Promote your story by comparing it to another story you wrote

This is a great way to show how much your writing style, your plot ideas and your characters have changed, probably even improved! Promote your story by comparing it to another story you wrote! Give away as many details as you want and don’t forget to add a link to your stories so we can find them!

Wait can you compare it to a story you didnt write?

1 Like

Nah, this is more for comparing two stories that you wrote. I’m not sure if we have a thread for comparing your story to one that you didn’t write :thinking: But that would also be a great idea!

1 Like

Alright, I’ll start this off by comparing two of my stories. One is my novel on Tapas that’s kind of a cliche bad boy story but I enjoy writing it. This story is actually based on one of my Episode stories. Yes, the Episode story was even more cliche and after having another look at it, I have to admit that it was kind of bad. The Tapas story has more research and more diverse personalities for the characters. It’s just easier for me to write novels even though I like that I don’t have to describe people in animated stories.

I’m gonna compare Deadly Nightshade to Mysterious Northview. While Mysterious Northview had a great plot and a wide, diverse range of characters, the directing was… iffy? And the writing was weird sometimes. It was a fantasy mystery story. It also taught me to stick with a smaller cast of characters.

But with Deadly Nightshade, I started off having a fresh idea of the plot. I expanded on that more and more, till I created a rich (literally and figuratively) cast of characters with different personalities and goals, as well as morals. Not to mention the plot is very fun to write (and read.) My directing has improved tenfold.

I plan to write it on Wattpad too.

1 Like

I’m gonna compare Miss Understood with There’s No Accounting for Taste:

Both have comical elements and are family-friendly, but while Miss Understood had an adult MC starting a teaching career, the characters from There’s No Accounting for Taste are in high school. Emilianna, the MC from Miss Understood, is spoiled and sassy, while Ellie is bubbly, positive, and sweet. There is a love interest in Miss Understood, but he doesn’t appear until chapter 5, and romancing him is optional. In There’s No Accounting for Taste, the LI is an integral part of the story, he appears in the very first chapter, and his romance with Ellie develops over the course of the story. I’ve also gotten much better at directing and coding since last year, and while I ended Miss Understood at 11 chapters, TNAFT will probably have 20. I’m currently working on chapter 17.

1 Like

Closed due to inactivity