to the serious issues here. Physical scars will always heal, but emotional ones-…”
Adonna groaned and whacked her riding companion in the ribs with her elbow, keeping her hands on the reigns as the horse snorted and flicked its ears back to them. “Adam, will you ever shut up?”

As they were riding together, squashed onto the same horse thanks to Adam’s refusal to ‘splash his cash’ on a second one, there wasn’t much else she could do to get any peace and quiet while they slowly made their way towards their destination. She could feel Adam behind her, childishly whining and holding his side with one hand, his other hand also clutching the reigns as he had technically been the one steering until she had decided to hit him in the side.
“You’re cruel, you know that…” He murmured, making a dramatic show of trying to breathe in. “… maybe you should have been one of the heads.”
“Maybe you should have kept your mouth shut after my last warning, back at the tavern.” She growled, not that it would do her much good as showing he was getting on her nerves only egged the idiot on. Smirking, pain forgotten, Adam leaned over her shoulder and took the reins again.
“Oh, was that the last warning? I couldn’t tell. I’d practically lost count after the seventh or eighth one back at the crossroads in Kadin. So, wait, was the tavern also a warning about me not sleeping around then, or was that whole incident just about me keeping my mouth shut. Because you know, there are ways to have sex without opening my-”
He grunted as another, sharper, hit to the side really did make him take a winded breath in. Belladonna scowled back at him, face as red as a rosebud in June, crossing her arms and surprising the horse in the process. “Both.”
He nodded “Gotcha. Won’t do it again.”
“Don’t lie. We both know you will.” She rolled her eyes. “Just save it until we get to Mystveil, and I no longer have to deal with you.”
“Harsh, Princess. What makes you say you won’t want to deal with me when we get there. For all you know, the place is filled with snubs and snobs. I could be a saint to you compared to them.” He set himself back on the horse, clearly discomforted by the growing ache in his side. After the long ride, and many repeats of the same routine, he had no doubt that a bruise would eventually make its appearance. “Must you insist on wearing that infernal getup? You know those elbow pads only add padding to you, right? You can do some serious damage to me if you continue treating me like a punching bag, you know.”
“No I couldn’t, don’t be ridiculous. The worst they will do is make my reminder actually stick.” She muttered, though she did subconsciously glance back as a thread of doubt wound its way into her mind. If she had actually hurt him, she would never forgive herself, which was why Adam never thought to say anything about it beyond whining. She turned back to the road ahead, noticing the carrages that were slowly making their way past, her hand jumping to the sword at her side.

Adam shook his head, a small smirk back on his lips as he steered their ride over to the far side, giving way. “I know we got roughed up by those bandits on the way here, but not everyone who comes towards us is gonna try to mug us, Princess.”
Adonna scowled. “I know that. I just… want to make sure. Be prepared. I’m not crazy.”
“Never said you were. Not that I said you weren’t, either, but you’re in your armour now so what more can you do. They won’t try again. They’re too far behind us now even if they wanted to.”
She shrugged, the metal sheets protecting her body clinking as she moved, a sound she grew to appreciate following that unfortunate encounter. “That doesn’t mean someone else won’t. Just because I’m not in a dress-”
“Yes, what did happen to that lovely gown you had on before we got here. I mean, one minute you had your carrying case and the next you ditched it for your current… attire. I liked the country girl look! It made you look sweet, innocent…”
“… Weak?”
“… Sexy.” Adam finished, and again the blush returned to her cheeks. “What happened to that corset as well, because out of all the sharp edges I’m feeling right now, I know that is no longer one of them.”
Adonna suddenly became aware of the distance that had closed between them once again, and more so the arms that were close to her waist, the feel of his breath on her neck as he snuck in for yet another signature grin. She gave him a look, that only made him chuckle, until she could find her words and returned the smirk.
“You do realize that corset was fixed with at least seven different knives, right?”
His smile dropped, remembering it, and how each and every knife was now blood coated and discarded in several highwayman corpses many miles back. He grumbled, leaning back again. “Why do you always have to ruin the fun. What’s your obsession with stitching weapons into perfectly good bits of clothing as well?!”
She chortled. “Keeps idiots like you from overstepping boundaries.”
He rose a brow. “Oh, I’m sorry, am I overstepping my boundary with you? From what I recall, we didn’t have any boundaries, at least, not if I remember that night when-”

