Professor Snape, let's discuss

I’ve never seen a more heated debate than that of two Harry Potter fans and trying to decide whether or not old Snape is a goodie or a baddie.

I love both sides of the argument so as our weekly theme is good vs bad I thought we could look at this moral dilema.

3 Likes

Hmm, as all characters he’s not all good or all bad. I’m more towards the good side tho, he freaking risked his own life and is one of the bravest people. Sure the way he treats students isn’t okay, but in the end he’s also a really hurt person, not that it makes it okay but I understand him and where he comes from and I just believe he’s good because of all the things he’s done to keep others safe.

4 Likes

Also, maybe it’s me but I always try to see the good in people irl, even if they make mistakes. I guess that’s also what I do with characters in books/movies. I don’t see any characters as pure evil in general. So I guess that has an influence on how I see Snape more on the positive than negative side.

4 Likes

Yeah I can see what you mean with this

I think a lot of people hate him because he was kinda a bully and a lot of readers can probably relate to the being bullied thing so it hits closer to home.

2 Likes

Snape is a nicer person than I am :no_mouth:

1 Like

He seems cold-hearted but he’s actually nice.

2 Likes

He’s a complex character

3 Likes

Closed due to inactivity :zombie: