PROM: Ruby and Oliver | 1X1

Welcome to the very first 1x1 between @Daunt and @melancholy (me!) :sparkles: Feel free to read along and follow the story :wink: It is on a public thread after all, haha. If you wish to comment please put it in a spoiler or a details thing! Enjoy~ :hibiscus:

:sparkles: Characters :hibiscus:

𝕆𝕝𝕚𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕟
Personality

Personality: He is genuinely the ‘boy-next-door’ sort of guy. He’s kind and patient with ambivert tendencies. Ollie will help whoever requests it of him and is the exact opposite of shy. He has a strong sense of responsibility and strives to meet his obligations, though this may sometimes be more from a sense of social expectations than intrinsic drive. Caring deeply about other people’s feelings, he is careful not to offend or hurt anybody and is strong team player.
This makes it easy for him to connect with others, normally, but Oliver is rather self-conscious about what people think of him. He’s often vulnerable to criticism and inflexible.

Backstory

Biography: Oliver is actually an orphan. His parents… Well, he’s not quite sure what happened to them. He had grown up with no home aside from the orphanage until he was about 10 years old. A seemingly caring man had adopted him, but it’s safe to say that this man was quite terrible. After a year or so of abuse, the man was finally caught and arrested. It was less than a year later that a sweet couple adopted him. After hearing how things had went at his previous ‘home,’ they felt a little bit of pity for the boy. Now, he still lives with them and considers them to be his real parents despite knowing that they are not.

Interests

Interests: He’s definitely an athletic guy-- he enjoys pretty much any sport. An avid runner, you can often find him taking morning jogs throughout different areas. He enjoys dancing and often dances during his free time. However, he has never had lessons and doesn’t think he’s too good at it.

Faceclaim

ℝ𝕦𝕓𝕪 𝕋𝕖𝕘𝕒𝕟 𝔹𝕖𝕒
Personality

Compared to her besties, she’s an absolute angel. Or so she seems. She can be cunning, manipulating, and sassy when you push her buttons. Combined with a short temper makes her a supernova. She’s a flirt and loves having fun and throwing parties. She likes being in the spotlight and she’ll give you a show. She knows how to let loose and doesn’t worry about trivial things like money. She can come off as entitled but is actually a philanthropist. She’s been called a Sl-t before but she doesn’t take sh*t seriously. She holds people to their promises and expects top-notch performance. She can be bossy, but likes to keep things neat and orderly. Any event with her instantly becomes fun yet organized.**

Backstory

Ruby wasn’t your average flirty girl, she was first an average girl with some contacts and a book in her hand. She grew up with her parents and older sisters as a “rich” kid. She never really found the motive to be outgoing until she reached middle school. She was bullied and taunted by those who didn’t know who she was. So she donned the Dior lipstick, Gucci Sunglasses, her Maserati, and a bad case of sass. She grew up to be known as a fun and flirty girl who threw some amazing parties, and can steal a heart with a bat of her eyelashes. She met Amber at a party where they clashed until they found some common ground and soon grew closer.

Interests

Cars, Clothes, Makeup, Fashion, Skateboarding, dancing, and baking some sweet treats. She also loves putting people in their place. She happens to love dancing and isn’t afraid to dance.

Faceclaim

This role-play follows the story of Ruby and Oliver from the PROM roleplay, their in their senior year and it’s the beginning of summer. The original roleplay, unfortunately was not able to have. been archives completely and we only have a few of the couple posts.

However this is a short summary of what happened: Ruby and Oliver met in the back to school party hosted by Amber Perry in their junior year. They hit off and when they saw each other again at another party they started dating by the next morning. However, Ruby was apart of a group in the school known as the Bon-Bon society, a society comprimised of the top girls (3) of the school. One of the things Ruby had done was spray paint a friend of Oliver’s house and posted about it on instagram. Oliver found out the next morning and they had a messy break up and since then have had few run-ins towards the duration of their junior year, unwantedly. Which leads us here, the summer of their senior year.

