Pets for Mental Health

This is something I feel very strongly about. My cats, and even my gerbils have helped me get through some rough patches in my life. In my opinion, there isn’t much better for your mental health than an animal of some sort to help you through it! To a lot of people it would be their dog, maybe even their snake! Animals are just wonderful companions to have in difficult times!

What’s your take on this? Are animals wonderful - even necessary! - for helping with mental health?

9 Likes

Yeah, they can really help you through a lot, just holding and petting my guinea pigs makes me feel happier, and that effect is even bigger if I feel slightly down. They also created some stability in a time I barely had any so that also really helped with my mental health.

4 Likes

I completely agree. They definitely help, in my opinion, and they seem to know when you ned them most. When you are feeling particular down, that’s when you can suddenly find your pet right there beside you, as if they know you need them!

2 Likes

My cat does wonders for my mental health even though it sounds crazy! My cat kinda is like therapy in a way, something about her makes me smile even when I’m sad, nobody else can do that like she does. I dunno it’s just that whenever she’s around I’m just happier! :eyes: :hibiscus:

2 Likes

@Discussions :3

5 Likes

I HUG MY GERBILS WHEN I FEEL BAD AND THEY HELP

REEEEEEEE

1 Like

joins the tag

2 Likes

I’m on my period. If Luna still lived with me, she’d be sitting on my stomach and purring right now :sob: Not mental health but still!

4 Likes

I don’t have any pets myself. My family used to have two cats and a dog because my mom had the cats before she got married and my dad had a dog, but they died when I was really young because they were old.

My school brings in therapy dogs around exam time to help with stress.

4 Likes

Owning a pet is very beneficial for mental health. Trust me, ever since my cat Donnie came into my life…I’ve never been so happy. :black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:

4 Likes

I want a pet but I live in an apartment and There’s not much room for a dog for example, and I don’t have too much time to take care of them also…

3 Likes

Gerbils are great :eyes:

1 Like

Good point but I want a dog :eyes:

2 Likes

I want a dog too but that’s commitment :eyes:

2 Likes

That’s why I want a friend who has a dog :wink:

3 Likes

That’s actually a smart thought :eyes:

3 Likes

Oh yo is this why all those girls on Tinder only go for guys who have dogs

4 Likes

Perhaps

But I wouldn’t do that to someone :joy:

2 Likes

Maybe

2 Likes

Yep, you could say my dog Scooby is my support dog and I’m is support human since he gets clingy sometimes. Also, I my doxin Mickey loves using me as a heater so it could be annoying when he leaves the spot.

5 Likes