Shutting him up by pulling back suddenly on the reigns, the horse gave a small start and Adam had to hold on to the saddle just to keep his balance, going to protest until the same thing that had caught her eye soon caught his. Brows shooting up, Adam made a wolf whistle to the guy driving the carriage made of wicker and painted with the Ujamaan flag. Adonna caught her eyes wandering, and looked away for the sake of decency. Adam did the complete opposite.
“Daaaang, now I wish I had splashed out on our own carriage driver! Where do I sign up to work for them?”
“Do you have no modesty?!”
He looked at her, seriously. “Donny, have you ever known me to show a single shred of modesty? Like… ever?”
No. No she hadn’t.

Taking the reigns back from her, Adam clicked his tongue and nudged the horse into a smooth canter, getting them the last stretch of the way as nerves bit into Adonna like a swarm of mites. He was right, what if everyone there was higher than her? What if there were royals there, and she was the only one to have given up her lands and title, abandoning her people for the sake of her own selfish desires? What would they think? Her, alone in the household of a family known for being deviants and rebels and hated throughout Rhytora?
Oh, gods, what if people from my kingdom are there? A girl, becoming a squire… To them, the very idea was outlandish. Her uncle had proven the opinions of her choices as well as any man, but to hear it from her betters. From other girls, of higher rank… from the princes or princess?
“Hey, calm down, we’re almost there.” Adam’s voice broke through the storm in her mind, as Adonna looked up to see the castle slowly coming into view. Mystveil Academy. It was more beautiful then either one of them could ever have imagined.

Riding in through the tall silver gates, Adam pulled their buckskin stallion into a halt, and sat back as he let Belladonna dismount. He was surprised when a stable boy came rushing forward to help take their horse and any belongings they had with them. Sadly, there was little that he could offer them, considering Adam had planned to have their things sent directly by mail in an attempt to help them leave the kingdom undetected. With Belladonna’s Uncle still on the lookout for his niece, they had to be sneaky, and they had agreed that a carriage load of luggage for the both of them would be too risky.
He instead just handed the reigns over, and murmured his thanks as he watched his companion take in the Academy. To her, it was probably like visiting home all over again. Shoving his hands in his coat pockets, Adam let out a small sigh through his nose as he joined her and looked up at the majestic and impressive old building.
“Doesn’t look like the stuffy old castle they made it out to be in the brochures, huh.” He said, offering a small smile as Adonna acknowledged him and returned to her survey of the place.
“No… it really doesn’t.”

He squeezed her shoulder reassuringly, mindful of her armour and those blasted elbow pads hidden beneath her dark tunic. “Come on, then. Lets go and make ourselves comfey.”
She watched as he went up the steps, taking a moment to doubt everything before forcing herself to take a deep breath and square her shoulders. This was the first day. She wouldn’t ruin everything by appearing doubtful or weak, she could do this. Brushing back a few loose strands of hair, she put her hand on the hilt of her blade, and readied herself.

With yet another long and bated breath… she slowly started after him.

Adam - Unaproachable (See Past Posts)
Belladonna - APPROACHABLE

3 Likes

:maple_leaf:Guinevere Nochellisum

Guin glanced over at Elina as she apologised, mildly surprised that the girl had actually admitted it, and she looked away before a slip of guilt could make her say anything else. She had meant it, after all, Guin had been nothing but good and friendly just as people wanted her to be. She had been looking forward to Mystveil for a long time, but now things only seemed to be going further and further downhill. Maybe we can switch it arround? Make a friend, and make Dad proud? She was Daegrish, so if she could befriend Elina…
With a huff, Guin slowed her pace so Elina could keep up. Looking sullen, she cast her eyes to a nearby window, pretending to be more interested in the outside as she mumbled her apology.
“I’m… I’m sorry for blaming you. It wasn’t… It wasn’t your fault that we went to war, and Daegarimn didn’t start anything… And you’re not a b-tch…” She rubbed her neck boyishly, before looking around at her question.
“Um… no, I was just kind of… walking? I think we’re by the classrooms… they look like class doors, or teachers offices… I don’t know you kind of distracted me.” She looked down at the map in her hand, turning it about and trying to get her bearings. “Do you see anything that says ‘Auditorium’? or maybe… Science department?”

