Pixar's New Short Film: Out

It’s :clap: about :clap: time :clap: !!!

The new short film Out is now on Disney+, that’s about a man called Greg who moves into a new house with his boyfriend, but Greg’s parents don’t know he’s gay. Then his parents come to help them move and he has to find the right way to come out to them. I just finished watching it and I think it was such a good choice from Pixar to do this- I was very close to tears watching it and I really hope that this is just the beginning because I really want to see some full-length Disney and/or Pixar movies with LBGT main characters! This short film is only 10 minutes and I think if you have Disney+ it is definitely worth watching.

Leave your opinions below!

7 Likes

I saw a PinkNews article about this! It’s looks super cute and it’s definitely on my must-watch list!

oH YES this looks fantastic but
I don’t have Disney+! :sob:

Thought I could just find it on youtube but nopeee maybe in a few weeks though.
I really think it’s important to integrate LGBT main leads in cartoons and such so it can become more normalized. Like being gay can be a content kids can watch in their cartoons and be exposed to, and it can be similar to them seeing straight people you know? It doesn’t have to be a sex thing, it can be something as innocent as holding hands! I like how they did it in She-Ra, but that’s a whole ‘nother show.

God, I love gay fluff I wish I could watch the short film :weary:

1 Like

^^
Can’t stress this enough. If there had been any sort of LGBT character in the shows I watched as a kid, it would have made discovering my sexuality way easier.

2 Likes

I hope that we can see some excellent children’s movies that feature LGBT+ main characters! Representation is important and kids shouldn’t only be shown straight cisgender rolemodels.

2 Likes

Exactlyyy
A lot of people think that as soon as gay characters are added, it has everything to do with sex but that literally isn’t the case. Kids can still retain their innocence while being shown LGBT characters. and that’s something a lot of people don’t seem to understand. Like damn, I wasn’t thinking about sex when two Disney characters kissed lmao. Besides, it is sooo important to be able to see people who are like you in the media.

2 Likes

Haven’t still watched it but what is the name? Greg?

Closed due to inactivity