Opinions on when YouTubers review music

Personally I don’t actually like it. You get some YouTubers who just hate everything and constantly show they bias towards certain bands which is just really irritating. Most of them aren’t really involved in the music industry and haven’t done much research on the song/album beforehand so I do find it annoying in any situation when people act as though their opinion is fact.

Obviously your opinion can be based off fact but music taste is pretty subjective. So I don’t like when they say “this sucks and that’s a fact”.

At the same time though you do get some YouTubers who give none biased reviews.

6 Likes

I’ve never watched a music review because I think that I can decide myself if a song is good or bad :sweat_smile::eyes::sparkles:

2 Likes

Same with me tbh

I just thought I’d check some out to see what was going on before I made a thread.

I don’t like when people get their opinions primarily from what a YouTuber says anyway.

1 Like

I don’t review songs. That sucks the fun out of listening to them if you ask me. Analysing books has the same kind of effect

2 Likes

It really does though

I like listening to the person who wrote the music talk about it

But listening to other people talk about it…no

2 Likes

I like songs with meaning

I don’t like people who scientifically analyse it

the chord progression here is superb

2 Likes

My Dad is like that tbh

He gets all technical about it and tries to imply music is only good if it’s “smart” and “difficult”

Most of the time the music he listens to gives me a headache.

Each song is like 20 minutes long.

2 Likes

They should just give honest reviews. It’s not that hard. :purple_heart: :butterfly:

2 Likes

Bump.

If they’re one of those YouTubers who hate everything, I don’t like it. Just listen to the song yourselves, don’t hate a song simply because of what a YouTuber says. :white_heart:

I’d like honest reviews, instead of biased ones.

Do you like YouTube reviews?

Meh

Some YouTubers that do them, actually do a good job of it and give an honest review. One of the YouTubers I watch (CrankThatFrank) has his followers on Twitter recommend songs for him and every once in a while, he’ll do a video where he listens to some of them and then rates them based on a very trustworthy system ( :b:ussy :b:op or Flop). Although, I don’t like the ones who trash every single song that is remotely outside their usual music taste.

2 Likes

Who are some YouTubers you guys know of that review music? :sunflower: :coffee: :sparkles:

1 Like

There are two German Youtubers who let their grandparents and friend’s of their grandparents listen to music and review it and I find those really funny. There’s one man who always thinks all the songs are happy songs, then they give him the translation of the lyrics and he says “Why is everyone so sad? And why are people so mean to sad people?” Then his wife tells him that he was also a sad person when he was younger and they start laughing together and it’s so great to watch

2 Likes

There’s this one guy who got his Mum to react to bvb and she loves them now :joy:

1 Like

There’s this video called One Guy, 54 Voices (I think it’s 54?) where this guy impersonates different singers and even dresses up like them… it’s pretty awesome, and then there are a bunch of other YouTubers who actually react to that video and analyze it.
I like some of the reaction videos because their reactions are hilarious, but there are some others who don’t even make a comment and don’t know half the singers he’s impersonating. That just takes the fun out of it.

1 Like

I wanna keep this open because I know it can generate alot of opinions

@Discussions

3 Likes

I don’t really like it just because a lot of them aren’t qualified and I can like what I like.

1 Like

It really depends on how they review it. If they don’t like a music they shouldn’t just insult it and make fun of it when other people like it and people spend time to make a song like that. If you don’t like the song or the way the person sings it, keep your bad opinion to yourself. Since it’s a review, I know you have to say what you think about it but you don’t always have to be negative.