People within the LGBTQ+ community and their struggles being used as a way to diminish their existence?

Do I came across this meme about transitioning sex.

And the comments were not surprising.

But some where just too stupid for me to ignore and not respond to.

I decided to comment on this post specifically. I ended up having a whole debate within the comment section and I still whole heartedly believe these people really aren’t educated lol.

I really cannot understand how they can think what they think but who knows.

So, as a member, or ally of the LGBTQ+ community, what do you think about the discussion I had with the commenter? Do you agree or disagree? If you have parts you agree with but some you disagree with, feel free and drop it down below.

What could you add to the discussion at hand?
What do you think of the meme?

Do you agree that the meme insinuates a negative belief about trans people? Why or why not?

In general, what do you think?

@LGBTCommunity @Discussions @Debaters

7 Likes

That person- gawd-
i didnt know your name was zoey

2 Likes

Ah yes, a lack of education :relieved:

the meme, without context, can be confusing at first. Like it it wasn’t a LGBT+ IG page then I would be lost. After learning that it relates to LGBTQ+, the meme makes sense. The first comment about the guy being confused made sense to me but then it felt like the person was attacked for being confused (from what I skimmed through, at least that’s what it seems)

I’m just curious if the one where the person said ‘mom was right’ was the girl after she transitioned and became a man

3 Likes

Yeah, a lot of people like that tend to use these big boy words to sound smart but in reality they are still quiet well… not bright, I’ll say.

Yeah shhh

3 Likes

I love your name tho

2 Likes

Dam

Well yes, that’s who says that. The comment section and the poster (from what I take from their responses) see this as a reason to keep people from speaking out about being trans or keep kids from knowing what it is and keep their existence further oppressed just because there are people who end up regretting it.

It’s an issue for one to use that as a reason because it’s a fallacy, most trans people end up very happy and comfortable with their new self after doing so.

2 Likes

And like in my first post and title of my thread, transphobes , homophobes, tend to use the communities struggles against them to try and excuse their hate towards them as if no heterosexual or cis-gender has ever struggled with their identity.

I would most likely be right if I predicted they would get upset if someone of my community were to make this meme but reversed in either gender identity or sexuality.

2 Likes

I just mainly see it as a thing where some people may regret their decision

OHH I WAS FOCUSSING ON THE MEME! I DIDNT REALIZE THAT DAVID WAS APART OF IT! Sorry! :sweat_smile:
Yeah, education is crucial

It’s fine but I posted this thread to discuss the commenters’ views and what they were saying, what they were insinuating.

I agree with you, regretting it is a thing. Just like when someone finds out they’re not bisexual, but straight or just gay/lesbian.

It just looks like to me the people in the comments made this as a way to say the media speaking up about trans people is setting more people to regret and get “brainwashed”. Which yes, will happen more but I think it’s more important to see the good in normalizing the LGBTQ+ community and teaching kids they can be apart of it and just exist as themselves, no matter what label they belong in.

2 Likes

I think religion could play a big factor in that :confused:

Oh and that’s another thing. You can belong in whatever religion and follow it, but using yours to make laws and pass them (in the US) is very unconstitutional but yet people are still trying to pass laws that don’t give people of the community rights based on their religion (which is mostly Christianity)

1 Like

I was referring to the recent Pope thing. Do you mean like the whole same gender marriage thing and people fighting it based on religion?

Sorry if I don’t make any sense lol, my brain is everywhere about every perspective and it goes like 1mil mph

1 Like

My perspective is: education good, transphobia sad, anyone who doesn’t know about the LGBTQ+ community or what they stand for shouldn’t be attacked but should be educated :relieved:

Yes, I do lol. But I’m also speaking for any acts of trying to change or create law based on religious views in the U.S. It’s unconstitutional.

I think that has always been a thing in the U.S history. I think one state tried to make their state religion Christian or something like when America was first starting

:neutral_face:

1 Like

They also had different groups and I think only Pennsylvania, when in the 13 colonies, was the only state that allowed Jews and other religions. Some were more lenient while others were more strict

I’m not helping am I?

This!

Omg people use religion to justify a lot of things and it is so f*cked up. Also most of what they saying is “wrong” because of their religion is not even mentioned as really wrong inside their religion.

They just want to justify hate

1 Like