@Wingsoffire - Elina

:rose:Adam Riposte

Adam couldn’t help be slightly suprised and at the same time wholefully invested as the young lady stepped up to whisper flirtatiously in his ear. As if his ego needed preening anymore then it already was, he gave a low chuckle and glanced around to check they didn’t have an audience.
“Believe me, Sweetheart, someone as attractive as me finds their way into any spotlight. We don’t need the assistance.” He leaned back, giving her a look that gleamed with mischief as he tilted his head at her, taking in her breathtaking features once more. If my brothers knew just how many gorgeous faces there were… The school would have been overrun with crazed young men, so it was probably best he didn’t tell any of them. Instead he enjoyed the attention he had, and lifted Bronwyn’s chin with a brush of his finger.
“So, I don’t suppose you’ve just arrived, then? I could be a gentleman and offer to take your bags, but if you really don’t care for that kind of thing, then I could always be a man and offer to take your clothes.” His grin was sly, but the amusement was still evident. He was just loving this…

@Skyler2 - Bronwyn Tag me when you’ve posted for Eulogia :wink:

5 Likes

Kordon Marshalls

“You’re representing yourself, the Marshalls, and most importantly me. So you better not bring up and of that bisexual bullsh*t.” Kordon’s father, Demetrius, raised his hand in a threatening way. Knowing what his father would do, Kordon flinches. “My gods. You are so pathetic. Maybe this school will actually teach you something about being a man.” He didn’t say it in that moment. But Kordon knew that his father was disappointed in him. Demetrius lowers his hand and walks away. Not daring to look at the driver, Kordon ignores the driver and opens the door himself. Why is he so buff? He ponders as the driver starts the carriage.

Though the ride wasn’t long, it feels like it took forever. The entire time Kordon kept on thinking about what his father told him. Part of him didn’t understand why his father didn’t just get rid of him. Maybe it wouldn’t reflect well on the Marshalls if he had gotten rid of his only child after his wife died giving birth to Kordon. Maybe that’s why his father hated him so much. Be confident. Always keep your eye on the opponent. Never lower your sword until you’ve won. Trying to remember everything his father had ever taught him. He might not need it at the academy, but it never hurts to be prepared.

Once the carriage has come to a complete stop, Kordon hops out. Wanting to see the horses he immediately goes over to them. Kordon always felt that horses were better at reading emotions than people. Maybe that’s why he prefers them. Trusting the driver to carry his bags, he enters the academy. Kordon has been to a lot of boarding schools. Probably because his father didn’t want him around. But at this school, Kordon has no idea what to do. So he just stands off to the side.

Suddenly, a girl who seems to be around his age approaches him. immediately asking a question. “Oh,” a bit startled by the approach. Remembering his training, he bows deeply. “Kordon Marshalls. Son of Demetrius Marshall,” He stands up and brushes off his suit. It might have been a bit much, but his father had insisted. “I’m a squire. And how may I address you, miss?” He trails off. The woman’s hair colour was very vibrant and noticeable. But it did look nice on her.

@CrazyCaliope - Cordelia

Eulogia Woods

“Now remember Eulogia, write everyday. It might take a little while, but at least we’ll know you’re safe.” Eulogia, slightly annoyed replied, “Mom! You know I hate being called Eulogia. Please, it’s just Gia.” She begged her mother for the hundredth time.
“Aww, look honey. Our little girl is all grown up!”
“Darling,” her father’s deep voice commanded attention. “She’s already stressed enough.” He chuckled slightly and handed Gia a basket of baked goods. “Share these with your friends. And if you meet anyone important, be sure to share. Now, go. You’re going to be late!” Her father ushered her into the carriage. Giving her a kiss on her forehead. As the carriage starting picking up speed, she kept on waving back to her parents.