19 Likes

Oliver Stranton

A party. It always came down to a party.
Had Oliver realized that he would have the unfortunate pleasure of running into the infamous Ruby Teagan, he would have never let anyone convince him to attend. Yet he confidently strode into the house, eventually finding himself in the back yard of a girl he barely knew. It was crowded, the music was blaring, and several people were yelling just to be heard as they conversed with another person.
He forced his way through the crowd in order to find a clearing, but it did not take long for someone to spill a glass of water on his exposed chest. The playfully striped shirt he wore had the top buttons undone, however, so it was fine. Perhaps he had needed that to wake up a tad bit more.
After passing through a few more people, he finally reached the desired clearing that he had been searching for. He was suppose to be meeting someone, but something told him that it would be close to impossible to find them in this party. He would be lucky if he could find anyone that he recognized, it seemed. It was strange to think that everyone at the party attended their school (well, at least he assumed so), yet he knew none of their names.
With almost all hope lost in finding any of his friends, he collapsed onto a purple beanbag chair that had been tossed aside into the grass. His ‘game plan’, so to speak, was to get a sense of his surroundings before he would either search once more or… or he would give up completely, get a drink, and find a girl to talk to. Both seemed like somewhat decent ideas as he stared up at the sky, a thousand thoughts and a million regrets racing through his mind.

@katabasis Wasn’t completely sure how long you would prefer the posts, so I figured this was a decent starter (: If not, I can add more in!

3 Likes

Ruby Tegan Bea

Ruby loved most parties.
But most parties weren’t this big in which everyone was around, honestly, Ruby was getting claustrophobic at this point. She was wearing something rather simple compared to her average attire, usually designer clothes although her makeup was on and perfectly done and reflected the time she spent on it early in the morning and truth be told she didn’t really have enough energy to spend the same amount of time on her outfit. She barely navigated the sweaty crowds of people and hyper (read high) ones as well. When she had tasted the punch, she was positive it was spiked with something rather strong. She couldn’t find any of her friends, which wasn’t an unnatural thing, usually they were nowhere to be found. She knew the host distantly but only came because she was pushed to, rather, she would’ve stayed back home because parties during this time of year brought rather unhappy memories.

Ruby tugged at the edge of her shirt and for the first time in a long time seemed to back away from the edge of the party and she turned and walked in the grass where fewer people were. She reached a clearing and sat down in the grass and took a really deep breath, she hadn’t taken a breath in a long time, having woken up exhausted this morning. A hangover she hadn’t quite gotten over from the night before at a different party. It wasn’t as if it went noticed at least, as soon as she reached the kitchen table both her parents were gone. Her father on a business trip and her mother out and about with various friends and coworkers. Which left Ruby with herself and advil for company. It wasn’t until she lifted her head that she noticed someone familiar in the corner of her eye, she blinked a few times before realizing that it was in fact, the Oliver Stranton. One of her many exes, although his was by far her shortest …thing ever. Barely lasted 12 hours. He seemed to be staring at the sky, sitting on a beanbag chair. Hopefully he wouldn’t notice her. She rested her forehead on her knees, she was tired anyways.

@Daunt It’s just perfect!!

3 Likes

I added some tags for you :grin::new_moon::dizzy::black_heart:

2 Likes

Oliver Stranton

A shadow crossed his face as someone walked past him, sitting down nearby. Normally, Oliver would have ignored it and continued lounging about, unbothered by whoever may see him. Since he did not plan on lying around much longer, though, he decided to look around for who it may have been. Perhaps it was one of his friends that had finally found him. Or perhaps it was a girl he fancied.
The answer, in all truthfulness, was that it was person that is the complete opposite of both of those. A girl that he did not long to see: Ruby Teagan.
Were feelings towards her and the way acted around her a bit melodramatic at times? Of course. He could not confidently decide whether she brought out the worst or best in him. It did not help that their relationship came crashing down in flames before they could get much of anywhere. That’s why it was so difficult for him to decide.
Although he would rather never find out and just leave it be. He did not want to deal with the confrontation or the possibility of reconciliation leading to more disaster. Yet he could not help but mumble, “Just my luck.”
He prayed that the music was somehow loud enough where they were to muffle the sound of his voice as he rose to his feet. Oliver could not fathom having a normal conversation with the girl.
Despite wanting to leave the area as soon as possible, there was a brief moment where his eyes lingered on her. She is gorgeous. After all, there had to be some reason that he would like the girl, right?
Oh, how embarrassing it would be if he were caught staring. Yet he could not look away. She looked… she looked much too innocent at the moment. If anything, it was almost suspicious. He found himself saying, “I hope you’re not trying to stalk me.”

@katabasis

3 Likes

Ruby Tegan Bea

She was silently thinking about various things she had to do, for one, actually get ready for a university. Which would be difficult considering she spent most of her time out at a social event another, what a social butterfly she was indeed. But it was as if the proximity to being close to Oliver caused her mind to wander for a few moments. His idea of style had gotten better…somewhat. She quietly recalled the very first time she met him, grabbing medicine and seeing someone who was really overdressed (although good-looking) int he same room with her. Then as Ruby wandered down memory lane, the time when Oliver broke up with her.

That’s correct, the Ruby Tegan Bea had been broken up with. Ugh. It was all over random people’s tongues and a gossip blog at one point. A fiery storm of drama, although she hadn’t felt it much seeing as Amber and Chloe pretty much distracted and shielded her from the most of it. The way Ruby dealt with things was by shutting them out so seeing Oliver really made that hard. A draft of wind blew across and Ruby involuntary shiver, next time she’d have to remeber to bring a jacket.

Ruby’s hopes were in vain the moment that Oliver spoke to her she turned her head towards him and gave him a raised and eyebrow before rolling her eyes. Of course. Just needed this today. “Even looking at you would be the very last thing I would want to do, much less stalk you.” Ruby studied her nails which for once wasn’t painted. She stood of from the ground and brushed off her clothes slightly before facing Oliver again before tilting her head at Oliver. “Which is odd to accuse me of, considering you were probably staring at me.” Of course, Ruby had no idea if this was the case.

@Daunt ~ Ee Ollie your thoughts :rofl:

3 Likes

Oliver Stranton

“Probably? As in you don’t know for certain? As in that you’re just assuming?”
He had definitely been staring, but she did not need to know that. So… Oliver did not feel the need to confirm nor deny the accusation. Instead, he was quick to add, “The area was practically empty up you slid onto the ground practically right next to me, darling.”
It was bizarre to see her again up close. There were features that she had that he had almost forgotten about. Yet Ruby had also changed drastically. The lack of designer clothes (if those were designer, then he would not have guessed it-- not that he knows anything about fashion…), the lack of nail polish, the seemingly natural curls. Even her height was different, somehow, although he was not exactly sure. Was she shorter? Perhaps this was just because of the shoes she wore.
Either way, he had made it a point to pay as little attention to her as possible, fighting back the little desire he had to see her. He felt ridiculous. They had only dated for a short while. Sure, the break up was nasty, to say the least, but should they really be as hateful and spiteful towards each other as they currently are?
Oliver took a step back, his stance otherwise unwavering as he looked at her. After finishing his piece, his eyes wandered around, looking for any excuse to leave her presence. Not that he should have to leave, seeing as he was here first, but he wanted to take somewhat a moral high road. And removing himself from this situation? That seemed to the way to do it.

@katabasis || Haha, it’s safe to say that his mind… wanders (’:

3 Likes

Ruby Tegan Bea

“As in, yes you were but I’ll just refrain from embarrasing you tonight,” She replied to him, his response to pick out the probably was a nice idea. So did this mean she’d have to pick her words carefully from now on? But chances were he wasn’t, and why would he. He decided to keep as far away as possible from Ruby…not like she minded. Of course not. She definitely wanted to stay away from him as well! Definitely… “Gee, next time I’ll take time out of my day to purposefully look for you and make sure you’re far away from me, does that make you happy, dear?” Ruby hadn’t talked with Oliver in a long time, much less seen him face to face, very little had changed. He still had the beautiful green eyes, for one. Still with the very much of a boy-next-door type of look about him. Now that it was a bad look of course, Ruby happened to think the look fit him rather well. She looked down at the ground for a moment pausing her thoughts before they managed to run ways she didn’t want them to go. It was getting slightly cold outside, the winds seem to blow with a rather chill air and she noticed him to take a step back. That was good, although she should probably leave, she had gotten her breath of fresh air she could head back, especially considering the fact that people would be wondering where she went. Or probably not, she could imagine them not caring for a bit. She gave Oliver a rather practiced smile, before turning around to leave the area. It wasn’t as if she hated Oliver, she certainly didn’t l ike the way things ended though, that was for sure. She didn’t quite like how everything they had now was spiteful and angry, it was a rather tiring thing that made her avoid any interaction with him. Although, admittedly she may have taken some part in cultivating it.

@Daunt ~ Haha, I don’t quite know what to do since both of them seem ready to vacate the area :’)

3 Likes

Oliver Stranton

It was nearly impossible to refrain from rolling his eyes. He made it only a moment or so before he gave in, the eye roll subtle but noticeable. "That would fill me with joy, Ruby. I think that would be the happiest that you have ever made me."
He was well aware that he was lying to himself by saying that. There was an awkward, heavy tension hanging now as they just… stood there. There was an uneasy feeling is his stomach before he finally sighed, reaching up to rub his face as if he were tired. His hands dragged down his cheeks as he finally looked at her again, unsure of whether or not it would be a good idea to continue with talking to her. Perhaps it would be if he tried to make things right. He could not stand the underlying bitterness and the tension that constantly rose to the surface whenever the other was around. So he said, “Actually, Ruby… maybe we should, uh, try and just forget it…? Forget what happened in the past? I’m tired of the constant arguing and of throwing rude jabs at each other.”
He stopped there, unsure of how to continue. Oliver already felt ridiculous for offering a new beginning of sorts. Yet he knew that they would never move forward and move past this unless it was done.

@katabasis || Hopefully this helps a bit?? They’re both preeetty stubborn, but I think Ollie would crack first…? How funny of him to think that they won’t argue again… aha.

3 Likes

Ruby Tegan Bea

“Ahh noted, if only I bothered my time with trying to make you happy.” Ruby responded back smoothly although the comment slightly stung but she tried not to read too much into it. There was a very deep tension between the two of them that made the space awkward considering that neither fancied the conversation but didn’t quite want to be the first to leave. Oliver rubbed his face, dragging his hand down his cheek before looking at her as if thinking about something.

“Actually, Ruby… maybe we should, uh, try and just forget it…? Forget what happened in the past? I’m tired of the constant arguing and of throwing rude jabs at each other.”

Ruby was surprised, shocked to say the very least and she was sure her face showed that as her eyebrows rose slightly. While she wouldn’t have admitted it, she did like the proposition and was tired of the arguing and remarks at each other. She relaxed her face into a cool composed look and nodded. Usually, Ruby wasn’t big on second chances but she had used quite a few of them herself and perhaps they could turn over a new leaf with this. “…Sure, let bygones be bygones and all that amazing sh-t, correct?” Ruby held out a hand, “So, new leaf then.”

@Daunt ~ It does, thank you haha! Ahh, Ollie is a sweetheart! The naive cinnamon roll :’)

3 Likes

Oliver Stranton

Originally, he had been worried that his tone came off as too desperate. Yet she nodded, and just the sight of that was enough to let his insides settle somewhat. Relief did not necessarily flood him, but he definitely felt more at ease now. Perhaps, they could even become friends by the end of the school year. That was entirely possible, right? To simply be friends. Nothing more and nothing less.
Well, either way, he was content with being acquaintances for now. After all, even that would be a big accomplishment for the two of them. So he took hold of her hand, giving it a gentle shake despite his firm grip. “New leaf then,” he echoed.
It was rather strange, and he was not quite sure how to proceed now. How would he converse with her from this point forward? “Well… I look forward to our arguments coming to an end now,” he awkwardly added on, letting go of her hand to rub the back of his neck. “Do you, uh… Do you want a drink, maybe?” He had yet to try any, unaware that the likelihood of them being spiked was, to say the least, astronomically high.

@katabasis || Aw, so sweet! He’s just trying his best (:

3 Likes

Omg prom💔 best rp ever

2 Likes

@CerealKiller, it says in the first post that you can post comments here but to blur or hide them. Would you please mind doing that in the wishes of the two writers?

Also, Daunt and Ani, I will start reading this soon, I do have it set to watching to remind me. (wink)

4 Likes

@CerealKiller Haha, I wish we had gotten to continue with it fully!

@CrazyCaliope Thank you, Cali!! And ahh, haha, I apologize in advance for the inevitable typos and tropes (:

Ani

@katabasis Oh, Ani, this reminded me: are we going to just focus on Ruby and Oliver or did you want to use that mystery-plot surrounding Amber from the actual roleplay to some degree?? Forgot to ask, I’m sorry, haha.

4 Likes

@Daunt
:thinking: I didn’t think about it, it’s fine haha. Do you have preference because I don’t mind which way.

2 Likes

Just wondering, why oh a public thread? :thinking:

1 Like

This is for others of the old roleplay to read along and for others to as well. It’s also a model for anyone that’d like to do a 1x1 in the future.

3 Likes

Apologies, I’m not sure how I missed this! But anyway, I don’t have a preference at all. Although either way, I kind of don’t want to deal with Amber unless you have a good idea that would require her presence :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Bro honestly, same here, let’s just keep the focus on them.

2 Likes

Sound good to me, haha.

2 Likes