Plotter or a pantser?

Typically I start a story because I have this really nice idea and start writing, but then another idea pops in my head and I don’t finish the first. But then when I write the second, I get ANOTHER IDEA. So like you said it’s hard to finish. Lol the most I’ve gotten in a story is 20k words. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Plotser? I have so many ideas that I tend to write different stories and never complete them.

But I always create planning sheets and write general summaries/synopses for each of my stories, at least, I started doing that this year. It’s super helpful.

I can never finish my stories because my mind is like popcorn in a microwave. Help meeeee lol

1 Like

Yeah same! This is more problematic for me with Episode tho cuz if something is slightly off I end up scrapping the whole scene or something. It doesn’t have to really look a certain way but I want it to feel a certain way to me and if it takes on a new feeling that I don’t like then I’ll end up scrapping it.

1 Like

I’m a plantser :eyes:

1 Like

PLOTTER SM

1 Like

Yeah, I’m definitely a panster since most of my ideas are scattered all over the place. Eventually, I find ways how to connect them with each other.

Hi I am a panster, my pants take me wherever it wants me to take to :smile:

1 Like

Plotter. But I can’t get it written down, it’s all in my head :weary:

A panster.

I’m definitely more of a plotter when it comes to any kind of writing.
What about you guys, @Acorn06 & @Edelgard?

1 Like

I’m both! I mostly plan in my head, and sometimes write down everything I want to happen in the chapter, but sometimes I come up with new scenarios and change the chapter at the last minute.

1 Like

I used to be more of a panster and still am when it comes to short or simple stories, although I do a lot of planning for the more complex ones ~

Nice

1 Like

Short posts too, like in RPing?

1 Like

Yes, actually, although I suppose that in RPs like Westeria, the main plot is planned, so some things relating to it will be incorporated in the post :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Oh, yeah, that’s true. So yeah, you are a bit of both then.

I’m both, I plan for certain scenes but also just see what I come up with. it needs to fit the energy as well after all.

1 Like

I think I’m more of a plotter than a pantser now. Me and my RP partner on Discord tend to butt heads a lot cuz our writing styles are different (Her pantser writing does not mesh well with my meticulous consistent plotting, I plan out almost everything weeks or even months before the events happen. I always tell her not to do pantsing when developing her characters because it comes off as lazy writing. In fact I went off on her today for this very reason)

Closed due to inactivity