Unknown to her parents, Gia was terrified of meeting anyone important. But she knew that it was important to expand on her family’s business. She just hoped that she didn’t meet the prince. She might have a heart attack. As she climbed out of the carriage, she stumbles slightly on her dress. “Stupid thing.” She mutters out loud. She wasn’t very sure why her parents had insisted on something so elegant. But Gia wasn’t in the mood to argue. She grabbed the basket of goodies as the carriage drove away. Walking into the academy, she can’t help but notice the careful carvings on the walls. Nervous about everything, she stands in the middle of the room looking around.

@LTea - Malo

Alicia Bennett

Ali didn’t want to have a big goodbye with her parents. So she woke up early and avoided them. Ali was definitely feeling more like a girl today. So she took out her prettiest dress. It may have been a bit improper, but Ali didn’t really care. She already knew that her parents didn’t care what their appearance was. They just wanted her to be happy. And she was. But she was a bit uncomfortable with everyone knowing that she was genderfluid. She might just wait until she has more friends.

Slowly climbing into the carriage, she tells the driver to move quickly. She had already left her parents a goodbye note. She didn’t need them to get all teary-eyed and emotional. Trying to calm her nerves, she writes a simple haiku.

Birds sitting in nests
Waiting for the sun to rise
Singing to their friends.

It wasn’t the best, but it did help with calming her nerves. Taking in a deep breath, she leans back on her seat. Once the carriage arrives at the academy, she waits for the driver to open her door. Muttering a quiet thank you, she steps out into the sun. Her simple haiku clutched in her hand like a lifeline. She slowly walks inside and walks around, pretending to look busy. Maybe someone will stop her. But she doesn’t exactly know what she’s doing. Ali’s been homeschooled most of her life. So the whole school thing is new to her.

@BrookieK - Prince Nicolas veta-Serentine I’m fine with having a conversation with two of your characters.

I’ll make a post for Columbus and Bronwyn right after this.

3 Likes

:hibiscus: Alessandra Winchester :hibiscus:

Aless was having anything but a good time. The carriage ride a was bumpy that she felt sick to her stomach. Not to mention that she had been stuck there for hours. Her parents knew that she had motion sickness but they still stuck her in a carriage. If it wasn’t for the fact that they barred the door then she would have left the carriage already and walked to the academy. She loudly cursed and banged on the door as she once again ordered them to let her go. Of course, no one replied and she slumped in her seat as she felt she stomach turn.

The carriage suddenly stopped and she sat up. The door opened and the footman looked a bit nervous as he said that they were at the academy. She peaked her head out the door and looked up to see the academy towering over her. She was slightly impressed at how imposing it looked. No doubt this was going to be an interesting year.

“My mirror.” She said as she composed herself.

The footman quickly handed her her golden mirror and she looked at her reflection. Looking enchanting as always Alessandra.

She handed the footman the mirror and she graciously stepped down from the carriage. She smoothed her red dress and walked towards the academy. Of course, followed by her servants that were carrying all of her belongings. She walked inside and stood there waiting for someone to escort her to her room. She stood there for five minuets before realizing that no one was going to show up.

Approachable

2 Likes

:deciduous_tree: Jacob Farrell :deciduous_tree:

Jacob stared outside the window. There were trees. Trees. And more trees. He sighed lightly as he turned back to inside the packed carriage. It was full of people who were traveling to Mystveil as well. The only difference between him and the other people was that they were servants and he was a noble. Well, at least he thinks he is. Sometimes he wonders if his family got him at a buy one get one free deal.

He sighed again and the carriage stopped. The door opened and all the people started to get out. Of course, no one thought that the noble’s son should go first. The last person was even about to close the door on him. He caught the door and the person looked back.

“Sorry, I forgot you were there.” They said as they left.

Just like everyone else in the world. He climbed out of the carriage and turned to grab his stuff as the carriage suddenly started moving. He blinked in surprise, but before he could react the carriage was long gone.

