Performing Music ♬

I’m a big musical theater brat, in case any of you guys have somehow missed that. I’ve been performing for around 10 years now in musical theater productions. I really enjoy it, although it’s definitely not for everybody. I’ve also been in choir before, which was fun, but I didn’t like it nearly as much as doing musical theater. Choir did actually teach me a lot of music theory, which is actually a very good skill for me to know.

• Have you ever been in a choir/band/orchestra?
  • Have you ever performed music?
  • What do you think of choir/band/orchestra?
  • Do you like performing?
5 Likes

I was in a Glee Club, choir, and a band that was required for school.

Yes, I’ve sung at a competition and twice for a theater performance. For my band (it was just my class) we played once in front of the school.

Choir: It was fine? It was something optional. Most of the kids were only there because they didnt want to do school work.
Glee: You had to pay 300$ per semester (there were 2 semesters a year) and it was pretty fun. I would have had a better time if the director was nicer. But we got to go to Vancouver so that was fun.
Band: I really loved our band teacher, and the kids in our band class. But if the same people weren’t there I probably wouldnt like it as much because I suck at playing the trumpet.

It’s fine… I get really bad stage fright though.

1 Like

Yup I was in my school choir

Yup! It was rad. Except this one time in year 6, I didn’t sound bad I was just a bit nervous but as time went on I started to improve. Tbh actually liking the song I’m singing will improve my performance :joy:

I think they’re pretty cool but I quit the choir in high school since I got tired of singing the same songs all the time and they didn’t have a section for mezzo’s. You were either and alto or a soprano or you didn’t exist.

I definitely do! Like I said earlier when I was younger the first couple of times I was slightly nervous but if it’s a song I really like and feel confident with then I can do a good job hehe.

1 Like

I hate singing songs I don’t like in choir! They always make you sing the song so many times for practice, that the song just gets kinda irritating, even if you do like it.

Awww. I think a lot of musical theater has the opposite problem because so many of the major roles are written as mezzo parts…

Yes! I’ve been in an orchestra and band

Yes, I have. It’s easier for me when I’m with people but solos are disastrous

It was amazing until they changed my instructor. My new instructor makes everything overly tedious and hard. They were some pieces on my violin I couldn’t get and I blame his teaching method and general attitude. (This is not me pining my failures on someone else, it’s me calling someone out for not being able to teach me)

I do.

1 Like

What instrument(s) do you play?

Also, some teachers are just terrible at teaching or helping inspire you to play an instrument, which always sucks.

1 Like

I only play the violin, which sucks because I want to learn how to play piano.

This is very true. Like I’ve completely lost interest in music, as in the theoretical aspect and the instrumental, and it’s disheartening.

1 Like

Piano’s a good instrument to play! I absolutely suck at playing it, although I know most of the theory required to technically be able to play.

1 Like

I love you

I was in a bunch of choirs when I was younger, the latest one was when I was like 15 I think (somehow)
But I can’t sing :woman_shrugging:t5:

I knew how to play half the song of all of me on a piano so I did that in a train station one because I was bored and it was almost empty
Does that count?

It’s rad ngl

Technically I do, just not in music because I suck at it. But I did preform in dancing and theater and that was a whole lot more fun

2 Likes

I sing. I’d send a video, but I don’t know how

2 Likes

you can record your voice on vocaroo

1 Like

Ohhhh, it’ll be in about a month then. Wait for me.

3 Likes

Dancing and theater are definitely fun to perform! I always worry about looking super awkward dancing, though :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity