Promote your favourite mangas!

I am a person who has read a fair amount of manga, probably not as much as some people but definitely enough that I have some reccomendations!

I use an app known as shonen jump, it’s subscription based but it’s cheap because it was made to combat piracy, all of these mangas can be found there.

So I’ll give a basic plot summary then say why I like it.

I’m only gonna give my top 3 in this OP, please be careful with not giving 18+ suggestions

My Hero Academia

It’s about a boy called Izuku Midoryia who was born into a world of heros and people with “quirks” without one of his own. His dream is to become a hero and this is his story! (That’s an extremely basic plot) I like it because every character is important and has a cool moment. The art looks really rad and in general it’s really good to read, I’m fully up to date with it!

Dr. Stone

I. Love. This. Manga
The basic plot is that one day a flash of light turned everyone on earth to stone. Then thousands of years later by chance, Senku a young scientist genius gets unpetrified and immediately starts his journey of saving everybody and rebuilding a kingdom of science. It’s really good it has actual science and the art is gorgeous the characters are all so rad!

One Piece

I’m still not fully up to date but I’ve read enough to know how much I love it! It follows the journey of a pirate called Luffy and his crew the straw hats as they sail the seas, go on adventures and work to achieve their dreams! Luffy’s dream is to find One Piece and become the pirate king. I don’t think there’s anything I don’t love about it. Please don’t let the length put you off! It’s an amazing read from the start and up to date, you can go at your own pace and enjoy the ride :blush:

@AnimeNerds come give your favourite mangas some love!

I haven’t read a lot of manga yet but here are some of my favorites:

1. Kaguya-sama: Love is War

Kaguya-sama: Love is War looks like a generic rom-com on the outside. But in reality, the story is more than just that. The central protagonists of the story are golden students Kaguya Shinomiya and Miyuki Shirogane. They both obviously like each other, but both are also too proud to confess their feelings. Thus, they both come up with antics to make the other confess to them. However, their antics are often interrupted, which often becomes the source of comedy. It’s mostly comedy, but it also has a satisfying romance and a bit of drama that fleshes out the characters.

2. JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure Part 7: Steel Ball Run

I love JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure as a series, but I will focus on Part 7 because I think this part is the best of out all the installments in this franchise.

Part 7 is a reboot from the original storyline (Parts 1-6). The power system is still quite similar to the original JoJo timeline (Stands), but the means of obtaining them are different. You can read it without reading the previous parts but I still recommend reading the first six parts first because SBR has a lot of callbacks and references that only make sense if you’ve already seen the previous parts.

Plot synopsis: In an alternate 1890, jockeys all over the world went to the USA to participate in the Steel Ball Run - a cross-country horse race from San Diego to New York City with a prize of fifty million dollars. The main protagonist is Johnny Joestar, a crippled former jockey who entered the race after meeting former Neapolitan executioner Gyro Zepelli, whose ability called “Spin” briefly restored his legs’ mobility. It then became Johnny’s goal to learn about the secrets of Gyro’s mysterious ability. Throughout the race, Gyro and Johnny became companions as they face challenges and violent enemies along the way.

There are more conspiracies behind the race but I’m not going to spoil them since they’re a major plot point.

Steel Ball Run shines from the other parts of JoJo mainly because of the writing. It has a good plot with well-written central characters and intense fight scenes. I also adore the art for this part. Overall, it’s a great read. It has some scenes that might be uncomfortable for others to read but they’re not glorified in any way.

I’m gonna throw Jujutsu Kaisen into the mix because even though I think the anime is the best way to experience it, the manga is still extremely good, I don’t think I’ve read 100 chapters that fast ever and I would have read more but Shonen Jump has a limit on how many you can unlock in a day.

So anyway I promote the manga and the anime it’s really good.

Closed due to inactivity