You know, I’m not even bothered by that anymore. He didn’t even try asking the carriage to stop as he walked toward the building in front of him. It was tall and magnificent, but it was full of people who would forget about him in the drop of a hat. He stopped and on a whim decided not to go inside. Instead he walked towards the fields. It was a bad idea of course, but he didn’t care.

Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a body under a tree. He nearly tripped in his step and his face paled. He carefully approached the body and picked up a stick in case the person was alive. This wouldn’t be much of a weapon, of course, but it was better than nothing.

He poked the person with the stick. “Are you dead?” He asked.

@LTea - Oscar Xian

3 Likes

Columbus Eisenburg

Noticing her eyes glancing over at the door, Columbus follows her gaze. Seeing the man in armour, he takes a quick step back from her and looks back at Elise. “That’s terrible. So you’ve just been alone with this terrible man for the past, how long?” He was so infuriated that he couldn’t remember if she had told him or not.

Part of him wanted to throw up. But he knew that that would offend her. This entire thing was making him so mad. He wanted to take his anger out on someone, anyone. But the only person around was her. So Columbus clenches his fists, knowing this will probably scare her. But he doesn’t care. He takes out a pen and tries to break it with his fists. After failing countless times, he gives up and throws it on the floor and steps on it.

He knew that she was right. There was nothing he could do. “Okay, I’ll leave it alone. For now.” Columbus was so frustrated. But he wanted to figure out some kind of plan. Anything. But his brain just wasn’t working. “Okay, what’s favourite thing about Daegarimn?” It was the only thing that he could think of. It wasn’t the best but he can’t turn back time.

@/BrookieK - Elise

Bronwyn Thompson

Hm. He was a bit cocky, but hotness cancels out cocky anyday. But playing hard to get makes them want you even more. Bronwyn leans back and crosses her arms. Pushing up her breasts in her beautiful gown. "What makes you think I’m so easy?"I slight smile plays at the corner of her lips. Eyeing him up and down. She didn’t know how he’d react, but she was hoping that he did something besides talking. Unless he was one of those guys that talks a big game but doesn’t actually act on it. But if he played his cards right, he might be able to get some. “I’m not a wh*re you know, and I do have standards.” Knowing that this might hurt his ego a bit. But she couldn’t help herself.

@/LTea - Adam

3 Likes

Nicolas Veta-Serentine
Nicolas rolled his eyes, nodding without really listening. “yes, yes father. I understand.” I groaned, “Can I just leave now? You’ve already sent everyone away, why hold on so much to me for so long?” he snapped, the King only urged his son forwards before leaving back in. Nicolas sighed, giving his mother a light hug.
“I’ll miss you” she whispered and Nicolas could only say the same thing as she did
“Don’t worry mother, I’ll be home soon, just a year or a few” he winked before getting in the carriage, followed by the adviser sent to make sure he didn’t get himself killed within the first ten minutes at the Academy.

“Edgar…” Nicolas groaned as he laid across his bench-sized seat in the carriage, the Advider, Edgar sat across from him, his posture stiff and he stayed quiet.
“Yes, your highness?”
“Are we almost there? I really need to get a smoke.”
“But sir! It is a horrible impression to make to step onto school property and smoke drugs.”
“So? You act as if I chose to come here. News flase I ddin’t”
“Perhaps not, young master,” Edgar began, “but it is nessesary. And I have been sent to…ensure that process happens” He continued as they arrived at the Academy. However, before he could continue or tell Nicolas they arrived, Nicolas had already jumped out the window, looking to find anywhere away from the stiffness of Edgar.

