Opinion on Sequel RPs

What do you think of sequel RPs?

Have you ever been in a sequel RP? (Which one?)

Are there any RPs you think should do a sequel?

I haven’t been in a RP sequel, but I think it would be really cool to do a ‘flash forward’ sequel roleplay where we can see where all our characters went after the events of the first RP.

4 Likes

Most RPs sadly don’t get to have much of a true sequel, but I think the thought of a sequel to an RP is awesome!

I have. The AYTO RP has had multiple seasons, each with different characters. I even made characters that knew/were related to my previous characters. Myself and @/fal.renet1398 at one point had started a revamp of the Grenopia High RP. Technically our revamp was a sequel taking place years later, since our characters from the original now worked at the school and their kids became students.

Overall, I can’t think of specific ones, but basically any kind of game show type RP would do good with multiple seasons/sequels. Some high school RPs could do good sequels as well.

1 Like

I always want to bring back my characters so I think sequels would be great.

1 Like

Sequel rps can be really cool if they’re executed well. It can be fun to bring back your old character into a new setting. I don’t think I’ve ever been in a true sequel, but the idea of them, of a new ending really appeals to me.

I like to have an actual ending, so if the first rp didn’t give me that, then a sequel rp would be a good way for me to have an actual goodbye for my characters.

They’re cool, because you get to get back to your old characters—indirectly or directly.

Nopee, but I think FTD is a sequel RP so yes?

Not at the moment, because not all RPs are really suitable for that. It would be cool though, to see some of it!

As I said before, Sequel RPs don’t happen very often, but its so cool when they do happen. I think its awesome how the Blue Royalty RP, which will soon be added to the very small list of RPs that have run to completion, will have a sequel. The sequel gets to take place 20 years later, so we get to see the kids of the characters, knowing parts of what their parents went through, dealing with senior year just like they had, and we get that glimpse at what the future truly held for all of our characters.

2 Likes

It would be fun to have sequel RPs around, though I would like to see a different twist and purpose in every one! Though there are some RPs (like those challenge-type or tv-show-type RPs) that can be considerable I guess!

They would be really fun (: I wish we had more but that’d require being able to finish the current RPs which unfortunately often fall out of activity and such