People within the LGBTQ+ community and their struggles being used as a way to diminish their existence?

Oh girl you probably haven’t seen a religion convince a state to make accommodations for them

1 Like

Ok, trans person here lol

Personally, I don’t go into the comments on lgbtq pages anymore cus the hate is exhausting. Some of the guy’s points were correct, but the majority weren’t and your points were all correct.
LGBTQ+ ‘culture’ is a thing, simply because we have been forced to make it a thing. We have been excluded from normal society so of course we would grow to act differently from normal society. In truth, people need to learn to accept that some things are fluid, and hating on them isn’t going to make people change. These days, if someone hates on me it only makes me believe what I believe even stronger, because I know if it causes that kind of reaction then its a strong opinion, and one worth having.

“Too much negative stimulus on their minds create a chemical balance that, if left untreated, will ruin their life.”

Alrighty.

1. Being trans is not negative. It is just a thing
  2. Not acknowledging our existence is not going to make us go away
  3. I grew up around straight and cis ‘stimulus’, and I am still queer and trans despite that

"it is a constant pressure to play the victim, become a “oppressed minority” of any kind…

This I understand a little. Sometimes people are attacked for not being an oppressed minority, and that is wrong and sick. HOWEVER it is not a reason to oppress these minorities more. So what if they’re jack@sses. Doesn’t mean they don’t deserve rights.

“minorities should be treated as a minority”

They are? I recently came out, and I am in fear of my life when I go back to school because idk how they’ll react. I don’t know anyone irl who is non binary. I am a minority, and I live in fear because of it. I don’t get this point honestly

2 Likes

They not attacked. Please don’t call joking about their oppressors attacking them, it is offensive. Though, it is true that some people might take it to far and it’s cringy.

YOU GO GIRL

Trans women are women and trans men are men. My feminism/womanism will always consider trans girls and women.

THIS.

We are already treated as “minorities”

2 Likes

I wasn’t talking about jokes. I’m talking about literal verbal attacks, but I will acknowledge that no, it is not common and I’ve only seen it happen a few times, and usually between minority groups arguing about who is more ‘oppressed’ :roll_eyes:
but yea it’s stupid and not something to use against said minorities

pls don’t call me girl
but yis :joy:

Gonna pop my enby head in for enbies
and yess as u should

Exactly

2 Likes

Ah yes the “oppression Olympics”

Sorry :see_no_evil: but when I say girl/boi/queen/dad friend/mom friend it is usually gender neutral for me.

Ummmm… YOU GO PERSON! is that better? :star_struck:

2 Likes

yup
my most hated sport

yea I figured, just wanted to let you know as I find it uncomfortable :]

very much so :relieved::rofl:

2 Likes

“minorities should be treated as a minority”
isn’t that the entire idea
:woman_standing:
am i missing something like
when you didn’t pass your english class tho

2 Likes

Added some tags.

The meme seems to be potentially signalling the harmful idea of people regretting their transition despite that being pretty rare. I just got that from the “mom was right” and “I wish mom was here” thing. Then the person being like hOw dId tHaT lItTle gIrL tUrN iNtO a mAn was probably just being dumb.

With all that aside:

In relation to your discussion with that person, they just sound like a bigot “minorities should not be treated like majorities” then also saying “people want to be a victim”, so like, they’re advocating for a world where people aren’t treated equally then acting as though that world wouldn’t have any kind of victims or oppression.

They’re also wrong “chemicals from social stimulus harm your brain” that’s just complete nonsense. The seratonin that gets generated from being on your phone is what makes online stuff addictive to people who have low seratonin but that’s potentially harmful for completely different reasons to what this person is implying.