He ran in, stopping a girl. “please, you gottan help me. Help a poor soul in getting away from his adviser. Please.” he rambled, pulling her to the side

Elise Ponsonbye

“I’ve been with the Earl for about 2 years, married for a year and a half of so…” he words were dragged out as her eyes went wide as she watched Columbus in a held back fit of rage.
“I…” She meant to speak but allowed him to finish whatever it was he was doing before she continued.
“Okay, thank you, and…I enjoy the lakes and countryside. However, I have an idea.” she said in a whisper, “he cannot hear this, but I believe it is a rule he cannot follow me into any hallways for dorm rooms. I’m going to semi-loudly, so he can her, ask if you can show me there. It doesn’t matter if you know or not, we’ll find it and go into that hall and my door before he can keep up. Okay?” She asked rather rapidly, looking at him with near desperate eyes

@Skyler2

3 Likes

:cyclone:Malo Traduro-Gavishea

Stepping into the grand entrance hall, filled with the hustle and bustle of new students from every level and rank, Malo felt that little bit of him that felt normal shrivle up inside. Gone were the days where he wouldn’t even dream of walking amongst the rich or royal, at least back at the palace he could sneak away to converse with the guards or help out in the stables or blacksmith. Here… well, there would be none of that here. Shouldering his bag, he looked around, hoping to find some sort of guide or schedule that he could just blindly follow, but everyone seemed to busy to help or advise him. He caught sight of a young lady, dressed in a very fancy looking garment that made Malo seriously self-concious about his own messy attire, and awkwardly stepped up to see if she could help him at all.

“Excuse me, miss…” Was that the right title? What if she was a princess? It wouldn’t matter, because he was a crown prince, so anyone here was either below him or an equal. He was always forgetting that, and still couldn’t wrap his head around such things. Shaking his head in that second and offering an apologetic smile for the pause, he looked around. “…Sorry, I was just wondering if you could help me? I’m, um… not sure what I’m supposed to do. Are we just supposed to go to our rooms or something? Do you know where they are?” He was asking a lot of questions, and probably looked like a complete idiot, but at this point he just wanted some kind of understanding of what he was getting himself into. He didn’t like feeling like an idiot left out of the loop.

@/Skyler2 - Eulogia

Oscar scowled at the random jab in his side, opening an eye to find a dull looking kid poking him with a stick, and frowning as if that was the stupidest question he’d ever heard.
“Wish I was. What do you want?” He batted away the stick with his hand, holding his Banjo case closer to him as he tried to get comfy again against the tree. “Watch where you poke that thing, it’s sharper than it looks.”

@/LemonLeader

:rose:Adam Riposte

And they said that I would be the one to misbehave… Adam smirked as she made a show of her assets, and tilted his head with curiosity as she contradicted her own body language.
“Never said you were a wh*re, darlin’, but I’m not the one calling strange lads attractive.” he clicked his tongue, folding his arms as she basically pretended that she hadn’t just been the one hitting on him. “Besides, some of my closest friends are wh*res, and you certainly don’t see me complaining. But that’s neither here nor there, I thought you wanted something, sweetheart? Or, am I mistaken, and this is all just some… misunderstanding?” He wasn’t about to be kicked out on his first day for the same mistake both he and his entire sultry family made. Even he wasn’t stupid enough to fall for those kinds of tricks, especially in a place filled with people who could have him easily beheaded.
He looked her once over again, trying to work out if she was even one of those people. “Tell me, though, sweetheart. I don’t believe we’ve ever had the pleasure… Would you be a princess, or perhaps some other kind of noble lady that I would do better keeping my hands off of?”

@/Skyler2

3 Likes

:rose: Anthony Rosencrantz :rose:

Anthony comforted his crying mother. She acted like he was leaving and never coming back. His father tried to get her to leave him be she refused and continued to hug him while crying.
Anthony continued to pat her back. “Don’t worry mom I’ll sends letters constantly. It’ll be like your right there with me.”
She finally let go of him and he stepped into the carriage. He waved goodbye to his parents before the coachmen closed the door. The carriage then started and he was off to the academy. He heard his mother screaming to remember to write. He made note of it and made sure to keep it in mind constantly. The ride to the academy was very smooth so Anthony took the time to write about the things he saw in his journal. He didn’t leave out one detail. Him mother no doubt would want to read it when he saw her again. When he finally arrived at the academy the coachmen opened the door and he stepped out. It was a beautiful sight and all the people here looked very prestigious. He grabbed his belongings and stepped out of the carriage. He walked into the academy and deep admired it’s beautiful halls. He looked left and saw a girl with a bright red dress. She looked like she was waiting for somebody.
Figuring it would be healthy to go talk to the person he went up to her. “Hi, waiting for somebody.” [/size]

@LemonLeader - Alessandra

3 Likes

:lemon: Clemontine Darcey :lemon:

Lemon giggled as the carriage stopped in front of the academy. She was ready to meet all these new people. She threw open the carriage door before the footman opened it. She barely noticed that he was there as she took in the surroundings. She took a deep breath. The air was much more different than it was in Xusian. She smiled happily. New places, new people, what more could a person ask for.

Her bright dress fluttered in the wind as she strode into the academy.

“It’s such a beautiful place.” She said, talking to herself. “All it needs is a little more flare and color.”

She noticed two people ahead with very dark skin tones. She nearly gasped out loud at how different they looked from her. This excited her and she started to follow them. It wasn’t until a few minuets later that she realized how suspicious she looked.

Without thinking deeply about it, she walked in front of them and stopped them. She couldn’t stop the silly smile from appearing on her face as she stared at them.

“Hello, there. My name is Lemon.” She said with a smile. “I like your colorful clothes. What kingdom might you be from?”

@GlitterFist - Musa & Kanika

“Oh, sorry.” Jacob said, still holding the stick. He eyed the person in front of him carefully, in case he happened to attack him when he wasn’t paying attention.

“I thought you were dead, so I thought it would be respectful if I buried your body. I wouldn’t want a ghost to haunt the academy.” He said with a shrug.

He paused. “Well, now I know your not dead.”

@LTea - Oscar Xian

4 Likes

:hibiscus: Alessandra Winchester :hibiscus:

Aless smiled gracefully at the person in front of her. He had rather good looks and his clothing showed that he was a noble. She mentally noted his appearance as she replied.

“Yes, I am indeed.” She paused. “And you are…”

@AtlasFlameAi - Anthony Rosencrantz

3 Likes

Oscar wasn’t sure if the boy was joking or being totally serious. He laughed anyway, just because of how blunt they where, and shook his head to moved his bangs out of his face. “That’s seriously the first thing you would think if you saw somebody dead? Ghosts haunting this place?” He looked over at the school building. He honestly wouldn’t have been surprised if it was haunted already. Turning back to the guy, he wondered if he had maybe seen the guy before. He seemed familiar… vaguely… then again Oscar wasn’t very good with faces. He was still holding that stick tightly and Oscar scoffed.
“Relax, I’m not going to start anything. Not unless you poke me again, now that you know I’m clearly not dead. Well… not on the outside anyway.”

@LemonLeader

2 Likes

“Outside?” Jacob asked tilting his head a bit. His face suddenly paled and he held the stick defensively in front of him as he took a step back.

“Are you a zombie?” He couldn’t help but ask. One of his older brothers had once said that zombies were much more terrifying than ghosts. They ate your flesh before turning you into one of them.

“D-Don’t come any closer. I have a stick and I’m not afraid to use it.”

@LTea - Oscar Xian

2 Likes

Clarence Lysander Solaris

Lysander grinned as he stared out of the carriage. This was the perfect opportunity for him. His uncle would never know that sending him here was the cause of his downfall. He stretched a little bit as the person sitting across from him caught his eye. He looked over to see the girl staring at him.
He paused for a second. The girl in front of him was supposedly one of his sisters. He had never seen her before but then again, he did have a lot of siblings. Well, not anymore.
“What are you thinking about, dearest little sister?”

@AtlasFlameAi - Rafaela

3 Likes

:rose: Anthony Rosencrantz :rose:

“I’m Anthony Rosencrantz. I come from Stormholt.”
Anthony looked over at the group of people behind her holding her stuff. He knew he shouldn’t assume she was one of those really snobbish, conceited people. But the tons of luggage she was carrying and the servants constantly with her made it kind of see that way. He turned his eyes away from her servants and back to her, could a girl with a nice smile really be all that bad.
“Now what’s your name, Miss?”

@LemonLeader

3 Likes